Previous in Forum: Brushless DC Motor Distributor (Regen Controller)   Next in Forum: De-Rating Factor for Cable
Close
Close
Close
24 comments
Anonymous Poster

Electrical design project sample presentation

11/02/2009 10:49 PM

hi to all,

I am electrial design engineer.I want to start one residential project.I want to make one project presentation for futur reference.Anyone can send me the sample presentation for any electrial design project and final report also.And please explain the procedure how to give the presentation.

Awaiting for your reply.

Thanks and regards,

Maddy.

Hyderabad

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Guru
Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member Engineering Fields - Piping Design Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 781

Re: Electrical design project sample presentation

11/02/2009 11:10 PM

Have spreadsheet program and copy of electrical code; will travel. US$ 75/hr, 50 hr minimum in advance, plus expenses. Letter of credit acceptable.

Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - Been there, done that. Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 937
In reply to #1

11/03/2009 12:18 AM

Nice and succinct. GA

Good Answers: 1662
In reply to #1

11/03/2009 4:08 AM

"send me the sample presentation for any electrial design project and final report also.And please explain the procedure how to give the presentation."

How can you put a price on something that is "priceless"?

Anonymous Poster
In reply to #1

11/03/2009 4:11 AM

Travelling time included in rate or it is FOB point of receipt? .

May I book the ship via suez - just by side of Somalia. Please sent acceptance by return mail.

All other conditions and rates acceptable if agreed to above.

Guru
Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member Engineering Fields - Piping Design Engineering - New Member

In reply to #9

11/03/2009 4:43 AM

Damn shysters, but what the hey? Travel time goes on the clock, of course, and I'll take the risk of the slow boat around Somalia! Show me the money! (In vested, nonrefundable form.) I could get a world cruise out of this!

Good Answers: 1662
In reply to #10

11/03/2009 4:50 AM

Just remember, Maddy, of Hyderabad, never said anything about paying for, "the sample presentation for any electrial design project and final report also.And please explain the procedure how to give the presentation."

Have money in hand prior to booking cruise!

Personally, I'd rather go help mrhorsepower build his gate for free.

Cheers!

Guru

In reply to #11

11/03/2009 5:38 AM

Well, he may not have said anything about paying, but I did--I think. I'm no lawyer, but I hope I have covered the basics. No contract is signed yet, so I don't need to rush in renewing my passport. (Hell, I can always beg off for lack therof.)

11/02/2009 11:57 PM

Since you are already aware of the details and requirement of the Project include vital information like incoming feeder lines,transformers involved and other valid electrical codes which needs to be understood by the client.The report needs to be made in excel format. As a electrical Engineer u can make a feasibility report on using solar heaters for the project as it will save electricity and the project can be termed as a green project.

Reply Score 1 for Good Answer
Power-User
Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - Hentoyk Philippines - Member - BRUTUS Saudi Arabia - Member - Brutus United Arab Emirates - Member - Brutus

Good Answers: 2

11/03/2009 12:38 AM

Determine first your connected loads such as lights, power receptacles, heaters, electric oven, refrigerator unit, AC unit, etc. spread you loads in various circuits with the dedicated circuit breaker on the panel board. When the net load is computed you can determine the size of main feeders and transformer, but consider the voltage drop to be maximized at 5% of supply voltage from the main MDB to the farthest point of circuit. Include in your feasibility an option of standby power just incase commercial power outage may occur at any moment. Solar genset is most recommneded nowadays since no noise and maintenance free. Prepare your presentation on spread sheet excel format or power point. Most of all the concept design/s must be within the scope of latest edition of applicable electrical codes.(NFPA 70,NEC etc)

Dont miss to balance the load distribution on each phase(3-phase supply for example).Most local power at residential is already at low voltage provided by the power company normally 127/220V, 115/230V. In entire middle east countries is 127/220V (residential) ; 380/220V (military sites)

Hobbies - Musician - Tube Amps Only Please!

Good Answers: 1

11/03/2009 2:54 AM

Use power point for the presentation. The project is whatever interests you do not make it to complex though.

United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain. Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 819
In reply to #5

11/03/2009 3:14 AM

Powerpoint <yawn>?

11/03/2009 3:59 AM

PowerPoint has its place, but let me recommend Edward Tufte's pamphlet-length paper, "The Cognitive Deficiencies of PowerPoint" for some hilarious (and at least one tragic) downfalls. And contrasted with some excellent tabular and graphic presentations of data. The PP auto-generated graph of "Fourscore and seven years ago" was a total crack-up!

Safety - ESD - New Member India - Member - New Member Engineering Fields - Energy Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 41

11/03/2009 7:18 AM

Hi Maddy,

Please understand that this is a forum where members are supposed to discuss and share the knowledge and experience. If you want to do a project you will have to work hard and make a draft project report. Then you will come across many difficulties. In such cross roads you may approach for solving those problems. Members will come forward and give lot of healp. How can you expect that some one will spend so much of time and energy to spoon feed you for a project report for which you do not have any idea. So please revert back with more specified questions.

Regards

Power-User
Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - Hentoyk Philippines - Member - BRUTUS Saudi Arabia - Member - Brutus United Arab Emirates - Member - Brutus

11/03/2009 7:50 AM

Yes I agree V.I. Abraham or you can tell to your countrymen to go back to school and advise his professor to do more research materials so that graduates are well equipep with theory and practical application. Short circuit fault calculation is taught in 3rd year level in elect. engineering... may be he was absent during the session.

In reply to #14

11/03/2009 8:45 AM

That is his college project.

Have you heard of any one doing a powerpoint presentation without first compiling reams of paper and submitting to various agencies for approval?

I havn't.

Guru
Safety - ESD - New Member India - Member - New Member Engineering Fields - Energy Engineering - New Member

In reply to #14

11/04/2009 9:09 AM

Hi hentoyk,

India is such a large country with so many states, with number of Engineering colleges and universities providing education and the quality of teaching may not be same every where. ( There are nearly 3570 Engineering colleges all over India)

[Andhra Pradesh whose capital is Hyderabad has 431 Engineering colleges,

Maharashtra 556

Karnataka 485

A small state like Kerala has 117 Engineering Colleges]

There are Institutes of highest standard getting out the best lot of Engineers internationally recognised like Indian Institute of Technology ,Regional Engineering colleges , State run Colleges , Deemed Universities and so on. There are some upcoming colleges in Rural area which take some time to develop. The students who pass out during the first few years may suffer from lack of facilities. But in my experience those students after joining the work pick up their job very fast, after we provide initial induction training. Their theoretical background is very good and have high degree of IQ . They only need proper guidance. Another worst trend in the engineering field is that the best lot of students are picked up through campus interviews by software companies and large industrial companies. So the small engineering companies have to get satisfied with the remaining lot but their work demand is so high that they have to put the raw hands directly on work after recruitment. These engineers struggle to cope up with the new work with out guidance. That is is the reason why some of them come to this or similar site for help. The actual problem is they are clue less as where to start. Let us help them and do not scare them away.

Guru
Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - Been there, done that. Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 937
In reply to #18

11/04/2009 9:37 AM

Hello V.I.Abraham,

I believe you are doing your countrymen a great disservice. The green engineer problem is a universal problem that spans many disciplines and borders. Any degree does not guarantee qualification of an individual in any discipline. The degree only qualifies a formal book training in the chosen field. Experience only comes from surviving the transition from being a student. Getting rebuked for asking the wrong questions in a public forum, is just part of this novice engineer's learning process.

In reply to #19

11/04/2009 2:42 PM

Dear redfred,

I do agree with you .It is not only my country man, every engineer any where in the world has to work very hard to become true engineer. A degree is only a passport to get a job and experience come the hard way. You may have seen my earlier reply to the initiator of the this thread. He was asked to to work hard to modify or give further explanation to his thread. What I told is that we should not drive these new comers away from this forum. In my forty years of my engineering carrier I did recruit and trained many fresh engineers from various engineering colleges in India and today I can boldly say they are very good engineers. It is real experience and no story. I knew they could perform with their knowledge and talent.Today they are performing . Experience with sound basic knowledge is essential for any one to become a successful engineer.

Anonymous Poster
In reply to #18

11/11/2009 1:04 PM

Dear sir,

It's really heartening & encouraging to see a knowledgeable,40 odd years experienced person here,especially from India,trying his best to make this forum worthy.......thanking you!

Anonymous Poster

11/03/2009 8:47 AM

Tornado: your money is transferred to NBS (Notional Bank of Somalia)

Now you can start your journey. Your ticket (on the Oil tanker) is on the way. It was difficult to get a passenger ticket in it but then I did manage.

Guru

In reply to #16

12/09/2009 5:30 AM

I have worked crab fishing boats on the Bering Sea in winter. I don't give a hoot what dopey tub I have to sail on. I will easily make great friends with the crew, even if they are Somalian pirates. My proposed terms already account for a lengthy voyage (in that respect, the longer the better, so long as the food and water don't run out). Well, yeah, I might need to negotiate for the installation of a distilling plant. Big deal. Everything is still up in the air until signing time.

New Zealand - Member - Kiwi Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Engineering Fields - Power Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 376

11/03/2009 2:05 PM

Whether this is a course project or an industrial job, unless you are working by yourself you should have access to the resources necessary to guide you (such as lecturers, class notes or experienced design engineers, management, previous similar jobs done by company, etc). It seems unlikely that you have just been 'thrown in the deep end' and given a project of this scale without even the most basic assistance (which is what you are effectively asking for also).

Please provide more information.

11/05/2009 3:16 AM

Yes I agree V.I. Abraham.The real scenario is that...experience is the best teacher.

12/09/2009 4:53 AM

homework question....

Did you study via Fax machine ???A electrical Design Engineer asks this question.....hmmmmm

Reply to Forum Thread 24 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Anonymous Poster (4); hentoyk (3); jack of all trades (1); lyn (2); maveric_manic (1); porky2009 (1); PWSlack (1); redfred (2); sachinp (1); Tornado (5); V.I.Abraham (3)

Previous in Forum: Brushless DC Motor Distributor (Regen Controller)   Next in Forum: De-Rating Factor for Cable

Advertisement