Previous in Forum: Control Valve, Cavitation   Next in Forum: Control Loop Current Measurement
Close
Close
Close
10 comments
Power-User
India - Member - Justin Anto Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - Marks never made me laugh, but good memories did

Good Answers: 3

PT100 Temperature Resistance Chart

04/16/2015 2:12 AM

I have seen a PT100 resistance temperature table. I need to know the corresponding resistance of PT100 sensor at 30 degree celcius.

But here I can see 10 resistance values starts from 0 to 9. So which value I can take as actual value ? What is meant by other values ?

this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Guru

Good Answers: 45

Re: PT100 temperature resistance chart

04/16/2015 3:01 AM

Simple, the chart is additive left to right or subtractive right to left.

take the temp number on the left it's resistance is equal to the "0" column.

Now lets say the temp your wanting is 30C (column 0) resistance is 111.67Ω. Now if the temp you wanted let say 35C That would be 30C plus 5 (column 5) it's resistance is 113.61Ω.

Hope this helps you. Charles

India - Member - Justin Anto Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - Marks never made me laugh, but good memories did

In reply to #1

04/16/2015 4:03 AM

Thank you so much for the help

Good Answers: 182

04/16/2015 3:01 AM

The numbers show the decimals:in the row 30 under 4 it is for you find the resistance at 30.4 °C

Shall I give further explanations or it is enough ?

You should try to think a bit looking at the table values and how the change from a spot to the other.

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 45
In reply to #2

04/16/2015 3:15 AM

Sorry, close, the temp column changes in 10's 30,40,50 so across it's 30,31,32,etc.

The very outside columns show the same base number just to keep/easy to follow across the rows. So if you needed a low number (left) or high number (right) from the base you do not have to line up all the way across.

In reply to #2

04/17/2015 5:46 PM

Sorry nick name the other columns are full digits to get from 30 deg to 40 deg. column 0 = 30 degree resistance, then 31 deg then 32 deg up to 39 deg and then you go one line down to 40 deg, and follow the same sequence.

In reply to #5

04/18/2015 5:20 AM

I saw it. My comment was based on different mathematical tables where the fraction is the column head. Sorry for the wrong indication.

May I also make errors ? In fact it is not very often that I do I hope I shall find your merci.

Register to Reply
Power-User

In reply to #6

04/19/2015 5:33 AM

Sory @nick name I did not mean to offend you or educate you, just meant to set the info right. I do not judge you by a mistake in your answer and realzed that you were refering to a finer 1/10th digit table. Just wanted to make shure the original poster understand that. You postings are always relevant and informative, please accept my appologies if my comment came over as an insult to uour intelegance, it was definately not meant that way.

In reply to #6

04/19/2015 5:47 AM

Nick Name, I see you friend MetalSmiths also pointed out your mistake and that did not offend you. Your comment did something that no one others answer referd to and made the original poster aware of the fact thet one must always look at a graph/ table as a whole to follow and understand the pupose and meaning of the information. Thank you for addressing the oversite.

Safety - Hazmat - New Member United States - US - Statue of Liberty - New Member Engineering Fields - Chemical Engineering - Old Hand

Good Answers: 161
In reply to #6

04/20/2015 2:36 PM

No. You are not allowed to make errors. Do three toe touches, and then spin around three times, and sit at the back of the class.

Of course, you as a human being are "allowed" to make errors. We all do, but the important thing is that all errors are caught before being released upon the public safety.

One might not consider building a bridge with single critical elements an error (if it was 1954), but what if the bridge building entity required double redundant critical components, but the engineer only draws the thing up single? This is an example scenario where the error could be of the highest possible cost.

In reply to #9

04/28/2015 3:28 PM

Thank you to so highly appreciate the answer for a table relating the value of a sensor to its temperature!

It is always good to avoid importance reduction as often done

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 10 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

James Stewart (1); justinanto1987 (1); metalSmiths (2); nick name (3); Oomborrie (3)

Previous in Forum: Control Valve, Cavitation   Next in Forum: Control Loop Current Measurement

Advertisement