Previous in Forum: Sizing a Vapor Extraction Fan   Next in Forum: Converting a Detroit Diesel Engine to Biodiesel
Close
Close
Close
6 comments
Commentator

Best Material for a Natural Gas Line

03/26/2009 3:50 PM

please help in specifing the best material for natural gas line 4 inch with 7 bar

used to be fuel of the boiler

also,please advice if this line is underground and i will get it above ground and put it in a 8 inch pipe for road crossing and then put sands on the big pipe?

is it safe or there is some thing better

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Power-User

Good Answers: 51

Re: Best Material for a Natural Gas Line

03/27/2009 2:27 AM

You should be fine with A53 or A106 pipe, unless you have some really foul gas.

Are you designing to a code? ASME, NFPA 54, .........?

I don't understand what you are asking regarding the routing of your pipe, and even then, can not answer without knowing more details (soil conditions, loadings, etc ...). If it is not too inconvenient, it may be best to keep the pipe above ground as the external corrosion protection may be easier, also monitoring/repairing would be easier, and then you don't have those pesky hidden lines underground when you have to dig.

Good Answers: 51
In reply to #1

03/27/2009 3:02 AM

....... oh yeah, and what is your MDMT?

Good Answers: 4

03/27/2009 3:21 AM

usually a carbon steel is enough for a natural gas.. if there is no water (condensing)inside the pipe..

S

corrosion prevention

Register to Reply
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain. Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 822

03/27/2009 4:13 AM

Plastics are now used throughout the distribution network in the UK. They need to be buried.

Good Answers: 19
In reply to #4

03/28/2009 2:00 AM

Any news of Spiky?

Good Answers: 19

03/28/2009 1:58 AM

You should be fine with A53 or A106 pipe, unless you have some really foul gas

AS XMECH said. We use this in Pakistan . The Gas Company too is using this. But now also laying underground mains with flexible Dadex T-flex pipes manufactured from polyethylene (PE) compound because they have excellent abrasion resistence, superb impact resistance, and extra ordinary toughness. These pipes are resistant to a broad range of corrosive chemicals, they do not support biological growth, and resist the adherence of scale deposits.They have an agreement with the manufacturer for exclusive selling rights (monopoly) and the manufacturer Dadex cannot sell to anybody except them only. hence we use Ms pipes of above grades after the Gas meter room.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

ducon (2); PWSlack (1); strider6 (1); XMech (2)

Previous in Forum: Sizing a Vapor Extraction Fan   Next in Forum: Converting a Detroit Diesel Engine to Biodiesel

Advertisement