Previous in Forum: Identical Orbit   Next in Forum: Precision Pressure Sensors for Aerospace and Industrial Applications
Close
Close
Close
7 comments

Pressure Sensors/Transducers -Aerospace/Industrial

01/06/2008 12:29 AM

This is a challenge.

Does anyone out there know of a Pressure Sensor supplier for Aerospace and Industrial applications who can deliver sensors quicker than Spectre Sensors? They can deliver the majority of their product line in 48 hours ARO at a lower cost than their competitors.

I am a consultant and Instrumentation Engineer and have dealt with Spectre Sensors. They supply rugged precision pressure sensors for the oil and gas field, Aerospace, and Industrial production industries quicker than any other supplier I have dealt with. That is why I am their sales engineering representative for Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, and Hawaii.

MorelConsultingand SalesLLC.com

this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Commentator

Good Answers: 3

Re: Pressure Sensors/Transducers -Aerospace/Industrial

01/06/2008 10:42 PM

Is this a question, or the misuse of the forum to advertise your wares?

In reply to #1

01/07/2008 12:32 PM

Dear Lieros,

You have a valid question and I do not take offense to the accusation of simply a sneaky method of inserting an advertisement into a discussion forum.

My "challenge" was a truly a question to evaluate the validity of what I have been promised by the sensor company that I have chosen to represent as a Sales Engineer for the Southwest region of the United States. I must believe and trust a product line that I represent. I am a responsible professional Instrumentation and Data Acquisitions Systems design engineer with over 25 years of diversified experience and knowledge. I started my own consulting and sales company in the Fall of 2007 after working in the Military and Aerospace field for over 40 years with extensive travel as a requirement. I simply want to do what I choose to do from primarily a home-based environment without a requirement for frequent travel and lengthy stays at the work locale. I feel that I have a great deal of knowledge to share stemming form my experience and challenges with sensor selection, diversified data acquisition systems design and unique measurement applications involvement.

Thank you for your question,

Robert

Canada - Member - Toronto, Ontario (South Parkdale On The Lakeshore) Engineering Fields - Marine Engineering - Great Lakes School Of Marine Technology (Owen Sound and Port Colbourne) Technical Fields - Architecture - Private Practice 1976-1990 Technical Fields - Education - Toronto Teachers' College 1971 Technical Fields - Marketing/Advertising - Founding Member Hobbies - Hunting - Founding Member Hobbies - Target Shooting - Founding Member

Good Answers: 14

01/07/2008 4:17 AM

Hi, morel-c-and-s!

Well, I haven't ever seen a blog like yours up until now, except in the "What do you do" stuff that went on a few months back, in which many CR4 bloggers got to tell us about their interests and fields of endeavour.

What I find interesting and admirable is your apparent commitment to quality service delivery rather than remuneration, challenge, or innovative opportunities (or even the comaprative quality of their product line) as your raison d'etre for choosing Spectre as your employer.

I realize that you are likely into either applications or logistics rather than the development side of the business.

CR4 had a thread awhile back about the quality of engineers being hired to fill jobs out of school nowadays as compared to the more innovative and broad-knowledge-based engineers of 15 or 20 years ago when specialization hadn't been quite so demanding on the schooling process.

If your side of the Pressure Sensor business has to do with applications, and you aware of the progress of the Pressure Sensor industry in general, how do you find the quality of the developmental side of engineering in the comparative and singular pressure sensor industries? Is it as progressive and fast--in general-- as the well-running delivery component you have emphasized?

If you're into applications, I wouldn't mind reading your blogs on the industry and some of its product developments/research/problems/solutions/directions from an engineer's point of view, if you'd be willing to write them from time to time. Perhaps something a little more engineer-y that I can share with you, since I haven't considered doing a comparative rating of the industry's delivery speed.

If your field is logistics rather than applications, I'd be keenly interested to learn how you have streamlined the delivery process to be quicker than all other suppliers in the industry (that you have knowledge of ); and the logistical components you employ, along with the technical concepts that led to their implementation so that I might adapt them in future for my own purposes if the opportunity ever arises.

All the best,

Mark

In reply to #2

01/07/2008 1:55 PM

Hello Mark,

I appreciate and respect your comments and it is obvious that you see my entry for what it is. It is not simply a commercial advertisement. I agree that it was slightly unorthodox.

My primary employment is my own consulting and sales company with carefully selected Instrumentation and Data Acquisition product lines to represent.

My "challenge" posed was a truly a probe to evaluate the validity of what I have been promised by the sensor company that I have tentatively chosen to represent as a Sales Engineer for the Southwest region of the United States. As you can appreciate I must believe and trust a product line that I represent. My name and integrity are at sake. I am a responsible professional who has performed as an Aerospace, Ballistics Test, Instrumentation, Data Acquisitions Systems design and U.S. Air Force R & D and Radio Communications engineer with over 40 years of diversified experience with an advanced level of formal education and tribal knowledge.

I started my own consulting and sales company in the Fall of 2007 after completing my last work assignment as a project Engineer for The Boeing Co. on the Airborne Laser Program. I was on travel 90% of the time . I simply want to do what I choose to do from primarily a home-based environment without a requirement for frequent travel with lengthy stays at the work locales. I feel that I have a great deal of knowledge to share stemming from my experience and challenges presented in sensor selection, diversified data acquisition systems design and unique measurement applications involvements.

My involvement with the sensors company, based on my background, is intended to be primarily as a sales and applications engineer. If requested and appreciated I will provide value added design improvement recommendations.

I look forward to future forum discussions with you and other professionals.

Respectfully,

Robert

Canada - Member - Toronto, Ontario (South Parkdale On The Lakeshore) Engineering Fields - Marine Engineering - Great Lakes School Of Marine Technology (Owen Sound and Port Colbourne) Technical Fields - Architecture - Private Practice 1976-1990 Technical Fields - Education - Toronto Teachers' College 1971 Technical Fields - Marketing/Advertising - Founding Member Hobbies - Hunting - Founding Member Hobbies - Target Shooting - Founding Member

Good Answers: 14
In reply to #4

01/07/2008 2:17 PM

Morel-c-and-s

Is the company making the claim that they ship more quickly than anyone else, or have they hired you to determine their delivery speed's standing in the industry?

If the former, then surely it is they who must provide the data to substantiate the claim, or be guilty of false advertising and lose your services, since delivery speed is what you are depending upon to maintain your good name in the industry.

If the latter, I suggest you ask your clientele for the information during friendly sales meetings, since it is they who will know how quickly--and how well-- other suppliers have serviced them in the past and can probably offer you a good comparison evaluation between your competitors' and your current employer's service records.

Mark

In reply to #5

01/07/2008 2:41 PM

Mark,

Thanks for reading my verbose career narrative.

I will get data to substantiate the 24 to 48 hour product delivery claim from Spectre before I make any expedient delivery promises to prospective clients.

Respectfully,

Robert

01/07/2008 4:49 PM

usabluebook.com

Reply to Forum Thread 7 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Anonymous Poster (1); Lleros MaHarg (1); MarkTheHandyman (2); morel-c-and-s (3)

Previous in Forum: Identical Orbit   Next in Forum: Precision Pressure Sensors for Aerospace and Industrial Applications

Advertisement