Previous in Forum: Ultimate engineering challenge-design a coffee cup..   Next in Forum: Posts going missing again.
Close
Close
Close
Page 8 of 8: « First < Prev 6 7 8 Last »
Guru

Good Answers: 24

Wacky Science - an open invitation

04/10/2007 7:19 PM

This is an open invitation to all: post your weird and most bizarre link of magical or unexplained science or phenomenon, preferably in video, which you may occasionally encounter on the web, and let's all discuss it here:

- Is it for real or is it a hoax?

- If it's real, how is it made, what's the phenomenon or effect?

- If it's a hoax, how was it made?

Dear Admins, please consider: Should this be a blog?

Register to Reply
Pathfinder Tags: amusement science
This discussion was "closed" on 05/16/2007 11:42 PM. No new comments are allowed.
Guru

In reply to #700
Find in discussion

Re: Wacky Science - an open invitation

05/16/2007 3:23 PM

The acetone-cordite-Balfour-declaration legend is true, but had a lengthy use as a spin-engine, in a feeble western attempt to appease the Arab Ba'ath nationalists in the thirties and since, concerning the Jewish homeland. Even more so, following the holocaust.

There is an eighty years long debate between the Arabs about the legitimacy of Palestine as a Jewish homeland. Unable to overlook the ancient Hebrew population, and established Jewish population since roman time, during middle ages, and under Ottoman Muslim rule, (Qara'ai community in the west bank is one example, Peqi'een Jews, another), some unique apologetics were juggled, to find political excuse for current anti-Israeli rhetoric.

Denial of the Holocaust and implication of Mossad in the nine-eleven attack being some of the more creative nature, to name but a few. Arab intelligentsia on one side, Pan-Arab nationalists and Muslim fanatics on the other.

When confronted with "Ask the old Germans, still living to testify" usually replied with "you brainwashed them". Go figure.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #700
Find in discussion

05/16/2007 4:14 PM

Yes Kris,

You wrote:- "A lot of interesting stuff might disappear in a flash"

Did you mean, Israel?.... Rear Admiral David White, had no qualms about guiding the Torpedo that sunk the Belgrano. David Knocker to the crew. When we played Cowboys and Indians as kids. David INSISTED we use Live! .22 Ammunition. "Are you such a lousy shot you can't even miss me?" was David's answer to my reticence, as I preferred .22 Dieseled Air Riles with enhanced spring.(scrap valve springs) The ammo was cheaper, Tight-wad Scotsman like I am and was.

Or perhaps you meant "Pulling the Switch at CERN on the Internet Hub"?(watch the movie link posted previously) both are distinct possibilities! I jolly well hope massive "IMPROBABILITIES!"........... That would be very sad! The Superb CR4 Editorial Team on the other hand, I trust to use their discretion as they see fit. I doubt very much that any vital information would be lost. Even so, it would only be lost to the Public Domain.

The relevance of this information, may have escaped a few readers. The Internet is a minefield of misinformation. A wag once said that information obtained by browsing the internet, compared less favourably to Lavatory Wall Graffiti!

Journalistic rules apply, at least two independent confirmations from bona fide sources. As far as Israel is concerned, my own personal view for what little it may be worth in the great scheme of things, is that water has flowed under the bridge. whatever cess and pollution has passed downstream, is of no concern, other than to draw lessons from past mistakes. Of real concern is the water UP-STREAM! what crap is on the way down? and can we lessen it?

I do not entirely reject the frequent so-called "conspiracy theories" now a pejorative term. Time generally exposes the genuine items. The wheat is sorted from the chaff.

My earnest plea once again, obtain Robert Strange McNamara's Academy Award Winning Documentary "The Fog of War" and Watch it! preferably at least three times!

This outstanding film coupled to his Book "Blundering into DISASTER" Surviving The First Century Of The Nuclear Age, Will leave the reader in no doubt about the supremely perilous state of the current world. The "Rational Response" is the UNLUCKY RESPONSE...our luck has run out!...CAVEAT! and G-D BLESS ALL OF YOU.

"HOPE" is our last resort now!

"Neither man nor woman can be worth anything until they have discovered that they are fools. The sooner the discovery is made the better, as there is more time and power for taking advantage of it." William Lamb
Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #702

05/16/2007 6:07 PM

"...disappear in a flash"...Did you mean, Israel?...."

At first I refused to admit it, but now, it really does look like nuclear explosion is you favorite method for human negotiation.

And suppose Israel will disappear in a flash of light, as you admittedly hope ("...Turning Israel into a Green Glass Lake, Is the method I would dearly love to adopt. to prove my point...",in #594 ), What then? Millions of Arab people and countless animal lives will perish, and you will still leave some twelve million Jews alive, and dispersed worldwide, some probably in your "own" country.

Will you then nuclear-blast the rest of the world, just to get rid of them?

"...The "Rational Response" is the UNLUCKY RESPONSE...our luck has run out!...CAVEAT! and G-D BLESS ALL OF YOU..."

Aren't you a little hysterical here?

"..."HOPE" is our last resort now!..."

Coming from you, what exactly is your definition of the word, or do you intend to link it to some dictionary?

You can't rule the world, this era is over. Give it up Alastair.

You shame your countryman writhing like this.

It has no integrity, no grace, no compassion, it seem like an endless string of hateful expression.

I do feel for you. I really do, alas, I can't help you.

You do need help you know.

It's not anymore about scientific ignorance or the mere antagonism to science, but something completely else.

Re-read you stuff and pretend you're somebody else, reading it.

Maybe, just maybe, you will be lucky enough to see.

What a bloody waste.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #703

05/16/2007 10:51 PM

Dear Yuval,

You wrote:- "You shame your countryman writhing like this"

As I am myself a Jew. I presume you mean I shame Israel.

The facts are very easy to establish. but may require a little effort on your part. I note that you appear to like to have your grapes peeled for you, all served up on a plate, whilst you lay back on a silken couch!...Read this Thread through and I read that the mere stupendous effort of reading material posted that is not "Double Spaced" is a wee bit inconvenient for you, that pictures posted for "Artistic Effect" are not quite the way you would like!...just a wee bit too wide for your taste? Please Yuval Get a grip and stop behaving like a spoilt little brat! Please wake up!..... or am I wrong? We had better be very careful when we judge another. That standard of judgement may one day be applied to ourselves.

At the end of life, the breath leaves the body. it does not return. You may in ignorance think that is the end. it is not so. You will meet with your creator G-d.

So please prepare yourself for the inevitable. I wish you a long life. but not a long life wasted in frivolous activities that will leave you unprepared for death.

How much effort are you willing to invest?

Currently The United Nations are entering into Diplomatic Relations with Extra Terrestial Visitors..... READ THE UNITED NATIONS BULLETIN BOARD.... FOR JESUS CHRIST'S SAKE!

It's about time we prepared a Welcome for them!

"Neither man nor woman can be worth anything until they have discovered that they are fools. The sooner the discovery is made the better, as there is more time and power for taking advantage of it." William Lamb
Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #709

05/16/2007 11:12 PM

"...As I am myself a Jew. I presume you mean I shame Israel..."

Right. and I am myself a Christian. I presume you mean I shame Scotland.

You may call yourself whatever you want. This is not any sort of excuse or self-justification. There is no civilised place for your sickening notions.

People here are invited to read what you write and judge for themselves.

"...Currently The United Nations are entering into Diplomatic Relations with Extra Terrestrial Visitors..."

Will "they" justify your self-admitted will to obliterate Israel ?

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #710

05/16/2007 11:19 PM

Israel are the Guardians of Planet Earth.

Israel is a small fraction of Planet Earth.

It is Planet Earth that is in DANGER! not just little Israel!

"As my Grandmother would say:- "You can lead a horse to water.....?"

Register to Reply
Anonymous Poster
In reply to #702

05/16/2007 8:23 PM

Yes, what then, Adolf?

New territories in the east?

Livelihood for your messianic flock of fools?

Who will follow the likes of you?

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #704

05/16/2007 10:19 PM

Dear Guest,

The situation is not helped by a poor fund of knowledge.

I earnestly advise you to increase your own. I doubt that mine is sufficient to debate with you. Your judgement of me, will itself be judged.

Take your time, with grace, you will be allocated sufficient time. but do not waste it!

Register to Reply
Friend of CR4

Good Answers: 35
In reply to #702

05/16/2007 11:42 PM

You wrote:- "A lot of interesting stuff might disappear in a flash"

No, he was not referring to Israel. I have no idea what would have given you that idea. He was stating that the CR4 Admin might find this thread has strayed well beyond the barriers of good taste and decency and that they (I in this case) might decide to delete it.

In answer to the original comment about things disappearing in a flash, that's not going to happen. I'm not going to delete this thread, but I am going to end it. The show's over folks....

I let this thread go on and stopped reading somewhere around post 200. I figured I'd let you all have your fun...Well, it's obvious I should have paid closer attention. I would ask in the future that everyone refrain from personal attacks and use the report button when distasteful / hateful posts posts come up. I'd rather this site stays open and hospitable then have to shut down posts.

(Update May 17, 1:44 AM EST) Kris, who said "A lot of interesting stuff might disappear in a flash" in post #710, which was alluded to in in post #712, had the following to say:

Chris Leonard's interpretation of my meaning was correct.

I did not report the thread , but would undoubtedly have done so when I viewed recent postings at about 7 am today.

I would be grateful if you would insert my comments here (direct to yourself) into the thread , or at least pass them to both Yuval and Alastair. I'd prefer you to post these comments , to make it abundantly clear to future readers that I was mis-interpreted by Alastair's reply post.

Many thanks ,

Kris

In reply to #699
Find in discussion

05/16/2007 9:55 PM

"...At our personal expense!...Ten Thousand Square Miles of Africa, with Madagasca also thrown into the pot.(now ruined) but NO... they had to do it their way!..."

By what arrogant self-justifying authority, any part of Africa was ever yours go give, to take, or to allocate?

Do you ever judge yourself to the same standards as you do others?

Jesus said "Judge not, and you shall not be judged".

Or do you only "cut and paste" of your proclaimed lord only to your intended whim?

Do you really think people are your imaginary pawns to distribute here and there, to proclaim this or that of their faith or their fate, or their aftermath?

Your blunt arrogance and folly astounds me. Your giving it some religious significance sickens most of us I would dare to assume.

How old are you? 12?

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #705

05/16/2007 10:05 PM

Please Yuval,

Your comments may bring you eternal shame!

The "Guardians of the City" Always watch over Israel!

Watch out for your next "RAINBOW"

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #706

05/16/2007 10:48 PM

"...Your comments may bring you eternal shame!..."

In your warped mind's eye I'm sure. Take a brief look at yours.

Though not considering myself a Jew, I am disgusted at your recent, and prolonged writing here, with all jested notions of Jews and Israelis.

What ever on earth made you hate Israelis in such a pathological, indiscriminating way?

What was it that made you so blindly, hysterically, hateful?

Let me quote you:

"...I am definitely NOT the person pulling the strings or making the decisions. I fear that had that been the case Planet Earth would have been sterilised long long ago. I have a very nasty temper when roused..." - This very thread, in #615.

Where are all these apocalyptic total destruction notions from?

I'm not here to mention your "wacky science" naive and often ignorant notions. I'm not your disappointed physics teacher.

I'm not here to mention your rightly called "self indulgent blabber". I'm not your disappointed literature teacher.

Your whole writing record in this thread, is a lasting evidence for every decent human being here, invited to read and weigh.

I pray no-one culls your posts, because I think it's important for people to read this. It's to extreme to be ignored as "sick" or "twisted".

Besides, What's to all that of yours, and to an engineering and science forum?

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #708

05/16/2007 11:15 PM

Dear Yuval,

You Wrote:- "..Where are all these apocalyptic total destruction notions from?"

Thank you! A simple question deserves a simple answer.

In 1977, I had the privilege to meet with the Dali Lama's Private Secretary. He entrusted his Son David Vile, to translate his Dad's rendition of the "Testimony" of Thomas the Apostle, who after the Crucification and Resurrection of his Master Jesus Christ (This was "Doubting Thomas") subsequently made his way as an itinerant freelance artisan, through India and up to Tibet. The Dali Lama, requested Mr. Vile, his appointed Private Secretary to render the preserved documents into Cockney Rhyming Slang. His Son David was able to re-translate the import of these documents into plane English.

Dr. David Stott, reader in Tibetan Studies at Manchester University, Also gave me advise. His Tibetan received name is Lama Jampa Thai. and he was initiated after over twelve years of study under tutelage by the Lamas into the Kadju Zong. (Fortress of The Kadju) It is extremely rare for a westerner to be made a Lama!

David explained to me, that the Tibetan explanation for the "Asteroid Belt" was a result of Mankind's failure to comply with instructions. Our last planet was obliterated.

If you care to make the "effort" Yuval, unacustomed to it as you appear to be so far. please be my guest and verify these assertions for yourself. Manchester University has a website and you can locate the contact details for yourself, or would you rather it was served up on a plate, as you are so used to?

Register to Reply
Register to Reply Page 8 of 8: « First < Prev 6 7 8 Last »
This discussion was "closed" on 05/16/2007 11:42 PM. No new comments are allowed.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Alastair Carnegie (289); Anonymous Poster (7); AstroNut (14); Blink (23); BrainWave (2); Chris Leonard (3); jack of all trades (7); Kris (209); Mr. Truman Brain (1); RHABE (5); svengali (3); vermin (36); Yuval (114)

Previous in Forum: Ultimate engineering challenge-design a coffee cup..   Next in Forum: Posts going missing again.

Advertisement