Close
Close
Close
18 comments
Power-User
Spain - Member - New Member

Comedian Kills a Ferrari Enzo

03/27/2007 1:27 PM

Sigh...comedian Eddie Griffin, star of Undercover Brother, crashed a Ferrari Enzo yesterday on a racetrack in Irwindale, California. While Griffin was unharmed, the Enzo was totalled. Well, there were originally 400 Enzo's, and a number have already met their demise at the hands of a video game entrepreneur, five dallas teens, and a Russian Billionaire...

Is there any way to get the Ferrari Enzo declared an endangered species?

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Friend of CR4

Good Answers: 35

Re: Comedian Kills a Ferrari Enzo

03/27/2007 4:32 PM

And here's the video (after a 30 second commercial from Yahoo!). Enjoy!

Engineering Fields - Manufacturing Engineering - United Kingdom - Member - Get things done!

Good Answers: 3
In reply to #1

03/28/2007 5:11 AM

What a great teaching video! I have never seen such a perfect example of under-steer. When driving a mid engine sports car, always remember, slow in, fast out. Particularly in the slower corners, as you will have NO down force. Anyway, I'd much rather see a car like this being driven with spirit, rather than gathering dust in a museum. After all, what was made to do?

United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain. Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 822

03/28/2007 3:51 AM

Why not?

Like this, perhaps?

03/28/2007 6:04 AM

I'll give them $300 to take that wreck off their hands.

Register to Reply
Anonymous Poster
In reply to #4

03/28/2007 8:45 AM

It drives me nuts when people say Ferrari Enzo. The day the car name was announced, Ferrari announced that the car was to be called the Enzo Ferrari or simply, the Enzo. By no means was the car to be called the Ferrari Enzo as it is named after their founder, Enzo Ferrari. In the VERY NEXT tv spot a reporter called it the Ferrari Enzo! I am NOT splitting hairs. It was the man's name.

Those of us who know must hang our heads in shame for the ignorance of others in following what can only be described as the stupidity of certain news reporters.

sorry for the rant. I'm going to get back to work now.

-A-

Register to Reply
Guru
United States - Member - New Member Engineering Fields - Mechanical Engineering - New Member Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Hobbies - Target Shooting - New Member Safety - ESD - New Member Technical Fields - Education - New Member

Good Answers: 20
In reply to #5

03/28/2007 9:10 AM

That was me above. I was not logged in.

-A-

Hobbies - Model Rocketry - New Member

In reply to #5

03/28/2007 9:10 AM

I understand and appreciate your rant. I feel like taking voting rights away from anyone who writes Alpha Romeo, or says "Alfa Raymeo."

It's one thing to be ignorant about geography, or about the politicians administering taxes, death, oppression, slavery and genocide.

But to be ignorant and insensitive about the one redeeming product of humanity; to be callously illiterate in the True Art of mankind...that is unforgivable.

I also agree that sports cars, particularly Italian sports cars, should be driven con molto vivace.

That is where great cars transcend the merely visual arts.

…OK, well, my wife would think that's all nuts. But life should be lived to the redline. And I'm glad that Eddy Murphy isn't some milk-sopped enviro-twitterpate who drives only a Prius because it's the responsible thing to do.

United States - Member - New Member Engineering Fields - Mechanical Engineering - New Member Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Hobbies - Target Shooting - New Member Safety - ESD - New Member Technical Fields - Education - New Member

In reply to #7

03/28/2007 9:18 AM

too true. but this car did not die an honorable death. It was driven into a wall by an unqualified driver. I would feel better if he "came around" while pushing it too hard, but no. he under-steered into a wall. how sad.

-A-

Engineering Fields - Manufacturing Engineering - United Kingdom - Member - Get things done!

In reply to #8

03/28/2007 10:19 AM

Looking at the video again, it as if he hit the throttle instead of the brakes. Doh!

In reply to #8

03/28/2007 10:53 AM

I have mixed feelings about this. I'm restoring an old Alfa right now ('62 2600 convertible). Am I really qualified to do the restoration? Am I qualified to own it if I'm not doing it right?

Dang it, I want it, and it's mine now. The guy who gets the car next might damn me for what I'm doing, but I saved it from a wrecker...

What if a 300 pound bicycle afficionado wants a $10000 bicycle? He wants the bicycle because it weighs only 16 pounds compared to a $1000 bicycle that weighs 20 pounds. It seems that he should lose 4 pounds off his adipose butt and buy the cheaper bike, but I do understand the desire to have the best...

Sure, Eddy Murphy is no Michael Schumacher. But I do appreciate people, like ultra-gadget-nut Jay Leno, who have fun with their money...

In reply to #10

03/28/2007 12:03 PM

Boy, do I feel dumb.

After railing on about people who get their car facts wrong, I watched the video and realized that I got my Eddys all wrong.

sheesh. I guess now I'll have to tolerate people who say "Alpha Raymeow."

In reply to #10

03/29/2007 3:43 AM

Your car - you restore it how you want it! I am currently assisting a friend restore his Ford Anglia (I've mentioned this before) and the one thing it wont be is standard. the shell is seam welded, the engine will be a cross flow screamer, the suspension and brakes will be uprated etc. etc. As for the purists, I drove an original recently restored E type Jag a few weeks ago, it was the biggest disappointment I've had for a long time. The steering was vague, brakes didn't, and Arnie himself would need both hands to change gear!

In reply to #14

03/29/2007 7:30 AM

Thanks. Will do.

The 2600s were beautifully built touring cars with engines that are almost always described as "jewels." But they're agriculturally heavy for an Alfa, and they've got circa 1950 suspension (king pin front end and iron differential carrier).

Don't tell anybody, but I am planning a tube space frame; and with the suspension from a Milano/75 underneath. Shhh...

I will not allow comedians to drive it.

In reply to #15

03/29/2007 7:39 AM

Now you're talking my language..........

United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain. Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 822
In reply to #4

04/02/2007 10:01 AM

In Zimbabwe Dollars, it's probably worth it...

03/28/2007 11:53 AM

I am immensely sorry about this and feel aweful f0orb his experience. Now, I am going to ask a question: "I Eddie Griffin going to be charged with murder for killing a Ferrai Enzo?

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #11

03/29/2007 8:10 AM

I am tempted to give up on humanity.

-A-

United States - Member - Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member

Good Answers: 5

03/28/2007 12:56 PM

One thing I saw that totally bugged me... So that was for a charity... it made it sound like it was a "charity" promoting a movie. That's not a charity. I think of a charity as helping people who actually need it.

Someone who has an Enzo Ferrari doesn't need charity. Whoever in the news that said it was a "charity" should be shot.

Charity:

• (n) charity (a foundation created to promote the public good (not for assistance to any particular individuals))
  • (n) charity (an activity or gift that benefits the public at large)
  • (n) charity (an institution set up to provide help to the needy)

I don't remember seeing or reading anything about them promoting anything to the public good. Only to themselves with their (most likely) terrible movie that's probably about some guy that wants to get this hot girl and ends up winning a bunch of money. Oh, I forgot the crashes, guns and explosions... and then there's the boobs.

Now if that was for a real charity, tell me if I'm wrong.

-Nick

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 18 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

-A- (3); andyhorning (4); Anonymous Poster (2); Chris Leonard (1); jstolaruk (1); Nickjd (1); PlbMak (4); PWSlack (2)

Previous in Forum: Doing the right thing.   Next in Forum: The Lottery

Advertisement