Previous in Forum: Ahh Grasshopper   Next in Forum: Paper Planes
Close
Close
Close
9 comments
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain. Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 817

Ancient Mars "Could Have Supported Life" - NASA

03/13/2013 6:58 AM
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Anonymous Poster #1

Re: Ancient Mars "could have supported life" - NASA

03/13/2013 7:35 AM

This is just more of NASAs push to justify a maned mission at my tax dollar. Same as that chunk of meteorite that came from mars that had evidence of worm hole life (ya right). Create false evidence of the need to fund your frickin career NASA.

I'll support a manned mission ONLY if the spin off technology that the mooned mission created happens again. But I don't see this happening again. This accelerated integrated circuit development, materials science, and rocket development. Pretty tough to find a hole in technology that is required to do this. Anti gravity anyone?? Get that hyperspace drive working! I think the US should sit on it's thumbs and let the EU do this for a change.

Guru
Popular Science - Evolution - New Member Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member

Good Answers: 918
In reply to #1

03/13/2013 7:53 AM

"I think the US should sit on it's thumbs and let the EU do this for a change."

We have been and we have the statistics to prove it.

Guru
Engineering Fields - Optical Engineering - Member Engineering Fields - Engineering Physics - Member Engineering Fields - Systems Engineering - Member

Good Answers: 646
In reply to #1

03/13/2013 8:13 AM

I say let private enterprise do it. This guy wants to spend his own money (and money freely donated)? Let him:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/02/27/173067917/millionaire-space-tourist-plans-manned-mission-to-mars-in-2018

Good Answers: 149
In reply to #1

03/14/2013 10:58 AM

Spanish subject to Queen Isabella: "Why are you throwing our taxes away on that crazy Italian?"

Good Answers: 44
In reply to #1

03/15/2013 6:37 PM

Fine, you may never use nor benefit from the use of velcro again. Enjoy your high blood pressure.

Guru

Good Answers: 1727

03/13/2013 7:35 AM

Well sure, where do you think Martians come from?

United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain. Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 817
In reply to #2

03/13/2013 7:45 AM

Good Answers: 3

Re: Ancient Mars "Could Have Supported Life" - NASA

03/13/2013 2:09 PM

Ten days after aerobraking the Dragon capsule would return again to Earth and reenter at 14.2 km/sec.
Thats what is called "coming in hot!!!!!!!!!"

Popular Science - Evolution - New Member Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member

Good Answers: 918
In reply to #6

Re: Ancient Mars "Could Have Supported Life" - NASA

03/13/2013 2:16 PM

Sierra Hotel.

Reply to Forum Thread 9 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Anonymous Hero (2); Anonymous Poster (1); cuba_pete (1); gringogreg (1); PWSlack (1); ronclarke (1); SolarEagle (1); Usbport (1)

Previous in Forum: Ahh Grasshopper   Next in Forum: Paper Planes

Advertisement