Previous in Forum: Confirming Air Volume Capabilities of a Drying Machine   Next in Forum: Wanted to Lock a Tube Inside a Bigger Tube
Close
Close
Close
11 comments
Active Contributor

Form-Fill-Seal Machine

04/06/2012 1:38 AM

Hi guys, in our cup forming filling and sealing machine, I have a problem of the cup sometimes is not align with the sealing cup holder. the machine run properly but after a few minutes the cups will be out of alignment.

thanks to anyone who can give me an idea what cause this problem.

thanks

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Guru

Good Answers: 1736

Re: Form-Fill-Seal machine

04/06/2012 2:23 AM

I suggest you get whom ever sold this machine to you , to come and show you how to properly set up the machine...These machines must be tweaked and adjusted ever so slightly, to run different cups....or you may be trying to run the machine too fast, beyond it's capability...In any case, it's not a problem that can likely be solved in this format...

In reply to #1

Re: Form-Fill-Seal machine

04/06/2012 2:49 AM

thanks Bro for your comment...unfortunately the machine supplier is not replying to our inquiry that is why we are trying to figure out on how we can solve this problem.

Register to Reply
Guru
Hobbies - CNC - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member Engineering Fields - Electromechanical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 412

Re: Form-Fill-Seal Machine

04/06/2012 8:52 AM

Who manufactured the machine so we can see what is being used to currently align the cups.

You have to supply more information, Size of cups, product (This may or may not help), speed, single lane/multilane, ect ....

Usually, the cups are placed in penetrations on a conveyor belt to ensure positive alignment

In reply to #3

04/06/2012 9:22 AM

the machine was manufactured by BSE in Turkey and its a 150ml cup. the machine is controlled by servo motor from Delta and has the speed of 12000 cups/h.

it formed, fill water and seal with a foil, all in a single machine.

more detail regarding the machine I am talking about:

http://www.alibaba.com/product/vakurkutay-106070134-10745300/Form_Fill_Seal_Machinery_For_plastic_cups_and_containers.html?tracelog=fmotherproduct2#productDetailpageLocation

Register to Reply
Guru
Hobbies - CNC - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member Engineering Fields - Electromechanical Engineering - New Member

In reply to #4

04/06/2012 9:41 AM

Great, This is a start,

Now you mentioned that it works to begin with.

After a while does it creep from the position to where its suppose to be or is it intermittent.

I'm looking at what type of feed back mechanism does it have to verify its position.

Is it a shaft encoder, or is the encoder driven off a belt?

In reply to #5

04/06/2012 9:58 AM

yes its getting out of position after a few run. the cup position is moving backward and yes its intermittently. actually there is no mechanism or sensor to verify its position. the plastic sheet is pulling and driven by servo motor.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #6

04/06/2012 10:00 AM

there may be a feed back in the servo motor.

If I understand, the plastic sheet has the cups on/in it

Then is there a posible slip on the plastic sheet?

In reply to #7

04/06/2012 10:54 AM

yes the plastic sheet has a cups on it. maybe you're right that there is a possible slip on the plastic sheet. i will check the cylinder for clamping device. that maybe the reason..I will let you know tomorrow when I get back to work...thanks a lot.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #8

04/06/2012 10:58 AM

great, good luck.

I have some other ideas that I might as well post before I forget.

check the connection of the servo to the acuator if it is not a direct drive

In reply to #9

04/06/2012 10:46 PM

static could be playing a role in non alligning of the cups.

did you the check the earthing and also build up of static on the conveyor belt whichyou said is made of plastic which does produce static and as long as the static produced is nullified by the static destroyers, then there is a balance. If the stastic produced is more, it could build up to the point that the stastic destroyer cannot destroy all the static produced which could lead to the non allign of the cups!!!!

Register to Reply
Power-User

Good Answers: 10

04/07/2012 6:50 PM

Could you post a video of the machine working properly and a corresponding video of the machine when not working properly so we can see what you see?

I think that I would design and build an alignment tool that automatically aligns the product. Anyone, like myself, a tool designer could probably come up with a way to insure proper alignment continuously.

A hand without and arm is a useless tool

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Byron Jay (1); HARSHAD 52 (1); phoenix911 (4); SolarEagle (1); WillyCalma (4)

Previous in Forum: Confirming Air Volume Capabilities of a Drying Machine   Next in Forum: Wanted to Lock a Tube Inside a Bigger Tube

Advertisement