Previous in Forum: Wifi Connectivity   Next in Forum: Thermal Glue Replacement
Close
Close
Close
3 comments
Active Contributor

Solid State Drives vs. HDD

07/31/2011 10:38 PM

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ssd-reliability-failure-rate,2923-2.html#xtor=RSS-182 this is the statistical stuff for the new SSD (solid state drives) which can be 20 times faster and able to take a lickin; keep on tickin... but it seems only IntelĀ® is most reliable. A few years ago IBM came out with a lightning fast 4 gig. Right now most of the drives at about 128 Gig run about $275. There is something about the wearing down of the units after exponential write cycles. The math is fuzzy to me; they use different methods. Like they told us in Stat class: "figures don't lie; but liars: {deceiver, fibber, perjurer, false witness, fabricator, equivocator; fabulist}. figure" Should I turn my HDD into artwork or get another. 13" mac book; 15" mac book pro; 24" Imac?

this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru
Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member Engineering Fields - Piping Design Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 783

Re: Solid state drives vs. HDD

07/31/2011 10:53 PM

While you're at it, you can take all your old floppy disks and make them into a large sculpture of a fish.

In reply to #1

07/31/2011 11:09 PM

that is not a bad idea. i do do sculpture out of "found" items. this may work. In this arts city; a lot of that stuff sells..no kidding. have a great day....

In reply to #2

03/02/2021 5:29 AM

When it comes to computing, priorities are placed on storage and performance. The hard drive is often viewed as a major storage device. However, there is alternative hardware that can do a perfect job. People now use Solid State Drives as the main storage device for a wide range of technological needs.

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 3 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

cantubury (1); johnelton (1); Tornado (1)

Previous in Forum: Wifi Connectivity   Next in Forum: Thermal Glue Replacement

Advertisement