Previous in Forum: Ultimate engineering challenge-design a coffee cup..   Next in Forum: Posts going missing again.
Close
Close
Close
Page 2 of 8: « First < Prev 1 2 3 4 Next > Last »
Guru

Good Answers: 24

Wacky Science - an open invitation

04/10/2007 7:19 PM

This is an open invitation to all: post your weird and most bizarre link of magical or unexplained science or phenomenon, preferably in video, which you may occasionally encounter on the web, and let's all discuss it here:

- Is it for real or is it a hoax?

- If it's real, how is it made, what's the phenomenon or effect?

- If it's a hoax, how was it made?

Dear Admins, please consider: Should this be a blog?

Register to Reply
Pathfinder Tags: amusement science
This discussion was "closed" on 05/16/2007 11:42 PM. No new comments are allowed.
Guru

In reply to #191
Find in discussion

Re: Wacky Science - an open invitation

04/20/2007 7:59 PM

Just after WW2, Ford Motor Company, were in a fix, they had run out of "Left Handed Spanners" Robert Strange McNamara was called in to sort the Problem, He asked to see the 'Accounts' and was told by Mr. Henry Ford; "Oh! we dont bother with accounts, we just put the bills and reciepts into a large weighing scale"

"The Ford is My Motor"

The Ford is my Motor,

I shall not want another,...To be continued

"Neither man nor woman can be worth anything until they have discovered that they are fools. The sooner the discovery is made the better, as there is more time and power for taking advantage of it." William Lamb
Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #192

04/20/2007 8:07 PM

The Ford is my Motor,

I shall not want another,

It maketh me to lie down in wet places

It's Rod's and It's Crankshafts, They discomfort me,Etc.

Bless You! Alfred & Henry,

"May your Sump Overfloweth, and may Your Head be Annointed with Oil."

"Neither man nor woman can be worth anything until they have discovered that they are fools. The sooner the discovery is made the better, as there is more time and power for taking advantage of it." William Lamb
Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #193

04/20/2007 8:56 PM

CEO of Red Scar Industrial Coatings Ltd. Mr. Tim Taylor Esq. Proud Owner, and have no fear, She will be back in "Show-Room" Condition, and We will post "Before_After" Pics up on CR4.

As you can see, Shot-Blasting is a mucky job. But that old Ford will get the best rust prevention treatment, that Science can provide.

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 115
In reply to #195

04/21/2007 2:14 AM

Interest in this will leave all car fans drooling . Even non car fans would have to say wow .

In reply to #185
Find in discussion

04/20/2007 4:03 PM

How many $ Billion do you need? we are not exactly "strapped for cash", I certainly know who to ask. "Put all your eggs into one basket, and watch those eggs" Andrew Carnegie

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #185
Find in discussion

04/20/2007 4:20 PM

The Pattern from which I pained the canvas from, is based on a Tartan, The Warp and Weft, threads are separated at a ratio of 1:10^ !/2 (Square root of 10) You will see Govinda's Cows first, then you may see Govinda sitting in Lotus posture, then he rises to the standing position, raises his hands into the sky, and draws another full circle with his arms. Then Govinda walks towards the observer. The pattern is an 'Animated Sequence'...We are currently working on the Musical Accompaniment to a Google Video/You-Tube Geometrical Derivation. The Sacred song Brahma Samhita describes the pattern eloquently. It is known as the "Song of Causality". Please allow us to present some real wacky and Ancient science, to the CR4 Forum.

His Divine Grace Gaurangasundra Dasa President of the Hindu Temple Leicester, is an expert on Vedic Music. each syllable requires the proper note, but naturally Strange Attractor Variations of the melody are allowed. Attraction is what Life is all about. Beauty is always attractive. That is an unequivocal Scientific Statement. nothing "Wacky" about it at all!

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #188

04/20/2007 4:44 PM

Does that ratio imply that Tartan predated A4 paper etc ? Tartan origins seem as obscure as bagpipes (I have a nice Bruegel on the wall (print , of course) - a scene from the Peasant Wedding ,I think ).

In reply to #190

04/20/2007 8:24 PM

Hi Kris,

Of interest, was that recent analysis of Ancient Egyptian Cloth, from Cairo Museum, revealed that the threads were dyed in a "Tartan"

The Pharaoh's favourite Daughter, Princess Scotia, was rushed aboard a boat to Scotland, after Moses is supposed to have threatened the 'First Born' Princess Scotia Was the First Born.

Egypt traded with Scotland for Whisky Spirit, that was used in Perfumery, as revealed by Head Perfumer of Revlon Inc. William Owen the Third, (A Scholar of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphs, Revlon were keen bidders for tracts on perfumery at Auction)

William's own perfume, "Chesert Baa" made from Cask Strength Talisker Whisky from the Isle of Sky, and infused with the aroma of LIVING Night blooming Jasmine from Ethiopia, was The Guinness World Record's most expensive perfume. Cleopatra's own recipe. The Southesk Bequest of Gemstones to the British Museum, contain among the Collection, The Tryst Rings of Mark Anthony & Cleopatra, as well as many other amazing gems. William Owen asked me to present Lady Lucinda Wallop (Armageddon Co-Producer) with a four ounce bottle. Wallop as in Walloper Well, as in The Earl of Portsmouth, as in The Portsmouth Papers of Sir Isaac Newton...etc etc.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #194

04/21/2007 2:11 AM

Top of the Morning Alastair. I wonder if Princess Scotia (!) shared a boat with Mary who was scuttling of to France (or is my history wrong ) . Hilarious thought intervention - The authors of a 'factual' book sue the author of a 'thinly veiled fiction' book . Opus Dei go into a flagellation frenzy as Westminster Abbey rub hands with glee . Meanwhile up in Scotland , Oz gappers strike tourist gold . You couldn't make it up .

There was an interesting chap on 'Dragons Den' recently who was into recreating historic perfumes . I don't recall the outcome , but a magazine recently launched to meet this demand for Joanne Public . I think he came from near me . Cue next diversion . Man scanning Newspaper and reading aloud;

"1 million die in African drought : hmm.."

"200,000 hit by earthquake : ooh "

" SOMEBODY DIED IN MY STREET ! "

...Meanwhile the boat quietly slips back to Egypt laden with Columbian finest

In reply to #197

04/21/2007 2:55 AM

Top of the Morning to you Kris,

AND to CR4 &Co.

Ah? yes.....You just reminded me. Professor Ron Hutton, University of Bristol, may? be taking a gander at this thread....in the not tooooo distant future? I believe our esteemed Prime Minister, Tony Blair's Lad would have enjoyed his Erudite Lectures.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Hutton

This is the "Wacky Science" Forum. NOT the "Wacky History" Forum, but like all good Venn diagrams, occasionally, and the History of "Wacky Science" must be littered with interesting material......not all of it so humorous.......

Thank you for the reminder. I need to contact "The Wee Dram" Company, to obtain some Quercus Robur timber, from a redundant barrel of Talisker........ The purpose you ask Kris?....To manufacture a Kaleidoscope. I may require the excellent services of GlobalSpec Materials Search Engine? I need to locate some fine cloth, woven from stainless steel.

http://www.atoptics.co.uk/

Light playing on water drops, dust or ice crystals in the atmosphere produces a host of visual spectacles - rainbows, halos, glories, coronas and many more. Some can be seen almost every day or so, some are once in a lifetime sights. Find out where to see them and how they form. Then seek and enjoy them outdoors.

One such Atmospheric Optical Effect, is known as a "Moon Dog" or more correctly, a "paraselene".....On August 10th 1994, having obtained permission to leave my post, here in Bonnie Colne Lancashire, from Chief Inspector (Retired) Lesley Martin, who we all sorely missed after he transferred to become Station Commander at Clitheroe....Ronald will need to check the Log! for details of Strange and "Wacky Scientific Fact"......Extra-Ordinary CLAIMS.....MANDATE EXTRA-ORDINARY EVIDENCE!

HOLD ON TO YOUR BRAIN CELLS, CR4 is about to enter the "TWYLIGHT ZONE".......

I know that the information I am about to impart requires the permission of our esteemed Attorney General to Divulge. I beg that he allow this upon the grounds that on the 10th of August 1994, Her Majesty's Church of England had sent a troop of young Ladies down to a Summer Camp run by a Quasi-New-Age outfit called "Oak Dragon" in Somerset. These Ladies were the first contingent awaiting ordination.

The Art Department at The University of Exeter, invited me to Lecture on "Shaman Art"....... Could you show us what a "Moon Dog is Please?" In order to comply with this request, I made stainless steel woven fabric kaleidoscopes from Plastic Pipe Fittings. Professor Ronald Hutton gave us all the most superb lecture, In Latin. Bravo!

As my dearest friend Sir Patrick Mayhew's Lady Wife Jean, has just become a Reverand........Mmmmmmm??????......I need to make some enquires. Hold on CR4.

And seek permission from my Bishop, Bishop Brain of Salford.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #199

04/21/2007 3:12 AM

Terrific photos on the link ! I like the bonus of all those names they are given - Bishops Ring (! forgive me if I ROFL like a kiddy and a Carry-On film )

In reply to #200

04/21/2007 3:31 AM

This Poem is relevant, Robert Louis Stevenson,

"A Scotsmans Return From Abroad"

In mony a foreign pairt I've been, An' mony an unco ferlie seen,

Since, Mr. Johnstone, you and I Last walkit upon Cocklerye.

Wi' gleg, observant een, I pass't By sea an' land, through East an' Wast,

And still in ilka age an' station Saw naething but abomination.

In thir uncovenantit lands The gangrel Scot uplifts his hands

At lack of a' sectarian fush'n, An' cauld religious destitution.

He rins, puir man, frae place to place,

Tries a' their graceless means o' grace,

Preacher on preacher, kirk on kirk - This yin a stot an' thon a stirk -

A bletherin' clan, no warth a preen, As bad as Smith of Aiberdeen!

At last, across the weary faem, Frae far, outlandish pairts I came.

On ilka side o' me I fand Fresh tokens o' my native land.

Wi' whatna joy I hailed them a' -

The hilltaps standin' raw by raw,

The public house, the Hielan' birks,

And a' the bonny U.P. kirks! But maistly thee, the bluid o' Scots,

Frae Maidenkirk to John o' Grots,

The king o' drinks, as I conceive it, Talisker, Isla, or Glenlivet!

For after years wi' a pockmantie Frae Zanzibar to Alicante,

In mony a fash and sair affliction I gie't as my sincere conviction -

Of a' their foreign tricks an' pliskies, I maist abominate their whiskies.

Nae doot, themsel's, they ken it weel, An' wi' a hash o' leemon peel,

And ice an' siccan filth, they ettle The stawsome kind o' goo to settle;

Sic wersh apothecary's broos wi' As Scotsmen scorn to fyle their moo's wi'.

An', man, I was a blithe hame-comer Whan first I syndit out my rummer.

Ye should hae seen me then, wi' care The less important pairts prepare;

Syne, weel contentit wi' it a',

Pour in the sperrits wi' a jaw! I didnae drink, I didnae speak, -

I only snowkit up the reek. I was sae pleased therein to paidle,

I sat an' plowtered wi' my ladle. An' blithe was I, the morrow's morn,

To daunder through the stookit corn, And after a' my strange mishanters,

Sit doun amang my ain dissenters. An', man, it was a joy to me

The pu'pit an' the pews to see, The pennies dirlin' in the plate,

The elders lookin' on in state; An' 'mang the first, as it befell,

Wha should I see, sir, but yoursel' I was, and I will no deny it,

At the first gliff a hantle tryit To see yoursel' in sic a station -

It seemed a doubtfu' dispensation.

The feelin' was a mere digression;

For shune I understood the session, An' mindin' Aiken an' M'Neil,

I wondered they had dune sae weel. I saw I had mysel' to blame;

For had I but remained at hame, Aiblins - though no ava' deservin' 't -

They micht hae named your humble servant.

The kirk was filled, the door was steeked;

Up to the pu'pit ance I keeked; I was mair pleased than I can tell -

It was the minister himsel'! Proud, proud was I to see his face,

After sae lang awa' frae grace. Pleased as I was, I'm no denyin'

Some maitters were not edifyin'; For first I fand - an' here was news! -

Mere hymn-books cockin' in the pews - A humanised abomination,

Unfit for ony congregation. Syne, while I still was on the tenter,

I scunnered at the new prezentor; I thocht him gesterin' an' cauld -

A sair declension frae the auld. Syne, as though a' the faith was wreckit,

The prayer was not what I'd exspeckit. Himsel', as it appeared to me,

Was no the man he used to be.

But just as I was growin' vext He waled a maist judeecious text,

An', launchin' into his prelections, Swoopt, wi' a skirl, on a' defections.

O what a gale was on my speerit To hear the p'ints o' doctrine clearit,

And a' the horrors o' damnation Set furth wi' faithfu' ministration!

Nae shauchlin' testimony here -

We were a' damned, an' that was clear, I owned, wi' gratitude an' wonder,

He was a pleisure to sit under.

Indeed That is the Danger! Presenting Evidence, that will doubtless be mocked, could become a "Damnable Offence" I hold my own soul now in the palm of my hand.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #201

04/21/2007 3:51 AM

I will need time to ponder all that . I had no idea he was so prolific .

THE WORLD is so full of a number of things,

I'm sure we should all be as happy as kings.

In reply to #202

04/21/2007 4:50 AM

Hi Kris, It's the weekend, and my Member of Parliament's Constutuency Office is closed. I have left a message on the machine. with a general gist.

"Field of Honour" was a Historical Drama about Benedict Arnold, and how the Crown came to lose the American Colonies as a result of Benedict Arnold's Loyalty to the Crown. He saw what a bunch of snivelling grovelling petty vindictive money grabbing thieves he had made company with. But for George Washington, A Man of Honour and integrity, he would never have joined with the Revolution. The actual reason for the Revolution, in my view, and many American Historians, was that Great Britain had made a Treaty with the Native Americans, granting them secure tenure in parts of their own Native Homeland. There were objections from some very wealthy Americans who had sold/had received bribes.....take your pick....inducements.....to look favourably upon a more practical solution of Genocide. Adolf Hitler/Stalin Style. Much information was obtained from Mr. Benedict Arnold Esq. by British Military Intelligence. He was in on the Scam........The 'Masonic' Brotherhood were instrumental in lobbying the British Government to impose a paltry penny tax on Luxury Goods. But as we all know, "The Thin Edge of The Wedge" can muster passions. 33% of the Colony, still felt aggrieved about a recent (for a very few in their living memory) of a Treacherous Coup-de-Tat..... in their own native homeland, indeed some were displaced exiles.

West Point, might well have fallen into British Hands, but Benedict Arnold himself was closely guarded by an agent of the Rothschild Banking Family. The plan was thwarted. With the result that terror struck the dis-united rabble of American Revolutionaries. They all felt the "Hangman's Noose" round their necks. Honour was now a Luxury. and Great Britain could not afford to wage a Low Intensity Operation against Guerrilla Forces is a vast continent. There were other pressing disturbances closer to home.

The American Colonies was ceded to the tune of "The World Turned Upside Down"

"Turn the other cheek" That was the commandment of Jesus Christ. Leave the matter to the Inter-Gallactic Police.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #203

04/21/2007 9:04 AM

Curious that Benedict Arnold's Contact ,John Andre wound up in Westminster Abbey ! I find myself full circle ( with my head stuck up my ...) from a post further up. This is leading me so far off centre , but is interesting all the same. To digress , further I promised myself I will find time to rig up a cycloid today and see what happens with my current Brachistochrone interest . To heck with initial calcs , it's sunny and I'm in the mood to play.

In reply to #202

04/21/2007 6:50 AM

Out of the blue, not related to anything at hand, I'm sure:

A Jew and a Christian sit infront of each other, on the train.

The Christian turns to the Jew: "How come you're so clever, and manage to manipulate the world to your advantage, as if it has nothing to do with you?"

The Jew: "Very simple. We just adhere to our heritage."

The Christian: "Give me an example, which will make me more clever than I already am"

Jew: "We eat a fish-head three times a day"

Christian: "And that will improve my intelligence?"

Jew: "Try it, and see for yourself."

Christian: "Where do I get Fish-heads?, we usually throw them away"

Jew: "I happen to have a few, for my personal use, you know"

Christian: "Will you sell me some?"

Jew: "Well, it's for my next... O.K, but these are not cheap"

Christian: "No matter, I want to see for myself, here, take a hundred for each, and teach me how to do it"

The Christian, eats his three heads, then they relax, looking at each other.

Then, the Christian: "Hey, wait a minute, I could buy these at the market for five cents each!"

Jew: "See? It's starting to have an effect"

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #206

04/21/2007 8:50 AM

Youval,

Unless there is "A Laugh", "A Tear" and "A Song", Then it sure ain't enertainment.

Thanks for the good Jewish Humour....much appreciated, we can dispense with the tragedy and cry ourselves laughing. Well Sir, "Black Bear" has been mobilised, and it may be both our fault?.......Shall we toss to see who takes the blame. Check out Mell Brooks 'Swan Song' Movie, The remake of "The Producers" with Nathan Lane, Maththew Broderick, Uma Thurman and will Ferrell. It's Five Star Commedy at it's best.

"Put all your eggs in one basket, and watch those eggs" .....Five Hundred Million Dollars worth of eggs, needs careful watching. The remake of James Bond Secret Agent "Thunderball" would not be safe in the hands of a comedy team, but the old 1965 version had it's humourous moments. There have to be a few laughs.

FIONA: Some men just don't like to be driven.
Bond: No, some men don't like to be taken for a ride.

Pat Fearing: What exactly do you do?
James Bond: Oh, I travel... a sort of licensed troubleshooter.

[after making love to the evil Fiona Volpe]
James Bond: My dear girl, don't flatter yourself. What I did this evening was for Queen and country. You don't think it gave me any pleasure, do you?
Fiona: But of course, I forgot your ego, Mr. Bond. James Bond, the one where he has to make love to a woman, and she starts to hear heavenly choirs singing. She repents, and turns to the side of right and virtue...
[she steps on Bond's foot]
Fiona: ... but not this one!

Miss Moneypenny: In the conference room. Something pretty big. Every double-o man in Europe has been rushed in. And the home secretary too!
James Bond: His wife probably lost her dog.

"Black Bear" is no small outfit. Artist's Rifles are always in the vanguard.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #206

04/21/2007 9:15 AM

Yuval,

May as well place the ball in the centre of the pitch, ready for "Kick Off".

First things first, Actuaries will need to establish the capital risk to the Insurance Underwriters, who insure the Production. We need to book the Space Station that our wonderful friend is launching soon. Simon Knocker needs to know. so does Anthony Gordon Esq...... May as well film this thing in real space. (not my decision, just a preference) London is Hosting the Olympics....So we must tie in with that. "Higher" is part of the "Motto".... Beijing would make an excellent venue for a conference, to discuss production details. I am sure Richard Branson would probably like to help out. Let's ask him.

So come on CR4 Team.....Put your thinking caps on. "Consultancy Fees" will be paid.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #209

04/21/2007 9:30 AM

I may be off to abroad soon, to assist a friend in organising a mixed match martial arts extravaganza, we negotiate fund raising for that, no kidding. It may include GB for some fighters.

The friend is an auzy (Brisbane), former Californian, now here with his ex, my schoolmate.

I'll know for sure, after the 28th.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #210

04/21/2007 2:18 PM

http://www.defenselink.mil/news/Mar2000/n03282000_20003281.html

The man I most admire in America is a Wrestler named Donald. A Champ of the First Order, and also a True Gentleman. Strange how folk that engage in seemingly violent sport within the regulated arena of the ring, are such gentle folk outside. Most people that take to combative sports, had a frightful time being bullied as kids. Very often this was a result of being handicapped with superior intelligence. It is a handicap, as bullies are generally of very low intelligence. They don't like smart guys. especially little smart guys a lot smaller than them.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #211

04/21/2007 2:37 PM

So Those Sailors think they are tough eh? I wonder though, they might have an unfair advantage in a Zero Gravity Arena? Thunderball 2....... Space Tourism has taken off BIG TIME!

Overall
Place, Team, Points
1st Army, 12
2nd Marine Corps, 8
3rd Air Force, 4
4th Navy, 0

Greco-Roman
Place, Team, Points
1st Army, 6
2nd Marine Corps, 4
3rd Air Force, 2
4th Navy, 0

Freestyle
Place, Team, Points
1st Army, 6
2nd Marine Corps, 4
3rd Air Force, 2
4th Navy, 0

Individual Standings
Greco-Roman

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #211

04/22/2007 2:27 AM

Strange how folk that engage in seemingly violent sport within the regulated arena of the ring, are such gentle folk outside

Is it ? The oppressed has to take a beating and learn to use his brain to survive. He enters the arena as regulated place to learn . Having learnt the skills , he has no need to deploy them , because the oppressor melts into the background (as all cowards eventually do). If the 'weak' had not been able to use brain power , he would not be there to admire . The meek truly will inherit the earth (and it's mineral rights).

Good Answers: 49
In reply to #214

04/22/2007 2:38 AM

Oh really? Has anyone ever heard of Mike Tyson? Chomp! Chomp! Beat up the girl, and all that?

In reply to #215

04/22/2007 2:50 AM

'ear 'ear old chap . All rules have to have exceptions or they wouldn't be rules (!). Mikey should have been put in a white jacket long ago , but the fee paying crowd skew things up a bit. You should see the end result of voyeuristic TV here on shows like Big Brother..Where is the chomping one these days ? -ah , rhetorical question methinks -He's a gonna .

In reply to #217

04/22/2007 3:10 AM

There's many examples... Jake Lamata. Even Burt Lancaster made a movie about a famous disturbed boxer.

One of the famous wrestlers got a really bad concussion that affected his whole life... Made him quit the biz. He grew up with Japanese wrestlers that played off post WWII hatred, but, in reality, were very nice guys. They believed in a process (Japanese word forgotten) that basically meant, "I take care of you and you take care of me." This, of course was in regard to the fake wrestling some of us like to watch. Anyway, this wrestler said that today most wrestlers disregard this practice in place of the gain of quick fame and fortune. And people get hurt... and they sometimes die.

But what the heck, fame and money is what it's really all about anyway. So, beware. No one is watching out for you. Yay! The American way!!!

In reply to #218

04/22/2007 3:34 AM

OK you have a point Vermin . Eddy Guerero etc.........

I'm an optimist . Bet you wont let me wriggle off though()

Interesting paradox - Nobody is watching out for you , but we are watched all the time.

In the UK talking street surveillane cameras are being trialed. It will be a great comfort if I get turned over one day to hear a metallic voice calling 'Now look here you in the hoody - Desist , and leave the Gentleman alone. Stop! Stop I tell you. You'll get a jolly good telling off if you don't stop right now.' Robocop it 'ain't.

In reply to #219

04/22/2007 3:38 AM

"Exterminate!!!"

In reply to #220

04/22/2007 3:48 AM

Don't joke - a new episode has the trash cans in NYC , and they can fly so stairs are no problem . Makes me proud to be British ! We don't have a big budget , but be scared what we can improvise with a sink plunger - very scared .Who else but the Brits could have made the Theramin cool . I suspect the Aussies have done something sinister with that show Stomp in London's Theatre land.

In reply to #221

04/22/2007 3:51 AM

I'm really glad you got that!!!

In reply to #222

04/22/2007 3:53 AM

Don't tell yuval right now - he's having fun with me (as I'm sure you can see)!

In reply to #223

04/22/2007 3:58 AM

As if I don't see it anyway...

The trick is to bypass me, and talk straight into my sub-conscious

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #224

04/22/2007 6:37 AM

Can you prove to youself that I am not pulling your strings ? Anybody for a game of Chess , lavuy ?

[ General Apology to all for my frivolity , but hey , it is the W/E ]

In reply to #215

04/22/2007 7:15 AM

One of the recognised symptoms of Cocaine abuse, is "Delusions of Grandeur". I rest my case.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #210

04/21/2007 3:02 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunderball_(film)

Plot:-

The Gigantic Space Ring/Orbital Station is now well under construction, Naturally it requires a suitable Defence System. From Lunatic Fringe Mad Terrorists on Earth, who might launch a missile, to non-belligerent threats such as space debris and asteroids/meteorites and the like. The Villain. Shall we call him Donald Blowfeld ? an ex All Navy Wrestling Champ, He could be the Goody as well, has plans to take full control of the Space Station, for Strategic Reasons/Whatever, I am no script writer, leave it to the professionals. The "underwater" /zero gravity fight with the Seals, is to counter regain authority to The United States President, from this mercenary outfit that well-connected Donald has managed to recruit......To be continued.

Opening scene.... The last three of "A Fleet of Gigantic Russian Transport Planes" has just swept off the runway at Kiev. (Norry, Command from "Back Bear"......Get that F888!N EMBASSY out there to take things seriously and quit running a £$%%$$£$ Marriage Bureau!)

We are about to fly the kites.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #213

04/22/2007 2:40 AM

I was just reading that if 1950DA looks a bit iffy we could apply some 'slap' , and let it curve off into the distance . The actual make-up method I read had far too many connotations to post , but I couldn't sleep last night for laughing . The man-in-the-moon could be in for a real 'earth moving' date.

In reply to #216

04/22/2007 7:51 AM

Hi Kris, I am not au fait with the 1950DA bit (%)? Please explain.

To Buisness.....> Poor Rear Admiral David Bawtree CB DL BSc(Eng) CEng FIEE FIMechE, Sorry Sir, if I have missed a few out? May be roped into this "Produce a Movie" Venture. I can think of none better to run the Naval Set Construction. A BIG NEW FANGLED SAILING SHIP would suit. I would say about 475 feet Hull length. with a Beam of about 56 feet. and a 26 feet Draught in all about 4000 tonnes Displacement. 92,200 sq ft. Sail area. Extending Propellers to recharge the batteries/augment power. Stirling Engines are my favourite, Stirling Stan here on CR4 will need to talk to him about that. Diesels can run off dried micro-organisms. so perhaps just use the Stirling as back-up? The London Olympics are not far off now, we need to get our scates on here. This Ship need to be moored on the Thames for the event. And would make great advertising for the Film Launch.

I think it best this Ship is made to be a Floating Chest of Drawers. with Cabins that can "Slot" in and out. When this "Space Ring" has sufficient cables up in orbit, This Ship could take cargo out to sea, ready for hauling up into space. I reckon she could be built for well under a quarter billion bucks. Why make a Fake Set? That quarter billion would most certainly be recovered, and more than likely make a huge profit, "post-production".....The First "Billion Dollar" Movie. we can go halves with Hollywood on this one. Or can someone tell me if a Billion Dollar Movie has already been made?.......The rest of the "Plot" to be continued. That would make an interesting CR4 Thread. "Billion Dollar Movie" come on Juval, you seem to be good at titles.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #227

04/22/2007 10:57 AM

This article -(http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2002/04/0403_020404_asteroid.html) is a bit dated , but there are others . It caught my eye somewhere , and this seemed a good thread to slot in about how to save us from a nasty shock with way out ideas. One Idea is a touch of 'foundation' to somehow change trajectory. The diversion may allow me time to catch up with all the happenings in this thread !

In reply to #239

04/22/2007 11:36 AM

"Yarkovski Effect" make one side hot, to drift it slowly off collision course. cool. One more reason to build a space station. Now is not the time to shilly-shally, in my view. The sooner we get on with the job, the more time to ponder solutions. The Space station we propose could support the entire population of earth....very comfortably. so in any case, we could all survive.

Register to Reply
Power-User

Good Answers: 2
In reply to #199

04/24/2007 1:03 PM

With reference to "rainbows, halos, glories, coronas" -

I always keep a weather eye out for Sun Dogs. They're quite common in our wide-open Midwestern skies.

Very few people really look at the sky! When I see any particularly nice Sun Dog - unusually bright, or rainbow-colored, or a matched pair - I make an effort to show people. They're amazed, and often say they've never seen such a thing! Of course, they also tend to ask what it means, expecting it to be some sort of portent I suppose...

I once made the mistake of pointing out a pair of brilliant Sun Dogs to a taxi driver on the way to the airport. He was so intrigued, he spent the rest of the ride halfway out the window to get a better look. A harrowing experience. If ever you want to introduce your taxi driver to a Sun Dog, I suggest waiting until you have reached your destination.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #284

04/24/2007 4:49 PM

Brilliant anecdote AstroNut

I believe it may have been a brilliant Sun Dog on the eve of an important battle, that inspired Emperor Constantine to mandate Christianity as the Roman State Religion. The Chicken entrails were probably favourable as well, but Constantine worshipped Sol, the sun god. There was a fantastic "13" sun three rainbow Sun dog at noon precisely on the Day Ron Bisset anointed me at his home nest to Saint Mary's Church Nelson. The inner four were almost as bright as the centre.

Minutes later hail came down larger than golf balls. the local river flooded, cars were dented, slates were smashed, Clapper bridge in Wyecollar was swept away. I had to visit a local Farmer, who had just had one of his cattle struck by lightening, I had checked earlier to ensure his stock was insured...it was....The Minister had to attend with a special visit.

Weeks before, I had notified both the local BBC about the likely consequences on that day. I still treasure a letter in response from Radio Lancashire, telling me that my "Nasty Threats" had been reported to the Police.......I can't help the weather old girl, I responded as politely as possible. The only way to call it off, was to call off my ordination. Ron & I discussed that very seriously, but he advised that that would be offensive to the Lord.

Fact is Fact is Fact. PERIOD! Whacky or not......I think Ron Bissett must be a Shaman, but that's going too far. he might be offended, so would his wife Betty.

Register to Reply
Power-User

In reply to #285

04/24/2007 6:49 PM

Alastair - You said: "Fact is Fact is Fact. PERIOD!"

Your posts frequently leave me bemused. I do admire your finely-honed gift of gab, yet I can't help raising the gain on my malarkey-meter...

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #288

04/24/2007 7:41 PM

Be quiet AstroNut ! I'm sure Alastair will reply , but this thread is one of the best unknown backwaters in cr4 . Where else would you find this mix of entertainment and Science - it's the stuff of life .

In reply to #289

04/25/2007 5:12 AM

Dear Gordon & Robert, This is the text, that I sent this morning. Improperly handled, and the consequences for public trust in "Democratic" Governance could be of negative impact. Kind Regards Alastair Carnegie 13 Hawley Street Winewall Colne BB8 8BY In a message dated 25/04/2007 07:46:21 GMT Standard Time, CrnAlas writes: " IGNOTI NULLA CUPIDO " ***** " FRONTI NULLA FIDES " Dear David, Your time must be precious, so thank you kindly for such a long and detailed response. I will heed your words of caution, Just as today we know that a missile can be given a "Cloak of Invisibility" not by making it invisible, but by projecting the coherent three dimensional image of an aircraft. Mr. Peter Sanders, now I believe with Brooks Bachelor, previously Brooks and Martin, one of our oldest Patent Agencies, intimated the possibility of this technology, way back in the very early nineteen eighties. Peter was head of the missile guidance dept....naturally he never disclosed the "How"... but that was not necessary, John Wolfe a very good friend, who was managing Pinewood Studios, (He produced "The Who" pop group) was very interested in the Cinematic potential of the technology. John organised the two "Light Fantastic" exhibitions at our own Royal Academy here in london. He was invited to do the "Light Show" for the famed Christmas Festivities. I certainly recollect his deep disappointment that London City Council had rejected his proposal to have a Holographic Santa & all his Reindeer trooping up and down the street......They rejected it, because they feared London Transport would come to a standstill. Congestion entering london would be far too massive. Even Foreign Visitors could clog up our airports....another day, Best to speak directly to John Wolfe about it. I am myself now semi-retired as a chaplain serving with our Royal Military Police (Territorial Army) RMPTA..... Dad's Army...as they say in jest.They were disbanded in 1997, so that left me with plenty of spare time on my hands. Thank you for those links, I will check them out. Kind Regards Alastair Carnegie Courtesy Copy to Colonel of the RMPTA Merlin Hay, The Rt. Hon Earl of Erroll. & to Dr. David Hooper & to Professor Ronald Hutton, History Dept. University of Bristol In a message dated 25/04/2007 00:45:07 GMT Standard Time, info@stgemma.com writes: Dear Mr. Carnegie: Hello. Sorry for the delay in replying. I have been out state quite a bit for my commerce job (daily duty). Please see my brief replies/comments below in red font.
<Dear David, I bookmarked your Website quite some time ago. The content is of a disturbing nature, but the more I return to it, the less disturbed I feel. This is not because I make light of these 'revelations' or disbelieve them. I could not conceive that such horrific testimony, made by respected and concerned men of the cloth, could be total fabrications, false witness intended to deceive. I have a lovely calendar on my wall, I have enjoyed them now for several years, published by "Britain Needs Fatima".> This is put out by a group called the TFP - they are in "union" with the Antipopes <Each day reminds us of a Christian Saint, I have many books on the lives of the Saints, and the Internet is also a vast store of knowledge to call upon.> Be weary of what you read <The reason I feel less disturbed each visit, is that I become more confident that with each passing day, God's victory is more assured. He makes us helpless, so that we cling to him more. I also feel that in these 'Last Days' God's Intentions and Purposes will became more and more widely known.> Yes - we need to do our part of course - with His grace - much needs to be done. <They said that Rome was not built in a day. but surely the True Foundation Stone was the stone that sealed our Lord and Saviours Tomb.> It is a battle today - Please see an excellent piece written in 1995-96 from an English woman: http://www.todayscatholicworld.com/simple.htm <May I wish you a Happy and Joyous Easter. > You too! JMJ, Mr. David Hobson Editor In Today's Catholic World www.todayscatholicworld.com
-----------------
Forwarded Message:
Subj: Re: "Dred God" Date: 25/04/2007 07:46:21 GMT Standard Time From: CrnAlas To: info@stgemma.com CC: E@Hay.org, R.Hutton@bristol.ac.uk, dphooper@hotmail.co.uk " IGNOTI NULLA CUPIDO " ***** " FRONTI NULLA FIDES " Dear David, Your time must be precious, so thank you kindly for such a long and detailed response. I will heed your words of caution, Just as today we know that a missile can be given a "Cloak of Invisibility" not by making it invisible, but by projecting the coherent three dimensional image of an aircraft. Mr. Peter Sanders, now I believe with Brooks Bachelor, previously Brooks and Martin, one of our oldest Patent Agencies, intimated the possibility of this technology, way back in the very early nineteen eighties. Peter was head of the missile guidance dept....naturally he never disclosed the "How"... but that was not necessary, John Wolfe a very good friend, who was managing Pinewood Studios, (He produced "The Who" pop group) was very interested in the Cinematic potential of the technology. John organised the two "Light Fantastic" exhibitions at our own Royal Academy here in london. He was invited to do the "Light Show" for the famed Christmas Festivities. I certainly recollect his deep disappointment that London City Council had rejected his proposal to have a Holographic Santa & all his Reindeer trooping up and down the street......They rejected it, because they feared London Transport would come to a standstill. Congestion entering london would be far too massive. Even Foreign Visitors could clog up our airports....another day, Best to speak directly to John Wolfe about it. I am myself now semi-retired as a chaplain serving with our Royal Military Police (Territorial Army) RMPTA..... Dad's Army...as they say in jest.They were disbanded in 1997, so that left me with plenty of spare time on my hands. Thank you for those links, I will check them out. Kind Regards Alastair Carnegie Courtesy Copy to Colonel of the RMPTA Merlin Hay, The Rt. Hon Earl of Erroll. & to Dr. David Hooper & to Professor Ronald Hutton, History Dept. University of Bristol In a message dated 25/04/2007 00:45:07 GMT Standard Time, info@stgemma.com writes: Dear Mr. Carnegie: Hello. Sorry for the delay in replying. I have been out state quite a bit for my commerce job (daily duty). Please see my brief replies/comments below in red font.
<Dear David, I bookmarked your Website quite some time ago. The content is of a disturbing nature, but the more I return to it, the less disturbed I feel. This is not because I make light of these 'revelations' or disbelieve them. I could not conceive that such horrific testimony, made by respected and concerned men of the cloth, could be total fabrications, false witness intended to deceive. I have a lovely calendar on my wall, I have enjoyed them now for several years, published by "Britain Needs Fatima".> This is put out by a group called the TFP - they are in "union" with the Antipopes <Each day reminds us of a Christian Saint, I have many books on the lives of the Saints, and the Internet is also a vast store of knowledge to call upon.> Be weary of what you read <The reason I feel less disturbed each visit, is that I become more confident that with each passing day, God's victory is more assured. He makes us helpless, so that we cling to him more. I also feel that in these 'Last Days' God's Intentions and Purposes will became more and more widely known.> Yes - we need to do our part of course - with His grace - much needs to be done. <They said that Rome was not built in a day. but surely the True Foundation Stone was the stone that sealed our Lord and Saviours Tomb.> It is a battle today - Please see an excellent piece written in 1995-96 from an English woman: http://www.todayscatholicworld.com/simple.htm <May I wish you a Happy and Joyous Easter. > You too! JMJ, Mr. David Hobson Editor In Today's Catholic World www.todayscatholicworld.com

Register to Reply
Power-User

In reply to #289

04/25/2007 10:25 AM

Kris -

I completely agree, this site has the best and most entertaining malarkey I've encountered in donkey's years. Many thanks to all, especially to our good Alastair!

(And to think I was originally lured into CR4 by a discussion on black holes...)

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #295

04/25/2007 10:31 AM

...lured into CR4 by a discussion on black holes...

These will do the job every time

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #296

04/25/2007 10:50 AM

I was looking for work on Channel 4 as an extra .

Wouldn't it be fun to know everybody Else's tale of woe ?

I just nipped out for a packet of cigarettes....

The boss wasn't there for a few minutes....

I was checking how to make C5 in the kitchen....

The wife drove me to it....

etc etc

In reply to #298

04/25/2007 10:54 AM

...The wife drove me to it...

These will do the job every time

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #299

04/25/2007 11:36 AM

Dear Yuval, I hope you forgive me if I have breached a confidence, but you made a very profound remark in an email to me, not so long ago. The designation of Christian, Muslim, Jew etc. is or very soon will be redundant. May I concur. What need of a spluttering smelly unreliable lamp, fuelled with goodness knows what?...needs must improvise in the dark, and one is glad of the light......when confronted with the first rays of the dawn? Sunglasses are more appropriate.

Ah yes! "Shock & Awe"....Always a good way to start a Military Campaign. and also a good way to drive home a message to the ungodly. Allow the imagination to do the work for you. That's what the 300 did, to keep the forces of Babylon at bay. Now a film. He we are Persia.....just 300 of us Hoplites, there are 10,000 more of us, and 40,000 reserves. Do your sums, this is how you are going to lose!

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #299

04/25/2007 6:53 PM

"There are some things we know, and there are some things we don't know. Sometimes we know the things we know and don't know, but also sometimes we don't know the things that we 'know' and also don't know" (A Fine All Navy Wrestling Champ named Donald, I believe, but don't know. but do know, that his name will never be blotted out. Bless you Sir.)

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #298

04/25/2007 6:27 PM

I have just noticed something, Kris may I offer my congratulations, You seem to have joined the Great CR4 "Param-Para" (Disciplic Succession of GuRu....Gu= dark, Ru=light)

We are here to enlighten, and your wit and humour has brought the light.

It's another thread, but you might be able to assist me with my Fortran enquiries. Two cooks will not spoil the broth. and I am not sure how many are needed to stir. It's a BIG pot. we don't want the bottom of the broth burnt.

The matter relates to Cypher. and stego-manipulation of randomly compressed JPEGs/Whatever. One micro variation alters the Fractal Compression. in a very subtle way. This may? be the result of a stray "Cosmic Ray" blitzing a poor gate on a microchip, or......something similar. The trick is to establish a "PQ" rectangle. one of the four corners of the jpg pixel map, is an adjacent corner of the "pq", little "pq" as the BIG "PQ" is far too big to factor in a big hurry. The little "pq" is the "Key" to open the box.

Diplomatic Protocol, determines that you make a gift of your "Padlock" to your neighbours, friend or foe. Diplomatic Cypher must be open to scrutiny, whereas Military Cypher.....well only "One off pad" is suitable. (More on 'Battenburg' yum yum, I just love those cakes.. later)

Don't worry about the picture, it's just an item of Royal Military Police Work. Decisions have to be made on reliable intelligence. Jeschua or Jeschu? one or the other. How a load of sheep are counted, in English, Tup, Tup, Mint Sauce, Mint Sauce, Tup, Tup, Tup, Poor little lambs skipping about. Shepherds have to make terrible decisions.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #303

04/25/2007 11:51 PM

Where is this photo coming from? One of those "CIA-did-it" sites?

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #311

04/26/2007 12:27 AM

Man? (we know who), looking at something.

Sorry, I can't help you Yuval, I get heaps of this stuff in my email at times. I just delegate it to the lads. Looks like a phantom plane, all right. reminds me of the BBC YouTube replay of the falling of WTC No7...23 minutes early, till somebody cuts the broadcast short...ooops! we are sorry folks, Dr. Who's Tardis is a bit temperamental today. Now that we know is genuine BBC Film-Footage. So do we conclude the BBD or British Board of Deputies are in on it?....No....... we observe.

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/ld199900/ldhansrd/pdvn/lds05/text/50321-18.htm

Does it matter, every one is investigated thoroughly, If it's a photo-shop scam to fleece the gullible, that's handy information in itself, "birds of a feather" as they say, "flock together" and they can all discover their identity flagged up. The painter L.S. Lowry used to paint match-stick men, but many of the folk who lived in Salford Manchester, could identify who the particular match-stick person was, when presented with a "New" ??? discovery by Mr.Andras Kalman. If nobody had a clue, the work was probably 'iffy'

http://arts.guardian.co.uk/art/visualart/story/0,,2043330,00.html

Computers are being trained now, (ESP.Project) to recognise folk. even if just a blob.

So useful intelligence is gathered either way. You have no idea how Big, BIG Brother, is going to be. soon we will be counting the cornflakes in everybody but everybody's bowl of breakfast cereal (Smart-Dust) and even monitoring thought. Sony Corporation.

Attacking America....Only criminals would do that....easy logic....is going to be the worst decision any muddaforker ever made.

Eric Blair went to Wellington College, next door to Sandhurst, He is a College Hero. A man of rare genius. Now we have the technology to implement his visionary ideas. Who can object to being monitored by a box of liquorice all-sorts? even though that box has an IQ several orders of magnitude greater than the smartest professor on the planet......cool. I hope they regret their stupidity. God Bless America.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #312

04/26/2007 7:45 AM

I only just noticed this in the link ;

There will be problems. First, 13 biometrics will be recorded, comprising 10 fingerprints, two irises and a face, which will not all necessarily check out

How will this work with politicians - they surely have more than one face , and what about those supernumary fingers for putting in all those pies . Ah , I get it , the system is for Jo Publics benefit - it's to protect him.

He gazed up at the enormous face. Forty years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the dark moustache. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother.

Mustn't forget to laugh - a politician who's name I forget , noticed some blood on his shirt . He was heard to exclaim "My god, somebody's stabbed me in the front !"

In reply to #325

04/26/2007 8:05 AM

In Politics, it's known as "KICKING THE BALL INTO THE LONG GRASS"

ever watch the TV series "Yes Minister"?.....What could be simpler, just hand the contract to an outfit guaranteed to NOT deliver the goods on time. and also charge at least ten times more that the next highest bidder.....There "rant over" .....Grrrrrr!.... well nearly. We do not blasted well need to carry stupid bits of plastic round with us. I would much rather a Policeman stopped an old lady and said "Good afternoon madam, I passed your house today, the window box looks lovely,...I am speaking to Mrs. Dorothy Orwell? ma'am??? at Number 101 CCTV Avenue?"....to which She replies, "I beg your pardon Constable, I am Mrs. Blair, "Orwell" was just a nom-de-plume"........ "Papers Please" from a surly plane clothed officer, dressed in a dark echt-leder overcoat....no thanks!

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #327

04/26/2007 11:22 AM

Hear Hear !

The delusion of security is worse than none. I'd forgotten about Orwell's real name , he's a great read. I liked Parkinson's book which I read long ago , and ROFLHO with some of his descriptions (especially on committees )

In reply to #329

04/26/2007 12:00 PM

Kris -

"Delusion of security" indeed! As an astronomer (amateur), I loathe the garish outdoor lighting that is touted for security. Research shows that bright lights increase only the sense of security, not the fact! Bright lights cast deep shadows, where bad guys can lurk much more easily than in the soft, dim shadows of good lighting. But bright lights make people feel secure, so they draw shoppers and diners and theater-goers to come and spend their money; and the attendant shadows draw predators.

So much money spent on crafting public opinion, so little spent on solving real problems!

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #332

04/26/2007 12:12 PM

Amen to that Astrunut. My current beef is our Environment Agency who saturate me with mail about impending flood (based on my postcode) - it happens to people with more risk of altitude sickness. I guess 'if you can't solve a problem then panic them to death' is the philosophy . Grrrr. We get endless awareness campaigns about drinks being spiked , while they ignore the fact that plain alcohol on it's own causes greater damage all round - double Grrr.

I saw your post below about when does AC sleep ! My own , already weird , sleep pattern is in meltdown keeping up with him . Still , it's well worth it - so many interesting leads/facts etc. Welcome to the twilight zone !

In reply to #334

04/26/2007 5:43 PM

Hi Kris,

You ask when AC gets to have kip in his hammock?

The presence of the "Great Seal" is LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGALY.... The presence of the Holder of the aforesaid Great Seal. So a certain .....shall we say legal immunity/dispensation.......if aggreeeable.....attaches to this thread. I may? post up my Duty Rosta, as calculated by.......Rear Admiral Bsc(Eng) CEng, FIEE, FIMechE. David Bawtree. CB DL. We are on his case now. "The future Ship Project for the 21st century" A magnificent sailing ship for education and adventure training for the 21st century for the United Kingdom. But currently my "Kip" is determined by "BLACK BEAR"

HQ 4 "The Guards of Scotland"......Thank you for asking.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #335

04/27/2007 12:23 AM

Ahaaa, I am just peeking out of the duvet , and just remembered I was going to google your Lamb quote (for a reason elsewhere ) - I shall be back shortly. ps - my own sleep pattern has zilch to do with national security , I just like to look around while the world sleeps (a day feels so much more like a day if I see the sun rise - well somebody has to check it does. This is to rework the spherical earth theory (a la proving perpetual motion doesn't exist - I am having a fun debate elsewhere ) -the intention is not in itself to find the Earth is flat , just to get inspiration (Hi Yuval if you're reading ).Ahem , I'm delaying.....

In reply to #338

04/27/2007 12:34 AM

....I was reading a book of Aphorisms and had seen Lamb with his other Whig on (sometimes I just crack myself up ) . My School didnt do history (nor Grammer and quite a few other thing's - Ms Truss forgive me ). Now I know something simple and found 1 more bit of wisdom I like ;

"My esoteric doctrine, is that if you entertain any doubt, it is safest to take the unpopular side in the first instance. Transit from the unpopular, is easy... but from the popular to the unpopular is so steep and rugged that it is impossible to maintain it."

Entrenched becomes Enmountained.

Half 5 and already the day is worthwhile

In reply to #338

04/27/2007 12:56 AM

I love the new quote Kris, Thanks, .....Egg on face for Lord Kelvin there.

I am about to play "Postal Consequences"..... A brief explanation, Junk Mail comes through one's letter-box in a constant stream, sometimes it is included with regular legitimate post, That ruse, I have no objection to as it must help defray the cost of printing and postage.

"Welcome to St. James's Place Wealth Management" Entices one insert.

"PERFORMANCE ART" beckons the second.... This was weeks ago, Let's unseal performance art right now, and see what is behind the black cover??????

Sharp scalpel at the ready....... The tension is mounting.....cut one....cut two...my word.... An Invitation to a "Private View".....sadly it is not "Embossed" so must be discarded without reading into the round filing cabinet.....pitty.

Hang on......Mercedes-Benz cordially invite you and a friend to a private viewing of our finest work of performance art--Is it "Electric" ? ....Nah!.... back in the bin.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #335

04/27/2007 12:39 AM

This one ?

In reply to #340

04/27/2007 1:31 AM

Bingo Kris.....,

Actually there was a familiar Mercedes Benz logo on the "Mystery" ? black sealed envelope.

It brings to mind the pre-amble to the Gulf..... Saddam would not budge, I telephoned the Embassy every single day for ages, several weeks. In desperation I thought he might leave with his entourage, I made arrangements with our Local Colne Mercedes Benz concession to order as many Limos as were needed. I went in person to the dealership with a Banker's Draft for £500,000 just to get the ball rolling. Nancy Kirui of the Kenya High Commission, we had spoken over the years many times... was leaving for Nairobi, so I asked the Staff at the Mercedes Benz Concession to arrange for a nice sporty open top to be filled with roses and delivered to her Official Residence.

No prizes for guessing where Saddam might have gone!

The salesman at the Mercedes Concession, heard from their computer man, all about my escapades attempting to burn down the Whitworth Art Gallery, with Director Richard Gregory and the Curator Alastair Smith. "So What Arts" backed the Banker's Draft.... Mick Hucknell's producers...blah.....The Manager was very polite, and declined the order.....On my way out, I noticed the Fire Brigade in full attendance.

No. we had no intention of F(%)ing" BURNING DOWN THE CONCESSION!

This was a Last Ditch ATTEMPT to save hundreds of thousands of lives.

How bloody sad!... but at least we tried. Michael DID NOT CREATE 4GC!.... I was there overseeing the project security, (4GC was the indexing system created by Evolve Software Ltd, for the new Police Computer) The Late Garry Lee created that! So less of the Bull Sir. Your intervention was NOT helpful.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #342

04/27/2007 1:51 AM

If I sounded resentful there, it is true, one of my Character DEFECTS, that I must learn to curb.

"Murderer Hope of Womankind" is a very powerful play, with a very serious message for everyone breathing on this planet. I seem to have received a tip to play BEDAZZLED the new version with Brendan Fraser and Elizabeth Hurley, If you get to read this Mike, Please get the DVD and watch it. The film might just have been made for you in person. My favourite sketch is "The Sensitive Man" followed by the EDITED sketch "SEX-N-DRUGS-N-ROCK-N-ROLL".... That scene would have cost Hollywood $Billions of potential backing.

Now the CARDS ARE ON THE TABLE.... WE WANT THAT SHIP BUILT!

Starting with the Sea Trials mini-version, that hopefully will get hoisted into space/ whatever and all the baddies fry-ed to a cinder.

Building the Ship is THE CHEAP OPTION OLD FRUITS!

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #343

04/27/2007 2:16 AM

SEX-N-DRUGS-N-ROCK-N-ROLL

Being an arty sort of person, did you ever meet Mr Dury ? I once saw him from afar at De Montfort Hall (WALLY ! we used to shout at the doors , and nobody ever knew why ). He had a protoge in art , Humphrey Ocean - no idea where he is now.

In reply to #344

04/27/2007 2:37 AM

Hard to miss him at Canterbury College of Art. Back in the late 70's he supported the Monster Raving Loony Party..... That name was conjured up by a very senior RAF Officer at the Beau Nash Pub, in Royal Tunbridge Wells Kent. Another "Mike" as it happens, Top Oxford Scholar etc..... The only time the RAF allowed him to fly in a Harrier Jump Jet, was when some twit up at Selafield Nuclear Reprocessing decided to implement his own wonderful "Wacky Science"

Used fuel rods were laid out on racks, I suppose this guy got the idea from his local Supermarket Display.......He could save space, by pile.....pileing them up on top of each other, like cans of baked beans......Then he noticed a Faulty Fuel Rod....This one made a blue flash when he placed it on top of the rest,....so using his new found initiative,......He reported the offending Fuel Rod to the Management.....When they saw his home-made Nuclear Reactor.....Mike was allowed to jump in the back of a Jump Jet for the First Time....Whoopeee!

Sadly the poor worker did not do so well R.I.P.

We seem to be sailing through this beautiful Universe with a Ship of Fools.

Ian was also Lizzy Lyons favourite musician, she played that track endlessly. Another tale......Answer Yes, but I never got to know him well.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #345

04/27/2007 3:47 AM

Why was Mike deployed with Harrier ?

Reminds me (no slur on Mike ) of a recent US deployment of desk-jockey to combat Zone . I think we all heard extracts of that conversation.

All things become connected in the greater picture.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_of_Fools_%28painting%29

(The aspect ratio persuaded me not to paste it ). This one has relevance as well , though I'd be hard pushed to surmise it. It's almost contradictory to write about a painting (?)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fight_Between_Carnival_and_Lent

In reply to #346

04/27/2007 4:30 AM

Quick answer, Mike was the most qualified person to assess the potential danger. I have to be a bit careful, as a very good friend's son, His Dad is a retired Detective Sergeant who lives not just up the road....blah.....Now let me see,

The first Attack on the Twin Towers???...no let's leave that one. Dr. David Hooper, London University has that issue well in hand.

Now let's get out the Old Friends of The Earth Diary. 1995, Oh yes!

April 19th....and Prince Edward Island up in Canada

Oh!...Gosh.....21st of said instant, a BBC Station Ident, goes on Air. A Pop Can without a Ring-Pull, ...Cool, that will stop Cows contracting "Septicemia" in their hooves. and on BBC 2..... An "Animation" of the Train Tunnel, "Light at end of Tunnel looks like the "2" of BBC 2.....on DAY 1641 (thats 41 x41) of a rather interesting schedule.....more on that later....VERY "Wacky Science"

Let's Skip back a page, Nice B&W photograph entitled "Industry, Poland"

The bottom of the left page bears the name of Sir Crispin Tickell

http://www.crispintickell.com/

For the day 1671,...work it out....Kirkham?

Easting 445250 Northing 323050 Message to "Vicky Ray" FBI on Tel. 001 405 290 XXXX... pager 001 405 556 8??5

IGNOTI NULLA CUPIDO FRONTI NULLA FIDES.

Essentially somebody has to volunteer to clean up a nasty mess, and you get a lifetime dose of radioactivity all in one go. You retire on a pension, I was informed by my Detective Sergeant Colleague, but with a Tontine Insurance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tontine

But if the storey ever leaks to the Press, Everyone in the Tontine loses their Pension.

This I believe, as I was reliably informed by a concerned father, is an example of the ethical standards prevailing at British Nuclear Fuels Ltd. at the time of the "Incident" presented to the General Public as required by LAW in the official RADMIL report. Published by the Radiation Monitoring Laboratory in Preston.

I still await the confirmation from our Attorney General to really BLOW THE WHISTLE.

Otherwise the LAW will be broken. This thread is governed by Scottish Law. But only in Scotland. which legally can be anywhere Her Gracious Majesty the Queen so declares. such as a Royal Suite in Claridges Hotel can Temporarily become sovereign Serbian Territory. But this is Bonnie Colne in the Dutchy of Lancaster, so the issue is best resolved by the "Duke" of Lancaste,r Elizabeth Windsor.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #348

04/27/2007 4:40 AM

Hmmmm. Mmmmm. Thank you Alastair . That reminds me , I never got around to reading up on the BNF/Body Parts thing in the news recently. If BNF had taken apart BNP that would be fine (they don't have opposable digits anyway, and those knuckles drag on the ground), but the ever-name-changing place up your way is a sinister sort of place.

In reply to #350

04/27/2007 8:15 AM

Pretty scarey stuff, on the 19th of April (Day1679) There was a terrible massacre of Civilians and Workers at the FBI Headquarters in Oklahoma, and also a ghastly Sarin Gas attack in Yokahama......It must be terrible for those in authority, to be aware of an impending catastrophe, but prudence demands they sit tight and do absolutely nothing.

In my view the only "Strategic" reason for inflicting this pain and suffering, was an attempt by these (Sorry Admin) MUDD?F?CK?NG F?CKWITS to test the security of their communications. They probably thought afterwards "Oh good we are still safe to use the same method".......WRONG FRUITCAKES>>>>WRONG! GRRRRRRRR!

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #344

04/27/2007 4:09 AM

Any mention these days to his beloved guitarist Chaz Jenkins? Is he still active? Was revered here in Israel during the eighties, as the windmill behind Dury.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #347

04/27/2007 4:31 AM

In reply to #349

04/27/2007 4:46 AM

Jankel, right! maybe that's why couldn't find it.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #349

04/27/2007 5:15 AM

The bell at Khersoness - cast from melted down Turkish guns captured in 1778

Norry Hughes, (Senior Colour Sergeant)

Thanks Kris, a fantastic link there, cornflour is odd stuff, but I was unaware just how odd, till you gave this link. Bells are mysterious instruments, Tibetan Temple Chimes especially. I wonder what one made from an alloy of U235 would sound like, The Clangers would know. Best ask the Soup Dragon, the Iron Chicken would say.

Cryptic Clue for our United States Friends. (clangers are ET's)

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #347

04/27/2007 4:50 AM

If Chaz is in the land of the living Yuval, He may? be about to be hit with a "Rhythm-Stick" ...who knows... The War Room has been notified of your request.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #352

04/27/2007 4:56 AM

No laughing matter: between '84 and '88 these were very, very popular here, revered as cockney gods, or something.

My ex-wife was a fan, ad re-played their 2 only albums to drive me insane, which admittedly, I still am...

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #353

04/27/2007 8:54 AM

Yuval, a suitable post for the 360 Degree full circuit. A "Tribute" to a Great Band. The reference to the 'war room', was not in jest, Lizzy Lyons, was a big fan too. Here is a portrait of the Head of BBC Radio 3, looking very sad after the Funeral of the Director of the 'war room' last May. It's an open secret, that music is always used to send Diplomatic Messages. What better way to express ones emotions. After 911, there was a consert......just thinking of that music now, will bring tear drops running down my cheek......My ADC, Stepson of Canon Carpenter had to record all the Sky News Broadcasts that day. (BEFORE!) My Boss. Colonel of The Royal Military Police, allowed me to retire on July 15th, 2001, my 50th Birthday. We dedicated a Leather Bound Copy of Whitaker's Obituary (on that day July 15th 2001, not after 911! it was paid for by a donation from New Scotland Yard) to those poor souls that were doubtless going to perish. Whitaker's Obituary listed by coincidence about the same number as there were victims. The Book is available for inspection at Preston Library. Who would like to be a Prime Minister or President? It's a Job with heavy burdens attached. Humans are not cattle.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #356

04/27/2007 9:00 AM

...Who would like to be a Prime Minister or President? It's a Job with heavy burdens attached. Humans are not cattle...

So deeply true and touching, man. I feel you.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #357

04/27/2007 9:11 AM

For 365, another full circuit,

http://www.last.fm/music/Samuel+Barber/_/Adagio+for+Strings

May they Rest in Peace.

Love & Hugs to the Families. We will all meet again, that is a promise.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #340

04/28/2007 10:03 AM

http://affordableartandphotography.com/images/exhibits/Nautical/Max%20Mudie,%20Tall%20Ships/slides/Mudie-Tenacious.html

Max Mudie, Colin's Lad, is a world renowned Marine Photographer.

Sadly Kris, I can't locate his Web-Cam, as he posts pictures over a satellite link from his current location at sea. A few years ago we were able to watch a Volcano erupting live on camera. Max was in camera shot. It's a dream of a Project....And could initiate a whole new class of Tall Ships Race.

"There is no doubt that well planned and carefully executed adventure training is a challenging way to develop the qualities of self reliance, confidence, endurance, initiative and self-discipline. It also fosters many other desirable qualities that can lead young people to being good citizens......" John Blashford-Snell

If Hollywood need a marketing coup, an outer-space James Bond Movie..... How could you beat it?

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #397

04/28/2007 11:27 AM

The quote is spot on. Sure I heard of a sale-ship somewhere that does just that. Can't remember which project. The greek may be a bit strange , but the Duke of Edinburgh Award seems to do marvels for a lot of people - about outside my experience coming from a certain type of background ( that's not completely fair to say , but it does seem that those who need it most often miss out on character -building stuff ).

In reply to #403

04/29/2007 1:17 AM

Just remembered, my first shotgun was a "410" Gosh did I feel grown up, with a gun slung under my arm. It was a good second-hand firepiece. Plenty of pigeon pie after that......Why are young lads so fascinated with extermination of living creatures? Killing humans is the cherry on top of the birthday cake!

They couldn't make this up, but it happened.

http://www.chinfo.navy.mil/NAVPALIB/CNO/N87/usw/issue_14/coldwar.html

Post-War Developments -
Project MIGRAINE (True)

Scene (1) Somewhere in Whitehall; (Fiction)

Anthony Winterbotham (under secretary) & Sir Humphrey Enderby-Smith (Head of Dept.)

Anthony:- "I say, Sir Humphrey, what shall we name this new submarine project?"

Sir Humphrey (wearilly) " My migraine, .....(groan)....can't you work round it, lad. I have a terrible headache, I was up nearly all last night at the Russian Embassy, talk about tall drinks!.....I had to be polite, you empty the glass, after each loyal toast.......(groan|).......it never ended, toast after toast after toast.......now leave me alone Anthony, and allow me a little quiet please and please draw the curtains"

Anthony:- " Right you are Sir, (Draws curtains) ...I will be quiet as a mouse sir (on the way out).......mmmm?....Project 'MY MIGRAINE'.......Mmmm I wonder???" (slips out quietly)

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #416

04/29/2007 2:49 AM

Hmm.. http://www.psycom.net/depression.central.withdrawal.html

they should all keep taking the pills

In reply to #419

04/29/2007 8:59 AM

Hi Kris,

An interesting link, Medication for depression is starting to have real and significant therapeutic effect. Twenty or so years ago, the medication was 'blunderbuss' the cure was almost as bad as the complaint. A common analogy is to compare it to addressing a letter, just put the town only on the envelope, the letter might reach the destination, and might not. put the town and street, improves the chances, but the ideal is to have the town street number and postcode. Medications are currently on trial that look like the latter criteria will be met. Drug therapy may cure the condition.

Tony Hancock and quite a few others suffered terribly from depression. Self medication with illicit narcotics can have a severe negative impact. The Theatre World is rife with substance abuse. It's a multi Trillion Dollar Industry, over the decades. Interpol estimate about half a trillion per annum. That is Huge Bucks.

Government policy in the past, was along the lines of "Better the Devil you Know", in other words selectively attenuate drug distribution to the criminals you can best control. That art, must be a "wacky" one.....and the "science" pretty shaky.

In 1993 Donald Goddard and Leicester Coleman published "THE TRAIL OF THE OCTOPUS" The book is a fascinating insight into the workings of the DIA. Lester and his wife are now in Sweden. The first American citizen to seek asylum in that country since the Vietnam war. It all ties in to 9/11. but that's too long a blog. Another "Wacky Science".... Public Deception. Dr. Paul Connett, and Nobel Prize Winner for Medicine Dr.Arvid Carlsson http://www.fluoridealert.org/carlsson.htm can fill us all in on that. Shades of Dr. Strangelove, and General Jack D. Ripper. Indeed the "wacky science" of presenting fraudulent evidence as genuine science, is a science all to itself. The co-operation of a Doctor willing to inject unsuspecting patients with Plutonium and just about the gamut of radio-nucleotides can help there. Check out "The Dragon that slew Saint George" The BBC did a whole documentary on how Nuclear Tests in Nevada, were always delayed until the wind would blow the fallout over the Mormon Township of Saint George. You should see the "Wacky" Fruit and Vegetables they grew, and hear the testimony of the midwives who had to deliver "Wacky" babies. President Ike was so correct in his Farewell Address. but for myself I just can't find an argument to counter General Curtis LeMay. As he said; "People stop fighting when they have seen enough people killed"....So simple and so true. Just keep killing humans till they get fed up....Faultless Logic. but also Ungodly! and cruel.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #424

04/29/2007 9:29 AM

Interesting topic depression/medication , not my field but I've met plenty of people who've been on the medication/counselling trip .Seems to be a family theme (1 brother Psychiatrist , 1 mother Councillor ,1 sister social service , 1 sister police officer - I 'm wandering if I've had some dire impact on them all ! ). A good mate went down the tube with simple wacky -backy , and another got killed at work - both very much linked to an excess of it . On a general note , a quote I heard applies - 'people continue with addiction until the pain of using outweighs the pain of stopping' . A bit like Gen LeMays observation . Having said that I have read some interesting stuff on battlefield psychology which adds a lot of additional factors . I wont ramble on since it's way off topic , and as said I'm no expert . Apparently , people can now make meth out of lem-sip and other OTC stuff. Where is it all going wrong ? It can't be all down to 'social engineering'.

Sirk : 'shut up kris'

phew , He does have his uses. We all need an imaginary friend to check ourselves with.

Peer review is an important area , especially with the internet , but you can't silence billions of opinions and 'selectivity' is a hard beast to define. The ease of the internet may spawn a generation who know everything but understand nothing.

Sorry Yuval , I owe you another link. <verbose mode off.opinion mode off>

In reply to #426

04/29/2007 10:34 AM

>>"Peer review is an important area , especially with the internet , but you can't silence billions of opinions and 'selectivity' is a hard beast to define. The ease of the internet may spawn a generation who know everything but understand nothing."<<

"Especially with the internet"....WOW!...The internet is still in it's infancy, we are all so privileged to be part of it's development. Sorry admin, but you lot will probably have plaster/plastic "figurines" painted in gaudy bright primary colours, made of your image in centuries to come. we must put all your names down for canonisation. There will have to be material for the Devil's Advocate to oppose the "beatification"..... your 'avatar' Kris might draw their attention. come on give them some good stuff, dig the dirt.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #428

04/29/2007 11:43 AM

Hmm . I was just about to go , but I hate to leave nagging doubt. Let me be clear.

The internet contains a huge amount of bull . Any dumb-ass person can post thought and opinion ranging from the qualification 'I don't know what the crap I'm talking about ' to 'I've spent years learning about the topic on which I speak'. Neither case gives validity to it's speaker , but it does enable a level of assessment by the reader (if they choose to think years = truth ) however weak that is. I for one don't care to know because there is no way of establishing the authors level of knowledge and what the consensus of opinion on it is - that is the price of free publication. How then do you establish , looking at a zillion opinions on a topic which are worth reading , which are researched , which are plagiarised , which are truthful etc. The answer is that you can't . Acquiring knowledge reduces to luck of the draw on what google gives you - this is mob learning if we have no process of weeding chaff from wheat. Truth becomes majority opinion . Cancel that subscription to a scientific journal - it's all here for you in the Daily Pleb . Buy it now folks , page 3 , soap gossip ,a rant about bloody foreigners and string theory. All wrapped up and pre chewed for you . I don't have answers , but I wonder where it's leading. Probably the bunch of spliffed out kids I saw this morning . I won't elaborate , but if I was concerned about the ability of University entrants a decade ago , I sure wouldn't want to see what the factory feed is now.

I'm not sure where the Admins enter this equation , but for the record I have nothing but admiration for a group of people who can make something like cr4 exist. I doubt they seek reward by way of naff figurines or money. More likely , ' the internet is a crude tool with potential , There's value in trying to see that people of similar interests can meet and discuss, lets make it happen'. Respect beyond any question , but I don't think altruism seeks or needs beatification. If you want to mock the host for the party list that's fine by me , just don't expect me to enter the frey.

I thought for a second about ditching the cloak , but guess what - I don't care if people aren't sure how to take it . At least they will think , and it will save me the bother of morphing again to please whichever whim enters their mind. I think Bessy Braddock and Winston had their chat the wrong way round.

Excuse my bluntness , and I'm sure rudeness , it's not intended personally - just write it off as Kris in a foul mood.

In reply to #431

04/29/2007 1:01 PM

...thought for a second about ditching the cloak...

Right, only it's more obligating to relate to the expressed opinion, as being expressed, instead of labeling the author as "whatever", for the purpose of inventing an excuse to ignore their massage.

Trivia can be picked off the web, and quoted as "knowledge".

Context needs to be explained with a wider base of related topics.

Would the reader have the tolerance to ignore their "natural" prejudice, and see your intended massage through their forest of expectations?

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #432

04/29/2007 1:39 PM

I try not to ignore or marginalize antibody's opinion , but that is my precise point. I can not give time to all , so what do I miss - a lot. I've just spent several minutes looking at your comments , but only because I know them to be of worth. If you had signed in as 'Guest ' along with several others , would I have seen it ?Probably not. It's only because I've had the privilege of discourse with yourself and AC that I will spend time to try and understand the issues you raise , as I know they are reasoned and the time yields understanding.

I really do have to go now , because I am deferring commitments , but I will think hard about the issues you have both raised . I will not automatically agree with the thoughts you express-that is my tribute to you - I will spend time to try and understand our apparent differences. I am not entirely sure of what either of you mean , but I will at least show you the respect of taking time to consider . I have expressed myself as best I can - if that is not adequate , then I apologise and willingly take the blame , for the sake of your shared wisdom.

In reply to #433

04/29/2007 8:24 PM

I leave the floor open for Professor Ronald Hutton (Post#444 if he cares to? Catch18 the intended title, is explained in wikipedia, numerology....now we start cooking)

of hishoric "Hish" as in Speshal brew....othe topics raised by Messrs. W.J. Hannaford & QC :-

"You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time." Abraham Lincoln, (attributed)
16th president of US (1809 - 1865)

The Tapestry (see 10^1/2 Grid above) is about to begin. "We will all be "Stitched Up"

MARK THESE WORDS VERY VERY CAREFULLY> NO KIDDING! Alastair Carnegie.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #435

04/29/2007 8:42 PM

Charles Ford, Requests you listen to his Spokesperson.

Shaily just posted this on Krishna Community:
Title of post: His Divine Grace teaches us in "Krsna Consciousness : The Topmost Yoga System"
Body of post: "... Our position in this world, our suffering in this world, is due to the body. This body is the cause of all miseries, and the ultimate goal of life should be to get out of this material body and be situated in the spiritual body. This is a foreign atmosphere. The soul is free spiritually, but it has been conditioned by this material atmosphere. And the body is of this matter. A human being is fit to inquire as to whether he is this body or something else. This can be understood very easily. I am not this body, because at the time of death the body remains--although everyone cries, "Oh, the poor man is gone!" The man is lying there. Why do you say he is gone? He is lying there! At that time, we can come to our senses: the body is not the man. The real man is gone. The childhood body is changed to the youthful body, and the childhood body is gone. Similarly, when the boyhood body is gone, you'll have to accept a body like mine, an old man's body. The body is changing. Not only year after year, but at every second the body is changing. Still, you are situated there. This is very simple to understand. And because the body is there, we are suffering. Everyone is trying to get out of suffering, in any field of action; in the economic field, in the political field, or any field of activity, social or national, everyone is trying to get out of misery. There is no other activity. Either nationally or socially, individually or collectively, we are all suffering; and this suffering is due to the body..."

Thank you Charles and Dandavats to Ambarisa Dasa.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #436

04/29/2007 11:00 PM

Well, that's true if you follow Buddha. However, the guy that wrote Jonathon Livingston Seagull proposed that humans are the "playful otters" of the Universe. We sit around in infinity and talk about what this or that life would be like. For example, "I wonder what it would be like to spend a lifetime being disfigured." to which another human spirit say, "I don't know, let's go see!" Wham! We dive into this world as a disfigured person and live a total-immersion virtual reality where even we don't know the truth. Then, at the end of the scenario, we bob back to our true reality and say, "Wow! That really sucked!!! Let's try something else."

In reply to #440

04/29/2007 11:25 PM

Hi Vermin, As the good book says, when the blind lead by the blind are all falling into the ditch, the man with impaired vision is regarded as the man of sight. Johnathon Livingston Seagull is a great read, but it is concocted speculation. In centuries to come he will be utterly forgotten. except by a few cognoscenti of antique fable and mythology.

You may have noticed "Sharon's" Quote:- on CR4 Vermin:-

Here is a response I made to her giving my thanks. Rear Admiral David, is now playing a game of "Yo Ho Ho" (a varient of Chess). CAVEAT Mr. & Mrs. Presidents.

Edward L. Beach, Jr. - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

From 1953 to 1957 he was Naval Aide to President Eisenhower. While on the President's staff, Beach was responsible for planning the evacuation of the President in the event of a national emergency and for the management of Camp David and the White House Mess.

On the Beach - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On the Beach is a post-apocalyptic end-of-the-world novel written by British-Australian author Nevil Shute after he had emigrated to Australia. It was published in 1957.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cobalt_bomb

A cobalt bomb, a type of salted bomb, is a form of nuclear weapon originally proposed by physicist Leó Szilárd, who suggested that it would be capable of destroying all life on earth. The weapon's tamper would be made of ordinary cobalt metal, rather than a second fissionable material like 235U. This would be transmuted into the isotope cobalt-60 upon initiation and bombardment by neutron radiation. 60Co is a very strong emitter of gamma rays as it undergoes beta decay, and has historically been used for beneficial purposes in radiation therapy.

Dear Sharon, What a Lovely website. I love the water-colour paintings. I am an artist myself, but love to learn more from other masters. oops I am no master myself! There is an "Apocrypha" relating to Sutta 63, The Late Commodore David White RN OBE, may have left it with his muniments contribution to our Defence College? We know about the seven requisites, or varieties of protection, for "A CITADEL". First like a pillar, that renders the fortress unshakeable, faith...(saddha). Second is like the moat, that is the disciples 'conscientiousness' ...(ariyasavako ottapi hoti) (krsnananghri-padma-madhu-lin na puna visrsta-maya-gunesu ramate vrjinavahesu... anyas tu kama-hata atma-rajah pramarstum theta karma yata eva raja puna syat) Text 33 Canto 6 Ch3 Srimad-Bhagavatam ...(Young Prince Gautama's bedside reading) "rights and rituals are performed by those neglectful of their service to the supreme, 'karma-hatta'---being enchanted by lusty desires, they seek ritual for the purpose of atonement, no matter how 'conscientiously' these rituals are performed, they only bring about incomplete purification. 'pramarstum'---cleansing of the heart. and so return again and again, to 'atma-raja' --sinful activity within the heart. This is a moat that is easily drained. and so presents no obstacle. Such as the Folly in Kent, known as Bodium Castle. just built for fun. though long ago, and still used for film sets. Third, like the Disciples fear of blame, Fourth, like the knowledge stored, the great armoury within, "The Dharma".....Fifth like the troops stationed within, the disciples energy, 'viriya' and Sixth the defence, upon which all other defences crumble to worthlessness, The wise Gatekeeper. No matter how high and strong the walls and ramparts that make the Seventh defence. "vision"......an unwise gatekeeper allows poison/whatever within the walls. Gautama on his 'departure' in the forest, told his disciples to await the Great Buddha of Brotherly love, who would appear in 500 years. The dust from this Matreya's feet, he was unworthy to have upon his head. The 'Apocrypha' relates how Prince Gautama, concerned that theists might take offence at his discourses with his disciples, posted 'Gatekeeper Monks' to divert pilgrim 'theists'. One such Pilgrim Theist had heard the teaching second hand, and was desirous of correcting The Lord Buddha of his profound ignorance.

1. The suffering of pain
2. The suffering of change
3. The suffering of conditionality

He wished to tell the Buddha of the fourth suffering,

Naturally The gatekeeper monk, hearing that some pilgrim had come to dispute and not listen to The Buddha, sent the Theist Priest away with a polite excuse.

Lord Gautama, was aware that something was amis, and made enquiries of the gatekeeper monk. who disclosed the tenure of the Priest's so-called dispute about a fourth suffering.

Then the Buddha fell to the ground, and asked the monk to place his feet upon his head. saying that he was unworthy to receive the visitors dust, but his Disciple that received the darshan of the visitor would be an excellent substitute.

4 The suffering of separation.

Not to be confused with mundane material separation. To the day, 500 years later, after relating this Apocrypha to his sorrowful Disciples seated round him in the Forest Glade, that same visitor was Baptised in the River Jordan.

Love

Alastair Carnegie.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #442

04/30/2007 12:29 AM

Pulleeeezeeesss!!!

You're just resiting more of the same, old crap that any other religion has spouted when separated from their roots for several hundred years! First comes the man, then comes the myth. I don't care whether you think that the Universe came from a kangaroo whose pouch was God himself, and from which the Great Roo pulled out the Universe.

What any simple, seemingly "holy" man thought he'd discovered has been worked and overworked and embellished to the point of blah (as you say)! Christianity is bad enough, the three hundred and thirty thousand gods of Hinduism is just time-dependant over kill! Buddha, Lao Tzu, and all others now contain gods and fragments of gods that we're never intended, and will eventually be left in the dust of history. Just like the Chaldean, Babylonian, Persian, and Egyptian gods, which are now regarded only as curiosities.

I ain't saying that there's no wisdom here, I'm just saying that there's no mystical seal of approval that makes one any better than another.

"It's time to throw your first-born into the fire!" "It's time to have another 20,000 scarifies by disembowelment!" "It's time to me nice to each other." Booga-booga is just that, booga-booga!

In reply to #444

04/30/2007 1:38 AM

Yup, vermin, "those Hindus go in for "Overkill" all right,

Take a look at the "Soup Dragon" his "Rock Star" happy friend enjoying the Christmas Festivities is a 108 Dandavat Parikrama lump of Govardhana Hill, If you want to take a lump away, be their guest, but you must do it nicely, otherwise you might wake up "over-killed".....Like some I know who have tried it on.....very dead indeed.

All you have to do, is take lessons from Senior Guards Colour Sergeant Norry Hughs, He will take you to see that bell made from old Turkish guns, and if there is long grass to break your fall, instruct you how to feint/fall-out whilst ON PARADE at Buckingham Pallace, with a big Black Bear-Skin Busby on your bonce. DANDAVAT like a stick.

When your nose touches the ground.... you hold the lump of Giriraj (King of Hills) above your head. Then you chant Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rana Hare Hare one hundred and eight times. Pick yourself up..... and dandavat again, you use the position of where the stone fell as your foot marker. The full circuit of Govardhana Giriraj is almost a perfect Marathon 23 miles aprox. One days parikrama dandavat means 64 rounds of Hari Krishna. Known as a Lakshmi-pati.. A Lakh is 100,000, but actually 16 praises of G-d each of the words is an offering of praise Krishna means I praise the All-Attractive one, Hari means I praise all who serve the Lord, Rama means I Praise the first "expansion" of the Supreme personality of Godhead. 16 x 108 x 64 = A LAKH

Then the Priests will shower you with petals as you remove your lump of rock to take home and decorate your Christmas Tree with. Simple really. (Presidents start shaking, there is more)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGTRsJ3hV8I

And here is a Raw Recruit from Manchester, learning how to get his very own Christmas Decorations.

Plug for Artist now in Sweden. who may? know Mr.& Mrs Lester Coleman DIA fugitive for bean-spilling on corruption in high office.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #451

04/30/2007 2:00 AM

"Look at the ants... Indras, all."

"If you see the Buddha coming down the road, kill him."

In their own ideas... "How many times has this happened before, and who really cares."

"Pat your head and rub your tummy. Hope no one messes with your mummy!"

Show me one person that knows what comes after this and I'll show you an idiot.

Wouldn't it be interesting if it's nothing?! "Well before I was born there was an awful long time of nothing, which I didn't seem to mind. So why would I mind it afterwards?"

In reply to #453

04/30/2007 8:52 AM

..."Well before I was born there was an awful long time of nothing, which I didn't seem to mind. So why would I mind it afterwards?"...

As an antithesis to: "Enough with this reality crap!"?

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #453

04/30/2007 9:29 AM

"Show me one person that knows what comes after this and I'll show you an idiot."

You are a true Philosopher vermin

And do you 'know' that there is 'nothing' after this?

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #451

04/30/2007 2:04 AM

Hey , theres a bonus in the link for vermin! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g-yrjh58ms&mode=related&search=

In reply to #454

04/30/2007 2:12 AM

I work in Silicon Valley and I have a 56 kb connection to the web at my place! I'll let you know what I think of the video sometime tomorrow.

This discussion was "closed" on 05/16/2007 11:42 PM. No new comments are allowed.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Alastair Carnegie (289); Anonymous Poster (7); AstroNut (14); Blink (23); BrainWave (2); Chris Leonard (3); jack of all trades (7); Kris (209); Mr. Truman Brain (1); RHABE (5); svengali (3); vermin (36); Yuval (114)

Previous in Forum: Ultimate engineering challenge-design a coffee cup..   Next in Forum: Posts going missing again.

Advertisement