Previous in Forum: Another Step Closer to Fusion   Next in Forum: What's Fredski's Take?
Close
Close
Close
8 comments
Guru

Good Answers: 144

Small Packs of White Lithium Grease and Thread Locking Compound

02/06/2016 12:03 PM

Have any of you seen or used either of these in single use form? Im looking to find them in condiment style packages.. A very small one for the thread lock and maybe a mayo packs worth of the white lithium grease. I want to be able to buy them by the case.

Thanks..

this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Guru
Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member Engineering Fields - Piping Design Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 790

Re: Small packs of white lithium grease and thread locking compound.

02/06/2016 12:13 PM

I don't know who makes them, but I have seen both of these in packets even smaller than single-serving ketchup packages. In my case, they came from valve manufacturers as part of the installation kit.

Good Answers: 1794

02/06/2016 12:34 PM

Good Answers: 1682

02/06/2016 12:42 PM
Register to Reply Score 1 for Good Answer
Guru

Good Answers: 1682

02/06/2016 1:01 PM
Guru
Engineering Fields - Power Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 444

Re: Small Packs of White Lithium Grease and Thread Locking Compound

02/06/2016 4:03 PM

Most auto parts stores have them next to the register.

02/07/2016 12:11 AM

If you are to buy in quantity, Loctite 242 medium strength blue can be acquired:
230718 24205 LOCTITE 242 Threadlocker 0.5 ml capsule 100 / case
I could only find at this time smallest white lithium size of 1.5oz. I you need more detailed info concerning these products, just ask.

Guru
Safety - Hazmat - New Member Engineering Fields - Retired Engineers / Mentors - New Member Engineering Fields - Piping Design Engineering - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member Fans of Old Computers - PDP 11 - New Member

Good Answers: 203

02/07/2016 12:21 AM

Most of the single use packages are processed by what are call "TOLL Contractors". Google that for a definition. This is one of several names for contract packagers and manufacturing. This is done because the machinery for filling small packages is expensive, very specialized, specially trained personnel are needed to run it and most companies with other size containers don't have enough business to justify a full manufacturing line for these small "ketchup" packages.

First contact the manufacturers of the products in any size container from small packages to drum sizes. They will tell you if they have the size you want and if you are courteous and friendly they will probably tell you who they know sells the small packages.

If that doesn't work contact tolling manufacturers/packaging companies. Ask them if they package the products. Likewise, be friendly and you can get more information. Google "Toll contractors"; "Packaging Tolling Contractors"; etc. Another source is:

http://www.thomasnet.com/

The more good effort you put into sourcing these the shorter and better you will have the materials in small "ketchup" packages.

Good Luck, Old Salt

Good Answers: 144

02/09/2016 10:32 AM

Good replies.. I've learned there is no one stop shop for my needs, but that's not really news.

Lyn, robot grease is a nice find.. They even do a 4 for $1.40 deal.. current stock issues no be resolved.

I found loctite 24205 is a nice available option too. Thanks SRC.

Id be interested on the price for either by the 100 and 1K and 5K+

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

JE in Chicago (1); lyn (2); old salt (1); RAMConsult (1); SolarEagle (1); SRCastanos (1); Tornado (1)

Previous in Forum: Another Step Closer to Fusion   Next in Forum: What's Fredski's Take?

Advertisement