Previous in Forum: New method of power recovery   Next in Forum: Shaping Ultra Wide Band Technology
Close
Close
Close
2 comments
Participant

Sony Granted Patents for 'Matrix-Like' technology

04/07/2005 1:34 PM

"If you think video games are engrossing now, just wait: PlayStation maker Sony Corp. has been granted a patent for beaming sensory information directly into the brain."

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
The Feature Creep

One step closer...

04/07/2005 1:48 PM

"The technique could one day be used to create videogames in which you can smell, taste, and touch, or to help people who are blind or deaf. "
One step closer to Neuromancer. Just tell me when I can jack into cyberspace and become really Chrome.

Engineering Fields - Software Engineering - S/W Architect Popular Science - Evolution - Fascinating! Fans of Old Computers - TRS-80 - A fine computer United States - US - Statue of Liberty - NY

Good Answers: 5

A new “sense”?

04/07/2005 8:53 PM

I bet it would be easier to develop this kind of technology in the direction of creating a new "sense" (or "sensation") that the brain would learn to interpret, instead of trying to create specific sensations (like, say, the smell of rose, or of smoke).

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Previous in Forum: New method of power recovery   Next in Forum: Shaping Ultra Wide Band Technology
You might be interested in: CID Cameras, Cell Processors, FireWire® Connectors

Advertisement