Previous in Forum: Bioenergy in the Sunshine state   Next in Forum: Desperate Housewives
Close
Close
Close
2 comments
The Engineer
Engineering Fields - Engineering Physics - Physics... United States - Member - NY Popular Science - Genetics - Organic Chemistry... Popular Science - Cosmology - New Member Ingeniería en Español - Nuevo Miembro - New Member

Good Answers: 129

Adult stem cells grown from nose cells

03/24/2005 9:57 AM

Here is an interesting article. Australian scientists have grown adult stem cells harvested from the human nose, avoiding the ethical and legal problems associated with embryonic stem cells. The Catholic Church, which views the use of embryonic stem cells as a form of destruction of human life, helped fund the research through a A$50,000 ($39,500 USD) grant, which was approved by Sydney's Catholic Archbishop George Pell.

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
The Architect
Engineering Fields - Software Engineering - S/W Architect Popular Science - Evolution - Fascinating! Fans of Old Computers - TRS-80 - A fine computer United States - US - Statue of Liberty - NY

Good Answers: 5

A good attitude

03/25/2005 8:52 AM

That's cool. I have no idea if adult stem cells are as medically "useful" as embryonic stem cells (I suspect not), but I appreciate the effort.

United States - Member - New Member Fans of Old Computers - PDP 11 - New Member Hobbies - HAM Radio - New Member

Good Answers: 8
In reply to #1

Re:A good attitude

03/28/2005 1:30 PM

Somehow this puts me in mind of the Woody Allen movie Sleeper where they tried to clone the Leader from his nose :^)

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 2 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Previous in Forum: Bioenergy in the Sunshine state   Next in Forum: Desperate Housewives
You might be interested in: Photovoltaic Cells, Fuel Cells, Load Cells

Advertisement