Previous in Forum: Confine Space Works   Next in Forum: Energy Audit Info
Close
Close
Close
28 comments
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Not a New Member Hobbies - Musician - New Member Hobbies - Fishing - New Member

Good Answers: 467

FAO: CR4 China

05/13/2008 2:38 AM

cnpower & other CR4 friends in China - are you OK?

this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Commentator
Italy - Member - Founding Member Technical Fields - Marketing/Advertising - Founding Member Engineering Fields - Manufacturing Engineering - New Member

Re: FAO: CR4 China

05/13/2008 5:02 AM

I was wondering the same! Please confirm everything is well!

Engineering Fields - Marine Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 81

05/13/2008 5:36 AM

After the earth quake I hope all is well.

Regards JD.

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 37

05/13/2008 8:13 AM

I fear it may be a while before we hear from them. Hope all are well!

Good Answers: 243

05/13/2008 9:06 AM

Thanks for this.

milo

United Kingdom - Member - New Member Hobbies - Musician - New Member Engineering Fields - Mechanical Engineering - New Member Hobbies - Target Shooting - New Member Engineering Fields - Power Engineering - New Member Hobbies - Fishing - New Member

Location: South-east corner of Spain 50 48 49.24N 2 28 27.70W
Good Answers: 31

05/13/2008 10:25 AM

Thanks John, I think that goes for all of us on CR4.

Hobbies - HAM Radio - New Member Engineering Fields - Mechanical Engineering - New Member United States - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 22

05/13/2008 3:30 PM

Internet access in the affected area might be disrupted or overloaded, so it may be a while before we hear something in this forum. They could be OK, but not able to tell us for a few days, or even a week or more.

The best we can do is wait and pray. Normally, I'd say that listening to Amateur Radio would be the best way to get news, but China views ham radio differently than other countries. I'm not sure that China allows their hams to assist with communications in these kinds of situations.

I definitely hope that the CR4 members in China are alright. Their country will need them to rebuild.

Guru

Good Answers: 96

05/13/2008 11:14 PM

Thanks so much for the general concerns.

I live in Suzhou, which is about 2 hours west of Shanghai. Fortunately, here, there was little or nothing felt.

I was in a conference when one of my colleagues received a call about the news, and the reactions from friends in many locations immediately began to pour in. The quake is reported to have been felt in Beijing, Shanghai, Ningbo, Hong Kong, and as far away as Bangkok, Thailand. Oddly, for some geological reasons of which I am not aware, Suzhou felt no tremors that I know.

The news, from the areas most severely stricken are not fast coming, as there is much to do and sometimes the news trickles in slowly, but I can easily imagine the damage and unfortunate loss of life will be many times what was initially reported. From a distance, it is hard to imagine, but all remain in our thoughts and prayers. I know of no one personally how was desperately effected, however many of my colleagues do have friends and families near there, and so far, all of them seem to be okay.

Every day is truly a gift ... we never know about tomorrow.

Again, thanks for all your comments, and continue to hold those personally unknown to us in your thoughts as many struggle to regain a foothold.

Best regards,

Engineering Fields - Systems Engineering - New Member Hobbies - Model Rocketry - New Member

Good Answers: 14
In reply to #7

05/13/2008 11:22 PM

RIP the 20,000+

Must we build Multistorey Heavy Concrete houses where Plates are still actively moving?

Register to Reply
Commentator
Italy - Member - Founding Member Technical Fields - Marketing/Advertising - Founding Member Engineering Fields - Manufacturing Engineering - New Member

In reply to #7

05/14/2008 3:34 AM

Hi DCaD, I am happy you are ok and I hope the same about the other friends in CHina.

Your are right: life is a gift and I gave you a score for reminding!

We would have to live every day like it was the last... unfurtunately we remember that only if something like an hearthquake or a tsunami happens!!!

United Kingdom - Member - Not a New Member Hobbies - Musician - New Member Hobbies - Fishing - New Member

Good Answers: 467
In reply to #9

05/14/2008 5:08 AM

cnpower is OK - he commented in the Atmel 89S52 Microcontroller Problem thread.

Hobbies - Musician - New Member Hobbies - Car Customizing - New Member Hobbies - Target Shooting - New Member Engineering Fields - Power Engineering - New Member

In reply to #10

05/14/2008 9:19 AM

That is wonderful news.

I am keeping them all in my prayers.

Register to Reply
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain. Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 817

05/14/2008 8:11 AM

It's great that this international forum can express concern and caring for its Chinese and Burmese readers given recent disaster events in the region.

05/14/2008 1:37 PM

It is good that we show concern for our fellow members. Jhon keep up the sprit, I hope he must be fine.

Suresh Sharma

( Now I am registered as Guest as I changed from Opera to Firefox as per suggestion of our friend).

Register to Reply
Guru
Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member China - Member - New Member

05/15/2008 1:59 AM

Dear John, Dear friends,

Its very kind of you to concern our chinese people. Its really a power earthquake up to 7.8 degreee where the epicenter is in WenChuan count, SiChuan province in southwest of china. This earthquake has made very much destroy. As the disaster area is almost arounded by mountain, weather was bad in these days, all this cause a very difficulty for rescure. All materials were forced to stop in Chengdou, the capital of Sichuan province, where is only a little more than 100km far from the earthquake area. No road, many PLA men have to walk nearly 50miles to the epicenter. today communication has been restored gradually. road still hasnt got through. aeroplan and helicopter have airdropped material and rescurers as sson as the weather is a bitter good since yesterday morning. and thousands of survivors were saved.

Register to Reply
Guru
Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member China - Member - New Member

05/15/2008 3:09 AM

Chinese people and all kinds of societies donate actively to present disaster area with their love hearts and support.

Almost all of the countries in the world express their sympathize and donation to our country and our people. All of us will thank a lot for their support.

We believe we can overcome difficult and conquer this disaster.

Nearly hundred of thousands troop are in the area to rescue.

We have learnt that the more difficult is that large type machines cannt be worked there.

Fighters have to rescue by their bear hands and very simple tools.

Register to Reply
Power-User
Hobbies - Musician - New Member Engineering Fields - Manufacturing Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 20
In reply to #15

05/15/2008 3:58 AM

I am glad that you are ok cnpower!

There are really no words that can express my sorrow for the loss of life there.

My thoughts and prayers are with all of the families and friends of those who were lost in this terrible tragedy as well as everyone effected in any way.

Jeff

Guru

05/15/2008 3:45 AM

You all may not know the place, but as soon as I metion China panda. you must suddenly know. This earthquake is in that region. The place surrounded by mountain. its a beautiful scenery and many tourist attractions. Every year many travellers come here, when the earthquake took place there were thousands of tourists having a sightseeing there. Now they are all saved. many foreigners included.

one of the pic before eathquake.

you can find more information from search engine like google or yahoo etc.

From the pic you can image how difficult the rescuers will faced with when the road cannt get through.

Register to Reply Good Answer (Score 2)
Guru
Hobbies - Musician - New Member Hobbies - Car Customizing - New Member Hobbies - Target Shooting - New Member Engineering Fields - Power Engineering - New Member

In reply to #16

05/15/2008 6:43 AM

It makes me sad, that so much destruction happened, in such a beautiful place.

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 245
In reply to #16

05/17/2008 9:02 PM

It's good to hear that you are OK, cnpower, and sad to see and hear of such destruction. I wish you and your country all the best during this recovery period. One of my daughter's best friends is Chinese-American (her family tries to get back to China every year) and her relatives are in the earthquake area, but faired well.

It is a small and fragile world.

05/15/2008 9:21 PM

Thereare really a beautiful places. Many tourists like to visit there not only for their scenery but also because of panda.

I try to introduce you some pics before this earthquake.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #19

05/15/2008 11:16 PM
Register to Reply
Guru

05/15/2008 11:38 PM

Somebody among you might had been there.

Register to Reply
Guru

05/16/2008 12:07 AM

Register to Reply
Guru

05/16/2008 1:19 AM

suddenly...

Register to Reply
Guru

05/16/2008 2:09 AM
Register to Reply
Guru

05/16/2008 2:30 AM

rescue...

Register to Reply
Guru

05/19/2008 10:15 PM
Register to Reply
Guru

05/19/2008 10:42 PM

prayer

these are only several shoots, I dont hope to select too misery pics to bear.

We can overcome the difficulty. Thank you all.

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 28 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

3Doug (1); Anonymous Poster (1); Blink (1); charsley99 (1); cnpower (12); DCaD (1); IanR (2); jdretired (1); JohnDG (1); Milo (1); Mr. Truman Brain (1); MUKULMAHANT (1); PWSlack (1); Rosy (2); snygolfgs (1)

Previous in Forum: Confine Space Works   Next in Forum: Energy Audit Info

Advertisement