Previous in Forum: Fluke 435 II Power Quality Analyzer   Next in Forum: Bernard Controls Intelli+ Actuators
Close
Close
Close
4 comments
Power-User

Good Answers: 2

A Problem Related to WinCC

11/09/2018 3:50 PM

Hi everyone here,
I'm facing a minor problem related to the WinCC Scada system which controls some desalination unit,.. The operators intended to print out some online screens (on A4 paper) shown on the dual monitor, but the printed paper has come out very small and located at the upper side of the page (to be more exact, it's shown as one fifth of the A4 paper),.. I've checked the printer properties, I've made sure that the standard size of the page is "A4", and then printed two separate pages of "word" and "excel" documents respectively,.. and they both are Ok,.. This way I've ensured that the problem doesn't lie in the printer itself,, but rather in the WinCC,.... so any suggestions/ideas over this issue??

ــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ

You can "subscribe" to this discussion to be notified of new comments.
Click on the Subscribe menu at the top of the page.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Guru

Good Answers: 1668

Re: A Problem Related to WinCC

11/09/2018 4:14 PM
Hobbies - DIY Welding - Don't Know What Made The Old Title Attractive... Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member United States - US - Statue of Liberty - 60 Year Member

Good Answers: 282
In reply to #1

11/09/2018 6:35 PM

I had a similar trouble and used this workaround. A little clumsy, but not terrible.

Open MSWord and open a blank document. Set to landscape, and I set the margins to 1/2” all around. Return to your display and take a screenshot. Switch to Word and paste there. Menu Edit Picture, and select ‘Crop’ function. The image should be both monitors, edit the picture width - this will trim the right side of the image, so remove the entire right side monitor. Resize the pic by dragging the bottom RH corner until it fills the page. Print that rascal, halfway done.

Return to your display and switch the screens - left monitor, drag to the right, original right monitor now dragged to left monitor. Now screenshot, go to Word, delete the first image (confirm it printed), paste, and repeat the first steps.

I tried 180 degree rotation, that didn’t work, tried to mirror, nope. There is likely a better way, but if you need to have a hard copy right now, this should work.

Australia - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 249
In reply to #2

11/10/2018 4:35 AM

If you have LH and RH screen in the copy/paste, the paste twice.

Crop first for LH screen and second for LH screen.

To the OP, There is probably an output options screen that is set to A1 or similar.

Hobbies - Musician - Engineering Fields - Chemical Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Instrumentation Engineering - New Member

Location: Moses Lake, WA, USA, Thulcandra - The Silent Planet (C.S. Lewis)
Good Answers: 194

11/15/2018 2:06 AM

You could use Windows' Snipping Tool, save the image, and open with a graphic bitmap editing program like Corel PhotoPaint or GIMP. Using the Print function, choose the "Layout" tab, select "Fit to Page", and print.

Interested in this discussion?
You can "subscribe" to this discussion to be notified of new comments.
Click on the Subscribe menu at the top of the page.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Doorman (1); Just an Engineer (1); Mikerho (1); SolarEagle (1)

Previous in Forum: Fluke 435 II Power Quality Analyzer   Next in Forum: Bernard Controls Intelli+ Actuators

Advertisement