Previous in Forum: 24 Hour Solar Power   Next in Forum: New CNG Tank to Mimic Intestines Design
Close
Close
Close
3 comments
Associate

Good Answers: 1

Iron Worker Material Stops

07/11/2012 12:03 PM

Has anyone seen something similar to these before? They are adjustable stops for an ironworker. The rollers acts as an end stop when pushed from the side, and the material can be pushed under the rollers from the front. Any advice on what they are called or who sells them "off the shelf"

Thanks

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru
Hobbies - CNC - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member Engineering Fields - Electromechanical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 412

Re: Iron Worker Material Stops

07/11/2012 1:07 PM

I can understand the use as hold downs for an iron worker.

I do not know where you obtain the pictures, if you look on the ironworkers manufacturers website.......may not be the same manufacture of your iron worker.

There probally a good change of it be a secondary manufacturer of accessories for iron workers. did you try globalspec or google for this

07/11/2012 2:39 PM

My brief Google search didn't come up with much useful information. From your pictures, these look like components from a larger machine assembly. From the looks of it, roller stops/guides for a mill roll, probably handling sheet stock. As such, they may be dedicated to this type of machine. If off-the-shelf, it will be from the machine manufacturer. Are you researching this for your employer? They would probably have the part numbers, drawing numbers of the machine or component.

Good Answers: 1

07/12/2012 10:09 AM

In woodworking, there is something functionally similar called a swing stop. It falls into position with gravity but can be pushed flat against the back stop to select a longer position. The ones I'm thinking of were built by Whirlwind Saws.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Age > IQ (1); Bevelgearpro (1); phoenix911 (1)

Previous in Forum: 24 Hour Solar Power   Next in Forum: New CNG Tank to Mimic Intestines Design

Advertisement