Close

Rating Vote:

Page 1 of 5: « First 1 2 3 Next > Last »
Anonymous Poster

Searl Effect Generator

10/10/2007 8:51 AM

Does any body believe in the Searl Solution? For more details find out at :

http://www.searlsolution.com/energy4.html

If this is true then we don't to worry about global warming n all.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Guru

Good Answers: 246

Re: Searl Effect Generator

10/10/2007 1:24 PM

Although his site is visually more appealing than some, it reads almost like a satire of other free energy/perpetual motion/over unity sites. Not only does it produce free energy, but it also can be an antigravity device and a healthful air purifier.

There have been many CR4 threads on schemes of this sort. Some keywords and phrases to search on would be "free energy," "magnet motor," "perpetual motion," "over unity," "scam," "fraud,"

Here are two threads:

http://cr4.globalspec.com/thread/5628/The-Perendev-Magnetic-Motor

http://cr4.globalspec.com/thread/11456/Free-Energy-Device-please-help-me

Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member United Kingdom - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 544
In reply to #1

10/16/2007 5:14 PM

Hi Ken !

Havn't you subscribed and invested yet? ... I sent them my credit card details immediately...

Del

In reply to #51

10/16/2007 5:51 PM

Investing... hmmm must have slipped my mind.

Rest assured that I am fully on board with the free hydrogen idea and the antigravityflyingsaucerfreeenergygeneratorhealthwonder. I'm glad you reminded me -- I just sent not only credit card numbers, but all bank account details, and offered to co-sign any loans. Am I gonna get rich, or what??!!

In reply to #52

10/16/2007 10:46 PM

Ok..dont believe me? Here a pic I took! I even took 225meg video clip of a test run.

Guru

Good Answers: 22
In reply to #53

10/17/2007 3:54 PM

There's nothing to believe by looking at this picture. I can produce 100 odd pictures, and it will still prove no theory and no practice whatsoever.

Simply ask yourself this: Can you imagine someone managing to anti-gravitate, and not stirring an overnight unheard of sensation to last for years to come?

But this is no biggie, because linking existing electromagnetics to some imaginary anti-gravitation will ensure some ridicule from scientifically trained people. This is to be expected. This is easy.

Why not try another, a bit trickier, for some good measure:

How then, would you explain this hoax, and judge for yourself of it's validity and proper verification? is it at all possible?

A hint: "Anything Is Possible" wouldn't float here.

Are you mentally and theoretically trained to expose this hoax?

A Hint: The first and second thermodynamic laws.

Anonymous Poster
In reply to #1

11/29/2007 12:18 AM

I have been monitoring Searl's activities, on-and-off, for 40 years. The latest incarnation of the scam (on Youtube) has made me determined to destroy this nonsense once and for all (I don't want him to be revered after his death). I am writing a book on anti-gravity crackpots in general, and Searl in particular. However, as this will still take some time to finish (there are hundreds of such nuts), I have started to post some of my 'juiciest revelations' on Youtube. Part 1 is 'nowhere' in the full gamut of his misdeeds; just wait for part 2! Meanwhile, those naive souls who like to 'keep an open (empty?) mind' and believe that he really did fly strange vehicles out of Mortimer might like to know that Mortimer is walking-distance from Burghfield. This sinister area has long been one of the highest-security locations in the UK (they construct nuclear weapons there) and has only recently begun to appear on maps. Can you imagine any unauthorised flying activities 'next door' going uninvestigated at the height of the Cold War? I even feel embarrassed at having to smack down such a ludicrous idea. I am, of course, 'Flowerbower' (see Searl's 'books' for further albeit incorrect details).

Guru

In reply to #55

11/29/2007 1:41 AM

Welcome!

I clipped the following from your YouTube thread:

'Sociologists of science', 'popular science' writers and science journalists all like to give the impression (for 'dramatic effect') that well-established facts can be overthrown 'overnight'. They never are; except in the minds of those who never fully understood the basis of those facts in the first place!

I don't have clear evidence of this, but it seems to me that the gullibility of "journalists" and their desire to sell dramatic stories has increased continuously over the last several decades. We have magazines like "Popular Science" in the US, which take astonishingly uncritical looks at new developments, essentially swallowing what the promoter says at face value. Sadly, people only vaguely literate in science read these publications, and their lack of understanding is reinforced: here's this "science" magazine explaining how cars will soon run on water... therefore it must be feasible and realistic, they think.

There is a very strong anti-science contingent in the US: global warming -- that's just a bunch of scientists... what could they know? I find this distressing, especially so when our administration makes profoundly unscientific policy decisions that can affect the health of our people and planet. Stem cell research -- heck no, don't fund that. Legislate increased fuel efficiency -- are you crazy? Tax cuts for buying Hummers -- of course, what could be better!

Hardly a week goes by here in CR4 without the promotion of some free energy or similar scheme. You should join up -- we need more rational thinkers here.

In reply to #56

11/29/2007 9:26 AM

That was quick! I feared that this thread was dead. I think that there is little doubt that things have got worse. For instance, when New Scientist began in 1956 it looked and 'sounded' like a scientific journal and the articles were written by leading experts. It has gone downhill ever since and, this year alone, has uncritically discussed 2 different anti-gravity claims (one of which, incredibly and uncreditably, is being generously funded by the UK government). It seems to me that such magazines should reflect the majority view of real working scientists but, instead, NS seems to have become merely a 'printed version of the internet' and its contributors are now 'science writers' who often have a very shaky knowledge of the subjects about which they write. Even the 'scientific advisors' of NS have been rather dodgy: one of them was responsible for starting the 'Jupiter-Effect' nonsense, and 2 others have received Ignobel Prizes! It is a very bad sign that Fortean Times is sometimes more sceptical than NS on certain topics. I place a lot of the blame on the internet. I am amazed at how uncritically these crazy ideas are treated online, and that is where many people get their information these days. However, there are increasingly bad signs 'further up the food chain': one of the world's leading botanical magazines has published gullible papers about crop circles, a leading aerospace journal has published ludicrous papers about anti-gravity (in one of which the prophetic dream of a housewife was thought worthy of inclusion!) and Journal of Physics D once published several papers on an apparent failure of the energy conservation law. Was that laudable openmindedness? No, the whole idea was based upon a 'trick question' which was regularly posed to students in the 1950s in order to test their comprehension. Nobody concerned with JPD (authors, editors, referees) spotted that it was a once-familiar (and easily resolved) paradox. I shall certainly join CR4 officially, even though it seems that this will be just 'one more front upon which to fight'.

Guru
New Zealand - Member - Kiwi Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Engineering Fields - Power Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 252
In reply to #57

11/29/2007 1:08 PM

We all have to stick together, we are after all the ones who are on the front lines. What's the alternative, remember it will be us who have to pick up the pieces of civilisation and put it all back together if anything goes wrong.

The problem with the internet isn't the fact that there is a lot of fake papers, bad science and all out scams available, it's the fact that people are willing to believe it and ignore all the real science that IS available. The case of wanting something for nothing.

In reply to #58

11/29/2007 1:40 PM

Just as you pointed out: when ignorance prevails, it's like a self-sustaining chain-reaction, a flame feeding itself, to consume the remaining isles of rational, empirical thought.

Soon, such methodical thought, any thought based on empirical knowledge, becomes subject to ridicule, later persecution

History taught us all that. The middle-ages in modern form?

Power-User

Good Answers: 3
In reply to #58

11/29/2007 6:48 PM

Gosh. one certainly gets a warmer reception here than one gets on Youtube!

I often wonder whether the current uncritical trends are aided by the fact that a lot of the people who were hippies in the 1960s are now in positions of power and are happy to see such a laissez-faire laid-back state-of-affairs.

OTOH, I also wonder whether the underlying nonsense-trend is upwards, or whether it is just 'an increase in reporting'. If one reads 'between the lines' of 18th century journals, one gets the impression that 'men of science' were always being pestered by charlatans.

At the beginning of the 20th century, the director of the Carnegie Institution complained that thousands of crackpots per year were turning up at its doors; expecting their ideas to be financed. Nowadays, the former financial barriers to print-production, advertizing and distribution have been removed by desktop publishing and the internet. As a result, the crackpots can now evade any sort of rational restraint and spread any pseudoscientific lies that they like. And, with educational standards being simultaneously eroded (the Blair government wrecked the UK's academic reputation within a single generation), those targeted by crackpots have very few 'scientific antibodies' to defend them.

Well, upon reflection, that sounds like a lot of overblown waffle, but I shall post it anyway!

In reply to #60

12/02/2007 4:42 PM

Well, upon reflection, that sounds like a lot of overblown waffle, but I shall post it anyway!

We LOVE overblown waffle! (Check some of my own posts.) Post on!

No, it's not overblown at all. The trend is troubling, and leads to some profoundly bad political decisions. So anything that helps to explain the causes of indiscriminate acceptance of gibberish is useful, I think. If, 5 years ago, we had some scientists in Iraq, trying to find real evidence of WMD, then today there would be 600,000 fewer Iraqis dead. In the US, at the peak of misunderstanding, 80% of people thought Saddam Hussein had some connection with 9/11. Scientific minds could not make that connection.

Any words in the defense of science are good words.

In reply to #58

11/29/2007 7:16 PM

The 'problem' with real science is that it is both more difficult and more boring than pseudoscience. Real science is, after all, seen largely as suffering from a 'philosophy of negation'; the best-established laws tell us what we cannot do. Some people see that as being almost as bad as denying free speech. I have often argued with anti-Einstein crackpots and it has sometimes been quite clear that the crackpot objected to the limitating value of the speed of light in the same way that he might object to a speed limit on a motorway. That is, as an affront to his personal freedom.

I have always found that the best way of fighting pseudoscience is by hoaxing. That is, present something that the crackpot wants to be true. If the crackpot detects the hoax*, praise him for his good scientific instincts. If he falls for it, expose that fact without mercy. It certainly makes them more cautious; which is at least one characteristic of the real scientist.

To my knowledge, this has never happened!

In reply to #61

11/29/2007 7:23 PM

"...present something that the crackpot wants to be true..."

Beautifully said

Guru
New Zealand - Member - Kiwi Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Engineering Fields - Power Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - New Member

In reply to #61

12/02/2007 3:52 PM

I believe the biggest problem now days is the internet. Now days backyard inventors and scammers can reach millions, and scammers can make professional-looking websites and back up their scam and made-up qualifications with enough real science facts and information (that is readily available from the web) to look convincing. Of course upon close examination of the facts and discussion with the scammer, the truth is soon discovered.

For the uninitiated, the recent thread below is a good example of how these discussions generally progress, and how easy it is to tell the serious inventor or developer from the misguided from the scammers.

http://cr4.globalspec.com/thread/14527/Any-ideas-to-kick-start-the-oil-reducing-patent-into-the-marketplace

Why do I bother even replying to these people you ask? Well the answer is simple, I am quite happy to help out and offer advise to backyard tinkers and inventors who may have an idea but need advise or direction from someone with actual engineering and manufacturing experience. Backyard inventors may not have the education but they have the enthusiasm and may have a few good ideas, and the last thing I want is to see them get sucked into a scam (such as free energy) and waste vast quantities of time on a dead end because they lack the knowledge and experience to tell the fraud from the science. Scammers, well, they rub me up the wrong way. I will leave it at that.

In reply to #66

12/02/2007 8:57 PM

I regret to see this thread has digressed now ever further against innovations that are too advanced since my last post. In effect, all you are doing is blinding yourselves and missing out on interesting concepts and ideas currently developing. Looks like "Jack of all trades" seems to be the only reasonable person left here, so I will go ahead give an update on the generator image I posted previously. At the cost of over 50 thousand Euros to the investors, two Professors have flown over to test the generator and they have confirmed the dramatic energy efficiency with a 1-hour test run. I personally did film the session in HD, showing measured fluids, tachometer and temperature readings as the engine ran a very large halogen lamp as a load for an hour. I cannot give out details at this time to protect the investor interests. I would advice some of you to stop talking yourselves blind like your new participant and get first hand on experience with reality before you cut yourselves off effectively on the subjects.

Guru

In reply to #68

12/03/2007 12:51 AM

Is this all tongue in cheek? Did you think "Jack of all Trades" is a supporter of scams like the Searl Effect Generator?

two Professors have flown over to test the generator and they have confirmed the dramatic energy efficiency with a 1-hour test run.

Are there no professors somewhere near the generator?? Why would they need to "fly over". Are these rentacranks who have to be flown in because you can't find them everywhere. Having videotaped this running , perhaps you can explain, in simple engineering terms, the energy required to split the hydrogen and the energy consumed by the "large halogen lamp." What were the rentacranks there to witness? Simply the fact that a generator can run on hydrogen?

This generator is the same one pictured in your post 53, I assume. In other words An Incredibly Affordable System That Provides FREE Energy! (per the Hydrostar site). Were you filming undercover as a law enforcement officer?

In reply to #66

12/02/2007 9:55 PM

I am happy to announce the first in a series of promotional experiments, using a revolutionary 50 KW Inversed DC Motor-Generator (IDG) design, which once fired is at 83.569874 % efficiency, and as it continues operation increase the figure to 99.439074 % within the next 23 minutes, and was documented to measure 142.548749 % efficiency after exactly two hours of operation.

The measured overflow was stored in a cascade of 12VDC lead-acid cells, and shown apart to prove the existence of the mentioned energy yield to an astonished assembly of critiques and potential investors in furthering the research and development with the aim to increase the yield-figure towards the fifth year goal of 400 %.

Of course, I cannot reveal any key-details of the Inversed DC design, to protect the inventors' interests.

Among them, there were only two party-poopers: one, Rudolph Clausius, and his sour-puss mate William Thomson, who mumbled something to the effect of "...there is no mechanism in nature which can produce more energy than it consumes...", much like this tourist who saw a giraffe for the first time and mumbled something like: "Sorry, there is no such animal in nature"

- The test-site, after the Clausius-Thomson scandal -

- Close-Up of the accumulating apparatus control module -

- The actual Flux-Pump used in the experiment -

- The suggested Fuller-Apparatus, for future current-flux extraction, considered to be used in the upcoming demonstration -

Investors and donations are most welcome !

- Why hesitate, or be confused with technicalities?

- Be a part of the future, right now!

- Join our Limited-Risk Capital Program (LRCP) for the next five-year R & D route, to the World Of Tomorrow (WOT)!

Guru

In reply to #69

12/02/2007 10:28 PM

Pppth, an obvious scam! Tesla was not even mentioned ONCE, and where is the picture of a $20 multimeter showing a output voltage as proof of over unity (but I like the ludicrous efficiency measurement accuracy, although you should have included your measurement error, say +/- 11.22% of PMPO) .

Ahh the over unity motor driven generator powering the motor scam, why bother disproving with facts when the simple logic of a 5 year old child will do.

Sometimes I wonder if I am making a difference with these free energy tinkerers, I would like to think that some of the ones that stop posting and disappear do so after coming to the realisation of the truth thru their OWN investigation of science and the facts (after furthering their education), rather than thinking that they are right and every educated and brilliant scientist and engineer in the world has just made thousands and thousands of mistakes. I would feel quite unhappy if I didn't truly believe that they are in the small (but vocal) minority!

I think this counts as off-topic, but will post as-is because the last part is important.

In reply to #70

12/02/2007 10:43 PM

Well, my fear is that these over-unity promoters are hesitant by-fact investors, trying to self-justify their by-gone hard-earned, and as a last resort, turn to scientifically oriented forums such as this one, in hope for further hope...

As you so concisely mentioned "...why bother disproving with facts when the simple logic of a 5 year old child will do..."

- Or mere intuition, for that matter, will do as well

Associate

In reply to #70

12/03/2007 6:52 AM

It was investor's decision (not ours) to bring two Prof. from their own country to make sure they are making a wise investment. Furthermore, they showed up on short notice, which really took us by surprise. Why is it that Prof. are making the big bucks just to make sure what we have been demonstrating free of charge? We could have use it for R&D, anyway they made their energy calculations of input verses output and they were enthusiastic about the results in "efficiency" (not over unity, free energy, etc). They also found the SEG concept very interesting as a side issue. They will make an effort to run computer simulations of the magnetic, electric and inertial forces to see what it reveals, if so I will forward it over to Prof. Searl's team organization. Personally, I am very pleased with the way matters have progressed, just feel sorry for you people; you just do not get it and I will have to revoke the open invitations made previously. I think I this concudes my involvement with this thread and wish you all the best of luck anyway.

Guru

In reply to #75

12/03/2007 10:23 AM

I am very pleased with the way matters have progressed, just feel sorry for you people;

I cannot, of course speak for the others here, but I am moved that you feel sympathy for us. Perhaps someday, as we mature in our thinking, we will be able to slip the grizzly bonds of rational thought and science, and learn to embrace alternate realities in which anything is possible, and in which morality will no longer restrain us from supporting and even gaining wealth from what others might call fraud.

So that we might learn, I'll pose this question, which troubles me, because I find myself still shackled by morality. On October 12 in this thread, you said that you were not involved in the Hydrostar project -- you seemed to be saying that it was run by someone you know, and that perhaps you could arrange a demonstration (an invitation you are now revoking, I presume, because we are not nice people). Now, re the Hydrostar project, you say "ours" and "us" as if you are an integral part of the project, which is clearly described on the website as just another a free energy scam. (You say "It was investor's decision (not ours) to bring..." and "really took us by surprise," and "what we have been demonstrating".) Just two months ago your "friend" had stopped promoting the idea because no one believed him -- but now he and you have million dollar investors who can afford $50,000 rentacranks to check things out. So my question is, "What events have occurred to change the reality of things so quickly, and why does your site still call this a free energy device, even though now you claim that it is not free energy, just a demonstration of electrolysis and an engine which runs on the products thereof -- something that the investors could see in any local junior college, without having to hire rentacranks at prices far higher than MIT physicists generally charge?" That's a rather wordy question, but the situation seems so complex. Perhaps as I and others here learn from you, we will see things in simpler terms and will be better able to function without such "in the box" moral constraints.

In reply to #76

12/03/2007 11:42 AM
Anonymous Poster
In reply to #76

04/01/2009 3:33 AM

My reply to:

<<<<<Perhaps someday, as we mature in our thinking, we will be able to slip the grizzly bonds of rational thought and science, and learn to embrace alternate realities in which anything is possible, and in which morality will no longer restrain us from supporting and even gaining wealth from what others might call fraud.>>>>>

Those horrifying things you mention, logic and rationality, are what the universe is constructed of. "A=A" is the simplest and most informative grand unification theory. No contradiction can possibly exist, and this is why logic is so highly prized and so highly successful at predicting the behavior of the universe. We did not invent refridgeration by having faith in the refridgerator or by wishing it into existence. We did not invent air conditioning or electricity by first starting from the point that these things are impossible but the universe is filled with impossible contradictory things. The only reason we have such conveniences is because of the sacrifices others have made to become more logical, more rational, more scientific - they have given up that mystical thinking which you cherish, and in return they've gained real things while you remain empty-handed. Above all else, the first step to understanding our objective universe is to acknowledge that our universe is indeed objective - that contradiction cannot exist.

You talk about morality as if it is a horrible thing - something which restrains you from making stuff up and claiming it's true simply because you want to believe that the universe is made up of impossible contradictory things. To the minds which actually do understand how the universe works, morality is good and necessary to stop people like you from destroying the progress we've gained through our sacrifice blood and sweat.

There is just so much more that can be said... that one paragraph you wrote is not only one of the most contradictory, nonsensical, and offensive things I have read in my lifetime, it also is sheer proof of your inability to grasp the functions of our universe, and evidence that you wish to profit by deceiving others.

Guru

In reply to #147

04/01/2009 1:20 PM

There is just so much more that can be said... that one paragraph you wrote is not only one of the most contradictory, nonsensical, and offensive things I have read in my lifetime, it also is sheer proof of your inability to grasp the functions of our universe, and evidence that you wish to profit by deceiving others.

I wonder if you are writing this with your tongue even more firmly planted in cheek than my own was when I wrote the post to which you refer.

Tech Wise (to whom I was replying) is flam-flam artist, and promoter of the Searl device, which has absolutely no basis in science or fact whatsoever (it generates electricity for free, levitates, and cures disease, per Searl's claims). The "others" (I referred to) who might call this fraud, are people like you and me, and ordinary, hard-working scientists and engineers everywhere. Tech Wise does not call if fraud, and instead claims that it is profound and valuable out-of-the-box thinking. If you have not already done so, you should read up on Searl and his device. I would not be surprised if he is, in fact, insane (and perhaps deserving pity), but there are people who have invested in his ideas, and who promote his ideas, as Tech Wise does. (You no doubt see the irony in Tech Wise's screen name.) These people do not deserve our pity, and I am perfectly happy to chase them away, as I appear to have successfully done, with the help of other rational thinkers.

If you look at several of my posts in this thread and several of Tech Wise's posts, you will see that he and I are in opposite camps. (Refer to my post 47 in this thread, for example.) I suspect you would find my camp more comfortable than his. In a post to another thread promoting another free-energy device, I rambled a bit but explained my disdain for anti-scientific and pseudo-scientific thought.

There is just so much more that can be said... that one paragraph you wrote is not only one of the most contradictory, nonsensical, and offensive things I have read in my lifetime,

Of course. I think even Tech Wise grasped my point that his world is just as you say: "contradictory, nonsensical, and offensive".

That you wrote "Those horrifying things you mention, logic and rationality..." suggests that you have a sense for irony, so perhaps you came upon my post without having read the rest of the thread, and thought that I was being deadly earnest with Tech Wise?

Perhaps you could join up here. We could use more rational thinkers.

In reply to #148

04/17/2009 6:21 AM

I, for one have taken your advice to visit the 'searlsolution' website and here is my impression, which may surprise you and other less informed readers perhaps.

1. Searl Effect Generator does have a unique design that is innovative; it has even inspired patents based upon it.

2. The electrometrical principles of motor or generator are inherent within this design. You have to examine it with an engineer's eye.

3. Next, there is the matter of what could possibly power this device. Interestingly, the theory of operation involves a conversion of ambient energy to electrical, which respects the laws of conservation. Fair enough, since we do have devices that do the same - a solar cell converts ambient energy to electrical as well. This matter needs to be investigated with a reproduction of this Magnetic Diode Effect of four material layers.

4. Therefore, what we have is a device that can motor/generate and claims to converts energy to electrical. If it does so, my electrical analyses of the resultant radial currents suggest that it is in the proper orientation that could drive the external rollers or in the opposite sense, can generate potential difference along the electrical vectors as claimed.

5. My advice is to try to take all bias and egos out of it, then stop and think, investigative, be logical and open enough explore what is possible, as I did which uncovered that it is not without merits.

6. Clearly this subject is gaining momentum on the internet, not only with the Searl Team's activities, but also with the Russian project now evidently researching this new technology to the market place, but don't just take my word for it, you can take a look at a real picture of the Russian prototype and video about it at this site's page: http://www.searlsolution.com/evidences2.html

Guru

In reply to #149

04/17/2009 1:44 PM

5. My advice is to try to take all bias and egos out of it, then stop and think, investigative, be logical and open enough explore what is possible, as I did which uncovered that it is not without merits.

That is good advice. Having done that, I find the SEG and its claimed effects completely without merit. However, if you have found otherwise, then I'd suggest investing heavily in it: a device which generates free energy, cures disease, and can levitate would certainly be worth trillions.

Per the page you referenced, "All parts of SEG are based on the Law of the Squares". There is no such law, other than in Searl's imaginings. But don't let that stop you from investing.

In reply to #150

04/17/2009 2:10 PM

Blink, I tend to suspect that most who would defend such voodoo, are probably investors, who run to scientifically-oriented forums in attempt to subdue their fears of having thrown their hard-earned funds into the wind, mainly by trying to give the second law of thermodynamics, the hardest time they can afford to.

Usually, the only thing to challenge these trolls with, is in the ballpark of what you said "If it's valid or genuine, you're likely to become a gazillionair overnight - If you haven't already - it's probably crap". - It gets to the spot because it refers to their probable (latent) drive in the first place, but not the strive to find some scientific truth or antything like that...

Would-be investors would do wisely by going to scientifically-oriented forums before they part with their savings. Those who come here to argue for free energy schemes, probably already spent it...

Power-User

In reply to #149

04/19/2009 12:13 PM

"1. Searl Effect Generator does have a unique design that is innovative; it has even inspired patents based upon it."

Name one. There are workable homopolar generators which look like it. There are crackpot permanent-magnet motor patents; but that concept pre-dates Searl. There are ball-bearing motors whose concept dates from the 19th century. In fact, the SEG would run like a motor if one passed a high radial current through it. But, then, any roller-bearing would!

"2. The electrometrical principles of motor or generator are inherent within this design. You have to examine it with an engineer's eye."

I shall generously assume that you mean, by that, that you recognise its resemblance to a ball-bearing type of motor.

"3. Next, there is the matter of what could possibly power this device. Interestingly, the theory of operation involves a conversion of ambient energy to electrical, which respects the laws of conservation. Fair enough, since we do have devices that do the same - a solar cell converts ambient energy to electrical as well. This matter needs to be investigated with a reproduction of this Magnetic Diode Effect of four material layers."

Well, I dare say that the first law of thermodynamics would be satisfied IF it worked at all. However, there is the 'small' matter of the second law. Ever heard of it? Maxwell's Demon and all that? Every attempt, even theoretical, to circumvent it has failed. Basically, an energy gradient cannot appear in a uniform energy distribution. A solar cell is a completely different matter; there is an existing energy-flow gradient produced by the Sun. See the difference?

"4. Therefore, what we have is a device that can motor/generate and claims to converts energy to electrical. If it does so, my electrical analyses of the resultant radial currents suggest that it is in the proper orientation that could drive the external rollers or in the opposite sense, can generate potential difference along the electrical vectors as claimed."

See above. A radial current could make it run like a motor. But it could never be a generator.

"5. My advice is to try to take all bias and egos out of it, then stop and think, investigative, be logical and open enough explore what is possible, as I did which uncovered that it is not without merits."

It is completely without merit, since it is being used to scam money. It would just about make a novelty roller-bearing motor for a school science project. Most people will have forgotten that it was a popular stunt among garage-hands decades ago (not their battery or bearing that gets wrecked* - who cares?!).

*Oh yes, bearing-motors tend to disintegrate, glow and even fly into the air. Sound familiar?

"6. Clearly this subject is gaining momentum on the internet, not only with the Searl Team's activities, but also with the Russian project now evidently researching this new technology to the market place, but don't just take my word for it, you can take a look at a real picture of the Russian prototype and video about it at this site's page:"

It is not a pop tune; internet popularity cannot validate it! The Russian 'work' has been disowned by the director of the institute within which it was supposedly carried out. And here is something for you to ponder: Searl's last UK company had, as one of its directors, a man then worth some £40M. He never put any substantial amount of his money into the SEG. That should tell you something. He was a fund-manager; the very sort of person who has now screwed the economy up. That tells ME something!

In reply to #152

04/19/2009 2:31 PM

GA.

The second TD law is sufficient to determine some loss of available energy by conversion, whereby searl's rotor would eventually stop it's energy-production/healing-power/anti-gravity-levitation.

As fine as it would be for a brief moment...

Otherwise we would all live in a world where the amount of available energy increases with every passing moment.

Where your room would get tidier and tidier, by the day if you only left it alone

Where a broken glass on the floor would re-compose itself mended

Where we could be born old, and get younger by the year

Where entropy decreases by itself - A.K.A "The Wonderful World Of Internet Trolls"

In such a world - who needs money ?

Power-User

In reply to #75

12/04/2007 12:37 PM

"They will make an effort to run computer simulations of the magnetic, electric and inertial forces to see what it reveals, if so I will forward it over to Prof. Searl's team organization."

Although the Searl gang are very fond of simulations, it might be best if 'your' professors tailored their explanations to fit in with Searl's scientific background. First problem: he does not have one. Never fear; what expertise that he does have can be judged from his many books posted on swallowcommand.com. You will find that his chosen mathematical method is magic squares. As these are perhaps even less familiar than Clifford algebra, your professors may first have to buy a lot of old puzzle-books. His other forte is electrical wiring. Here again, your professors may have to try to express their vector arguments using the nomenclature of obsolete British Standards. As to the general tone of their communication, may I suggest 'jovial vulgar' with much use of 'toilet humour', bad language and the volunteering of any information which they may have concerning their (prescribed) drugs and medical treatments.

In reply to #69

12/03/2007 12:18 AM

Clausius simply objected to the mean free path from investor's wallet to inventor's being too far to work effectively. He stated that if the free path could be reduced, then certainly 400% was within reason.

Thompson, of course, is a well-known lunatic whose only contribution to science was the use of his pseudonym, Kelvin, in the name of the Kelvinator Company. The very fact that he was never able to achieve even modest gains beyond unity virtually proves he was no real scientist. Why, within my lifetime alone electric motors have gone from 80% efficient to 95% efficient. Just plot the line. JUST PLOT THE LINE. Even ordinary motors are clearly going to be 110% efficient by 2020.

By investing NOW, in this scientific breakthrough, you can help bring 400% motors to life long before the motor companies even break 100! But don't do it for the millions your $10,000 minimum investment will bring you. Do it for humanity! Free our children from the death grip of big oil! Early test results indicate that some of the energy produced by these devices is actually coming from CO2 in the atmosphere! So your investment will be having a direct curative effect on global warming, too.

The only mistake you could make with this investment would be to invest too late!

In reply to #72

12/03/2007 12:32 AM

"...The very fact that he was never able to achieve even modest gains beyond unity virtually proves he was no real scientist..."

Simply tops. The understatement of the millennium.

Anonymous Poster
In reply to #61

06/26/2010 6:55 AM

Godin & Raschin proved as frauds RAS Academician, Dr. Edward Kruglyakov, Chairman of the Russian Academy of Sciences Commission Against Falsification of Scientific Research: "In Dec. 2000, one of the best physics journals in Russia, Technical Physics Letters, published a paper by V.V. Roschin and S.M. Godin "Experimental Investigation of the Physical Effects in a Dynamic Magnetic System"... The short report mentions antigravitation (the weight of the device during experiments reduced from 350 kg to 250 kg) and "magnetic walls" discovered at a distance of 15 m from the axis of the device... and other miracles... The editors presented their apology for having published this paper in the journal. And yet another detail regarding the paper. It was published on behalf of the Institute for High Temperatures, but the Institute has no relation whatsoever to this paper. Neither has there ever been the mentioned device in the Institute. Falsifications of this kind are typical of pseudoscience." (from the article "What Are the Dangers of Pseudoscience to the Public?" by Dr. E.P. Kruglyakov //Herald of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 2004, v. 74, #1, pp. 8-27.) ----------- The Torsion Field Fraud Investigation Foreign enterprises are being swindled! - claims the Russian Academy of Sciences. A group of Russian swindlers are seeking investors for their pseudoscientific projects based on what they call "torsion technologies". The pseudoscientists promise to quickly build "torsion flying saucers", "torsion communications", and "torsion weapons". In Sept. 1998, in order to conduct an in-depth investigation into the ongoing torsion field fraud dating back to the 1980's, the Presidium of the Russian Academy of Sciences (RAS) established the Commission Against Pseudoscience and Falsification of Scientific Research. The Commission published a collection of papers authored by Commission's Chairman, RAS Academician Dr. Edward Kruglyakov, disclosing numerous facts on the international torsion field fraud organized by a group of Russian swindlers in order to swindle the Russian and foreign governments and private enterprises. Co-Chairman of the Commission is RAS Academician Dr. Vitaly Ginzburg, the Nobel Prize Winner in Physics 2003. Dr. V.L. Ginzburg: "An example of pseudoscience are projects dealing with practical application of torsion fields. Modern science knows four types of fields: gravitational field, electromagnetic field, and so-called weak and strong fields. In principle, there could exist other fields, in particular so-called torsion field - such possibility has been discussed in the framework of the General Relativity Theory. Various groups of physicists in many countries, including USSR, have been conducting experiments, which showed that torsion fields either do not exist in nature or they are so weak that even the most sensitive detectors cannot detect them. Thus it is quite obvious that torsion fields cannot be put to use as a means of communication or for any other practical purposes. But there appeared charlatans, who have been swindling illiterate military and KGB officers and have been getting large sums of money for their so-called "projects". Our Commission is unmasking those charlatans..." (full text of article by V.L.Ginzburg in Russian) Dr. E.P. Kruglyakov: "One of the goals of the Commission Against Pseudoscience and Falsification of Scientific Research is to determine the reasons for unjustified dissemination of nonexistent "torsion technologies". Recently, we launched a new investigation... The documents are evidence of the fact that we are dealing with a longstanding large-scale fraud which has nothing in common with science. The fraud has reached a grandiose level..." (Science in Siberia, 2000, #7)

Power-User

In reply to #273

07/08/2010 6:27 AM

With regard to the torsion-field fraud, you may like to know that the leading promulgator of torsion nonsense in the UK is about to meet HM the Queen. She has awarded him a Civil List Pension. This is small in monetary terms but it means that, for ever more, he will be mentioned in the same breath as previous Civil-List pensioners such as Faraday, Herschel and Heaviside. In fact, Myron Wyn Evans (for it is he!) is the only scientist currently receiving such an accolade. Because of this, he has appointed himself as some sort of chief scientist and bombards Parliament with his opinions. He has also taken to putting HM Treasury as his affiliation on recent 'scientific' papers. Like all torsion nutters, he is 'selling' mainly antigravity and perpetual motion (although he has also backed a crackpot cancer-cure) and has even set up a company to 'develop' such products. He is of the opinion that all scientists who disagree with him are near-criminals and that CERN should be closed down. He has convinced himself that his theory has already become accepted by all but a few critics. He has decided this on the basis of feedback to his websites (one of which was originally managed by someone with links to Searl); he takes all hits to be 'positive'. However, if the visitors are anything like me they are visiting for entertainment reasons. Those who try to engage him in reasoned discussion however should be wary: he tracks critics down electronically and either sets lawyers on them or reports them to their local police for harassment. He is also phenomenally arrogant and conceited. It seems that he has erected a plaque and flag outside his childhood home (where he still lives) and has recently been asking Marquis Who's Who what fancy geegaws come with an entry in their books. Of course, Marquis have listed Searl in the past, so one has to ask whether it is just a vanity-publishing operation. Evans also has followers (aias.us), many of whom work at high-tech companies or seats of higher learning. Jeez, when did things get so dumbed-down?

Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 64

10/10/2007 1:58 PM

Anyone who advertises free energy, antigravity and takes contributions via PayPal is 100% legit, as far as I'm concerned.

Guru

Good Answers: 6
In reply to #2

10/11/2007 12:28 AM

"Anyone who advertises free energy, antigravity and takes contributions via PayPal is 100% legit, as far as I'm concerned."

Are you ready to sell the farm and invest it all in "Prof. Searls" wonderful machine?

Or a modest contribution and order his $50 book?

In reply to #5

10/11/2007 10:24 AM

I'm liquidating as we speak!!

Guru

10/10/2007 3:09 PM

No. This one has been around a while, and there is so LITTLE evidence or proper scientific or double blind tests conducted (that should have been if it were true).

No, wait, I found this......"Honored with the 2007 Loris Hemlof Prize for Best Free Energy Technology".

Well that just proves it then, the question is again, why is no one using it and why has there only been 2 supposed scientific tests done. The Russian one had this to say

"In conclusion, we emphasize that issues of the biological influence effects and especially of the variations of real time stream effects, which must be taking place in an operative zone of the converter, were not considered at all. These issues are extremely important and absolutely unexplored; though there are some mentions of J.R.R.Searl about healing action of the SEG's radiation. Our own experience allows us to make only cautious assumption that the short-term stay (dozen minutes) in a working zone of the converter with the fixed output power of 6 kW remains without observed consequences for those exposed. The present paper is only a beginning."

So, ahhh...............I think they are saying they didn't see anything.

In reply to #3

10/12/2007 12:17 AM

No, read it carefully, the Russian reports their version of the SEG produced 6 kW of power! Without any negative health consequences within that short time exposed within its working zone or zone of radiation. Aha...you are misinterpreting what been said. Shame on you...

Guru

In reply to #7

10/12/2007 3:20 PM

With a report like that, I am only going to bother skimming over it and reading the conclusion, especially when i am only looking at it in passing regarding a technology that has not been properly proven. The conclusion appears to be regarding health hazards, but the time frame is ludicrously small to be of any useful indication, so I am happy I did not bother reading the report in full.

Besides, I can make a system using magnets that will safely get more power out than is put in. It is dead easy (which is why there are so many scams and free energy generators that work on the same principles). Oddly enough it will only work for a short time before the magnets fail or the system stops under a small amount of load. Funny that.

I have to chalk this one up (still) to free energy tinkering (ie- either a scam or incredibly bad lab work). Regarding all the unsupported claims, I am going with a combination of both.

No free lunch!

10/10/2007 10:31 PM

Here is an update: It is now fully funded in Thailand, so let us see what happens with it for the 2008 year; that means finally it is show time for the SEG.

Guru

In reply to #4

10/12/2007 12:22 AM

"Here is an update: It is now fully funded in Thailand, so let us see what happens with it for the 2008 year; that means finally it is show time for the SEG."

Would you want to bet on "2008 has come and gone and no word on the SEG" other than that they are 'almost' there but need a 'little' more time and R&D funding?"

In reply to #8

10/12/2007 2:02 AM

Hi Stan, you maybe right about that, but I do believe it is a sincere effort and perhaps now we will see some interesting prototype results, not possible without proper funding until just recently, so let us see what the Searl team with their new labs facilities and base of operations in Thailand can do in 2008. We should hope it would be a successful project.

Guru

In reply to #9

10/12/2007 11:28 AM

What on earth would make you believe that this is a sincere effort, rather than the most patently obvious scam? Consider:

"Professor" John Searl is not a professor of any sort. Per his own biography on his own website, he has no education at the college level, let alone at a the doctoral level required virtually everywhere for professorship. That alone should tell you he is a fraud, should it not?

The only "evidence" provided on his own site is an oscilloscope trace showing a sine wave. (We'll ignore, for the moment, that a picture of an oscilloscope trace is hardly evidence of anything whatsoever, and will take it on faith that the trace has something to do with John Searl's apparatus.) The site says:

The tests demonstrated a magnetic ring rotating at a constant rate and measured by a gauss meter. The readings steadily increased and decreased in an even and fluid manner. Further tests were video taped using an oscilloscope to show the complete repeating wave form. This leaves no doubt that the field that Professor Searl describes can be created and duplicated.

Any magnet rotating near any coil of wire will produce a trace like this. All that this "leaves no doubt" about is that electromagnetism works in precisely the way described by the most basic of physics. Demonstrations like this have been given to countless third graders -- it is the most basic and simplest way to show the principal on which generators and electric motors work. What, in fact, this "demonstration" provides is evidence that Searl is a fraud, playing upon profound ignorance of physics to garner investment. Fortunately, despite having decided to commercialize his work in 1987, 20 years later he has still shown nothing that would convince anyone other than the most naive and greedy to invest.

John claims to have done jail time. Did you check to see why?

Nothing runs without friction. How on earth would it be possible to move something without having to move something else (air, for example) out of the way, thus causing friction? Yet on John's home page, he starts out by saying: The Searl Effect Generator (SEG) is a self-contained, electrical power generator, able to produce clean and sustainable energy. It is a magnetic prime mover that operates with no friction, and can supply electrical power to suit both home and industry.

There are hundreds of designs for "magnet motors" that somehow create energy out of thin air. Not one has ever worked. There have been thousands built (and there are many people building "replications" of designs that have never been demonstrated to work -- and the "replications" succeed only in replicating the failure of the original.

The YouTube "demonstrations" of the Searl effect are nothing more than electric motors: they claim about 3 watts input, which would be adequate to make such a motor run as shown with no load. They claim that the "real" device (these are just mockups, they claim) will simply replace the electric input with permanent magnets. This seemingly simple task implies a huge and earth-shaking leap from what is known about magnets: "magnet motors" do not work, and there is no physical reason why they should. The contention that replacing the electric circuitry with permanent magnet(s) will make the "generator" run is logically equivalent to saying that "We will now simply replace the electric circuit with a vial of hydrogen, and the machine will then run continuously with out any energy input."

If this machine were to work as described, it would overturn both Newtonian and quantum physics and known laws of thermodynamics, and would make its inventor an overnight zillionair. How could such a machine have become simply "lost" somewhere? And having had such a machine, why is the "inventor" simply selling books and bilking "members" and investors rather than getting together real funding, the availability of which is, today, unmatched: many efforts that are near the edge of known physics, and many which are currently horribly inefficient and very high risk are being funded by the $millions. To be sitting on such a discovery for 60 years without making a real effort to get these generators in use is wantonly reckless, is it not?

What makes you believe this guy is sincere?

Contrary to your assertion that we "should" hope it will be a successful project, I think we should hope that the guy is prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Unfortunately, he is aware that selling books (no matter how nutty) is not illegal, nor is soliciting "membership" and he is aware that tapping into small, unsophisticated inventors usually goes unpunished. Legitimate business efforts get real investors, and comply with the blue sky laws that effectively mean that you should only solicit "qualified" (i.e., sophisticated and well-to-do) investors, not the public at large, until you do a legitimate public offering (an IPO).

The Enrons of this world make the news, while the Dennis Lee and John Searl types rarely do. The SEC and similar bodies have big fish to fry, and fraud is difficult to prove, so the web is full of scam after scam after scam.

But if you have some plausible explanation of the physics involved, I'd love to hear it. Imagine how many physics professors (real professors) around the world would love to be among the first to jump on the Searl Effect bandwagon if it were plausible. What an incredible feather in one's cap to be able to say "While others doubted, I helped John Searl get his dream moved into reality, and completely changed all understanding of physics in the process." Why are our best and brightest not jumping on board? Thousands of scientists are working to better understand global warming, yet not one legitimate physicist has stepped forward to get this thing working in the 60 years since the scheme was dreamed up.

The world is full of naysayers who reject basic science. One would hope that here, at CR4, we'd have a more positive attitude, supporting rather than trashing science. Promoting "magnet motors" trashes real science.

In reply to #10

10/12/2007 12:35 PM

You can hear John Searl speak about his "invention" in this interview by a singularly uncritical interviewer. He claims to have had not one but three of the SEGs running in his home in the 60's when he was apparently poor, but now needs 500,000 pounds to get a prototype going again (and 14 million pounds to begin producing them).

http://pesn.com/Radio/Free_Energy_Now/recordings/2007/070224_SEG_John_Searl.mp3

Plausible?

In reply to #11

10/12/2007 12:49 PM

"Plausible?" Not on your tintype.

"He claims to have had not one but three of the SEGs running in his home in the 60's when he was apparently poor,"

Really? If that is true why did he not record documentation in detail? OR Why does he not have them still running to supply his needs today?

Ken, you are absolutely correct. Scams smell and this one stinks!

In reply to #11

06/21/2010 8:56 AM

What a laugh. What a freak. John Searl discovered some effect just like John Hutchison but cant replicate it. Its just a dream he has. No working prototype. You have to admire him for his persistence. If he was a real scientist he could do some real good. Unfortunately he is a bum.

Guru

In reply to #10

10/12/2007 2:41 PM

I'm convinced! Where can I buy your book?

Guru

In reply to #13

10/12/2007 3:53 PM

$100, available wherever fine drivel is sold.

In reply to #10

10/12/2007 3:27 PM

Thanks for covering this, sometimes I only get a chance to gloss over the free energy scams.

Professor" John Searl is not a professor of any sort. Per his own biography on his own website, he has no education at the college level, let alone at a the doctoral level required virtually everywhere for professorship. That alone should tell you he is a fraud, should it not?

I did not bother to look at his Biography section (I stopped after I reviewed the science and research). Perhaps in future I should start there, but for these sort of scams people will lie thru their teeth, and this scam has been repeating itself for a while now.

In reply to #10

10/12/2007 6:48 PM

Hi Ken, I have kept a close eye on this subject for years now, so I do understand why it may appear as a fraud, but upon close examination beyond the surface appearances, I do perceive it is worth investigating. In all fairness to the subject matter, I will present here the answers, as I understand it to the questions left here by you ken.

Searl is clearly a man that thinks "out of the box", this is due an accident that impaired his hearing so he grow up as bright self-taught young man and even got the offer of a scholarship to oxford in the medical field at the age 14 but his foster parents blocked it. After giving a lecture at the University of Munich Germany on March 12, 1989, the University officials were so impressed with John's knowledge of the mathematical process named "The Law of the Squares", that they presented him an HONORARY PROFESSORSHIP with the title- PROFESSOR OF MATHEMATICAL STRUCTURES OF CREATION AND ENERGY.

I think it is interesting that way the unique magnetic poles develop by a process of magnetization with DC over AC (frequency) application of power on a magnetic material. This alone is note worthy because the DC magnetized ring normally just develops an N S along the axis, but with Prof. Searl's process, it is a wave impression that is provable and repeatable. I think Ken you misunderstood what that trace waveform is reading.

Yes, the jail time was due to electric company finally noticing his was not registering power consumption, so of course they assumed electricity was getting tapped illegally. Keep in mind that is John Searl inventor of the SEG, so they searched the premise, dug trenches and they could not find the source power until they ripped out the wiring out the wall that traced it the SEG unit between the walls. Things got ugly after they refused to return the unit and John threats against the company only prompted the jail time for it.

The SEG does have inherent in its design the ability to develop a magnetic bearing, so in that sense it is frictionless. The Youtube unit shows some core principles of the SEG but it is as it says a mockup to demonstrate the basic design. The classical SEG is a converter of ambient energy such as the temperature we feel and take for granted. This is clear considering that the more electric current is drawn-out, the colder it gets. Therefore, it stands to reason that SEG will not work if its environment is at absolutely zero temperature which does not exist here or in space. By the way, I happen to know the person that invented the water to hydrogen process and it works! Trouble is he given up because of vicious critics and the threats to stop demonstrating his car and his machines that runs with it.

The Physics involves negative entropy at the quantum state or level with the formation of cooper pairs of electrical currents by a process that is unique to the SEG. This generator is taking advantage of the electron's inherent ability to absorb and emit photon energy and these electrical currents drives the rotors (rollers) around the stator ring. I have no problem in seeing a prototype built to investigate the matter. I really do not think it changes laws of physics; it just works it in a way not done by any other device.

I agree you that the Enron's of this world make the news, which is why it is good strategic move on Prof. Searl's part to redevelop the SEG from an Asian country, since it not possible from a western country, only than will it be taken seriously in due time.

Sorry if it rattles people's cages here, I can just leave it at that before we get too negative and let all believe whatever each wants, it is just that I am only sharing a more informed opinion of the SEG. I for one am glad to see it now fully funded, so they can get on with it.

Guru

In reply to #17

10/12/2007 7:27 PM

By the way, I happen to know the person that invented the water to hydrogen process and it works!

Which one, this old chestnut has been around for many years and seems to get rediscovered by someone each year (usually involving cars and stainless steel electrodes). Sure, you can get it to work, the problem that has always plagued this process is its inherent incredibly poor energy conversion efficiency.

Comments like that really don't help your credibility, could you please elaborate on who the inventor was and the approximate year, there should be plenty of info available thru the free energy websites on his discovery that I can verify.

Searl is clearly a man that thinks "out of the box"

As I have said before (regarding splitting H out of water using radio waves) althogh many of his claims (such as antigravity) appear incorrect and scientifically unproven, it's the "out of the box" thinking which may have produced something in his discovery that could actually be useful.

After giving a lecture at the University of Munich Germany on March 12, 1989, the University officials were so impressed with John's knowledge of the mathematical process named "The Law of the Squares", that they presented him an HONORARY PROFESSORSHIP with the title- PROFESSOR OF MATHEMATICAL STRUCTURES OF CREATION AND ENERGY.

I cannot verify this (I did try), but it certainly seems suspect form the get-go. In fact the only verification I could find was http://www.atlantisrising.com/issue1/ar1antigrav.html, Which in itself is HIGHLY dubious to say the least (one example - built his first flying antigravity device by accident when was 14). Where did your information come from, I think you should try and find the original source.

In reply to #18

10/12/2007 10:56 PM

I really do not know much about the water splitting methods but I do recall him saying he started it all and no one has been able to replicate his version, which is efficient and does not have electrode problems. He is no longer interested in promoting it and he is keeping a low profile, but I think I can arrange an invitation for January of 2008, if you are so interested to examine his demonstrator this is still in good working order. No need to worry, it will be well worth it if you do not mind travelling a few thousand mile to examine it and bring your friends if you like as well. Just let me know and I think I can arrange it.

Guru

In reply to #19

10/12/2007 11:46 PM

I may be interested in seeing this vehicle in January of 2008, but would need a description of what it is does. Can you give me the patent number? What is the energy used to split the water, and how much H2 is generated per watt of energy input?

In reply to #20

10/13/2007 12:25 AM

OK Ken, I will see if I can more information about it, next time I talk to him and put you on the list of interested parties in the meantime, but I tell you what the SEG is far more interesting if you can get past the initial disbelief.

Guru

In reply to #21

10/13/2007 1:39 AM

but I tell you what the SEG is far more interesting if you can get past the initial disbelief.

Actually my disbelief deepens the more I become familiar with John Searl, the SEG, his flying saucers, etc. I listened to a quite long interview of John in which absolutely nothing he said seemed plausible. He apparently thinks 10 or more of his discs have flown off into outer space. He says he worked with an American group for ten years but they wanted too much control. Ten years work, and nothing to show for it? It's been 20 years since he decided to go commercial, and he has not even a single working prototype, despite "having" many of them in the 60's.

I could find no record of his honorary degree being granted by either the Technical University of Munich or the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich. You claim this degree was awarded because of his knowledge of the mathematical process named "The Law of Squares." This "Law" is a fabrication of John's. Why would anyone at a university be impressed by an inventor's understanding of his own construct???

I am unable to find any record of any independent witness to a functioning SEG. You say the SEG is "far more interesting". What is interesting about it? It simply looks like just another "magnet motor" with similar claims for perpetual motion, with health benefits and antigravity thrown in to make it all even more implausible.

So I have no interest in the SEG. But your friend's hydrogen generator might be of interest if it can produce hydrogen with something like 90% efficiency. Subsequently burning that hydrogen in an ICE would be nonsensical, because the input energy would be far better spent in driving an electric motor. But perhaps your friend has something else in mind.

In reply to #22

10/14/2007 3:41 PM

Well, this news to me but it goes by the name of Hydrostar and he is not going around selling or advertising it. Considering he said no one has replicated it, those that are selling kits probably do not have it right. I do believe there is a patent on it. I do recall him saying that it makes 100L/hr as I witness this small four-stroke engine run off clear plastic tubes to show no liquids going in to the machine. I see now that the SEG concept is much too advanced for this forum, so I will make no farther mention of it here.

Guru

In reply to #27

10/15/2007 1:14 AM

Hydrostar!!!???

Your kidding, right? Are you doing this just to see if you can make us flip out?

The Hydrostar is An Incredibly Affordable System That Provides FREE
Energy!
(per their site).

They go on to say:

We keep hearing glorious things about our next generation
of vehicles; they will use fuel cells. The energy output of
fuel cells is hydrogen-wonderful, clean-burning, hydrogen.
The BIG PROBLEM is, fuel cells still have to be fueled with
petroleum products (gas, diesel, kerosene, oil, etc.). The
BIG OIL BOYS keep doing it to us! But, there's an easy and
exciting way out of this dilemma:

Only the HydroStar runs on Water.

This is utter crap. A standard fuel cell does not run on petroleum products. The energy output of a fuel cell is not hydrogen. A fuel cell takes in H2 and puts out water and electricity. One would hope that if you're trying to defraud the public into buying these things, you'd at least get a couple facts close.

Hydrogen requires energy to produce. The energy value of the hydrogen produced must be less that the energy input. So running your car on water is a net loss. Running a car on water means: creating a perpetual motion machine.

Is there anything you are interested in that is not so patently a fraud?

Never mind, don't answer. My times up.

In reply to #48

10/16/2007 1:27 AM

Ken, I would also like to add, to what I take for the origin of this folly:

It was the arbitrary association between electromagnetic field and the sci-fi idea of Anti-Gravitational field, that caught my eye on this one, and flagged it red.

We were all brain-etched by the media, a few years ago, with this Floating-Frog, which was labeled as "anti-gravity levitation", maybe by mischief or maybe by criminal negligence, I couldn't say.

Please, dear people, once and for all: the Floating Frog, is floating, not levitating. It floats atop a bowl-shaped, repulsive magnetic field, intensified by extreme cooling.

The repulsive field had to be intensified, in order to maintain enough repulsion to keep the frog afloat by repulsing the ferrous content in it's body.

The repulsive field was designed to be bowl-shaped (Concave) in order to create the necessary 'stable-balance' required to avoid it from toppling over a usual spheroid (or cardioid) magnetic field.

Please, the floating frog is a stable-balance magnetic repulsion.

Not Anti-Gravitational levitation.

The only Anti-gravitation in existence to date, exist in some infantile wishful-thinking, not in any concrete reality, to be methodised empirically.

Guru

In reply to #19

10/14/2007 3:11 PM

See, Kens comments in comment #20. Patent info and some data required first. I am a REAL power engineer with an open mind but I have been burned many times when I have spent a great deal of time trying to help or investigate a design or idea from a supposed professor or qualified scientest/engineer only to find out that they have been less than truthful, and have no clear grasp of reality. NO I DONT ACCEPT THE TIME AND GPS COORIDNATES OF WHEN THE ALIENS CAME TO EARTH AND GAVE YOU THE FREE ENERGY GENERATOR TECHNOLOGY AND TOLD YOU THAT THE GIA SPIRIT OF EARTH IS BEING DAMAGED BY NUKELEAR POWER.

One of those "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" times.

In reply to #17

10/13/2007 10:51 AM

"After giving a lecture at the University of Munich Germany on March 12, 1989, the University officials were so impressed with John's knowledge of the mathematical process named "The Law of the Squares", that they presented him an HONORARY PROFESSORSHIP with the title- PROFESSOR OF MATHEMATICAL STRUCTURES OF CREATION AND ENERGY."

Wikipedia must be as ignorant as the rest of us here on CR4.

Google found a number of hits attributed to the "prof." Searl. In one he said you had to be "brainwashed" of all previous concepts in order to understand such profound topics such as the law of the squares.

The 'prof.' deserves all the credit he gets from the "brainwashed."

In reply to #23

10/13/2007 12:18 PM

Thanks allot Stan, your unkind words was completely unnecessary.

Anonymous Poster
In reply to #10

07/08/2008 11:34 AM

When I was a kid - 50 years ago - I had a magic device on my bike; a little wheel pressed against the tyre and the lights lit up. Wow, free energy! Free energy nothing; I was rotating a magnet inside a wire coil, Faraday's basic demo project, and as for free, I held off putting the lights on as late as possible because it made pedalling a lot harder. Friction, lots of it, and the mechanical load of rotating the magnet inside the coil. What I wanted but couldn't afford was a Dynohub with a dynamo in the hub so less of the friction but still the mechanical drag of pulling the magnets through the coils. Free energy? I wish. If Mr Searl thinks it is a practicality hidden for 60+ years, why does the Royal Navy spend millions building and developing rotten, inefficient, hazardous, heavy, nuclear reactor steam generators instead of a SEG that could whisk their SSBNs and SSKNs along for nothing? Are they all as dim as a Toc H lamp compared to the good "professor"?

Mike Ney
CompanionCIBSE

Power-User

In reply to #107

07/10/2008 5:55 AM

And have you noticed that the 'bike dynamo fallacy' has begun to afflict people who should know better? It began with the idea of regenerative braking: that is, using electromagnetic braking to feed energy back into a battery. No problem there. Then there was the idea of electromagnetic damping, where the shock absorbers of cars also recapture energy. No problem there either.

However, one now often reads about 'ecological' schemes to generate energy from the movement of pedestrians or cars. The belief seems to be that this energy would otherwise be wasted in some sense. But it isn't; it is all the difference between easy movement and difficult movement. To put it more bluntly: it is blatant theft. The 'wasted' energy is, in fact, the extra energy which one has to use to progress over the sprung floor or the in-road ramp. If these schemes are ever implemented, they will amount to an unannounced tax: somewhere down the line one will be spending more on petrol or food. I suppose that one could just about make the case that a sprung floor is good for forcing the obese to take exercise.

Nevertheless, it is amazing that such schemes are presented as being 'imaginative' or 'environmentally friendly' . To me, they prove that many modern engineers/designers are scientifically incompetent - or plain crooked!

In reply to #108

07/10/2008 1:39 PM

As far as I know, there is no free lunch. Last year someone told us of a Canadian inventor suggesting electromagnetic road bumps, to assist in juicing the neighboring street lamp-posts or something. It was replied with a remark that apparently in such system, the chemically-driven petrol engines of the passing cars, are likely to be taxed for feeding the juice into the system...

So, eventually, these lamp-posts were to be fed by chemical combustion, via a complicated transport system, consisting of cars rolling over road bumpers.

There is no such thing as a true closed-system. Energy simply rolls from one sector to another, down the potential slope and up the entropy level.

Energy economics is always about looking at the widest scope possible

Power-User

In reply to #109

07/15/2008 9:10 AM

That is just the sort of thing that I mean. It is not even a new idea. I have seen an old patent for a 'roller-in-road' scheme. It was so old that the cars depicted in the drawings were Model-T Fords! A modern inventor has even proposed the idea of a 'power-station' which consists of a circular track with cars running round it; just to spin an underground flywheel. He does not seem to believe in Newton's third law. The really shocking thing is that he got a paper, describing this scheme, into a mainstream academic journal dealing in energy management!

In reply to #110

07/18/2008 6:37 AM

http://letters.computing.co.uk/2007/11/convenient-trut.html

Thursday, 15 November 2007
Convenient truths to remember

I agree wholeheartedly with your comments about attitudes towards science and technology in the UK (An inconvenient truth about science, Editor's diary, editor.computing.co.uk).

How many people who are seriously concerned about climate change and are looking to "do their bit" are aware of the work of companies such as Ecowatts or the Searl Solution? These are UK companies working with truly revolutionary ideas that are hardly ever given a mention, or are rubbished out of hand as frauds. So it is with a lot of UK science and technology. It seems technology today is seen as more of a curse than a blessing in this country, despite our amazing heritage and success in technology in days gone by.

We should be doing more to support and promote our technology workers rather than trying to knock them down and drive them away.

Gordon Docherty

Power-User

In reply to #111

07/30/2008 5:38 PM

Thankyou for showing us that hilarious spoof letter, suggesting that Searl is a real boon; rather than a conman. The fact that it was apparently published, without anybody noticing the hoax, indeed proves the ignorance of some engineers.

In reply to #111

07/31/2008 2:28 AM

The original article in Computing to which the hoax letter refers is here: http://www.computing.co.uk/computing/analysis/2201889/inconvenient-truth-science-3579408

It's hard to imagine that Mr Docherty was serious in writing this letter, because the original article had to do with legitimate, valuable scientific advances, which often fall under the radar of the mass media. The article did not in any way suggest that frauds such as Searl should be promoted, or that the ideas associated with such frauds are "truly revolutionary".

That companies such as Ecowatts are "rubbished out of hand as frauds" shows that healthy skepticism is alive in the UK, and that not everyone has succumbed to profound gullibility.

The Ecowatts claims are extraordinary. As we all know, electric heat is 100% efficient: a heater, obviously, does not give off "waste heat." Therefore, their claim that "The Ecowatts Thermal Energy Cell (TEC) is an electrolysis based energy cell that converts electrical power into heat at an efficiency significantly greater than that of a conventional immersion heater" is clearly rubbish. The company offers no plausible explanation for their claim of having overturned the laws of physics.

That these frauds keep going for so long is sad. Most countries should be doing more to "knock down and drive away" such fraudsters. These con men are anything but "technology workers."

In reply to #113

07/31/2008 1:46 PM

"...That these frauds keep going for so long is sad. Most countries should be doing more to "knock down and drive away" such fraudsters. These con men are anything but "technology workers."..."

- You may all stone me for it, but I would insist on saying exactly the same about "Cold Fusion" and all the public and private funding being poured into it, which I personally think is the most outrageous pseudo-scientific hoax in modern science, along with some of the newly funded "Superconducting Super Collider" type of projects.

I know, I know. I'll keep my mouth shut for everyone's relative comfort...

I'm gone

Power-User

In reply to #114

07/31/2008 2:06 PM

For nearly 20 years, cold-fusion has been obeying Langmuir's rule for a pseudoscience: i.e. gradually fading away to nothing. There may still be private funding for it, but I do not know of any public funding.

Hot-fusion projects are still the best long-term bet for providing almost inexhaustible energy.

The SSC is part of fundamental scientific research. Such research has to be pursued in order to 'keep the theory honest'. If you want to criticise some aspect of modern physics, have a go at string theory. It is seductive, but currently untestable.

In reply to #115

07/31/2008 2:59 PM

"...The SSC is part of fundamental scientific research..."

Which was basically said about "Cold-Fusion" nearing it's start in the late nineteen-eighties.

These SSR are there to support what's called "The Standard Model". Fundamental indeed.

The so-long sought for "Higgs Boson" is an entity speculated for the support of a hypothetical theory (That so-called "Standard Model"), to which (if and when the illusive - or elusive - particle found), no-one has yet found a solution to it's three main Field-Equations;

For one of those equation, "QED", you have approximation solutions done by math gymnastics of "Re-Normalisation" (subtracting one infinity from a greater infinity, no less) which is roughly like painting a bull's eye around the tip of a stuck arrow, and the other two ("QCD" and "The Weak Force") you can't even solve with this absurdity of "Re-Normalisation", because there is an innate hindrance to solve it at all.

You named it, "Fundamental".

I say "Hoax".

Tomatoes, Tomaetoes…

Power-User

In reply to #116

08/01/2008 10:10 AM

I don't remember cold-fusion as being presented as fundamental scientific research. From the very first press conference (sic), it was offered as being a ready-made working practical solution to energy problems; just like any of the other snake-oil free-energy scams on the internet. It IS true that one of the proponents of CF had to 'go back' on the theory which had underpinned his 'celebrated' papers on hydrogen embrittlement.

I agree about the Higgs Boson being a dubious concept; it seems to me to contradict the tenets of special relativity by implicitly introducing a universal reference frame.

If one thinks about it carefully, one could argue that Fermat's principle in optics is clearly nonsense because one can ask "how does the light ray 'know' which is the shortest-time path even before it sets out". Bohm introduced the rather silly 'pilot wave' concept in order to answer that question. QCD answers it much more neatly. Renormalisation is not really an essential ingredient of QM these days.

In reply to #121

08/01/2008 11:05 AM

"...Bohm introduced the rather silly 'pilot wave' concept in order to answer that question..." - Just like Einstein introduced his "cosmological Constant" only to be ridiculed for it later. Painting a bull's eye around one's arrow-tip exposes weakness, not drives a point to conclusion.

Guru

In reply to #114

07/31/2008 6:51 PM

I might not put the SSC in the same class as cold fusion, but I'd put "the hydrogen economy" ahead of either in terms of needlessly sucking up public funds under what is essentially false pretense.

Although hydrogen can be used to fuel cars either by burning the stuff or by running it through a fuel cell, the general discussion and political hype completely sidesteps the issues of how hydrogen is produced, stored, transported, and sold. If H2 is produced via electrolysis in a lab in the US, you start with a pound of coal (worth about 3 kWh) and burn it to get 1kWh of electricity. Then you do the electrolysis to get 800 watt hours worth of H2. Burn that in a typical engine, and you get perhaps 200 watts output from your 3000 watts of coal. Run the H2 through a fuel cell, and perhaps you get 400 watts out of your 3000 watts of coal. This ignores all the losses in compressing, refrigeration, transportation, etc.

Produce H2 as it is done commercially, from methane, and then you have to wonder, "why not just run your car on methane and save all the losses?"

Hardly the ecological panacea promised by politicians.

In reply to #117

08/01/2008 4:01 AM

GOLDEN AGE TECH
John Searl and the Searl Effect Generator
SUBTITLE: English, Chinese, Aulac, Spanish, French, German, Russian, Arabic, Persian, Italian Portuguese , Indonesian Korean Bulgarian, Slovenian,

A Satellite program broadcasting today Sept 1, Worldwide.
Times:
06:30
12:30
18:30
Next day
00:30

Enjoy, this is only the beginning....

Power-User

In reply to #118

08/01/2008 10:20 AM

... of the end of Searl? The more that he talks, the more that one can see the scam for what it is. Look at all of the new Searl material uploaded to Youtube; one can clearly see him 'making it up as he goes along'.

In reply to #123

08/02/2008 1:50 AM

…on the contrary, don't be so blind, get you head out the ground, not only he is gaining greater acceptance World-wide, but he is also raising awareness of a higher level of energy that is clean and omnipresent with new technology that is still ahead of its time. He is inspiring individuals to think 'outside the box', to find solutions which is a good thing, because there exists a problem with narrow-minded institutionalized (brainwashed) heads; they have proven to be unfit to solve the energy crises. This bring to mind of Prof. Searl's message which is posted one of his sites, I really think it applies well to some in this forum….

http://www.searlsolution.com/johnsearl2.html

Guru

In reply to #128

08/02/2008 2:06 AM

In "...inspiring individuals to think 'outside the box'..." do you mean, like, "Outside the laws of physics" ?

Reply Score 1 for Good Answer
Anonymous Poster
In reply to #129

08/02/2008 2:44 AM

Don't be such sarcastic clown… it means outside of your limited scope of what you believe is true physics; in reality this more to it then we all know presently. We have to explore the possibilities, this is much to learn about the natural universe its processes, nature is the actually the barer of true physics whether you like or not. We need pioneers like John Searl more now than ever before.

Guru

In reply to #130

08/02/2008 6:14 AM

"...much to learn about the natural universe its processes, nature is the actually the barer of true physics whether you like or not..."

- Oh. I like it plenty, only I think we should humbly learn, measure, and test nature's behaviour, instead of letting our imagination and fantasies dictate to it what it can or cannot do.

Hubris is a result of the lack of proven knowledge, not necessarily a drive to learn...

The empirical is the reliable tester of what we have learnt, not the limiter of our wildest imagination, as to what we fantasise, nature should be able to do.

Things as fantastic as Nano-Technology, Electronics and Nuclear Physics were born out of empirical thought and methodologies, something cannot be said about pseudo-science in all it's examples and varieties throughout history.

There are methods and theoretical limitations called "requirements" behind scientific thought, it's not like "It's nonsense, but let's theorise it anyway".

Something you postulate, even the yet unproven, must be in accordance to everything else we know, otherwise you're bound to describe the whole lot according to your imaginary postulate.

That's exactly why the String theory for instance cannot fly, and my bet is that it never will

Guru

In reply to #130

08/02/2008 1:23 PM

String theory is a good example of science at the bleeding edge. Scientists around the world, in reviewing the associated theories, (there is no universally accepted single string theory) can say "Yes, but..." "Yes, but..." because there are some underpinnings for the various theories that are more-or-less accepted. But there is a great deal of healthy skepticism, as there must be in real science.

In contrast there is nothing in Searl's theories that is plausible. No scientists say "Yes, but..." Scientists simply say "No." A system of math based on Magic Squares (the puzzles for third graders)??? "Generators" that mysteriously levitate (but have never been observed to do so outside the head of Searl)??? Beneficial health effects from being near these "generators" ??? Perpetual motion???

Come now.

John Searl is no more a "pioneer" in science than a doctor proposing, today, to cure brain cancer with leaches. He is either insane or a fraud. It's that simple. I'd love to think that he is simply insane (deserving of pity), but I think he is much more likely to be a fraud (deserving of contempt): otherwise, why the slick websites?

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but you will find it more easily advanced on sites where respect for science and scientists is much lower than here. If your intent is only to be insulting, then I'd have to say that your posts make no meaningful contribution here: we are not here to bash science and scientists.

In reply to #136

08/03/2008 1:23 PM

I like to think of Searl as being the "poor man's L.Ron Hubbard". Where Elron had his cure-all E-Meter, Searl has his SEG. Both like to pose with meters. Both attract adoration from those who are inherently more intelligent, and then use their skills to promote his cause in various ways. Both have occasional spats with their associates, who are then declared 'criminals' and non-persons. Both require worship of their works and artefacts, and anyone who doesn't is supposed to be part of a conspiracy.

Oh, and both have female groupies.

In reply to #118

08/04/2008 3:47 PM

Thankyou for bringing that to my attention. It was indeed hilarious. With any luck, it will undermine any respect for the entire site.

In reply to #117

08/01/2008 4:07 AM

The show will be aired 4 times during the day and can be viewed online at http://suprememastertelevision.com/ , by satellite across the globe (Please visit our website: http://suprememastertelevision.com/ for which satellites for which countries) or by Sky channel 835 in the UK and Ireland.

Power-User

In reply to #119

08/02/2008 11:48 AM

Did you hear his recent interview on VNN? It was quite clear that the interviewer did not believe what Searl was saying, but was clearly constrained, to go along with the fantasy, by the closed-minded thinking of the pseudoscientist. That is why there is generally more coherence and friendliness among crackpots than there is among skeptics. The crackpots know very well that the first one to ask self-critical questions will bring about the collapse of the entire house-of-cards.

In reply to #117

08/01/2008 8:28 AM

Why not indeed

Methane, is the most Hydrogen-rich molecule of all carbohydrates, and can be harvested (and is harvested) in waste dumps. It also burns the cleanest of all other carbohydrates

Power-User

In reply to #120

08/01/2008 10:22 AM

Point of information: methane is a hydrocarbon; not a carbohydrate.

In reply to #124

08/01/2008 10:44 AM

I suppose the appropriate response would be:

"Oh! O!"

In reply to #125

08/02/2008 11:36 AM

Or,

"O(h), No!"

In reply to #132

08/02/2008 12:51 PM

Oy!

In reply to #134

08/02/2008 1:00 PM

Chancellor Alistair Darling is right to go into reverse gear

If green taxes are really to help the environment why is that government and political green organisations ignore inventions and discoveries which could have a real major impact on energy needs. Two inventions that are nearing commercialisation are the Lutec Electricity Amplifier (www.lutec.com.au) and the Searl Effect Generator (www.searlsolution.com) Anyone who is seriously interested in our energy problems can read the information at these links. Of course anyone who is seriously interested in "green" issues should already know about them.

Now for those who are impressed by big name organisations (government funded)and think that is synonomous with integrity then please think again. My first position after graduating was with a well known and highly respected government research establishment. Being very "green" I thought research was about discovering and producing factual information. After being told to produce graphs in a "certain" way (do you ever wonder why experimental points are always removed?) and witnessing very misleading facts being published (they were just economical with the truth!) I realised I was in the wrong job. These things were being done to enhance reputations and promotion prospects. OK to be fair I did work with some people of great integrity and for whom I had great respect, but they weren't the one's who shout from the rooftops. I also had the honour of being co-author with two of these honest people in publishing a paper which would have been one of the first
detailing an application utilising digital computers, which were very rare at the time. Today this technique is known as "computer medelling", but that doesn't change the accuracy of the results produced.

I am in favour of cleaning up the planet and being economical with our valuable resources, but many of these problems started from the 1950s when we lost the recycling habit. If that had been maintained then we wouldn't be scrambling to reinstate the habit.
Posted by D. Mitchell on June 28, 2008 1:47 PM

Reply Score 1 for Off Topic
Guru

In reply to #135

08/02/2008 4:42 PM

Vaguely interesting post, albeit completely unrelated to the topic other than having mentioned the name Searl, and the website, of which we are all painfully aware.

I found the term "computer meddeling" especially interesting. I assume that the writer meant "computer meddling" which would be, I assume, the practice of interfering in the affairs of others by employing a computer. Would off-topic posts fit the definition?

In reply to #135

08/03/2008 1:02 PM

Personally, I love to hear about governments, big business or 'high-tech' companies spending money on crackpot ideas. With luck, it will either undermine their power - or at least lead to calls to 'beef up' science education. NASA, for instance, spent millions on trying to develop the Podkletnov Effect even though every physicist in the world had immediately dismissed it as being an artefact resulting from sloppy experimentation.

ELF Aquitaine (the French oil company) was once duped out of millions by a couple of conmen and a fake 'ore-sniffing' machine. Very recently, a beauty spot in the UK was defaced by prospectors searching for oil 'found' by monitoring non-existent sub-atomic particles.

The UK government is currently funding the Emdrive; a ludicrous 'space drive' that supposedly does not obey Newton's third law. Questions have already been asked, about this expenditure, in the House of Commons. Unfortunately, the person asking the questions has embarassing links to 'big oil' so, naturally, his criticism will be dismissed as being part of a conspiracy.

The attitudes of the internet are beginning to infect the real world. Beware!

In reply to #132

05/09/2010 6:03 PM

Now THAT, is WIT !!!!....lol.....11 out of 10.....

Guru

In reply to #124

08/01/2008 3:30 PM

That's right, my bad

Power-User

In reply to #117

08/01/2008 10:15 AM

Very true. In fact, I seem to remember that there is a fairly recent paper in the journal, 'Public Understanding of Science', which makes that point at some length.

10/13/2007 12:50 PM

'prof.' Searl seems to 'hang his hat' on his "Law of the Squares"

"The Law of the Squares

John Searl Solution : SEG Technology Professor Searl has written many books on the subject of The Law Of The Squares, and he uses these natural matrix laws to construct the Searl Effect ... www.searlsolution.com/technology4.html - 11k -

In the second reference the 'prof.' makes an obvious, if not profound statement: "You can not have different matter In the same space, but you can have different matter in different spaces at the same time, or have different matter in the same space at different times."

He supports his work on the basis of his many books on the subject! Inbreeding?

Bah! Humbug.

10/14/2007 7:59 PM

Another Free-Energy investor's paradise?

What's with you people?

Can't you see a scam when you come across it?

- - - -

Here is one, the Yuval Effect Generator:

- What is the Yuval effect: Around each living body, there is an aura of electromagnetic cross-line fields. By looping a platinum areal around this body, an anti-gravitational field can be created (not that it ever was, or ever will be built) and either be used to levitate or assist any transport system used by this body, or it can be used (not that it ever will) to convert this energy for heat transfer, like cooking, air-conditioning or it can be used to . . . Launder hard earned mafia money, free of charge

- What can you do with it: You can invest (Would you please?, my new yacht is not yet fully payed for) to complete the idea into full fruition then become rich when the world will realise what they have missed, or you can immediately give me a few hundred thousands, to become my intimate partner in further rolling this scam, on the web or otherwise.

Geeez....

Almost forgot, you need a serious-looking, solid, dependable faced chap on the teaser, so here goes:

But frankly, for my money, you can put this one instead:

Reply to Forum Thread Page 1 of 5: « First 1 2 3 Next > Last »
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

AdmiralAckbar (5); andresp (2); Anonymous Poster (49); bhankiii (3); Blink (35); Del the cat (1); Flowerbower (129); ironfighter (2); jack of all trades (27); JRaef (1); Kumaran9000000 (61); Simsworks (7); snygolfgs (2); Stinky Pete (1); Stirling Stan (5); TechWise (28); vermin (1); Yuval (82)

Previous in Forum: Transformer neutral   Next in Forum: 150Hp Motor
You might be interested in: Hall Effect Position Sensors, Motor and Generator Winding Services, Junction Field-Effect Transistors (JFET)