Previous in Forum: HF Leakage of Electrosurgical Unit   Next in Forum: Biomedical Engineering
Close
Close
Close
20 comments
Guru
Hobbies - Fishing - New Member

Good Answers: 467

Flesh Eating Drug Hits US

09/27/2013 9:08 AM

I think we need to abandon the war on drugs, and start trying to figure out why people would willingly do this to themselves.

http://www.webpronews.com/flesh-eating-drug-found-in-the-united-states-2013-09

this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Guru

Good Answers: 1662

Re: Flesh Eating Drug Hits US

09/27/2013 9:19 AM

Yep, that's Arizona for you.

First in the nation at retarded governance and flesh eating drugs.

They still raid legal pot dispensaries here, after refusing to open them for two years after the medical pot laws were passed.

I stick to alcohol, it's readily accepted by even the Mormons.

Register to Reply Score 1 for Good Answer
Guru

In reply to #1

09/27/2013 9:55 AM

Expect to see more of it.

I suspect that the fact that it's popping up in Arizona, indicates that the cartels are somehow involved.

I like alcohol too, but if I saw that it was making people's lips fall off their faces, I might think about cutting back.

These kids are screwing themselves up for life.

Good Answers: 206

09/27/2013 9:30 AM

I doubt in our lifetimes we'll see a medical solution to the age old fact that people enjoy altering their state of mind.........people enjoy getting buzzed and getting high.......even stupid high risk takers do.

Register to Reply
Guru
Hobbies - Fishing - Old Salt Hobbies - CNC - New Member United States - US - Statue of Liberty - New Member

Good Answers: 266

09/27/2013 10:14 AM

There is no need to figure it out they all ready know. At some point in time these people found release from what society dealt them in the form of a drug. The altered mental state relieves them of societies pressure that they were dealing with. The addiction causes a downward spiral. They soon stop caring about other things like an income to support themselves. Which leads to poorer choices. Like this cheap drug!

In reply to #4

09/27/2013 10:20 AM

I don't think "society" is doing them any good. It used to be pot and booze...this stuff is made with paint thinner or gasoline, and they're shooting it into their veins.

How can that feel good???

Hobbies - Fishing - Old Salt Hobbies - CNC - New Member United States - US - Statue of Liberty - New Member

Good Answers: 266
In reply to #5

09/27/2013 11:05 AM

Sounds like it feels worst if you miss.

Paint thinner or gasoline and the rest of the items are easy to obtain. Prep time is like 30 minute to make. A cheap replacement for the real stuff if you don't have a job.

In reply to #6

09/27/2013 12:05 PM

Looks like we invented it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desomorphine

I think it's time to declare the war on drugs, a failure. We should be concentrating on fighting "stupid".

http://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2013/p0220_drug_overdose_deaths.html

Good Answers: 774

09/27/2013 12:06 PM

I say let them go nuts and thin out the population of stupid people being we have far to many already making it to adulthood and getting jobs where they have influence and control over others.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #8

09/27/2013 12:10 PM

Problem with that is we'll be paying the medical bills and jail costs for the ones we save.

I say, kill 'em all; Let God sort 'em out!

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #9

09/27/2013 1:17 PM

Maybe that's the silver lining.

From wiki:

The amount of tissue damage is so high that addicts' life expectancies are said to be as low as two to three years.

Kids around here have been caught huffing the freon out of AC units.

Good Answers: 774
In reply to #10

09/27/2013 4:43 PM

What I know of around here is that the new thing is the 'bath salts' and potpourri spices.

Yep literally the same potpourri spices grandma has in that little basket that makes her house smell so nice.

Apparently if you take certain herbs from the mix and smoke them you can get seriously F'ed up but still pass a standard drug test.

I learned about this through the second to last manger I had at the last place I worked. He was a 50+ year old meth head who still lived with his parents.

Believe me if it was smokeable he was into it.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #18

09/27/2013 5:52 PM

Yeah. That stuff doesn't eat flesh, it causes the user to eat other people's flesh.

Oops. I take that back...

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2012/01/13/145179057/woman-injects-bath-salts-loses-arm-to-flesh-eating-bacteria

I thought there was a case of someone on bath salts, eating someone else's face off.

Hobbies - CNC - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member Engineering Fields - Electromechanical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 411
In reply to #8

09/27/2013 1:28 PM

So your saying, maybe they should have this drug work faster on the side effects??????

Like maybe 15 minutes........ of which then we can find out about it by reading the second page (obits) of the local newspaper?

(Frankly, I started to watch the link, but after a few seconds I couldn't even finish )

In reply to #11

09/27/2013 1:37 PM

I finished watching it, but I switched my attention to the girl newscaster.

09/27/2013 1:44 PM

Crystal meth is already rampant around here. We don't need any new drugs.

Maybe it's time to remove the proverbial helmets and kneepads, (the real ones too?), and get back to raising kids that realize that actions have consequences...and sometimes they hurt.

I think we are raising kids that are so cushioned from reality, that they honestly believe that nothing is their responsibility, and nothing out there can hurt them.

It's the middle class kids that are more prone to fall into this stuff.

09/27/2013 2:08 PM

In reply to #14

09/27/2013 2:50 PM

"the images you're seeing are not from Arizona. They're from Russia"
Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/969597/flesh-eating-drug-krokodil-hits-america-not-as-scary-as-it-looks/#M1xipre7RQAyZu8U.99

Those images may not be from Arizona, but we had a girl come here to do community restitution recently who looked just like that.

Trust me, YOU DO NOT WNAT TO BE WITHIN 5 FEET OF ANYONE WHO LOOKS that hideous.

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 1733
In reply to #15

09/27/2013 3:49 PM

Ya think??

In reply to #15

09/27/2013 5:48 PM

I know they're from Russia. It's just getting started in the US.

The thing that made me mad about the article, is them saying that it's not as scary as it looks. BS.

This garbage will take off like wildfire. A heroin high at a fraction of the price...they'll be all over it.

Good Answers: 109

09/27/2013 3:49 PM

Aiyaya, If that damage is just what we can see, imagine the damage inside the body. Even alcohol has caused and will cause damage we cannot see.....need a liver. It is just stupidity and I think that may be curable with time and effort.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Fredski (1); kevinm (1); kramarat (9); lyn (3); ozzb (2); phoenix911 (1); SolarEagle (1); tcmtech (2)

Previous in Forum: HF Leakage of Electrosurgical Unit   Next in Forum: Biomedical Engineering

Advertisement