Previous in Forum: Seeking light, small GPS tracker for flying fox study   Next in Forum: Green Laser
Close
Close
Close
6 comments
Guru

Good Answers: 7

Mobile phone stick on aerial?????

10/14/2007 3:34 PM

Hi guys,

Wondered of any of you ever heard of these tiny little things they now sell on e-bay. Do they work?

If so how do they work?

Does this increase the amount of bs danger they all warn us about?

Just something to ponder over, not important but interesting anyhows.

Get Yourself The Newest Latest...and Bestest

>>> Mobile Phone Signal Booster <<<

Generation X (or 10)

These work with All types of mobile phone...and they`re real easy to apply! Just stick to the inside of your phone....either underneath where the battery sits, or directly onto the back of the battery...it really is that simple!

Register to Reply
Pathfinder Tags: aerial boost mobile phones signal
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru
Popular Science - Biology - New Member Hobbies - Musician - New Member APIX Pilot Plant Design Project - Member - New Member Hobbies - CNC - New Member Fans of Old Computers - ZX-81 - New Member

Good Answers: 97

Re: mobile phone stick on aerial?????

10/14/2007 5:41 PM

I am not sure (not electronic) but I don't think adding a second areal will help. what maybe is done is that the "earth" part of the dipole antenna is increased.

Modifying the hand set in any way might void the guarantee.

All hand sets are now made with aerial connections in the contact terminal. This is done for car hands free cradles. plugging an areal onto there may be a neater solution.

Hobbies - HAM Radio - New Member United Kingdom - Big Ben - New Member Fans of Old Computers - Altair 8800 - New Member Canada - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 119

10/15/2007 8:57 AM

I think this might have some effect by increasing the ground plane so you use less power in the handshake communications. It might extend the range in distant areas??

Others think not?

http://cellphones.about.com/od/thecellularfaq/f/cf_antenna_boos.htm

lots of comments here

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=%22cell+phone+antenna%22+%2Bbooster&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

United Kingdom - Member - Olde Member!! Engineering Fields - Instrumentation Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 45

10/15/2007 9:21 AM

I bought a couple of these from ebay to have a look at them, I didn't have a mobile phone back then so it was purely out of interest.

The metallic pattern on the self adhesive film looks like it could well be a type of filter at these high frequencies (1800MHz) But sticking one on the back of the phone and expecting it to increase the gain of the phones recieve and transmit circuits is, in my opinion, a load of BS...!!

John.

Good Answers: 245

Re: Mobile phone stick on aerial?????

10/15/2007 9:43 AM
Hobbies - HAM Radio - New Member United Kingdom - Big Ben - New Member Fans of Old Computers - Altair 8800 - New Member Canada - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 119
In reply to #4

10/15/2007 10:23 AM

they are very cheap to make and very profitable = scam.

the only aspect noted by the experts was the possibility of some directionality, which would need you to orient the phone as you spok for max gain, and then not move.??

Good Answers: 7

10/15/2007 1:05 PM

"Booster stickers will not work, and worse, may cause harmful interference.

The 'antenna booster' stickers that have been predominately advertised as a cell phone accessory that 'will improve your signal' and as one manufacturer has claimed 'gives you the equivalent of an 11 foot antenna,' certainly look like they have the same kind of technology used in modern cell phone antennas, and that may or may not be true. A longer antenna does not give you better reception when compared to one exactly tuned to the frequency you are trying to receive, and since it [the antenna booster sticker] isn't electrically connected to the radio inside your phone then it shouldn't matter anyway.

Thanks guys, that explains that one. Just so you know, I did not buy one, somebody who is bidding on my items in e-bay has bought several and I only noticed as I was checking out his feedback.

Why am I explaining this to you?...Do I feel guilty or something?

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 6 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

aurizon (2); Blink (1); case491 (1); Electroman (1); Hendrik (1)

Previous in Forum: Seeking light, small GPS tracker for flying fox study   Next in Forum: Green Laser

Advertisement