Previous in Forum: Instrument air pressure regulators...   Next in Forum: diesel fuel BY products
Close
Close
Close
6 comments
Anonymous Poster

Abstract for Project in Biomedical Physics

05/07/2008 4:12 AM

can i submit the abstract of my project work "model eye for ophthalmic use"- a project work done in dept. of biomedical physics of university of aberdeen, U.K.

mail id :u05ac8@abdn.ac.uk

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru
Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member United Kingdom - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 663

Re: subitting an abstact of "model eye for ophthalmic use"

05/07/2008 6:33 AM

I'd be interested ...is it a 3d cad model, or a physical model?
I've worked on designing tonometers..we used Pig eyes for testing...
We used to get half a dozen at a time from the abatoir...(to see us through the week )

Del

Technical Fields - Architecture - New Member Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Electromechanical Engineering - New Member Hobbies - Fishing - New Member Hobbies - Target Shooting - New Member Hobbies - Hunting - New Member

Good Answers: 18
In reply to #1

05/07/2008 8:23 AM

Interesting!

I once worked on a project to make a vibrating knife for eye surgery. The students practiced on cows' eyes.

When we delivered the vibrating knife and the teaching surgeon used it for the first time, it resulted in a TFU (you won't find this acronym in any list I've ever seen, but it nonetheless is the term he used. hint: the "T" stands for "terminal.")

Good Answers: 143
In reply to #1

05/07/2008 8:50 PM

I used to work just down the hall from an Opthamology Dept, and they got ox eyes (maybe a couple dozen at a time from some kind of knacker) in small styrofoam drums that somewhat resembled an ice bucket. So, one day I'm checking in my UPS packages when the bigshot Vice-President of Development comes waltzing through with some potential donors. And, she's really putting on a show-and-tell performance when, for some unknown reason, she reaches over and opens a just-arrived drum and screams. And the guests don't know what just happened (they can't see the eyeballs) and she's afraid to tell them. But, she was good - she changed gears and got them the heck outta there.

United States - Member - New Member Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member Popular Science - Weaponology - Organizer Hobbies - Target Shooting - New Member Engineering Fields - Nuclear Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 33

05/07/2008 8:44 AM

Hello Guest,

I've contacted you at the email address that you provided. We may be able to help you with this.

Moose

Guru

Good Answers: 70

Re: Abstract for Project in Biomedical Physics

05/08/2008 9:00 AM

I'm curious. The responses all seem to assume that this model eye simulates the biology of the eye, something you can cut up. The ISO already has a 'eye model' (ISO-11979-2) for use in evaluating ophthalmic devices such as implantable lenses, but this model is only marginally similar to an actual eye. Is your's a model for the optical properties of the eye, the physiological/anatomical, or are you on some other track?

Guru
United States - Member - New Member Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member Popular Science - Weaponology - Organizer Hobbies - Target Shooting - New Member Engineering Fields - Nuclear Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 33
In reply to #5

Re: Abstract for Project in Biomedical Physics

05/08/2008 9:06 AM

Hello, johnfotl. I've invited the Guest to register with CR4 and possibly post his abstract in our "Biomedical Engineering" blog. I'll let you know if this happens.

Reply to Forum Thread 6 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Bill (1); Del the cat (1); johnfotl (1); Steve Melito (2); TVP45 (1)

Previous in Forum: Instrument air pressure regulators...   Next in Forum: diesel fuel BY products

Advertisement