Previous in Forum: Natural Gas Calculation   Next in Forum: Can Tin Coated Copper Wire Be Magnetic?
Close
Close
Close
4 comments
Anonymous Poster

Aluminized Coating

06/24/2007 10:41 AM

I am looking for laumized coating to apply on texte or woven fiber glass.

hbenaddi@hotmail.com

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Anonymous Poster

Re: Aluminized Coating

06/24/2007 12:14 PM

please I am looking for aluminized coating for heat reflective coating. I would like to have product on liquid with viscosity 1000 to 70000 cps. water based preferably.

Guru
Hobbies - Musician - Engineering Fields - Chemical Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Instrumentation Engineering - New Member

Location: Moses Lake, WA, USA, Thulcandra - The Silent Planet (C.S. Lewis)
Good Answers: 194
In reply to #1

06/24/2007 5:57 PM

Hi Guest,

What will be your method of applying the coating? Is the surface you are applying to flat or contoured? There are a lot of topcoats out to which you can add aluminum or some other metal powder that may do this for you.

Some places to start:

• Rohm & Haas
  • Sun Chemical
  • American Inks & Coatings

Happy Googling!

Mike

In reply to #2

06/25/2007 8:06 AM

first thank you very much for your answer, second the surface of the product is flat woven textile.

Guru

Good Answers: 40
In reply to #3

06/25/2007 11:05 AM

For what it's worth, you may do better going "back-to-the-drawing-board", and beginning with a product that's already aluminized. There are many available, including:

http://www.fibreglast.com/showproducts-category-Aluminized+and+Black+Fiberglass-132.html

Also, any material can be aluminumized using the newer arc-melting (as opposed to flame-melting) spray equipment. I had opportunity to use one, once, and as a "test", successfully coated a couple of business cards, in addition to steel.

Good luck with your endeavor.

Reply to Forum Thread 4 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Anonymous Poster (2); Mikerho (1); ndt-tom (1)

Previous in Forum: Natural Gas Calculation   Next in Forum: Can Tin Coated Copper Wire Be Magnetic?

Advertisement