Previous in Forum: Most Expensive TVs   Next in Forum: Define the Phenomenon?
Close
Close
Close
7 comments
Guru
Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member China - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 14

TV, Speaker all is Flat now !!

06/15/2007 9:08 PM

It seems a trend to make shape of Tv set and speak into flate!

Two of three years ago, I visited an exhibition and saw a large size of LCD TV set up 80" and now is emerging many places such as conference room, entertainment field and tv station and studio etc.

The flat speaker is coming into ordinary people's home as a beautiful decoration on the wall. instead of tranditional cone shpe speaker, it doesnt occupy space. and has more efficiency and less phase difference than old speaker, the fault is it cannt replay good low sound down to 120Hz. so music lover has to set a woofer to compensate this pity.

not long before, we learned a new supper direction flat speaker occuring, that will be wonderful for family listener.and will be more useful for many fields.

Register to Reply
Pathfinder Tags: flat speaker tv
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru
Philippines - Member - New Member Engineering Fields - Instrumentation Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - Who am I?

Good Answers: 51

Re: TV, Speaker all is Flat now !!

06/15/2007 11:29 PM

Flat tv, flat speakers

As you've noted, the advantages on one do not apply to the other. Flat tv has better pictures while flat speakers have bad low-frequency performance. The problem is that since the tv is now flat, the only speaker that fits into them is a flat one, and they sound terrible.

The going-flat-trend needs to be worked out before they come out with a product. Hard disks used to be real thick but now they're a lot thinner (and more capacity to boot). This is an example of good engineering.

An example of bad engineering (aside from flat speakers) is flat keyboards. A commercial model once came out citing easy cleaning as the reason for designing a flat keyboard. Just take a rag and wipe it clean. Also keeps the coffee out of the innards. Unfortunately, the things were difficult to type on. Keyboards were made for typing! Those engineers designed a keyboard that was meant to be cleaned and not typed on? Hello?

Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Safety - ESD - New Member Hobbies - Fishing - New Member

Location: Near Frankfurt am Main, Germany. 50.390866N, 8.884827E
Good Answers: 200
In reply to #1

06/17/2007 4:17 AM

Hi Vulcan, was the pun intended? (and more capacity to boot)

Philippines - Member - New Member Engineering Fields - Instrumentation Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - Who am I?

Good Answers: 51
In reply to #2

06/17/2007 7:29 PM

Ha ha! No, I didn't actually. That was an unintended pun. If I had delivered that verbally, I'd be wondering why people are laughing.

Good Answers: 22
In reply to #1

06/17/2007 5:05 AM

Flat keyboards are not the best, but can be most useful in dirty/ wet environments

06/17/2007 10:37 AM

http://www.edn.com/article/CA438300.html

Register to Reply
Active Contributor

06/18/2007 8:45 AM

When I was growing up in Tokyo, Japan, it was the norm to watch a 70mm film on screens that were curved on either side. That is the kind of projection screen I would like to see.

Good Answers: 6

06/20/2007 6:19 AM

**************** Quote *************** GM1964 #3 TV, Speaker all is Flat now !! Flat keyboards are not the best, but can be most useful in dirty/ wet environments **************** Quote Ends *************** Please remember that all the devices being used by Human may cause certain injuries to organs. KeyBoard & Mouse are the ones related Agencies have been warning about the health problems. Prolonged use of such device; which are not designed to minimize such called "RSI" problems; can cause serious injuries to arms & hands.

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 7 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Andy Germany (1); Anonymous Poster (1); GM1964 (1); Haajee (1); jimpithecus (1); Vulcan (2)

Previous in Forum: Most Expensive TVs   Next in Forum: Define the Phenomenon?
You might be interested in: Flat Belt Pulleys, Flat Panel Displays, Flat Springs

Advertisement