Previous in Forum: why i can not view my own company's info.   Next in Forum: DIY Steam Generator
Close
Close
Close
3 comments
Commentator

Good Answers: 3

Doyle Rotary Video

08/15/2010 10:57 PM

We would like to let those that have been following our progress know that despite our lack of updates, we have been working on the engine and the next video. However, the real world has been absorbing much of our time.

I just posted a preview of the next video on youtube. The final video will include that segment and other sections about the advantages of the engine. I hope to have the final video up within two weeks. Please send comments or suggestions about the video ASAP so that we can fix any portions before posting the final video.

As for the prototype, the cylinder sleeves have been cut to length and honed and are ready to install into the cylinder block. The cylinder block needs oil passages cut and then all of the holes need to be tapped. We have put 10 hours into the crankshaft and still have approximately 20 to go. At our current rate we are still looking at the prototype being finished at the start of next year.

In the next months some of our time will be spent preparing a presentation and booth for the 2010 SAE Powertrains, Fuels and Lubricants Congress in San Diego. We plan to have a booth showing of the engine. We will be building some miniature models and cutaways to allow hands-on demonstrations of how the engine works. If anyone has experience with these shows and/or arranging demonstrative booths, we would really appreciate your advice.

Adam

Register to Reply
Pathfinder Tags: doyle rotary
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru
Hobbies - Musician - Engineering Fields - Chemical Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Instrumentation Engineering - New Member

Location: Moses Lake, WA, USA, Thulcandra - The Silent Planet (C.S. Lewis)
Good Answers: 194

Re: Doyle Rotary Video

08/16/2010 12:28 AM

Hello ADoyle88,

I'm not an ME, but after watching the video, I am impressed with your thought and design. Good luck with your endeavour!

Mike

Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member Engineering Fields - Piping Design Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 781

08/16/2010 1:21 AM

My audio is dead right now, but this worked well as a pure visual. Great job!

I am not experienced enough to evaluate the overall concept, except to say that it seems sensible as well as intriguing. The proof of the pudding will lie in the dynamometer testing, when you get to that point. As with others, I am rooting for your success with this project. Thanks for the ongoing updates.

Canada - Member - Specialized in power electronics

Good Answers: 80

08/17/2010 10:42 AM

I am just an electrical guy so take my observation with a grain of salt.

I wonder if you are not going to run into thermal issues with one row getting the cold air intake and explosion being cooler than the other row doing the motoring and exhaust. What will keep them running at similar temperature?

Good luck.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

marcot (1); Mikerho (1); Tornado (1)

Previous in Forum: why i can not view my own company's info.   Next in Forum: DIY Steam Generator

Advertisement