Previous in Forum: Orbits of Planets and Comets   Next in Forum: Capacitor to Power Airplane
Close
Close
Close
30 comments
Anonymous Poster

Strange Space Ships

10/09/2010 5:26 PM

20 years ago there was lot of talk about strange spaceships come from unknown planets and land on our earth then suddenly disappear.

Is that was real thing or just superstition ?

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru
Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member Engineering Fields - Piping Design Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 780

Re: Strange space ships

10/09/2010 5:53 PM

Before then there was the 1938 invasion from Mars...but that was from a known planet.

In reply to #1

10/09/2010 6:12 PM

Some details please about 1938 invasion from Mars.

Do you mean the start of WW2 ?

Guru
Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member Engineering Fields - Piping Design Engineering - New Member

In reply to #3

10/09/2010 6:17 PM

Orson Welles's October 30, 1938, broadcast of "events" at Grover's Mill, NJ. Actually nothing to do with WWII, but the tense conditions of the time probably helped to stoke some panic.

In reply to #4

10/09/2010 8:12 PM

Where is Orson Welles right now, our life same as the steam appears for a little while then vanishes.

Guru
New Zealand - Member - Kiwi Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Engineering Fields - Power Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 376
In reply to #5

10/09/2010 9:24 PM

Where is Orson Welles right now

The great man died 25 years ago. How is it that people can find CR4 but not know how to use the internet to perform basic, simple searches.

Dare I say WTF!

In reply to #6

10/10/2010 12:39 AM

Even Acronym Finder waffles on this: http://www.acronymfinder.com/WTF.html

There is a Maxine cartoon to the effect that after Monday and Tuesday, the rest of the week is wasted: Even the calendar says W T F.

Good Answers: 49
In reply to #5

10/10/2010 12:23 AM

Do not worry. We only want some of your vital organs.

Hobbies - Fishing - New Member

Good Answers: 467
In reply to #13

10/10/2010 12:30 AM

Ya better hurry. I'm wearing mine out pretty quick.

If you wait too long, there ain't gonna be much left.

Good Answers: 115

10/09/2010 6:03 PM

You only have the date wrong.

In reply to #2

10/09/2010 11:23 PM

Holy $hit, I used to love that show. I had stopped mentioning it to people, because I thought I was the only one that remembered it. Thanks man!

Do you remember The Avengers, with Mr. Steed and Emma Peele?

The Man From U.N.C.L.E.?

In reply to #12

10/10/2010 1:27 AM

....all of them, especially the babes in UFO and ladies in The Avengers and early Doctor Who (Leela in fur....) .

In reply to #16

10/10/2010 1:45 AM

Those were the days. Now we've got 1000 channels and everything sucks.

I do like the History Channel though.

Did you get shows from the US back then?

Wild, Wild West

The original Star Trek?

I liked the Benny Hill show too.....naughty

In reply to #17

10/10/2010 6:21 AM

Who in their right mind doesn't like Benny HIill !

I know we're going way OT, but I lust for those old shows. What have we got now ? 'reality shows' and all sorts of pevy 'lets-look at- at the-fat/-incompetent parent' type stuff/

!000 chanels - yep, if I find time in an evening to watch telly , half of it is wasted scrolling all the channels. Hard as it seems to believe, we once had just 4 (and I even recall the days of just 1)

Don't think we ever got the Wild Wild West series, though we got a load of other American stuff. Rawhide, KC Jones,

Not much of a telly fan myself, though I' a sucker for the half hour comedy stuff. South Park, Simpsons, Fawlty Towers, One Foot in the Grave, Blackadder. Heck the list goes on, so maybe I am an addict. It there's a re-run of UFO, the house can burn down for all I care !

Star Trek ? Anyhing other than the original makes me zzzzzzzzzz. The new stuff is very good, but not that good.

United States - Member - Member Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - Electrical Construction

Good Answers: 58
In reply to #18

10/10/2010 7:00 AM

YIKES!!!! Now I am really feeling my age. Avengers, Man from UNCLE, Dr. Who (with Tom Baker of course), Benny Hill, Mary Hartman Mary Hartman, Monty Python. All great!

I have to agree as far as 1000's of channels and nothing much to see.

Thanks for the blast from the past.

Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - Time to take control United States - Member - New Member Engineering Fields - Systems Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Mechanical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 87
In reply to #19

10/11/2010 10:42 AM

Did someone mention Dr. Who? Like you, Tom Baker was my favorite.

Good Answers: 93

10/09/2010 9:38 PM

As a reincarnated toad turned to a prince by the kiss of the spiderwoman shape shifting at will to overtake the dear planet Earth, among the terminally stupid in need of certitude and salt, I have to say spaceships are not necessarily strange.

However when praying for the free cargo one may be rewarded with dissection of the brain, and the left and right useless broken up and smashed little toes, to make a point.

To ignore the axle is to make useless the wheel. Hence when confronted with the ongoing foolishness of the half brained only screaming underwater will capture the attentions of fish.

When in deep communion with the flying fish and other monsters of the sea the tourists rebound from the ozone becoming blue.

As we know first it was the green men, and now it is the blue men.

The fact is that TV signals are now digital so as to prevent as many as possible from being subverted to the spacey people government policies.

10/09/2010 9:40 PM

Contrary to popular belief, space ships don't come from space. There are only 2 possibilities,IMO, we are being visited from another dimension, or we are being visited by ourselves from the future.

Good Answers: 243
In reply to #8

10/09/2010 10:59 PM

Space isn't big enough to offer space ship visitors? We have to expand the Potential candidate set to other dimensions and other times as well? Just askin. Milo

In reply to #10

10/09/2010 11:18 PM

I certainly don't think we're alone in the universe, but it seems to me that if ships were visiting from space, someone..... would have seen them coming, at some point.

And since we all know our gov't would never lie to us, they must be coming from somewhere besides space.

In reply to #10

10/10/2010 11:57 AM

I wanted to see people of outerspace, and still want to. Due to vast distances and times I look for them on the TV. Analog static on the TV is what but left of the Big Bang? Why no Spacey People? Why no Spacey People tv shows discerned, found anywhere yet by the TV Telescope?

We have in common with fish, sight.

Then, what other things might we have in common with Spacey People? What other senses would need to be satisfied?

Then further, what sort of body would ideally lend itself to general space exploration? In one of my short stories I imagined them as large laughing cockroach types.

Our sorts of bodies are not particularly well suited for life in outerspace. We make robots that are better suited for life in outerspace, and I expect there are some geeks trying to figure out how to make the AI robot who would enjoy life in outerspace, as impossible for us.

If it is unethical to "play God", at what point does it become unethical to not?

Going into outerspace to live? Going to Mars to live? It turns out to be more of a trip to hell, than some sort of adventure.

If we are going to send people to Mars to live, ought we not genetically engineer them soes they could dance naked there?

Still, okay, what prevents us from seeing the TV of the Spacey People? Across distance and time the probability of Spacey People is high enough to warrant a search for an answer to that.

To find the TV of the Spacey People can we look for TV from another universe with a different constant for the speed of light? Do we look for a stable slow light show from another universe, or to the fast light universe? Could there be a bounce signal method we could use to overcome distance and time issues within our known universe?

Only the physicists can answer some of these questions.

Who knows, maybe cockroaches came from outerspace in the first place, and devolved. Yah gottah figure that if Spacey People went to the trouble to get their spaceships here, they would land and hang around some, instead of doing what would amount to some sort of game of tag as if the object was just to touch planets, dazzle the inhabitants with some sort of lightshow, and take off.

If that's the game, I really don't understand the Spacey People.

In reply to #21

10/10/2010 2:18 PM

Speaking of cockroaches...... Have you guys seen the latest?

They may be more helpful than we thought.

http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/news/20100909/cockroach-brains-vs-mrsa

Hope I'm not messing up this thread with a little reality.

In reply to #22

10/10/2010 3:05 PM

I myself have always recognized cockroaches as great design achievements somehow. Wherever you go, there is likely a cockroach. I am determined one day to finally overcome my revulsion, and eat a cockroach. Just as it is that an apple a day keeps the doctor away, it is suggested that 30 cockroaches a day, will keep the doctor away.

A balanced diet is highly recommended.

In reply to #24

10/10/2010 3:49 PM

They're just little shrimp with wings--use the best tempura batter--crispy critters!

In reply to #25

10/10/2010 4:13 PM

So the key to eating cockroaches is tempura batter? My wife has screamed now that she will not eat a fquking cockroach, unless she is starving. "They eat tempura cockroaches in Cambodia and Malaysia, but I'm not fquking eating them!"

"Lobsters, shrimp, crawfish, cockroaches are apparently all genetically related very closely. Some fqukhead is apparently trying to cross a shrimp and a cockroach as food, but I'm not eating it!" is what she says.

This may be due to the fact that women are aliens.

"Would you eat them if Whole Foods sold them?"

Does Whole Foods in South Korea sell dogmeat?

In reply to #26

10/10/2010 5:06 PM

Pound for pound insects provide a lot of protein. Eventually, eating bugs will be beyond accepted, it will be cool.

Get a few Hollywood types eating bugs and it'll be the next craze.

More info:

http://www.manataka.org/page160.html

In reply to #27

Space Ships Deliver Good Eatin` Cockroach Types.

10/10/2010 6:51 PM

I agree that Hollywood types heartily consuming the best of insects in a world of culinary delights is the future world of perfection and a virtual utopian paradise.

As well we will be well prepared with cooking techniques for the aliens who fly in and stay as visitors.

The three places I had the most coacharoaches, I simply did not appreciate the wealth of free and tasty food crawling up and down the walls begging for me to eat them. I know I was wrong to want them simply dead and out of my sight and bed.

I simply did not appreciate the alien affections of the devolved cockaroaches crawling over my body.

Over and over we do not see the trees in the forest the way the woodpecker does.

Location: Large hole formally occupied by furry woodland creature.
Good Answers: 97
In reply to #28

Re: Space Ships Deliver Good Eatin` Cockroach Types.

10/11/2010 9:24 AM

Cockroaches can control the environment! I saw proof of this when examining the the thermostat on a coworker's furnace after he asked me to take a look at it, The thermostat was engorged with roaches interfering with the mercury tilt switch.

I also discovered the "sport" of shooting them with a bb gun. The demise of one did not seem to effect the general consensus of other cockroaches which indicated an "alien" highly developed emotional discipline.

Location: Large hole formally occupied by furry woodland creature.
Good Answers: 97

Re: Strange space lips

10/09/2010 10:04 PM
Engineering Fields - Optical Engineering - Member Engineering Fields - Engineering Physics - Member Engineering Fields - Systems Engineering - Member

Good Answers: 646

10/10/2010 7:32 AM

I'm surprised no has yet mentioned 'The X Files'. That show debuted about 20 years ago. It generated a lot of talk about UFOs.

Real? Superstition? You have to ask yourself, is it: 'I want to believe'?

NOTE on the nostalgia files: You'd be amazed at how many of those old shows can be gotten via Netflix. Like one of my favorites, the Tom Baker 'Dr. Who' episodes.

New Zealand - Member - Kiwi Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Engineering Fields - Power Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 376
In reply to #20

10/10/2010 2:38 PM

It generated a lot of talk about UFOs.

After having watched a lot of it I get the impression it was written to desensitize the public to the ideas of UFOs and secret government conspiracy's!

They could never decide what was real and what was not and constantly proved and disproved both aliens, government conspiracy and neither for 20 years!

If people were like me they just threw their arms up in the air and thought "forget it I just don't care anymore, let the government do what it wants the truth may be out there but even if it was looking us straight in the face we will never know"

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Anonymous Poster (2); jack of all trades (2); JBTardis (1); KJK/USA (1); kramarat (7); Kris (3); Milo (1); Tornado (4); Transcendian (5); Unredundant (2); Usbport (1); vermin (1)

Previous in Forum: Orbits of Planets and Comets   Next in Forum: Capacitor to Power Airplane

Advertisement