Previous in Forum: Electrical Wiring Question   Next in Forum: Share Market
Close
Close
Close
98 comments
Guru
Engineering Fields - Electromechanical Engineering - Technical Services Manager Canada - Member - Army brat Popular Science - Cosmology - What is Time and what is Energy? Technical Fields - Architecture - Draftsperson Hobbies - RC Aircraft - New Member

Good Answers: 204

What caused this change? Was it the pyramid energies?

03/20/2008 11:50 AM

Having been fascinated with the pyramids for years, I finally decided to build one. I do not believe they were ever built as tombs. That's simply ridiculous. I really liked Christopher Dunn's book on how the Great Pyramid was a power plant. I have also read over the years that pyramids had special properties and energies which defied accurate measurement or explanation, and also that pyramids could be used to sharpen razor blades, among other things.

I decided to use my pyramid (1m base w ~45 Deg sides in styrofoam) to test this. although the experiment on the razor blade is ongoing, I thought I would throw this out to the community for comment and answers.

I took an 82 ohm - 1% resistor, and measured the resistance with a meter at 81.1 ohms. I then put the resitor in the pyramid and left it undisturbed for a week. (in my living room in my 2nd floor apt) I measured the resistance today, with the same meter, and it measures 82.2 ohms.

I know there are theories of 'matter condensation' out there, with regards to pyramids, and I think maybe the razor blades were never sharpening, but decreasing in size. This was why I chose to measure electrical resistance, because I figured that if the block of carbon decreased in size, that the resistance would go up, which it has.

I will now be repeating the experiment, with a more precise meter, and try for more controlled conditions, and more intervals of measurement, but my pyramid is probably poor, for it is not a true solid.

I believe that it is possible for the meter to have developed variations over the week, for it has been used for other uses in that time, but I do not believe that resistors would change their resistance in a week, if maintained at room temperature. I believe the ceramic coating prevents any changes in resistance or conductivity based on humidity. What other factors may be applicable here to explain the measured changes?

Let me know what you think.

Chris

Register to Reply
Pathfinder Tags: Pyramid resistors
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Guru
Popular Science - Evolution - New Member Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member

Good Answers: 918

Re: What caused this change? Was it the pyramid energies?

03/20/2008 12:11 PM

I just posted this on another post, but it seems even more true in light of your observation.

Irving Langmuir was a Nobel Prize winner that spoke of bias (intentional and unintentional) in scientific research and offered six characteristics of pathological science:

1. The magnitude of the effect is substantially independent of the intensity of the causative agent.

2. The effect is of a magnitude that remains close to the limits of detectability; or, many measurements are necessary because of the very low statistical significance of the results.

3. It makes claims of great accuracy.

4. It puts forth fantastic theories contrary to experience.

5. Criticisms are met by ad hoc excuses.

6. The ratio of supporters to critics rises up to somewhere near 50 percent and then falls gradually to oblivion.

Register to Reply Score 1 for Good Answer
Guru
Engineering Fields - Electromechanical Engineering - Technical Services Manager Canada - Member - Army brat Popular Science - Cosmology - What is Time and what is Energy? Technical Fields - Architecture - Draftsperson Hobbies - RC Aircraft - New Member

In reply to #1

03/20/2008 3:34 PM

you are right. I should not theorize. I'm not qualified. But for those of you who are qualified to theorize, does anyone have a more plausible theory than what I am reading in this humour column?

chris

Register to Reply
Anonymous Poster

03/20/2008 12:39 PM

No no no. You've got it all wrong. The pyramid isn't shrinking things within it. Rather it's just slightly offsetting the expansion of the rest of the universe. The blades aren't getting smaller...we're all getting "bigger".

Those honking big statues of Pharaohs in ancient Egypt? Lifesized. You don't get to be a living god by being a little shrimpy fellow, you know. That's what's always kept me out of the running anyway.

Plus there's the time dilation factor. The main reason you read a higher resistance isn't because of the size of the carbon - it's more because the pyramid temporararily and minutely slows the flow of time for the part. It takes just a little longer for the electrons from your meter to push through the resistor. This equates to a false "higher" resistance reading. The time effect dissipates a few minutes after you remove the item from the pyramid as it soon aclimates to our temporal flux.

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 143
In reply to #2

03/20/2008 2:07 PM

What have you been smoking?? Time dilation my foot. It's as plain as the nose on your face that you're seeing length expansion (Fritzkat effect) leading to a lower Volts/meter and that effectively "fools" an ordinary DMM into a somewhat higher resistance reading. The Luxemburg Royal Navy, as a service to Ukraine, has long maintained a top-secret calibration lab where all standards are kept inside pyramids in order to compensate for this. Sheesh!

In reply to #3

03/20/2008 3:07 PM

Look chum,

Far be it from me to publicly expose you as the utter fool you are. But this subject is far more important than to allow it to be drowned in the flood of your staggering ineptitude.

In the well-established espionage circles in which I'm well-traveled, it's commonly known that the LRN's R&D Corps has only been able to construct and deploy a regular tetrahedron - not a conventional pyramid. Frankly I'm surprised they've managed to stablize even 3 of the 4 necessary faces, given that their drafting equipment consists almost entirely of Soviet-era surplus napkins and Chinese knockoffs of USA stubby miniature golf pencils.

And it's just that kind of reckless geometry that threatens us all. What's to stop them from carelessly sticking, say, an imperfect 10 gram weight in something like that? Who knows the repercussions! The resulting enfoldment of quantum enganglement could well negate every other speck of matter in the inner solar system. At absolute minimum it will make TV reception on channel 4 snowy. (And yes, that's ALL channel 4's, regardless of transmission system).

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #4

03/20/2008 3:22 PM

So, the old blame it on the draftsman ploy, eh? Would you believe an icosidodecahedron? Well, would you believe a Gaza rhombus? Who are you really working for?

03/20/2008 3:16 PM

Alright then, I guess that we should all just give up on experimentation.. waste of time anyway.

Chris

Register to Reply Off Topic (Score 5)
Guru

In reply to #5

03/20/2008 3:53 PM

Seriously, no you shouldn't. If you want some good answers, give us some details about your experiments. Tell us what kind of resistor. What kind of meter? Was it calibrated? Lay out some experimental protocol and data that we can see and some of us at least will quit be smart#~& and look at it. But, be aware that some of us have seen pyramid power for several decades and aren't buying it short of a lot of hard evidence. Give me that and I'll change my mind.

So, tell us about the experiment.

In reply to #8

03/20/2008 4:34 PM

Thank you, I will be following yours and Bhankii's guidelines. I will get back to you. Yes the meter was calibrated. I am the QC manager, and have had an electronics technician course back in the late 80's so will try to keep up.

chris

Guru

Good Answers: 7
In reply to #10

03/20/2008 6:02 PM

Don't the resistances measured change anyway from day to day just because temperature and humidity have altered slightly? Also do you put your probes on the same spot of the resistor wire every time and are the conditions of either probe and wire the same all the time? Any crystalline pollution from your skin on the probe or the wire would be capable of distorting your measurement.

I can never get the right reading of any resistor in my laboratory, yes I work in a laboratory, for any resistor measured. It always seems to be that tiny amount out and , I have not tried this personally, I am sure if you took 10 readings over 10 days you would find a range of measurements with the mean on the actual value but all just slightly off.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #13

03/20/2008 6:25 PM

thanks for the ideas. As suggested, I will write a procedure and diagrams for the circuits. I will try and find matched separate resistors for test and control. I believe the bridge is a good idea for controlling the circuit variables. I will purchase a new (calibrated) meter, and use it for just this series of tests. Lastly, I have to make a new pyramid, with the geometric properties I think are valid.

I am not interested in making things up here. I just want to test measurable changes in any physical properties I can. Resistance is just one. I could also purchase a 2 sets of gauge blocks, with 0.0001 precision, and a digital micrometer with 5 postion digital readout. If one of the block sets. varies it's dimensions, that would be interesting.

chris

Register to Reply
Guru
Philippines - Member - New Member Engineering Fields - Instrumentation Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - Who am I?

Good Answers: 51
In reply to #14

03/21/2008 12:18 AM

I've delved in pyramid experiments too but I can't say that they really work. For one thing my experiments didn't have much in the way of control.

For your experiments, I'd advise that you have two resistors, one in the pyramid and another outside.

Use one, calibrated, precision multimeter. I emphasize one because, in case it drifts, at least the drift will be the same when you measure the resistors individually and cancel it out.

I'd also suggest that you measure and/or record the ambient temperature and humidity of the room. Resistance changes with temperature and some materials change resistance depending on the amount of moisture that they absorb. If you can maintain a very low humidity and constant temperature, that would be ideal.

My parents used to sleep under a wooden-frame pyramid that hung over their bed. They did this for several weeks. They detected no change in their health or state-of-mind so they eventually removed it.

One other experiment that they tried was preserving fruits. In this they seemed to have something because fruits in the pyramids seemed to dry up without getting spoiled and still smelled normal. Fruits outside the pyramid rotted away and smelled awful. To my knowledge, they never tried tasting them out of fear that it might not be safe.

As for the razor sharpening, I'm still experimenting, though I've been doing it for over 14 years. I found a plastic pyramid-shaped magnetic paperclip holder in a bookstore once and bought it. It's about three inches high and looked perfect for putting razor blades in. I removed the magnets for my perpetual motion machine...just kidding .

One thing about pyramids, it is said that you need to put objects in it at the one-third height and that it needs to be oriented to true north. So, I built a stand for the razor and positioned the razor towards north as best as I could (still not sure if it's correct though).

I've been using razor blades (Gillete) ever since but not the multiple blade, disposable types. I find that I can use a blade for as much as four months (I shave everyday). It's not as sharp as before but sharp enough for a clean shave.

Unfortunately, I can't find a place for it that kids or my mother-in-law would not be able to touch it. Kids are kids and a curious bunch they are. My mother-in-law, whenever she's over, can't seem to keep the house tidy enough. She moves it over to wipe underneath. I'm forever trying to adjust it to true north.

So does it work? I wouldn't be the first to say, yes. For one thing, sharp to me may not be sharp to you. All I can say is that the blade is good enough for me. Also note that I am not saying that it sharpens the blade but only that it keeps its sharpness for a longer time.

In reply to #15

03/23/2008 3:20 AM

My friends & I from UP (mostly from Manila Science or Philippine Science-all eng), during our college days, while drinking beer can't comprehend why educated people still entertain these stuff. Duh!

In reply to #50

03/23/2008 5:33 AM

If everybody responded so rigid and narrow minded, we would not have any more inventions or discoveries.

Every person with a working brain knows that no matter how often it gets told, if you have a doubt, the only way to remove that doubt is by finding out yourself. During that process you can learn more than in 20 years of a life with your attitude.

We at CR4 like these discussions as it always comes in to new waters with regards to knowledge, no man knows all unless you are High Lander, immortal and still fight with a long sword.

Register to Reply
Guru
Philippines - Member - New Member Engineering Fields - Instrumentation Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - Who am I?

Good Answers: 51
In reply to #50

03/23/2008 6:59 AM

Maybe it's because too much beer can affect comprehension .

Seriously, back in high school, me and my classmates looked into these things (among other things) and concluded that most of them were nonsense. Some things, however, didn't add up and we each made our own experiments.

We delved into telekenesis, negative ion generators, UFOs, and mind reading.

We also discussed black holes, argued about whether partially inflated tires affected gas consumption, competed on who can memories the value of pi to as many places as he can (best I could do was 9 places), raced each other to mentally calculate math problems, etc.

We had fun doing these things and I guess that was the main reason we did them, for fun. We also learned a lot.

My own daughter is in a Regional Science High School and I always tell her that education's purpose is not just to teach you what others have discovered but to open your mind as well.

In reply to #10

03/21/2008 11:39 AM

Hi,

Please measure the resistance along with temperature. The change/increase in temperature may read higher resistance.

What TVP45 comments is perfectly right.

Canada - Member - Specialized in power electronics

Good Answers: 80
In reply to #5

03/21/2008 9:35 AM

You can certainly experiment if you want but don't make false claims at the first results. Take many measurements then try to come up with a valid theory if you please but state it as a theory, not the truth!

If the carbon of your resistance (assuming that it is a carbon resistor) gets compressed, the electrical resistance should decrease.

The scientific method separate the scientists from the alchemists. Don't fall in the trap. First observation is often wrong.

Nostradamus and his friends used to claim that if you leave a dirty soc and some grain in a dark corner, you will get spontaneous generation of a mouse or two. I am sure this experiment can be repeated but is the conclusion valid?

Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 65
In reply to #18

03/21/2008 2:06 PM

Nostradamus' claim was based on his observations - just like the old belief that maggots spontaneously emerged from rotting meat. The observation was valid, the error was in the supposition of it's cause.

Guru

03/20/2008 4:10 PM

First or all - I went through my pyramid phase in high school and decided it's all bogus nonsense.

But, in order for you to come to the same conclusion you need to do a better experiment.

Get a 4 wire ohmmeter - they are much more precise. Solder or otherwise permanently affix the test probes to the unit under test to eliminate the possibility that your difference is due to how you're holding the probes, or how much pressure you're applying.

Or, use a resistive bridge with one resistor em-pyramided and the other three not - you can get fabulously accurate data this way.

Regulate, or at least monitor, the temperature and humidity.

Keep an identical control sample unem-pyramided to use as a calibration check on your measurements.

Have fun and report back with your findings. I think you're deluded, but I could be wrong.

Register to Reply Good Answer (Score 2)
Guru

In reply to #9

03/20/2008 4:39 PM

Oh, and one more thing to try - instead of an 82 ohm resistor, use larger values - say 10K, 100K, 1M, then a very small percentage change will be a more measurable quantity.

Guru

In reply to #9

03/20/2008 4:52 PM

Good answer on the measurement technique. Laying out a bridge with one leg in the pyramid should be a good test.

Good Answers: 96

03/21/2008 1:32 AM

If necessity is the mother of invention, then curiosity is the mother of discovery, and experimentation is the means for that. Never give up. It is how all things came to be, and in my own experience, the most radical and clever discoveries were made by those who didn't realize "it couldn't be done".

As many have said, though, be honest in your experimentation and don't conclude before the data arrives. Gather as much data as possible. The larger the population of data points the more accurate the curve fit.

Think forensics ... don't conclude first then seek to substantiate your conclusion. Seek evidence, and let the evidence create the conclusion.

I anxiously anticipate the information you gather ... good or bad, expected or not, it will be interesting :-)

Good Answers: 12
In reply to #16

03/21/2008 12:02 PM

Umm..

I never can resist being the one who breaks it up.

Trouble here is he has knowledge of fairly sophisticated instruments and a few of the rest of you come sounding like he does.

So I can't figure out if he is truly an idiot or if he is taking "the piss" of all us technical types, as the British would say, and the few of you are actually the idiot he seems to be trying to look like as a conscious gag.

Now I've done it!

j.

Register to Reply Score 2 for Off Topic
Guru

In reply to #20

03/21/2008 12:38 PM

Nothing can be so amusingly arrogant as a young man who has just discovered an old idea and thinks it is his own.

Sidney J. Harris

And with that I think not of the original poster but of you!

Also this one applies:

Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance.

Will Durant (1885 - 1981)

Seems to me you have arrived! Go rain on somebody else's parade my friend, some of the people here would rather find out and learn.

Guru

Good Answers: 66
In reply to #20

03/21/2008 12:39 PM

I don't know what everyone's base motives are here either, but I can tell you I've known some otherwise very rational people who adamantly believe in the power of crystals, or magnets, or auras, or faith healing. "There are more things in heaven and earth, Jack, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." I am willing to evaluate the results of a well constructed experiment with an open mind.

In reply to #22

03/21/2008 12:47 PM

Well said.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #22

03/21/2008 2:03 PM

While I've never seen any evidence of the power of pyramids - and I have tried, I have had direct personal experience with the "energies", or whatever, given off by crystals, especially amethyst. The presence of amethyst crystals causes a real physical sensation in my limbs, even when I don't know that they are around.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #20

03/21/2008 7:55 PM

Jack,

I really am just intensely curious in this. Personally, I think that this was central to the ancient's technologies, and all the fantastic stories that come down to us as myth, through eons of time. I am a believer in "Sacred Geometry" for I feel it is one thing that resolves the duality of natural phenomena. If you look at natural phenomena, and look for geometry, you will find it in overwhelming abundance, from beehives, to flowers, to um.. well nuclear detonations. It seems to me that the natural world expresses itself geometrically, not just pyramidiots.

I do not seek to belittle anyone, but to share ideas with others, for finding out more about nature. If you wish to criticize this line of thinking, you can start by criticizing Einstein's philosophies in this area. I am not Einstein, but if you are, why are you not encouraging thoughts and ideas, instead of discouranging them?

I'm 47 years old. I am an Engineering and QA manager at a company that manufactures PLC controlled hydraulic pumping units for blowout preventers, for the oil industry. I am an electromechanical technologist, draftsman, programmer, teacher, and artist, construction worker, farmer, furniture builder and father of 3. I have 4000 books, many of which are science and engineering. I am interested in all aspects of science and engineering, and ancient civililzations. We all stand on the shoulders of those who have gone before. Maybe I'm an idiot for exposing my immature thinking to the community here, and a bit of humour and ribbing is fun.. but I don't think I deserve the term "Idiot", and don't accept it.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #30

03/23/2008 8:13 PM

BTW, does anybody know why there are geometric appearing lines around this nuclear detonation? If they were explainable by normal explosive phenomena, they would all be radial from the point of detonation? Here we see lines that appear simultaneously, at a geometric angle (60 deg) from the point of detonation. I take this as evidence of the geometric space-time nature of the event. Bruce Cathie says, in his books on harmonics, that potential nuclear detonations are predictable in both space and time, due to their geometric nature. any ideas?

Register to Reply
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Not a New Member Hobbies - Musician - New Member Hobbies - Fishing - New Member

Good Answers: 467
In reply to #57

03/24/2008 3:44 AM

This came up in a previous thread.

The consensus seemed to be that these were the trails from rockets sent up to provide observational data during the early stages of the detonation.

In reply to #60

03/24/2008 6:25 AM

I reckon that most of these coincidental symetries and hormonics are somehow related to human activities and should not be included in any statement that links them to nature or supernatural.

It is easy to go wrong with interpretations if you don't know what it is your mind goes berzerk on you.

Those lines are vapour trails from the ordenance rockets sent up to take photos in time sequence of the few seconds just after the explosion.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #61

03/24/2008 9:16 AM

I took that image from a video clip. Those trails seemed to appear out of thin air in one or two frames of video, so if they are ordnance rockets, they are moving so fast that the tops and bottoms appear simulaneously. I can be wrong, and will look at the footage again. I've launched model rockets before, and I know they can be fast, but we are talking 1945, and small solid rockets didn't exist I believe.

thanks.

Register to Reply
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Not a New Member Hobbies - Musician - New Member Hobbies - Fishing - New Member

In reply to #65

03/24/2008 7:30 PM

" ... we are talking 1945, and small solid rockets didn't exist ..."

I thought the Chinese came up with small solid rockets a while back?

In reply to #75

03/24/2008 8:05 PM

well... yes.... sort of.. lol.. gunpowder powered rockets.. not exactly what I meant.. you got me.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #60

03/24/2008 9:20 AM

I took that image from a video clip. Those trails seemed to appear out of thin air in one or two frames of video, so if they are ordnance rockets, they are moving so fast that the tops and bottoms appear simulaneously. I can be wrong, and will look at the footage again. I've launched model rockets before, and I know they can be fast, but we are talking 1945, and small solid rockets didn't exist I believe. i will get back to you.

thanks.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #57

03/24/2008 9:58 AM

My google skills are teh awesome:

http://nuclearweaponarchive.org/Usa/Tests/SmokeTrails.html

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #67

03/24/2008 10:38 AM

Nice link. I also read somewhere that some of these rockets that produce the trails had a single use camera on board to photograph the start of the explosion in detail, some nano seconds after it started. It produced never seen before footage of the shockwave beginings and the weird spikes coming out of it at various angles. These are so short and fast that one will never see them without a time sequence snap shot so the cameras were trigered in step a few nano seconds after each other.

If I find the link again I will post it here but it may even have been a link from CR4, forgot now so sorry in advance.

Register to Reply
Participant

In reply to #30

04/03/2008 5:15 AM

BRAVO

io sono con te! I am with you

03/21/2008 7:08 AM

dear chris

I am fascinated with the pyramids too (from 30 years) but I think if you want to do a proof with a true pyramid (that is not a magic) you must build a solid pyramid with a natural stone (or concrete or briks... something natural that belongs to the ground, as you know, peaks have phisical powers and a pyr is a peak) make only a litle hole inside, better if this cavity is in upper quart . The pyr (focus) works ONLY ON the ground !!!!

In reply to #17

03/21/2008 8:34 PM

Yes, I think that the earth is the source of the energies, not 'cosmic' energies as has sometimes been suggested. thanks

Anonymous Poster

03/21/2008 2:02 PM

Reminds me of an old pseudo scientific article I read years ago that was about the Egyptian pyramids. The thrust of the article was that the pyramid shape focused cosmic energy that contributed to the preservation and mummification of the burials – so I built one precisely using all the proper angle and dimensions using aluminum. I put a dead Vole my cat had offered me as a present under it to see if it would mummify – it rotted.

Register to Reply
Guru
Popular Science - Weaponology - Cardio-7

Good Answers: 10

03/21/2008 2:50 PM

I think you've been brain washed by the kooks that sell model pyramids for sharpening razor blades and knives. There are people who swear that they were abducted by little people in flying saucers and had strange things done to them. And there are millions of people who believe if they buy enough lottery tickets, their turn will come! I think a billion times more human energy was used to build the pyramids than any "energy" was generated by them. But you're entitled to your opinions, scientific or not. What do you think of the theory that the pyramids in Egypt and in Mexico (Teotehuacan, etc) were actually teleportation devices and allowed instantaneous teleportation of people and objects between the two places? Perhaps between distant planets and Earth? But I do know that the pyramids meant the death of thousands of people. If not tombs, why are the "royal" mummies found in them? Were they perhaps at the controls of the power generators?

Register to Reply
Anonymous Poster
In reply to #27

03/21/2008 4:19 PM

Also, there is some evidence that the main pyramid at Giza was used earlier as an astro(nomical/logical), observatory as is evidenced by certain coincidences in the "Main Gallery" portion of the upper pathway.

It has always been rather astonishing to me that early egyptians were able to achieve and maintain rather tight controls in the construction of their pyramids, both horizontally (ie: squareness) and vertically (ie: angular consistency), particularly given the relatively crudeness of their basic tools. I suspect that surface blocks were finely trimmed to size after being placed in their final positions. I also think that, in the larger projects, the final surfacing blocks may well have been installed from the top, down, with the scaffolding, reamping, etc., also being removed as the work-head retreated back to the bottom of the pyramid. Notice that Aztec-type pyramids did not tend to have smoothly-finished surfacing stones on the sloped surfaces like the final egyptian pyramids did.

In any case, Aztec-type pyramids were fundamentally different from egyptian ones because aztec pyramids tended to start out rather small in the smaller cities, and grew in size as the importance of the surrounding city grew, by adding on layers to the entire outside, thereby repetitively encasing the original small pyramid in several pyramid-shaped shell-layers, over time.

Egyptian pyramids started out as one-layer masabas (ie: rectangular burial mounds), and "grew" by adding sequentially smaller flat layers on top of each other. This essentially ended-up with the biggest pharoah having to have the biggest stack of layers, that also had to be the most geometrically perfect (ie: smooth-sided) and being the most impressively faced one, with each new pharoah, up through Cheop's reign, at least ?. Also, the fundamental proportions were noticably different from Aztec-type pyramids.

So, while both functioned somewhat as regal tombs, they are also constructed significantly different from each other. So, I think it is a significant oversight to group them very closely together as being from the same source...

In any case, since both civilizations "folded", any such power of a pyramid hasn't done either of them much good, so far, has it ?...

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #27

03/21/2008 11:12 PM

Actually there is a significant lack of burials in the big pyramids, and those they have found show evidence of being an 'instrusive burial'; meaning the archeological strata that is consistent with the construction of the pyramid is not consistent with the date of the burial, etc. Also, there is no valid evidence to show that the great pyramids were built with manual labour of any sort. All the folk tales from clay tablets or other sources speak of the stones being moved 'to the sound of music' or similar stories.

While I do think that quantum physics does enter into the the answers for the strange pyramid energies, I doubt they involve teleportation. In my opinion, quantum physics is best described as geometric motion of matter/energy.

I believe that the Egyptologists have never been introduced to Occam's Razor. They keep going on about the tombs and slavery, when there is no significant evidence to support it, only conjecture of people who have no idea of the kind of technology that would really be required to produce the results that are evident. Namely, the great pyramid was described by Piazzi-Smith to be a an object 480 feet high, and created with a precision equivalent on modern optics, with 2.2 million blocks of stone, some from as far away as 100 miles. Most of the features would seriously, still not be able to be produced by modern society.

In addition to this discussion, there is also a lot of mystery involved in the execution of the great cathedrals of Europe, and also the monolithic churches in Ethiopia cut out of solid rock, probably by the original templars. It is theorized that they had rediscovered the ancient stone cutting technology of the ancients, especially the temple of Solomon in Jerusalem, who forbade the use of hammers in it's construction.

Is it not possible that there were real technologies that have simply passed out of awareness in the mists of time, which enabled the ancient monolithic constructions around the globe. There must be a thousand examples of pyramids and other impossible constructions in stone, where massive blocks were quarried, moved, dressed, and positioned with incredible accuracy. Baalbek, Sacsayhuayman, Stonehenge, etc.

Without such technologies, the evidence is that ancient man spent astronomical amounts of energy and time to construct useless things such as pyramids and stone circles. why? Why? Why!

Register to Reply
Associate

In reply to #36

03/23/2008 2:48 PM

"Why? why? why!"

Hi Chris,

It seems likely that Lyall Watson and his book "Supernature", published in 1973 has to take some responsibility for "pyramid mania". On the cover of the copy I have here, it was even endorsed by New Scientist with the line "A fascinating feast of cosmic law and order . . . compelling reading".

I would suggest that the Great Pyramid was designed to send a lasting message far into the future. Its designers and the artisans who built it wanted us and those who might come after us, to know that they were not primitive people, that they understood astronomy, mathematics, materials and that they were capable of great engineering. Of course such a massive project would need financing – and what better way perhaps than to offer a wealthy and egocentric ruler "immortality" in return for the necessary funds and manpower.

It might be worth considering, that apart from nuclear waste, what could we offer as a lasting memorial for distant future generations to wonder over.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #54

03/23/2008 5:42 PM

The digital vaults of CR4 will be kept forever. Be scared, very scared for your reply will live for eternity.

Guru

In reply to #54

03/23/2008 8:12 PM

I think that there is a lot of very interesting research that has been done since the 70's on pyramids and the great pyramid most of all. There is a significant body of mathematical information that has been developed over the last 30 years with regards to the pyramids, archeoastronomy, the science of harmonics, and the great pyramid. I can't remember where, but I did read somewhere that the great pyramid had the solution to the trisection of an angle in it, regardless of trigonmetric proofs to the contrary. I have collected every book and article, movie or clip that I have been able to find on the subject of the great pyramid, and I think we are just getting started understanding what it is, and what it represented.

I have been in nuclear facilities, semiconductor plants, large factories, north america's largest saw mill, drilling rig fab shops, etc. I still think that the monolithic constructions of the most ancient times express a technology and intention beyold all of this. When we discover more of the operational characteristics of the pyramid energies, we will begin to understand how they were used as power plants, and many other things. I find it remarkable how much the Grand Gallery resembles a giant laser resonance chamber. If you read in Christopher Dunn's book, you will discover that he predicted that helmholtz resonators must have been used in the grand gallery. Subsequently they have found a large number (hundreds) of helmholtz resonators, and that is simply one of the details that support the idea of the great pyramid as a power plant.

If you read Zecharia Sitchin, he says that the ancient clay tablets state that this was one of the designed purposes of the pyramid. Other uses stated were for communications, and as a weapon against aircraft. This would be coincidentally, what you would expect of a laser/maser of that dimension. Is it possible that 2.2 million tons of stone might generate a piezoelectric effect? Is it possible that this electrical charge might be able to electrolyze water or peroxide into hydrogen and oxygen? You know that the pyramid used to be surounded by water?

If you read Sitchin, you also know that the sumerian tablets say that the ancients used to use pyramids to extract gold out the seawater. (can this be done with electrolysis?)

There are popularizer's of ancient mysteries, in Graham Hancock and others, but what about the mathematical work done by Bruce Cathie in his books on harmonics? He has chapters on the great pyramid. Sacred geometry is considered 'sacred' by the ancients because they felt that it was the basis of our universe. I don't think that modern physicists are inclined to disagree, from what I read.

I think that there is much more information to be reviewed by serious scientists than there was in the 70's. I may not be a scientist, but I will continue to gather information for decades to come. thats a promise. Let us find out what there is to know about it. What was it that kept the ancients so fascinated by these structures? Why was the great pyramid considered to be the 'ultimate' construction, if it was simply a tomb? I think we are being terribly misled by the consensus-thinking egyptologists. We must look outside of archeoology and look to science and engineering for the answers. From what we now know, this structure embodies mathematical and engineering feats that are staggering, and still beyond our level of understanding and execution.

If not, let's hear from those qualified in mathematics and engineering, who think that they can reproduce this! If any here are at that very advanced level of mathematics and engineering, and they study what was involved, they will soon discover a challenge of epic proportions.

chris

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #56

03/24/2008 10:20 AM

If we're going to get our history from the "ancient texts" then we may also believe that Set killed Osirus, and chopped him into 14 pieces, which Isis then recovered and reassembled, save for the penis which she replaced with gold, and then reanimated and had intercourse with, resulting in the birth of the god, Horus, who BTW, had the head of a hawk.

I don't hold with the idea that the pyramids are beyond our understanding and technology. It's relatively easy to build something big and straight, if you use the stars to align it. It's relatively easy to make it perfectly level if you build a mud brick perimeter and flood it with water. Ropes, rafts, inclined planes, leverage, a good understanding of geometry, good bookkeeping and a few thousand off-season farmers go a long ways toward building a pyramid.

As for the hidden mysteries of pyramid mathematics - it's relatively easy to read almost anything into their dimensions, because the exact dimensions are not known - the outer casing having been stripped away many years ago.

If the Egyptians had built 100 story tall towers, or suspension bridges, or the Suez canal, I would be very impressed indeed. But a pyramid is the most simple and most basic shape imaginable. Much more stable and easier to build than a simple cube.

It seems obvious to me that the Egyptians built the pyramids precisely because they didn't have the technology to do anything else. They are indeed a huge achievement - but we don't need to look any further than the available technology of the time to explain them.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #68

03/24/2008 11:50 AM

There is much about that story that is unknown. Along with that story is how isis then used her energy weapons to chase down Ra (Set) and entomb him inside his famous creation (great pyramid) after which she proceed to try to destroy it, which may be the real reason that the casing stones are removed from the exterior.

There is also a theory that there was originally a system of canal and locks from the river to the pyramid that was used to transport the stone barges to the pyramid. (not my favourite theory, but a theory just the same)

As for it being easy, all I'm asking is for a simple reproduction of the efforts, which given our 'modern' technology, it should be easy. The only thing I've seen recently that comes close is the building of the confederation bridge to PEI. however, the ancient egyptians didn't have this kind of technology for all we know.

and of equivalent age and technology is the trilithon in baalbek lebanon. 65 feet long and 15 foot square blocks of stone, quarried a mile away, and put into a wall 15 feet up, with astonishing precision. The romans built their largest temple ever (jupiter) on top of those ruins, and their achievements were simple in comparison to the really ancient works, and surely it was the romans who used slave labour to do it.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #70

03/24/2008 12:12 PM

for that matter, just to show our superior savoir-faire, how about we just move that one piece of stone that is still in the quarry in baalbek. not even cut it, just move it that one mile, and raise it up 15 feet, and position it to 0.01 precision as the others were.. without the use of iron. how about that simple thing.. can we do that? wouldn't cost as much as building a pyramid. If lebanon won't permit the changes to it's historical site, then we would be forced to cut our own, and move it from somewhere in NA. if it is so simple, this should be no great deal.... right?

Register to Reply
Anonymous Poster
In reply to #71

03/24/2008 12:55 PM

The ancients did not have iron, its true, but they also didn't have OSHA to deal with either!

Guru

In reply to #68

03/25/2008 9:41 AM

Bhankii,

I can't agree that a pyramid is the simplest form of construction, if you are building one with a consistent face angle. I have now built a pyramid, from more than one block of styrofoam, and I can attest that, even building from a square base, does not ensure you will end up with a point. It takes great skill with the measuring, marking, and cutting to produce a consistent face x 4. the great pyramid accomplishes this with immense precision, and don't forget that each of those faces is also inset slightly to produce a concavity. One must build a pyramid to see that it is not the "simplest". square constructions are far easier to accomplish imho. chris

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #82

03/25/2008 10:18 AM

Stake a rope at each of the four corners. Stand on top. The point where the four ropes are equal length is the point.

I read about an ornithologist who was down in the jungles of South America looking for a particular species of hummingbird. He described the bird to the native hunters and offered a reward for specimens. The next day the hunters returned with several dead birds. The ornithologist complained that the dead birds weren't suitable (for mounting) because their bodies had been so mangled by the hunters. The next day the hunters returned with several more dead birds - each one shot with a dart from a blow gun through the eye. The point being that we always underestimate the abilities of "simple" people. The Egyptians built, and managed, the greatest civilization of ancient times. Their skills as builders are being doubt. I think they could manage to find the center of a square.

Register to Reply Good Answer (Score 3)
Guru

In reply to #83

03/25/2008 10:33 AM

good point.

Register to Reply
Guru
Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member United Kingdom - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 662
In reply to #84

03/25/2008 2:43 PM

Bravo well said... and 'stoneage' man could flake a flint arrowhead. They had skills which suited their prevailing technology...just as we do today.

Beware of modern day 'experts', who pontificate on subects about which they know nothing practical.

Del

Good Answers: 1

03/21/2008 4:50 PM

I'm not sure if I really believe in the existence of "Pyramid Energy" since most experiments I have observed have, at best, yielded inconclusive results.

However, in all fairness, most of these experiments are using materials such as plywood, glass, plastic, paper and in your case Chris, Styrofoam to construct the pyramid. Some experiments have used metals, ferrous and non-ferrous also with inconclusive results. I don't think metals are the route to take and I will explain why in a later paragraph.

If there is any truth to the pyramid energy theory, it might be worth looking into using natural materials with an aligned or at least somewhat aligned crystalline structure, such as the the materials used by the ancient Egyptians. I believe granite and marble fall into this category but since I am not a geologist or metallurgist I am not completely sure.

We can't stop there. Once we have found a suitable material, we will need to determine the alignment and ascertain the correct positioning of the layers (blocks) to enhance the focusing effect, most likely an equilateral triangular placement of the materials grain would be in order (Ya' think?). We'll leave it to the math wizards to figure that one out.

Now, as to the use of refined metals. I suspect they would actually have an adverse affect on the generation of pyramid energy.

Metals tend to block penetration of radio waves, x-rays, light, some sub-atomic particles and so on. They just my be inclined to block the mysterious pyramid energy as well.

There is also the matter of resonance. Most refined metals do not resonate at higher frequencies very well, conversely, crystalline structures do and I suspect resonance may play a large part in the generation of pyramid energy if it exists.

That's my two cents worth anyway...Good Luck!

In reply to #29

03/21/2008 8:10 PM

Another point to consider (while I remain very sceptical of any genuine effects) is scale.

Taking for example a model 1m on the side, and hoping to observe effects attributed to "the real thing" (say, 100m on the side) - there's a factor of 1003 (= 1,000,000) in volume (and so possibly in effect). Even more dramatic when comparing a desk-top model with a "proper" Egyptian job - could be talking 109.

In reply to #29

03/21/2008 9:09 PM

Yes. All the more interesting insofar as this is supposed to be an engineering site which incidentally, because many things with which we deal every day impinge on engineering concepts, has attracted folks of various skills, knowledge, etc.

I, for instance, am not an engineer, although I went to a very fine pre-engineering high school, and have spent much of my life in industry, either as a printer or as an multi-crafted maintenance technician.

The basis of my ability to function in that manner was an understanding of the relationships of all things material and hence of the science that underlies the various things with which we deal in the industrial world.

Chris is not unusual although fortunately fairly rare in engineering and related functions such as industrial production facilities. Even then such as Chris, for now I see some of you are not simply "taking the piss," are fairly rare. If not, can you see how many more industrial "accidents," injuries and deaths we would have, if in industry we did not usually, even as obnoxious as some of them might be, have tight supervision, by supervisory staff that would immediately control such unfounded notions.

How many of you would, without first carefully explaining the fallacious basis of the sort of thinking Chris is here putting forward, expose your children to this, yes, nonsense.

As I said elsewhere here, I am intrigued that tuning in on these many pages, skills, and schools of engineering knowledge, are people from the less industrialized countries who thrust by economics into operation and maintenance of industrial equipment and process, seek to understand and deal with such equipment.

Can you see the chaos and accidents that might occur if we advised some that perhaps they could sharpen their paper cutter, or worse, metal cutter knives by placing them under a pyramid, or if using hand held knifes sharpening those in the same manner?

I am well aware that many here, outside industry, hold ideas that are not based in an apprehension of the fact that all that exists is material and that the order we perceive in that existence is really the dialectical expression of our brain structures as reflection of the orderly expression and development of the natural world.

It starts with the natural world and the ordered relationships there! It does not start with the nonsense and disorder of pyramid theory!

It does not start, for instance, with the order induced (For in a certain material way it too is ordered) in the mind of a supervisor imbibing alcohol and then directing workers, I among them, in how to proceed in repair of large, dangerous, bakery production machines, whereupon, when management did not discharge the supervisor as a menace to all of us working in that bakery I quit and retired on social security.

So Chris is exactly what I conjectured given his knowledge of the tools and procedures of industry. And outside the areas of their special skills there are many, just like the physicist Einstein, who have odd notions about material reality.

Nonetheless, I would bet that if indeed he works as an engineer or technician Chris would not dare to put in practice some of the notions he here proposes. He would be fired instantly.

Some of you might indeed have some fun with this. Some of you might think in a similar manner.

But for all the folks tuning in here from areas where they are first being exposed to industrial operations and practices it is important, and they should note, that everything rational is material. Rational thinking and practice starts with the material universe and is derived from that universe, not the obverse as some might conclude from Chris and one or two others here.

Pardon me if I have offended some of you by being hard-nosed. Nonetheless, given our world-wide audience and the industrial nature of this site, I think taking down what Chris is proposing, is essential to the safety of all we work, or in my case worked, with in industry.

Jack Jersawitz, 404-892-1238, bigjackjj@yahoo.com

Register to Reply Score 2 for Off Topic
Guru

In reply to #33

03/21/2008 9:51 PM

oh, clearly I have misjudged you. Now that I understand that I am simply an inferior being, everything makes sense. Of course, I have no business whatsoever muddling about in scientific inquiry, or even engineering.

However, as I am intensely curious about megalithic geometric structures, I shall now be equally interested in your EGO!

chris

Register to Reply Good Answer (Score 4)
Guru

In reply to #34

03/22/2008 1:56 AM

Chris,

Scientific inquiry does not start with unsupported notions without sufficient material data from which to at least draw a working hypothesis.

It certainly does not start from fascination with all sorts of mystical claims supported by nothing but empty speculations, the speculations themselves based on air.

At any rate my real concern here, because if I wanted to it is too easy to beat up on somebody as unschooled as you appear to be no matter your credentials in engineering or industry, is with the numerous individuals lacking the good fortune you apparently enjoy but forced to work in conditions and places where they have not had educations in even the basics they are forced to deal with.

I had noticed here from time to time questions posed that attracted answers from others who clearly did not have the slightest idea as to what they were talking about.

I might even have let your nonsense go by except that one of the questions posed dealt with using magnetism in an operation for which, in my opinion and industrial experience, it was clearly inappropriate and potentially dangerous.

There too, with insufficient information, and in some cases with insufficient science, answers were being tossed out.

I, and others, pointed out the problem and the danger, and after that the inquirer, in China, seemed to be unmoved and desirous of continuing.

Having offered the best and safest advice it was time to move on.

Then I ran into your nonsense and thought a point should be made as far as the potential for such stuff on an engineering web site where questions are being asked by folks who might not be capable, for whatever reason, to properly evaluate the answers they are given.

The difference between this web site, and others where I sometimes participate, is that whilst the others are given to intellectual problems that may have social consequences, any consequences they may have could not be as immediately disastrous as using an electromagnet in a steel warehouse to lift and move heavy loads.

There is often an immediacy to what we talk about here that I think requires careful thought on the part of those who offer answers.

'Nuff said.

j.

Register to Reply
Power-User
Hobbies - Musician - New Member Engineering Fields - Manufacturing Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 20
In reply to #39

03/22/2008 2:21 AM

Jack

Do you Really believe that a discussion here of experimentation with pyramids will cause someone to harm themselves? Even if they tried the experiments for themselves?

Hmmm...

In reply to #41

03/22/2008 6:47 AM

Yes. I got mouse finger from posting dumb answers.

In reply to #42

03/22/2008 9:15 AM

Can you sue somebody for that?

Subsequently he could now argue he is up his own fundamentals which is our fault, oh dear, we are in so much trouble.

Guru

In reply to #43

03/22/2008 9:29 AM

This is America. We can sue anybody!

Since you brought it up, I must tell what I think is a funny story. About ten years ago, a lady driver ran a stop sign, crossed into my lane and struck me almost head on. She admitted she had turned around to "flip the bird" to a driver in the other lane that she almost hit first and, so, didn't see me. I was only bruised and scraped and her insurance company replaced my car, so I had no particular beef. Well, she ended up suing me on the grounds that I should have recognized she was a bad driver from her erratic behavior and pulled off the road. Furthermore, her husband sued me for "loss of consortium" saying she was so upset by the accident, she hadn't wanted relations with him. It went to arbitration and I won by a 2 to 1 vote (she was blonde and pretty and wore attractive clothing to the hearing). Only in America!

In reply to #44

03/22/2008 9:40 AM

OMG! 2-1? How much did you stand to lose?

In reply to #45

03/22/2008 1:28 PM

I think it was $75,000. The hardest part was not getting sarcastic as I testified.

In reply to #48

03/22/2008 2:00 PM

Sorry to be so off topic I could be in the next galaxy looking at pyramids but......what does this 2 to 1 mean in your legal system? They vote on it like a jury?

After watching Judge Judy () I thought your legal system rocked. A Judge with common sense and a sense of humour, send her over here please.

We only have judges here that do not convict pedophiles on the grounds that a 10 year old girl wears slutty clothes and could be passed for a 16 year old. I would like to know what is on his frigging computer the bastard.

Power-User

Good Answers: 3
In reply to #48

03/24/2008 7:49 AM

What bothers me is that one out of three sitting in judgement is and idiot. ( In this case, and it seems, most others )

In reply to #62

03/25/2008 8:58 AM

Did I mention he kept drooling ever time she crossed her legs? Sex always trumps logic.

In reply to #81

06/18/2008 3:47 PM

Tell the truth - would you have felt any more comfortable had he drooled every time YOU crossed your legs?

Guru

In reply to #39

03/22/2008 10:20 AM

Jack

You are right in that it doesn't start with material data. I think that is the point. But what makes you think you know all that I know about pyramids, that I didn't put into my post. There is much I could have said, or I could have printed every pyramid fact I know. (ie: it isn't magnetic energy that causes the phenomena.)

Thanks for the unneeded science lesson, Teacher, and for looking out for public safety unnecessarily, Officer. But you violate your own premises, for you are drawing unfounded conclusions about me, my knowledge, and my experiment, with significant lack of data about any of it, and your conclusions appear to be rather damning.

Therefore, I do not accept your theorizing at this time, as it is unsupported by your data.

Chris

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 96
In reply to #33

03/21/2008 10:23 PM

<< Pardon me if I have offended some of you ... >>

No problem, sir ... I think you have only managed to offend yourself.

In reply to #33

03/21/2008 11:27 PM

You have certainly made a fool of yourself.

Register to Reply
Power-User
Hobbies - Musician - New Member Engineering Fields - Manufacturing Engineering - New Member

In reply to #33

03/22/2008 1:52 AM

OMG!! Jack...Jack...Jack...such a lengthy diatribe.....

Yet so little coherent substance....

03/22/2008 2:10 AM

Hi chris,

I'm all for your experimentation with pyramids. I hope you are able to follow some of the methods prescribed by others here to tighten up your experiments to hopefully produce unbiased results.

I don't think you'll acheive the results you're looking for but that's just my opinion.

There may be something about the correct alignment of the pyramid that affects lines of magnetism. Who knows?

Good luck and I look forward to hearing about your results at a future date.

Jeff

03/22/2008 9:41 AM

Look, stay around. Most of us have ideas that others think are off-the-wall (I'm personally commited to trisecting an angle - which is impossible and I can prove that) and we poke fun at others and get fun poked at us. But, we're not really mean people (except, possibly, for the one guru that California Light and Power keeps locked in a Hannibal Lechter cage near Fremont).So, you'll get your turn to do humorous posts. And, to add a QC point of view to some serious ones.

03/23/2008 3:57 AM

Hi chris,

Just a quick question. I'm afraid that I'm not totally up-to-date about any recent developments on this subject but, have there been any recent (or older) experiments done using fruit, razor blades or the possibility of energy production (like charging batteries) in the actual Giza pyramids?

I know the egyptian gov. can be a little picky about what they allow. Any current info that you might have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jeff

In reply to #51

03/24/2008 6:54 PM

Jeff, I believe the Egyptians put a dead guy in one pyramid and two days later he woke up sober.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #51

03/24/2008 7:56 PM

Although I can't attest to the veracity of any of the data or findings, I think you will find interesting reading at these websites. of course I think Zecharia Sitchin presents a most comprehensive picture of the origins of mankind and all this megalithic architecture. I recommend reading the entire earth chronicles series. I also think that Christopher Dunn is on the right track.

http://www.sitchin.com/

http://www.gizapower.com/

http://www.antigravitymovie.com/pages/cathie.htm

http://www.gizapyramid.com/

http://pyramids.blog.com/1325178/

I can think of several statements that are interesting.

1. dead cats and rodents found in the pyramids were clearly mummified

2. napoleon bonapart spent some time alone lying in the sarcophagus, and became deeply disturbed about it, stating it affected his mind, and years later still had nightmares about it.

3. radiographic surveys of the pyramid, when searching for hidden chambers, yielded different and unexpected results for measurements taken in the same spots on different days.

4. food seems to extend its preservation, even under the simplest of pyramid shapes.

Register to Reply
Power-User

In reply to #76

03/25/2008 4:12 AM

Hi chris,

Thank you for the links. I perused them but found more questions than answers.

In regards to the several interesting statements:

1. dead cats and rodents found in the pyramids were clearly mummified

I would have to say that a good reason for mummification would be the extraordinarily dry climate.

2. napoleon bonapart spent some time alone lying in the sarcophagus, and became deeply disturbed about it, stating it affected his mind, and years later still had nightmares about it.

I'm not sure if I can wrap myself around a statement made by napoleon because I don't think he was "wrapped" too tight to begin with.

3. radiographic surveys of the pyramid, when searching for hidden chambers, yielded different and unexpected results for measurements taken in the same spots on different days.

I'm having problems with the term "radiographic" since that denotes x-rays or gamma rays requiring a receiving medium...how were they accomplished?

4. food seems to extend its preservation, even under the simplest of pyramid shapes.

I can't find any data against controls that proves that statement to be true.

When there is the possibility that something(s) else is causing a certain result, then that possibilty(s) has to be taken into consideration before a final result can be considered.

If pyramids truly are the Godsend that many believe them to be, then who cares What makes them work. If somebody can show valid proof that they can prolong the shelf-life of Anything, I will be the first to apply for a large federal grant to produce as many as possible and ship them FREE to anyone who doesn't have ready access to power or means for refrigeration so they can keep food longer with the possibility of reducing hunger.

We've beaten this dead horse enough.

Do your experiments and report back with the results.

Hobbies - HAM Radio - CE3AM....4X4SW....CE3NSW

03/23/2008 8:37 PM

Assuming that you are not equipped to run sophisticated tests, but you will need more than one identical system to prove your point. the more meters/resistors you install the better.

But you can also shorten the process. use (more than one) strain gauge bridges. you will have instant results, as the strain gauge will react immediately to any mechanical force acting upon a strip of metal it has been glued to. I would build a solid frame at the exact pyramid base dimensions, using several strain gauges at different points on the frame, and measure all of them continuously over extended time, hopefully using a simple data logging system, for further mathematical (statistical) analysis. You Will be able to see changes as they accrue immediately upon lowering the frame around the pyramid. To learn more about strain gauge analysis go to wikipedia for "strain gauge" or to: www.vishay.com .

Let us know how you are progressing. Not that I believe that you will end up with any positive conclusions to your theory, But I will NEVER say no to any trial I have not carried out myself - and failed...

Wangito.

Hobbies - HAM Radio - New Member Engineering Fields - Mechanical Engineering - New Member United States - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 22

03/23/2008 8:40 PM

I find Jack's attitude more unbelievable than many of the pryamid theories. Sure, the pyramid theories smack of occultism, but is that an excuse to dismiss the scientific inquiries of others? Or for someone to not even attempt experiments?

I can imagine several experiments that could be done on pyramids, just to discover what would happen under certain circumstances.

One experiment involves a set of small, solid pyramids all made to the same dimensions and made of the same material. One is kept in a chamber at a steady temperature and humidity as a control. Others are subjected to variations in temperature and humidity, vibrations, electricity, atmospheric pressure, etc. Then the pyramids are measured to see if any changes in dimensions have taken place. The experiment could be repeated with pyramids made of other materials.

Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member

03/24/2008 8:21 AM

Could all of this have any relationship to "Closet shrinkage", where the dry air in a closet shrinks the clothes you store there in the Fall so that they no longer fit in the Spring?

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #63

03/24/2008 8:28 AM

No, that is due to the winter being boring and we all drink too much beer to pass the time.

Register to Reply
Anonymous Poster
In reply to #64

03/24/2008 3:50 PM

I suspect that the underlying issue is that none of us are doing as well with (the Ladies) as we might like, and so, we resort to blathering on about things that the overwhelming majority of us are not going to be able to experimentally verify in any case... So, this is our alternative social life that is rather antisocial, in character, and not all that scientific, in method... Our time would probably be better spent in trying to work out less cheesy pickup lines, theoretically at least... Say, did you hear the one about the three pharoahs that went into a bar, and ....

Register to Reply
Power-User
Engineering Fields - Mechanical Engineering - Member Engineering Fields - Manufacturing Engineering - Member

Location: Honeydew, South Africa, 26° 04' 50" Lat, 27° 54' 59" Long

03/25/2008 2:45 AM

Hi Chris. First. Don't let anyone/anybody/anything throw you in your search for answers. The human nature predicts that there will always be the ones for, and the ones against. Usually the ones against are by far the most. What you should also look at in the whole pyramid-building saga is this. Why is it that all the pyramids are perfectly aligned with the stars? It also matches the images from mars that were taken from NASA. So the pyramids, the stars and the images on mars all are perfectly aligned. How, and for what purpose, I don't know. Let us know what you find.

Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member United Kingdom - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 662

03/25/2008 3:41 AM

I do not believe they were ever built as tombs. That's simply ridiculous.
???.

Some of the worlds greatest structures are built for reasons far less sensible...Just look at all the cathedrals which took hundreds of years to build...The 'reason' is equally nonsensical..unles you consider it's about maintaining a powerbase of supression over the population..(Excuse my jaded view of religion)

Del

PS. I believe Stinky Pete aranges his cardboad boxes into a pyramid....

03/25/2008 10:59 AM

I have never been able to understand how this ancient knowledge, if it existed, was lost. There was the ability to record the history of the time why not the technical knowledge?

In reply to #85

03/25/2008 11:56 AM

War, Hatred, Genocide, etc.. plus the burning of the library of Alexandria, plus time, plus lost languages. Don't forget that the ancients also had a tradition of verbal memorization, and most of the enlightened ones were priests, and they hoarded and secreted the knowledge to keep it sacred and secure. What we are currently learning is from libraries that are not lost, like all that clay tablets from the library of Ashurbanipal in the ancient city of Ninevah (Hittites) who were came after the sumerians. There are thousands of clues, but whole libraries do help.

Zecharia Sitchin, has spent the last 35 years deciphering this and many other sources to produce his Earth Chronicles series of books.

The egyptian priests knowledge that was available to Herodotus has disappeared with those priests, but part of it was transferred to other cultures like greek, hebrew, and ethiopian, but no one has all the info. The spanish, when conquering the new world, destroyed thousands of codices of historical information, and melted the gold and silver down, which also was engraved with much history.

I don't think it matters where you look, war and empire building has destroyed so much culture, architecture and historical documents that it is a wonder we have anything at all... remember the nazis, the spanish inquisition and the oh yes, don't forget the roman catholic church, with their editing of the bible, and destruction of competing theologies. Most of those books were historical documents (see sitchin again) it goes on and on.

Register to Reply
Anonymous Poster
In reply to #86

06/18/2008 3:59 PM

Yes, all well and good, but (please don't take this wrong, it's meant in good humor) sometimes a pile of rocks is only a pile of rocks - it isn't always a cathedral.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #85

03/25/2008 5:50 PM

I don't understand how it was lost, either, but here's another example of some lost technology - the Antikythera Mechanism.

[Edit -unless it was an elaborate hoax - and I missed the denouement]

United States - US - Statue of Liberty - Sworn to preserve and protect Engineering Fields - Nanoengineering - How tiny is it? APIX Pilot Plant Design Project - Member - Good idea. Engineering Fields - Engineering Physics - Engineering Fields - Energy Engineering - Energy in Transition

Good Answers: 15

03/26/2008 4:40 PM

A lot of environmental issues are known to impact resistance. Even if all were controlled it is not clear what impact there is to a tiny change in resistance. It would be more clearly significant to demonstrate an increased potential for doing work as a pure result of proximity to your pyramid.

For instance, one might use a capacitor. Short its leads to one another for long enough to ensure no charge exists. Place it in the test position. Measure voltage on it to ensure none. Return in a pariodic basis to measure the charge on it. Do the same with others in other nearby locations within the same envrionment. Compare results. Repeat many times.

Most important: Run statistical analysis of results to identify uncertainty and confidence as well as magnitude of results for both test and control. Many would inherently question positive results. Carefull control and throrough statistical analysis will tend to minimize this response even amoung those who would never invest in the effort.

What caused this change? Was it the pyramid energies?

03/27/2008 7:40 AM

dear chris

I have read the article "an arab who got the shock of his life on the summit" in one of your links, as always I found a lot of STRANGE MISTERIUOS ad so on .... for your knowledge: the pyramidion (socalled "capstone") was also the project and the design of pyr, never leave the center of the "building site" and when the level rise also the pyramidion rise; that's why the dimensions can be larger than a ramp.... In the case of kufu it was covered in gold and explode at first tunderbolt, the rest of alfdestroied pyramidion fall down later on by earthquakes....

have you find something strange in your experiment ? greetings f.p.

04/02/2008 8:16 PM

do not believe they were ever built as tombs. That's simply ridiculous.

they decided to bury people in them only as an afterthought??

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #92

04/03/2008 8:58 AM

no bodies were found in the big pyramids.

Register to Reply
Anonymous Poster
In reply to #94

06/26/2008 10:40 PM

No bodies were found in the big pyramids because those big pyramids offered the biggest promise of higher-valued items to be pilfered (ie: by assorted, sundry, grave-robbers, probably with a little help from corrupt, undercompensated, temple priests, etc...), and the mummies are known to have had items of high value wrapped in to the mummy wrappings as the mummy was in the process of being wrapped for mummification. Hence, even the bodies had value to the grave-robbers.

Several (deep penetration radar-like) surveys of the various pyramids have been creditably conducted, and areas of relative void have been found in said pyramids. It would seem unreasonable, therefore, not to allow for the possibility that one or more of said relative voids will eventually be found to contain all, or part of, a dead body, even if only of an unfortunate member of the pyramid construction crew... Some how, some way, some day, some sort of body remains will be found therein...

Register to Reply
Guru
Popular Science - Cosmology - New Member

Good Answers: 16

04/16/2009 12:46 PM

Hi Chris,

I havn't read Dunns' book, but you might try Peter Tompkins' books on 'The Mysteries of the Mexican Pyramids' and the Egyptian pyramids.

I think the variation in your resistance is within the normal 3% allowable for an off the shelf ohmmeter.

Carl

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

3Doug (1); Anonymous Hero (1); Anonymous Poster (12); bhankiii (7); Cardio07 (1); case491 (10); chrisg288 (22); Conrads (1); CSM Engineer (1); DCaD (2); ddphillips (1); Del the cat (2); FlyBlue (1); francopoli (3); High Lander (1); Jack Jersawitz (3); JasBond (2); JohnDG (5); M.M. Kasture (1); marcot (1); Rega451 (1); snygolfgs (5); Tippycanoe (1); TVP45 (9); v1sor (1); Vulcan (2); wangito (1)

Previous in Forum: Electrical Wiring Question   Next in Forum: Share Market

Advertisement