Previous in Forum: Is Forensic Engineering a legitimate sub discipline?   Next in Forum: Hardware's Now a Service
Close
Close
Close
3 comments
Power-User

Good Answers: 2

Space Station Feed on Baby Monitor

06/15/2007 10:02 AM

Has anyone seen this story? Mom goes to check on baby but instead sees a live shot of the ISS. Since the space station orbits, I assume that she must be picking up some sort of repeater video feed.

Monitor Mixup.

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru
Hobbies - HAM Radio - New Member Hobbies - Model Rocketry - New Member

Good Answers: 51

Re: Space Station Feed on Baby Monitor

06/15/2007 12:13 PM

I know sometimes ham radio operators will re-send video over high frequencies for fun to use and test there equipment. I know at one time the RPI radio club did just this with the NASA channel. My guess is she is receiving the signal because of something like this.

Another and much less likely possibility is that she has a strong transmitter near her house that is acting as an IF frequency for the receiver. The signal with the ISS on it is still likely from some sort of repeater on another frequency so that she is picking up the signal at either the sum or difference.

Register to Reply
Guru
Philippines - Member - New Member Engineering Fields - Instrumentation Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - Who am I?

Good Answers: 51

06/16/2007 12:06 AM

I saw this on CNN this morning just as I was leaving for work. I thought somebody had made a booboo (big time).

However, the feed is actually coming from NASA's website. I think one of her neighbors got one of those Audio-video transmitters that allow you to transmit TV signals wirelessly for short distances. He's got it hooked up to his computer and is sending it to his TV. Unfortunately, the baby monitor is within range so it's picking up the broadcast as well.

I think the mother should start worrying only if she sees her baby on the NASA channel instead of in the nursery .

United States - Member - USA Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - Never enough money

Good Answers: 4

06/17/2007 2:09 PM

It's aliens and a goverment cover-up I tell you.

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 3 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

frankd20 (1); Richard L (1); Vulcan (1)

Previous in Forum: Is Forensic Engineering a legitimate sub discipline?   Next in Forum: Hardware's Now a Service

Advertisement