CR4® - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion®

Previous in Forum: Air Flow in a Vertical Pipe   Next in Forum: What Is an Ozinator and How Does It Work?
Close
Close
Close
12 comments
Participant

Microwave Intensity Meter

04/10/2018 8:37 AM

I am looking for microwave intensity meter for industrial applications. This meter or the sensing probe will be installed in a pipe for water treatment system and should have data transfer capability to a PLC.

I have no luck in surfing for specific type of product and am not familiar how this testing equipment looks like.

Does someone know of this type of measurement equipment or manufacturers from where I can get the details.

Regards

Email Removed: CR4 Admin

Register to Reply
Pathfinder Tags: Microwave Intensity Meter
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain, and now disconnecting ["brexit" - ugh] as Little England and Wales (not too sure about Wales bit, either). Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 731

Re: Syed

04/10/2018 8:49 AM

<...I am looking for...> Actually, the thread is inviting others in the forum to do this on the original poster's behalf. Ordinarily such invitations are declined.

The words <...microwave intensity meter for...water...> are meaningless as water does not ordinarily emit microwaves as an indication of any of its properties. So the purpose of the instrument needs to be stated, and then a Google search (other internet search engines are available) can then be used to locate a (number of) supplier(s) of said equipment.

Posting e-mail addresses runs contrary to the forum Rules of Conduct, which are

over there ----->,

and are routinely removed by the forum Admin; they are easily harvested by spambots, which quickly render them unusable.

United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain, and now disconnecting ["brexit" - ugh] as Little England and Wales (not too sure about Wales bit, either). Kettle's on.

Re: Microwave Intensity Meter

04/10/2018 9:14 AM

Water does not ordinarily emit microwaves as an indication of any of its properties.

Guru
Engineering Fields - Mechanical Engineering - New Member Fans of Old Computers - TRS-80 - New Member Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Safety - Hazmat - New Member Hobbies - Fishing - New Member United States - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 245

04/10/2018 9:28 AM

I believe to measure microwaves, you would be looking for an RF meter.

Try here. If you don't see what you need, refine your search to "RF meters."

Good Answers: 1209

04/10/2018 11:22 AM

If you search for what you are trying to do you will probably have better luck. What are you trying to do - separate chemicals, remove water? Microwave-assisted heavy metal stabilization, pathogen inactivation, wastewater parameter analysis, wastewater treatment polymers synthesis?

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/10643380903392767?src=recsys

Microwave Assisted water treatment systems

Good Answers: 1618

04/10/2018 12:12 PM

Talk to these people.

RF Probe | 26, 40, 50, 67 & 110GHz‎

CompanyT Plus Co.Ltd.
Headquarters3-3-69 Misaki, Funabashi, Chiba 2740812 Japan
CEOToshi Ohi (大井雅俊)
Capital(JPY)8,800,000
FoundedJuly 11th, 2014
Main BusinessRF Probing solution
Measurement service (S Parameter / TDR)
EM Simulation service
Register to Reply
Guru
New Zealand - Member - Kiwi Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Engineering Fields - Power Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 359

04/10/2018 3:29 PM

Is this flow measurement, level measurement or is your fluid emitting microwave radiation?

Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - Been there, done that, still doing it. Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 800

04/10/2018 3:42 PM

If the RF equipment is tuned to the "correct" frequency (2.45 GHz) then most of the power will be absorbed by water and turned into heat. This is how a microwave oven works. I presume how hot the water gets is how it becomes sanitized. If I am correct then a thermal probe in the water maybe a better choice than measuring either the forward, or reverse RF power going to or reflected from this water.

In reply to #7

04/10/2018 3:50 PM

<...If...>

The forum doesn't know, though, as the Original Poster seems to have evaporated.

Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - Been there, done that, still doing it. Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 800
In reply to #8

04/10/2018 4:17 PM

They may only be sleeping right now. Give them some time to respond.

In reply to #9

04/11/2018 2:40 AM

Roger, that.

Location: Houston the Emerald City that would be Oz, TX serving art collectors and patrons worldwide
Good Answers: 4
In reply to #10

04/11/2018 11:47 AM

What's wrong with you? Don't you know we live and work in the 24-7-365 21stC where eating, sleeping and sex is superfluous?

In reply to #11

04/12/2018 2:43 AM

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

jack of all trades (1); JPool (1); lyn (1); PWSlack (5); redfred (2); SolarEagle (1); Stephen Archer (1)

Previous in Forum: Air Flow in a Vertical Pipe   Next in Forum: What Is an Ozinator and How Does It Work?

Advertisement