Previous in Forum: Self Lubricated Sliding Bearings   Next in Forum: Surface Preparation
Close
Close
Close
2 comments
Anonymous Poster #1

Welding on C/S Pipe With LTCS Flange

02/07/2012 7:20 AM

Dear gents, I have got 42" A-671 C/S pipe but it has flange A-350 LF LT(low temp). i) Is it possible normal c/s pipe be with LTCS Flange. ii) if yes , what is the technical reason and what criteria we have to consider during the preparation of W.P.S(Welding Procedure Specification) for normal c/s to LTCS c/s. Please advise me ASAP. Cheers

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".
Power-User

Good Answers: 20

Re: Welding on C/S Pipe With LTCS Flange

02/07/2012 11:30 AM

With normal carbon steel pipe you can very well weld LTCS flange but note that assembly is not suitable for LT sevice.

LTCS is nothing but killed carbon steel and it passes notch test for low temperature service.

You can follow any of the WPS suitable to CS or suitable to LTCS but nomally better options are selected in such cases.

Reply Good Answer (Score 3)
Power-User

Good Answers: 3

Re: Welding on C/S Pipe With LTCS Flange

02/23/2012 3:32 AM

It is possible to use LTCS flange with C.S. piping, the only difference between the two being Impact testing required for LTCS at lower temp. for which it is specified. The technical reason may be that at the junction between the Low temp. and higher temp. piping, the flange of LTCS was given.

The WPS for welding can be the same as that of C.S.

Reply to Forum Thread 2 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Previous in Forum: Self Lubricated Sliding Bearings   Next in Forum: Surface Preparation

Advertisement