CR4® - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion®

Previous in Forum: Boiler   Next in Forum: To Pressurize 6063 Aluminum Tubing Or Not
Close
Close
Close
6 comments
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Old New Member

Good Answers: 81

Looking for Free Wall Charts

03/12/2018 12:32 PM

My employer has provided a nice new workshop for our lathe & mill etc. in but the walls are a bit bare. I was searching for some free wall charts, things like speeds & feeds, tapping sizes, materials etc. but I'm not having much luck apart from down-loadable A4 posters which will be a bit lost on the walls. Can anyone suggest some good sources?

this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Guru

Good Answers: 1203

Re: Looking for Free Wall Charts

03/12/2018 1:35 PM

Suppliers like to promote their products with stuff like this, they are your most likely source of free stuff....the good ones you have to pay for....You can get the picture files online and take it to a graphics place for reproduction....

https://www.google.com/search?safe=off&hl=en&biw=1693&bih=975&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=qrimWtevA4XezwLXsbaADg&q=machine+shop+suppliers+wall+charts&oq=machine+shop+suppliers+wall+charts&gs_l=psy-ab.12...96880.100727.0.102881.13.13.0.0.0.0.89.961.13.13.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.0.0....0.Zh6hlE4dnBU#imgrc=_

Good Answers: 133

03/12/2018 1:53 PM

Time was when industrial supply companies gave these away as part of their advertising budget. Now most supply companies that I deal with sell them for a few $US. I also miss the calendars they gave away every year, especially the ones with big boobs and small bikinis (no longer socially correct)

Engineering Fields - Aerospace Engineering - Member United States - Member - Army Vet in the aviation industry

Good Answers: 98
In reply to #2

03/12/2018 11:44 PM

I remember when we got our first female apprentice machinist in the '60's. At least a dozen calendars in a 30 man shop disappeared all on the same day.

I remember it well. The beginning of the end of masculinity.

(In my opinion, of course)

Hooker

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 27
In reply to #4

03/13/2018 2:15 AM

Actually you could of been the progenitor of a new movement at your workplace. As more women move into the industries dominated by men, they have been clamoring for equal this and equal that.

This logic should naturally be extended to all forms of visual forms of art and art forms. If restrooms can become neutral gender and all members of society can have equality, whether you be lgbt x y or z then if the boys can have calendars of dolls then the girls can have calendars of guys.

Of course there will always be somebody who might be offended, but as time and distance prevail, those will soon be few and far between.

A man and a woman unbeknownst to each other can admire Michelangelo's David, yet neither places their hand over the eyes lest the vision of masculine form and formality causes distress.

Register to Reply
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain, and now disconnecting ["brexit" - ugh] as Little England and Wales (not too sure about Wales bit, either). Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 730

03/12/2018 3:14 PM

Well, this <...poster...> can suggest the deployment of an A4->A1 photocopier...

United Kingdom - Member - Old New Member

Good Answers: 81

03/18/2018 6:18 PM

I eventually managed to pick up a couple of posters for a few £s on eBay, 1 drill & tap chart & 1 decimal conversion. Received them Saturday & found that they had included an extra copy of the conversion chart so that's a bonus.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

gringogreg (1); Hooker (1); Nigh (1); PWSlack (1); SolarEagle (1); tonyhemet (1)

Previous in Forum: Boiler   Next in Forum: To Pressurize 6063 Aluminum Tubing Or Not

Advertisement