Previous in Forum: I Hate Telecoms with the White Hot Fury of a Thousand Suns!   Next in Forum: Heavy Metal Detection Using an Unusual Sensor
Close
Close
Close
6 comments
The Engineer
Engineering Fields - Engineering Physics - Physics... United States - Member - NY Popular Science - Genetics - Organic Chemistry... Popular Science - Cosmology - New Member Ingeniería en Español - Nuevo Miembro - New Member

Good Answers: 129

G-Force Training Prodigy

03/17/2016 9:03 AM

I found this video fascinating. Watching them train him to handle G-Forces while simultaneously marveling at his natural ability is pretty awesome. Jump to 11:27 for the coolest part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuqf_6oplMc

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru

Good Answers: 774

Re: G-Force Training Prodigy

03/17/2016 9:22 AM

I don't get it.

Register to Reply
Guru
Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member Engineering Fields - Piping Design Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 783
In reply to #1

03/17/2016 1:37 PM

It's a contest to see who pukes first: the subject or the viewer.

In reply to #2

03/17/2016 2:25 PM

As with too many YouTube videos all I felt was a sense of uneasy boredom.

Register to Reply
The Engineer
Engineering Fields - Engineering Physics - Physics... United States - Member - NY Popular Science - Genetics - Organic Chemistry... Popular Science - Cosmology - New Member Ingeniería en Español - Nuevo Miembro - New Member

Good Answers: 129
In reply to #3

03/17/2016 2:46 PM

I hear you, the video can drag...

What I liked about it is you can tell these navy guys have conducted thousands of G-Force tests on unsuspecting Ensigns yet they can't hold back their glee at this guy's almost super human G-Force resistance. I also found it interesting the techniques they were teaching to be able to resist G's.

I love when the commander is like "hey, I can't force you to do this, but there is this insane test almost no one ever passes that I'd like to try out on you since your a freak of nature." You can see the Ensign torn between "I'm all set, I'd like to leave and puke" and "It would be pretty cool to be a legend." He made the right decision...though it looked painful.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #4

03/17/2016 3:02 PM

Well I do have to admit that for me it easily beat out watching those idiots on numberphile ponder on and come up blank on stuff that most half wits with basic rational sense can figure out the how and whys of a pattern or commonality whatnot and how it fits into reality as we see and define it.

Register to Reply
Guru
Safety - Hazmat - New Member United States - US - Statue of Liberty - New Member Engineering Fields - Chemical Engineering - Old Hand

Good Answers: 161
In reply to #4

04/07/2016 3:12 PM

Pretty cool! If he can hold G's like this, he may make a great fighter pilot, depending on how well he does at multi-tasking under G. Pretty tough kid. Salute!

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Bayes (1); James Stewart (1); tcmtech (3); Tornado (1)

Previous in Forum: I Hate Telecoms with the White Hot Fury of a Thousand Suns!   Next in Forum: Heavy Metal Detection Using an Unusual Sensor

Advertisement