Previous in Forum: Advanced Tech Batteries   Next in Forum: Optical filter non visible light
Close
Close
Close
3 comments
Guru
India - Member - Sensors Technology Popular Science - Cosmology - Dream, Think and Act United Kingdom - Member - New Member United States - Member - New Member Canada - Member - New Member

Location: AM-51, Deen Dayal Nagar, Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh, MP 474001, India
Good Answers: 32

We hit the target - new charge amplifier is good

04/19/2007 5:56 PM

Dear Friends

We achieved the goal and build this new charge amplifier and charge level detector for fC to pC charge pulse detection with 50ns rise time and very clean pulse shape. See the picture for 1pC charge pulse in green trace and comparator output in yellow trace.

I wish to thank www.maxim-ic.com and www.analog.com for providing us samples for development and evaluation of the charge amplifier prototype design. We also thank many friends who developed PCB and did the soldering work and tested the charge amplifiers for many days now for the performance and stability of the design.

I wish to thank my daughter Dr. Jyoti Vandana (UK) for funding TDS2024 2G-SPS Tektronix digital storage oscilloscope to get those pictures recorded.

I wish to thank John, Tad, Ken and many others for a very constructive discussion on the subjects of hot transistor, Ion mobility spectrometer, fast charge amplifier, fast peak detector, all related topics.

If any one want to know where such charge amplifiers can be used then write to me. Few applications are listed here.

1. x-ray detection and x-ray digital imaging

2. Ion beam monitoring

3. Ion Mobility spectrometers

4. Microchannel plate, channel electron multiplier, photodiode and photomultiplier tube charge amplifier and noise discriminator

5. Accelerator beam charge detection

6. Space research - x-ray and charge particle detectors

7. Cosmic ray experiments

8. other charge pulse detection requirements

Right now the design can handle more than two million pulses per second. We now move on to 10 million and 100 million pulses per second charge amplifiers and charge discriminators designs for supper fast experiments.

If any university and research lab in the world is looking for such charge amplifiers can write to me with details of requirements and our team of engineers may be of some help. We intend to make 10000 of these charge amplifiers immediately for our own need.

this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Associate

Re: We hit the target - new charge amplifier is good

04/21/2007 6:44 AM

Impressionant !

Nic

Register to Reply
Participant

04/21/2007 1:00 PM

Am interested.

pricing and specifications?

Register to Reply
Anonymous Poster

04/22/2009 10:21 AM

How much is the input capacitance?

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 3 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Anonymous Poster (1); nicolaievlad (1); nordmandii (1)

Previous in Forum: Advanced Tech Batteries   Next in Forum: Optical filter non visible light

Advertisement