Previous in Forum: So You Want to Buy an Asteroid...   Next in Forum: Atmosphere Salinity Data-Fuel System
Close
Close
Close
9 comments
Guru

Good Answers: 1662

For You Airplanes Buffs

04/19/2013 2:03 PM

Bugatti's Only Airplane Makes Final Push for First Flight.

Disclaimer: They do ask for contributions at the end of the piece, but very interesting story none the less.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru
Engineering Fields - Optical Engineering - Member Engineering Fields - Engineering Physics - Member Engineering Fields - Systems Engineering - Member

Good Answers: 646

Re: FOR YOU AIRPLANE BUFFS

04/19/2013 2:22 PM

Cool looking plane. I thought it was a new design at first, and then was impressed to find out it was designed in the 1930s. Thanks for the link.

Good Answers: 13

Re: FOR YOU AIRPLANE BUFFS

04/20/2013 10:10 AM

"Disclaimer: They do ask for contributions at the end of the piece, but very interesting story none the less"

That's what kickstarter.com is about...asking people to contribute funding for your project.

Active Contributor

Re: For You Airplanes Buffs

04/20/2013 4:29 PM

Lynn, Thanks so much for posting this link. I am a commercial pilot, have my own plane and several hangars, and have been flying since 1977. This plane is a thing of beauty. Proof once again that Italians have exquisite taste. (Disclaimer - i am 100% German). What a tremendous thing these volunteers are doing! I am a Facilities Engineer for Chevron, and don't have much opportunity to make something beautiful. I am so glad to see this amazing design brought to life. And Lynn, keep up the good work. Rock

Guru
Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member Engineering Fields - Marine Engineering - New Member

Location: Vancleave, Ms about 30 miles inland from Biloxi and the coast
Good Answers: 105

04/20/2013 7:00 PM

I wonder what engine they plan on using? I believe Bugatti supplied engines for some aircraft and marine projects way back.

Good Answers: 4

04/22/2013 12:54 AM

Beautiful!! Well worth a contribution!

Engineering Fields - Aerospace Engineering - Member United States - Member - Army Vet in the aviation industry

Good Answers: 112

04/22/2013 11:42 AM

Thanks for the heads up on that, Lyn. I couldn't resist parting with some cash to get that 2X3 engineering print!! There are a couple of others here where I work that will probably do the same.

Hooker

Guru

In reply to #6

04/22/2013 11:51 AM

I'm thinking that my name would look good engraved on the cockpit deck of that plane.

My wife just asked me what I want for my birthday. I'm going to ask for that!

I may never see it in person, but it's a lot cheaper than driving a race car into a wall.

Guru
Engineering Fields - Aerospace Engineering - Member United States - Member - Army Vet in the aviation industry

Good Answers: 112
In reply to #7

04/22/2013 1:18 PM

Well, the good part about lusting over the print as I did, it also includes getting your name engraved on the deck.

And, I get enough adrenaline rush, riding my motorcycle that I'll not "pay" to drive anything into a wall.

Hooker

Guru

In reply to #8

04/22/2013 1:33 PM

I'd just lose the print. I don't have any wall space left for it. But I'll always know that I had a very small part in this project.

Just like I'll always know that for a short time in 2012 my tire marks were the only ones on the outside wall coming out of turn 4 at Phoenix International Raceway.

What a ride that was.

Reply to Forum Thread 9 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

bluebelly (1); Hooker (2); lyn (2); RockM (1); ronseto (1); TerraMan (1); Usbport (1)

Previous in Forum: So You Want to Buy an Asteroid...   Next in Forum: Atmosphere Salinity Data-Fuel System

Advertisement