Previous in Forum: CR4 Down for Some Tidying Up.   Next in Forum: Air Compressor
Close
Close
Close
10 comments
Guru
United States - Member - Lifelong New Yorker Popular Science - Biology - Animal Science Technical Fields - Technical Writing - Technical Writer

Good Answers: 59

Duct Tape Festival

06/18/2013 8:53 AM

How did we miss this? The 10th annual Duct Tape Festival was held last week. Did you attend? What's the craziest thing you've made of duct tape?

http://www.ducttapefestival.com/

Register to Reply
Pathfinder Tags: duct tape
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru
Popular Science - Evolution - New Member Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member

Good Answers: 918

Re: Duct Tape Festival

06/18/2013 9:11 AM

If I brought a big bucket of Goo Gone to the festival would I be a party pooper?

Register to Reply
Guru
Engineering Fields - Optical Engineering - Member Engineering Fields - Engineering Physics - Member Engineering Fields - Systems Engineering - Member

Good Answers: 646
In reply to #1

06/18/2013 6:01 PM

I used duct tape to hold a tarp down on my pickup. Once. I'll ever do that again. I spent a couple hours using Goo Gone to remove the tape residue with not much result. Frustrated, I tried a few other solvents and found that 70 percent isopropyl alcohol does a much better job.

In reply to #5

06/19/2013 12:41 PM

try coocking oil (1-st) + (then) that alcohol next time (multi-cycle if required)

Good Answers: 21
In reply to #8

06/21/2013 11:18 PM

Use the oil to make a blackened steak on the grill and the alcohol to stooth the mind.

Register to Reply
Guru
Engineering Fields - Mechanical Engineering - New Member Fans of Old Computers - TRS-80 - New Member Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Safety - Hazmat - New Member Hobbies - Fishing - Fish On! United States - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 269

06/18/2013 1:28 PM

This should have been an IHS GlobelSpec sponsered event.

United States - Member - Lifelong New Yorker Popular Science - Biology - Animal Science Technical Fields - Technical Writing - Technical Writer

Good Answers: 59
In reply to #2

06/18/2013 2:10 PM

Who would the featured speaker have been?

Register to Reply
Guru
Hobbies - Fishing - Old Salt Hobbies - CNC - New Member United States - US - Statue of Liberty - New Member

Good Answers: 266
In reply to #3

06/18/2013 4:11 PM

Steve Smith

Good Answers: 80
In reply to #3

06/19/2013 8:58 AM

Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Fans of Old Computers - PDP 11 - New Member Technical Fields - Architecture - New Member Hobbies - HAM Radio - New Member

Good Answers: 70

06/19/2013 7:28 AM

I missed that festival as I was busy repairing the hose on my lawn vacuum with Duct Tape ...I'm planning to visit the Moxie festival on July 14th. if I can! I do have some work clothing that has Duct tape repairs too!

Canada - Member - New Member Popular Science - Cosmology - New Member Hobbies - Musician - New Member

Good Answers: 30

06/20/2013 9:13 AM

I once knew a woman from Minnesota who made a duct tape bikini. Smokin' hot. She looked good in a bacon bikini too. Her beer cap bikini didn't turn out so well.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Anonymous Hero (1); ci139 (1); fixitorelse (1); JPool (1); ozzb (1); rashavarek (1); SavvyExacta (1); Steve of the North (1); Tom_Consulting (1); Usbport (1)

Previous in Forum: CR4 Down for Some Tidying Up.   Next in Forum: Air Compressor

Advertisement