CR4 - The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion®

Previous in Forum: Conversion Unit for EU/mL to EU/pair of gloves   Next in Forum: What's Your Take on Energy Drinks?
Close

Comments Format:

Close

Subscribe to Discussion:

CR4 allows you to "subscribe" to a discussion
so that you can be notified of new comments to
the discussion via email.

Close

Rating Vote:

Page 1 of 3: « First 1 2 3 Next > Last »
Power-User

Good Answers: 7

Does the Human Body Store Electrical Charges?

07/06/2009 5:28 PM

I have an acquaintance how says he cannot wear a wrist watch, mechanical or electronic, because of "all the electricity stored in his body" from all the years he was a welder. He later became a medical equipment technician and somewhat of an electronics guru. I would have thought that as he developed his knowledge of electronics he would have abandoned that idea, but he sticks to it to this day. I, too, always had trouble with watches, but attributed it to the banging around I gave them in the work I do. I have never had a problem with digital watches. I asked him why the "charge" in his body could not be dissapated and he gave some techno-bable answer and then said it was a mistery. Am I missing something or is there something to this "stored charge" story? -- JHF

This discussion was "closed" on 08/17/2009 12:47 PM. No new comments are allowed.
Message from admins:
Discussion comments are turning personal in nature. Closing before the become outright attacking and hostile.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Guru
United States - Member - USA! Hobbies - Musician - Sound Man Engineering Fields - Mechanical Engineering - More than a Hobby Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member

Good Answers: 99

Re: Stored electrical charge in human body

07/06/2009 5:37 PM

The human body works on a roughly 0.7V signal. (You can see it with careful instrumentation)

And no, welding will not "store" electricity in your body. Complete hogwash.

As far as wearing a watch goes... I don't wear them, cause I'll either have it scratched up and broken in no time, or I'll loose a hand due to my watch getting caught on some machine part. No rings, necklaces, or anything else for that matter, I like all my digits.

I've done my fair share of welding, and I still only have the "Normal" 0.7V in my nervous system just like everybody else.

Good Answers: 29
In reply to #1

07/09/2009 10:07 AM

Yes, we know this from the movie "The Matrix"

Guru
New Zealand - Member - Kiwi Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Engineering Fields - Power Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 254

07/06/2009 6:08 PM

Sometimes the simplest answer is the correct one, your acquaintance is likely talking about "static electricity". If over the years he developed dry cracked skin in his hands, and he wore certain types of clothes, and the humidity was within a certain range due to his location he could regularly generate significant static buildup on the surface of his body (even by just walking around).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Static_electricity

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triboelectric_effect

I would recommend a change of attire and possibly a grounding strap.

United States - Member - USA! Hobbies - Musician - Sound Man Engineering Fields - Mechanical Engineering - More than a Hobby Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member

Good Answers: 99

07/06/2009 7:08 PM

Yes, I suppose your common static electricity is a stored charge in the body... but has nothing (that I'm aware of) due to welding. And I also suppose, that static electricity must be very high voltage, due to the fact that you can literally see the sparks, when pulling on a wool sweater that was freshly washed without the use of fabric softener. My dog also gives me quite a jolt after he has been laying in the sun for a while, that jolt is also a visible spark. Come to think of it, my jeep Gives me a heck of a jolt just about every time i touch it. Maybe I should pick my feet up higher when I walk.

However, I still stand by my statement that the welding has given your friend stored electricity in his body is complete hogwash. Maybe the chemistry in is skin allows him to quickly and effectively build a static charge. Don't let him handle your sensitive electronics.

Just out of curiosity... When the body builds a static charge, (say from dragging your sock covered feet on the carpet) That charge is stored on the body's surface (skin) correct? It's held on the dermal layer? And actually, the 0.7V I stated in the first post was from my psychology class many moons ago, and is supposed to be the voltage of the human nervous system... Does the 0.7V still hold water today?

In any case, I completely agree, that his "symptoms" are due to static charge, rather than an actual external electrical source build-up.

Good Answers: 24
In reply to #3

07/08/2009 12:19 PM

I don't think your body stores electricity from normal welding either.

However, my brother was an electrician in the Air Force and was electrocuted with 16,400 volts by a relay on a runway. He was in the hospital for two weeks being de-electrified with electrodes attached to him the entire time.

Good Answers: 145

07/06/2009 8:10 PM

Ask him if he's still buying those $4 Rolex watches off that guy in the alley between 42nd and 43rd on Broadway.

Hobbies - Automotive Performance - New Member Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member

Location: Want to be: 34° 34' 21.60" N, 92° 55' 42.28" W Really am in Arizona
Good Answers: 1096

07/06/2009 10:19 PM

His skin probably eats the back out of the cheap watches he buys. The humidity is terrible there and electrolysis may be working on the watch to eat the metal away.

My wrist turned green there if I wore a cheap watch, which was all I could afford.

Hobbies - Fishing - New Member

Good Answers: 446

07/06/2009 11:58 PM

With all of that electricity stored in his body, ask your friend to ground himself and grab the end of a live welding rod. If nothing happens he must be telling the truth........Only kidding, he might try it!

United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain - possibly to become "South Scotland" or "Non-Caledonia" from September 2016. Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 591

07/07/2009 3:14 AM

What about "clockwork" mechanisms?

Re: Does the Human Body Store Electrical Charges?

07/07/2009 10:49 PM

Your friend is an idiot and needs to go back to school!

Register to Reply
Power-User

Good Answers: 4
In reply to #8

07/08/2009 3:12 AM

Does some Idots hide behind "GUEST"?

My Father was a "Watchmaker"; I saw that any expensive watch of the mechanical kind, stopped in minnets after is was put on some peoples arms. Sometimes, if it was worn on the persons other arm it would work normally!

On my mother in law's left arm only a man's watch did work, not on the right and she could not wear a lady's watch.

I would very much like to hear a truthfully explanation for this as it still bugs me!

Jurie

Register to Reply Off Topic (Score 5)
Guru
Popular Science - Weaponology - bwire Hobbies - Car Customizing - New Member

Good Answers: 98

07/07/2009 10:53 PM

Check his pH to tell if his body qualifies as an electrical storage device

Good Answers: 5
In reply to #9

07/07/2009 11:18 PM

The gentleman would be correct in saying that he destroys both digital and mechanical wrist watches. I had the same effect on very expensive Wrist and Fob watches in both cheap to $2,000.00 watches up until about 20 years ago when I had a series of severe accidents. My nervous system took a beating and since then, I have not destroyed the digital watches as much. Ask the gentleman if he has trouble sleeping normally or is he like me and only sleeps an hour or two per night. Does he also have trouble 'Switching Off his brain'? My Jeweller refused to replace or even sell me watches that lasted only a few days to a couple of weeks. Each time the mechanical watches were returned to him, he would open them saying that they appeared to have been ground up inside although there was not the slightest hint externally to show any type of abuse. We even went to the experiment of of wearing a static bracelet connected to the watches. My body voltage & resistance was very high compared to the other sales staff in the shop. Batteries in digital watches lasted a day of so before being pronounced DEAD. As for welding energy buildup, I think that that would be his way of dealing with the co-incidence of power energy.

I pity him because so many put rash "supposedly cannot exist" reasoning to rubbish him. I have proven the fact to many of my freinds and relatives as I was also rubbished.

United States - Member - New Member Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member

In reply to #10

07/08/2009 10:19 AM

I am glad to hear confirmation of this. My father had the same problem. He wore a mechanical self winding watch. All others would stop working.

Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - Been there, done that, still doing it. Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 584
In reply to #26

07/08/2009 1:21 PM

A convoluted Google search lead me to this copy-written entry from the textbook called "Copper and the Skin" written by Hostýnek and Maibach. If the link works, notice the leading sentence on page 32. I think it says it all.

In reply to #36

07/08/2009 1:29 PM

I'm thinking post #9 was misunderstood; thank you for clarification.

Good Answers: 1
In reply to #36

07/10/2009 8:23 PM

That's what I said...

In reply to #10

07/08/2009 1:06 PM

No intent to rubbish you but had you checked your bodies pH? Interested if a correlation may exist?

United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain - possibly to become "South Scotland" or "Non-Caledonia" from September 2016. Kettle's on.
In reply to #9

07/09/2009 11:31 AM

Eh? That indication is one of acidity and alkalinity only, and could only be used on body fluids!

07/07/2009 11:30 PM

I have a friend who can only wear mechanical watches. the electronic ones stop within a couple days. They don't even go blank, the time just stops changing. It's the strangest thing I've ever seen. Mechanical watches work just fine on him. He has no psudoscientific explanation.

07/08/2009 1:03 AM

I am the same way with watches.

After thinking about the issue with watches I came to a simple conclusion: being somewhat a nervous, A personality type- My stomach acids mixed with naturally occuring chemicals such as particles of aluminum (soda cans, etc), iron (cast iron pots/pans) and whatever else the water brings to us esp COPPER and ZINC being in Arizona...
I have a mix of what any battery maker would consider a potential electrical charge in just waiting to happen. And it happens.

Well...that and the Sector 5 Gamma Delta Quadrant alien abduction in '70...

and I refuse to discuss the anal probes, so don't ask!

JL Mealer
Mealer Companies LLC
America's Next Major Automaker
http://mealercompanies.com

United States - Member - Donald here, Campbell Lighting Co. Engineering Fields - Retired Engineers / Mentors - New Member

In reply to #12

07/08/2009 5:29 AM

Ha ha... hey, by the way, nice car design, and, it powers my house?

Donald

In reply to #15

07/08/2009 12:22 PM

Thanks.. and Yes, it will power your house, workshop and mig welder.

JL Mealer
Mealer Companies

Register to Reply
Power-User

07/08/2009 3:23 AM

Certainly human bodies store electric potential as static charge proves. The radio & tv waves thru the air are intercepted by the human body which acts as an antenna. A brother is extremely sensitive to emf fields emitted by mobile phones- an earthed dish interposed between ear & phone worked. The type of electricity or correctly electro-magnetism that we use in our houses & machinery is different to the electric charge of the human body, which uses sodium & potassium atoms to transmit impulses- no electrons in sight!. So the static charges are certainly not stored in the human body-but the extremities- such as clothing. Welding uses low voltage/hi amperage- the resistance of the skin stops any lasting damage to a shock-unless earthed thru the body when fatalities can occur due to internal organ damage. So no your acquaintenance has not stored electrons from welding in his body- though he thinks so- & the power of belief can be very powerful. A test- measure the electric potential using a dmm of your friend to earth- compare it with yourself & others-if unusual- report back!.

Register to Reply Score 1 for Good Answer
Anonymous Poster
In reply to #14

07/08/2009 6:14 AM

When people hypnotise ,do they not pass some charge thru the fingers ?

I have heard that people with great intellect /spirituality has an aura around there body and very few can see it .Is not some kind of charge ?

In Hindu way of life , when a pupil touches the feet of a master, the master touches his head ,so that good energy in the form of passes from Master to Pupil.

Even the healing powers of Saints ,suppose to be by transfer of some charge from the healer.

I think , this charge varies from person to person. Can we have some more inputs on it.

Register to Reply
Guru
Popular Science - Cosmology - New Member

Good Answers: 16
In reply to #16

07/10/2009 11:31 AM

Google 'Kirlan Photography' for auras.

BTW; We used to regularly build up a charge working around HVDC test equipment in the 500Kv to 2Mv range. 6 or 8 100Meg resistors in series were always on somebody's bench. Without them we could get a very nasty shock from grounding out. (We all wore thick rubber soles against the AC power cables strung up for testing.)

Good Answers: 12
In reply to #16

07/10/2009 2:36 PM

Sure "guest" at 16.

Garbage! Nonsense! Absurdity! Foolishness! Superstition!

j.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #60

07/10/2009 9:20 PM

Well there ya go again Jack. If you argue your limitations, they are yours.

Buck Rodgers points his laser at the bad guy's. Tzzarrp, ptooff. 'No Problem"

Good Answers: 10

07/08/2009 7:52 AM

I have somewhat of the same problem, i'm like a magnet when electricity is around. Shocks but they don't seem to be static type.

Cel phones are another problem i have. I lose the signal when i use them. Somebody can be talking fine and hand me the phone the signal gets all choppy and can't hear the other person.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #17

07/08/2009 1:09 PM

Some dance to a different drum and others are on another frequency

In reply to #34

07/09/2009 4:35 AM

Do they sing from the same hymn sheet though?

In reply to #34

07/10/2009 11:20 PM

Tzzarrp, ptooff. 'No Problem"

In reply to #34

07/11/2009 5:03 AM

And some were born short circuited.

j.

Register to Reply
Power-User

07/08/2009 8:43 AM

This is an interesting topic. I am normally a very sceptical person and require scientific proof to accept belief, but this oddity is up in the air for me. I chalk down a lot of situations and accounts of things like this to psychosomatic tendencies but I remember my buddy telling me stories of his mom's inability to wear a watch. She has now passed but he had told me how she had been hit by lightning a couple of different times, the one time she was sleeping in bed and it had come through the window into her arm and watch. Sounds crazy but after that she could not wear a watch that would keep time.

In reply to #18

07/08/2009 8:56 AM

If your around alot of electro-magnetic energy the metals in your bones could become polarized and cause you to have a abnormally stronger magnetic field than a normal person.

Register to Reply Score 1 for Good Answer
Guru

07/08/2009 8:50 AM

There's a very good test to settle this, provided one wants to believe evidence rather than legends. Find a Van deGraf generator. Most science centers have them. Most physics departments do also. Wear an inexpensive watch. If they let you get up on the little platform and hold the generator ball, do so. Otherwise, place your watch atop the ball. Run it up to a nice charge - the kind that makes your hair stand on end. Then check the watch.

In reply to #19

07/10/2009 9:46 PM

I can't really give you a GA for that, even though daily exposure to high voltage DC would stop or screw up electronic watches. But as previous posters have agreed, that a self-wind watch seems to eliminate the problem. Most of us in the shop wore that type of watch. Mine was a Zodiac 'Sea Wolf'. Very accurate to 350M, by which depth, time would not matter. BT,DT.

In reply to #75

07/11/2009 5:00 AM

The falsity of these issues is demonstrated by the fact that in my seventy five years long before the advent of electric watch movements, we used to hear the same garbage about mechanical movements, self wind or not.

One of the quickest ways to check and get a handle on an argument or opinion is to look at the history of the issue.

j.

Guru

In reply to #75

07/11/2009 12:29 PM

I've worked around high fields all my life and the only thing I've seen screw up a watch is very high (>1T) magnetic fields.

Good Answers: 21

07/08/2009 8:54 AM

I won't be of much help but I have known people that when wearing a watch it either stops or changes speed and some of them never had any thing to do with welding. It may be magnetism in the body after all we are just one big cell with many circuits.

Good Answers: 2

07/08/2009 9:09 AM

I personally cannot wear a watch. Both mechanical watches and electrical watches stop. I ever tried a digital plastic encased watch. It lasted about a week them died. I placed it on the dresser and a few days later it started working. I still have it and it is still running after about 15 years. Therefore it was not a bad battery. My aunt could not wear a watch either. I am an engineer, but at the time I was working on a survey crew and was outdoors a lot.When my job sat me down in front of a computer, this condition did not seem to change.

Register to Reply
Power-User

07/08/2009 9:20 AM

Yes human body does store electrical energy and that is the reason every electronic assembly technican we request to make sure have static band so they can earth it excess and keep this less than 1 volt so the they can manage this

Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - Been there, done that, still doing it. Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

07/08/2009 9:33 AM

I do believe that your friend destroys watches. But I don't believe that it is precisely from stored electricity in his body. I do find it plausible that your friend's skin chemistry has changed over time and that this chemistry now affects watches. Possibly this change was in response to the welding and electronics work, a different concurrent stimulus, or possibly just natural aging. (I seem to remember that grey hair comes from peroxide being developed in the skin.) A chemical analysis of the dead watch would likely reveal the failure mechanism.

Taking a semantics approach in my argument. If this was actually an electrical storage phenomena, then discharging your friend should prevent future watch failures. That is until he goes back to welding.

Popular Science - Cosmology - New Member Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member Engineering Fields - Energy Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Electromechanical Engineering - Old Member, New Association

Good Answers: 56

07/08/2009 10:03 AM

Perhaps the question is not one of storage, but rather conductivity. In a fluorescent lamp plant where I once worked, we checked the integrity of the bulb (glass seal) with an RF field from a stationary antenna. The operators would have to remove the bulb and place it in the vicinity of the antenna, and if it was OK it would glow.

One operator, however, only needed to sit near the antenna and point to bulbs on the assembly line to get them to glow. I never saw anybody else that could do that. So who knows, some people couple to certain electromagnetic fields more easily and that may be the cause. It is suspected that birds navigate using the earths magnetic fields to sensitive cells in their brain. I'm sure we still have a lot to learn.

07/08/2009 12:04 PM

...or perhaps it should be chalked up to something observed (as several here atest to) but that can't be explained by any known "scientific" models. Science has brought us many wonders but it will never be able to answer the deepest questions of life; i.e., whether or not there is a God, creative force, etc. This may seem to be a tangential, quirky response to the original posters question, but there are probably dimensions to what we term as matter that we don't even know about. Expecting a "rationale and scientific" explanation is expecting too much with the prevailing "conventional" wisdom. Ask a person who's had a "Near Death Experience" if they thought it was only the result of chemical reactions of a traumatized brain/body. The point is, if you limit yourself to observation through the material senses you will be limited in your conclusions.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #27

07/10/2009 2:52 PM

My previous response to you seems to have been right

on point.

You say "The point is, if you limit yourself to observation through the material senses you will be limited in your conclusions."

Are their any other means of observation? If you think so explain. Tell us just what those means entail.

j.

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 40

07/08/2009 12:13 PM

Circuit Breaker

It had been scientifically proven that our body is active by bio energy/ bio magnetism, a sort of charge energy obtained from bio chemical reactions of food.This had been proven by study of AURA reading instruments and human sensing of aura ,an electrostatic field around our body. Tibetan monks are well versed in the art of Aura reading, sense and decide on deceases, by estimating aura of a person. The very art of pron-ic healing is based on this fact of passing surplus charge of energy into a weaker deceased person ,so as to improve his energy field of body[higher potential to lower potential]. Few healthier bodies have extra charges, and I think your friend mentioned should be having strong aura. Normally metal contacts dissipate this charge and many monks you find will be using wooden inoculative foot wears.

In reply to #28

07/11/2009 5:48 AM

Well said!

JL Mealer

07/08/2009 12:33 PM

I kinda liked the idea about simple stomach acids and the copper/zinc and even shampoo and soap related alkalines we use on our bodies would cause some people with over-active stomachs to be walking mini-charged batteries.

As long as we don't let Al Gore know who we are... we can avoid being carbon taxed by Obama's green-gestapo.

JL Mealer
Mealer Companies LLC

In reply to #31

07/08/2009 12:45 PM

Mr. Mealer,

I for one am getting very tired of your persistent political spinning. Please stop. If you wish to talk politics go to a political forum.

In reply to #32

07/08/2009 2:47 PM

It's called humor and we could all use some nowadays...

If you're tired, go to sleep and I will cut back on typos and will no longer use humor to attack the goodguys... Only the badguys.

Humor sure beats a hot sharp poker to the eye!

JL Mealer
Mealer Companies LLC
America's Next Major Automaker & Energy Source Supplier.

In reply to #32

07/08/2009 2:49 PM

I didn't realize you were from Long Island, NY.... I understand now.

JL Mealer
Mealer Companies LLC

In reply to #41

07/08/2009 3:59 PM

Yep, living in the town long known as Crookhaven for the large number of Republican politicians convicted while in office. Where the county police have the highest pay in the country (even higher than Honolulu). Now the state senators in Albany are acting like children holding their breath, possibly making my excessive property taxes double. Where 85% of my federal taxes go to support some other part of the country.

I do recognize that your political comments were meant to be humorous. This is exactly why I made my earlier comment as polite as I could. I do not want to stifle the humor of our discussions. I think it was either Lenny Bruce or Henny Youngman who said, "All jokes put somebody in a bad light. Move the light around, so everyone can laugh." So again, please a little less politics.

In reply to #42

07/08/2009 4:43 PM

Agreed.

With Arizona being left in shambles by Dem Gov. Janet Naplitano who uprooted with a host of costly bills en route as Obama's Dept Home Land Security leadership status... (only because she supported him over H Clinton in the primaries), I simply have no use for the liberal agenda.

Eastern State Republicans tend to be a bit unsteady if not outright crooks and the reverse if true for Western States... Dems work the same way vice versa.

Lucky for Arizona, her replacement (Jan Brewer) is a good financial type of leader and can solve the budget issues by cutting the garbage and raising sales tax by only 1 cent. Much better than going bankrupt or cutting needed services.

Lenny is about the only liberal on Hannity that I don't want to just punch in the face.

(especially after I saw how excited he became when a female guest talked nicely to him.. It was comical).

United Kingdom - Member - Not a new member!

Good Answers: 77
In reply to #43

07/08/2009 5:44 PM

Hello JLMEALER,

I do not mean to insult in any way.

I think this Political talk should be on a Blog, rather than on part of a thread on

"Does the Human Body Store Electrical Charges"?

I do not think it fair to kidnap a thread like this. Even if you mark your posts as off topic.

In reply to #46

07/08/2009 11:36 PM

Babybear... politics are a part of life, and inasmuch as this discussion is about a human body's electrical charge, we are also reading about metaphysical psychobabble that has about as much content as Barney Frank's mind.

I could have said Barney Rubble's mind just to appease your concerns, but it may be a metaphysical thing that would create some sort of transcendental realtionship from within the realms of my mind to the outermost portions of the galaxy.

One must never insult a cartoon figure, when it is so easy to point out the truth of a political figure that will leave us all wishing our bodies could produce their own electricity rather than pay for Carbon Taxes.

I'm lucky I can type this without typos as it is... So you might be better off joking about that fact vs my speaking an occassional and obvious fact(s) of modern day politics.

((Bet you'd have had no issue had I been a liberal droning rederick!))

Smile, and back away from the dark side.

JL Mealer

In reply to #49

07/09/2009 1:40 AM

Hello JLMEALER,

I was not meaning to insult you that is the first thing.

And I do realize you are using Politicians as an ironic comic level. That is fine by me on a thread which asks a specific political question. I do know that "politics" is all about and to do with people, and the nearest we get on this thread to a person is mention of one to start with, now several 'persons' whom have an unusual reaction to electrics and electronic.

I think it is a really interesting subject which could lead anywhere, but think from my point of view that I think any mention of this being connected to Transcendental relationships to outer space is kinda losing it a little. I do not know if you are serious or not, but to mention it does seem a bit far out, at least from my view of things.

As for the US Politics, I just do not understand enough about it to comment.

My first thought on my first post was to say it was a nonsense, but I am prepared to change my mind as there is more and more people saying such similar things, that they too have been trouble by this phenomena. That cannot be ignored. And though I have found some rudimentary evidence for how much electricity the human body can hold, there has been nothing sent in about any person with these phenomena who has been tested and can give any kind of reasonable explanation of what happens.

I will wait and see if there is such evidence over the next few days.

No insult intended my friend.

Hobbies - Musician - New Member Australia - Member - Torn and breading Engineering Fields - Nanoengineering - New Member APIX Pilot Plant Design Project - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 75
In reply to #49

07/10/2009 3:42 AM

JL Mealer

It took me a couple of days to get over what you said about politics and it being a part of every thing, Really.

What you forget are the implications of political statements in a forum such as this. I have been subjected to the Report button once and since have refrained from making political statements or throwing around with political views. Mine are just not palatable and yours make me want to say something I would not want to say in public. Now what?

What I mean is, if you make remarks and you find an opponent the slinging begins and when it comes to me it could get dirty and transparent, all at the same time. Others might be very insulted and that should not be part of any formula. I refrain willingly and even if I throw in some remarks about sports once in a while, I wonder if any one would even listen and 'should I have remarked?'.

Smile, and back away from the dark side.

I can still read a lot of bitterness between your lines. I think I have mentioned this before. Cry and move to the light side, know what I mean? One starts the next and soon we'll be voting for each other. Not here JL Mealer, maybe some where else.

I like CR4 just for this reason. I can have the foot in mouth disease, and others, with out the provocation bit. And if, sometimes, very gently. I hope this was gentle enough and send me a PM if you wish. Thanks for clearing this up Ky, talk to you soon.

In reply to #56

07/10/2009 12:33 PM

Hey ky,

All someone had to say is 'HEY DUDE.. THAT OFFENDS ME'. And if in fact, whatever I typed was actually offensive, I would immediately apologize and no longer approach the subject.

When it comes to the current political issues that are tied into everything due to massive governmental interference, all comments about THEM are on the table and available for use as regular shop talk. Since I NEVER say anything direct and instead throw out a pithy comment here and there, men will not be offended and my comments are fair and just.

If I offend a woman with my truthful and obscure politcal coments, I do apologize as I never want to offend a woman.

In reply to #58

07/10/2009 4:31 PM

JLMEALER,

You have just offended me with your remark "men will not be offended and my comments are fair and just."

I don't see why you separate men from women on these issues. The implication is men are political and women are not and as well not being political women not likely to understand and hence won't be offended.

But you offend me with your ignorant political comments which I could subject to the same sort of questioning I did above to some of the metaphysical nonsense. Believe me you would not be able to demonstrate what you keep injecting here has any reality and you better belief I am far to the left of the liberals you disparage and to which you bring the greatest obvious ignorance.

In my view you and the "liberals" are all in the same basket, the same camp.

Your political ignorance is offensive.

I think you ought to do as suggested and stop defending your continued injection of what I consider just plain ignorant political garbage.

I have probably myself already crossed the line but it was needful insofar as it was clear you don't intend to listen to what the others here are telling you.

j.

Commentator

In reply to #62

07/10/2009 8:46 PM

Jack, my friend,

Unlike may people you know, I am not offended by honest dialogue. My comments regarding "real men would not be offended and my comments are fair and just" stands. I said nothing that was not true, albiet a bit of dry humour with a hint of ill-will, nothing I have said or inflicted here was directed at you. The fact that men should not be offended has to do with testosterone and what I would hope is common sense. Women do not operate on their testosterone levels, but more along the lines of pure emotion as directed through their body's production of estrogen AND subsequently are offended to a lot of things they may or may not misinterpret.

Most heterosexual married people know that. I apologize for assuming you were either and in your case, I retract my comment. The metaphysical comments were a bit of that dry humor, and as I tend to keep my own life's metaphysical aspects to myself,
I can only joke about it.

You should keep in mind that people like me who are conservative are willing to die so you may have your ultra liberal rights. We like ours as well... So you need to realize how much of the political full circle we really need to travel to meet each other's beliefs. Such as turning around and realizing that they are the same, but I wish to earn and fight for my rights while you and other's like you want others to fight for their rights... In essence and without an estrogen lean... Conservatives are really exactly what liberals need to keep them free and fed... But not vice-versa.

Their is no political ignorance from my side as I am grounded in reality. My comments were brief and in good taste and very much unlike what the leftleaning groups say about murdering and maiming those who defend their rights to be who they are.

You have crossed no line and I appreciate your opinions and I will die defending your right to have and to express those opions because I am conservative of those rights.

I am not, however, one of those right wing pacifist pseudo-Christians that you may be afraid of... And you need not fear me or my humour. Let's just keep it above board, okay? And who knows? You might learn to chuckle a bit at my ribbing of an administration gone wacky.

JL Mealer
Mealer Companies

In reply to #69

07/11/2009 4:50 AM

When I read your reply I realize you are just as wacko as the previous "conservative" administration or the present one of Obama and the "liberal" Democrats, who are just as nasty and vicious as the last although given to a form of dissembling that fools more people than the last by pretending to be "liberal.".

And you are obviously not too bright because you go right on denigrating women as something inferior who cannot think as well as men being driven by chemistry instead of reason although I don't discern an iota of reason in anything you have said, just a lot of garbage pumped into a limited mind by others.

You really are over the line, way over, and although tempted to see you shut down it is much better for all to see what folks like you are made of.

As far as fighting? You are right there is a fight coming and you will be on the losing side and all that will mean.

You really are predictable and therefore boring.

j.

Commentator

In reply to #79

07/11/2009 5:47 AM

Obviously Jack, you have some deep rooted anger towards someone in your life and it is obvious that your kind are angry at women for one reason or another whereas I prefer to keep your types away from them whenever possible. Are you Islamic? That would explain a lot right there. Most people int he world do not hate women as you do.

It is obvious that any comments I have made are humor related or absolutely true, so I am not concerned if our conversation is taken before those who may control this site (unless they belong to the good old boy club as you seem to be part of).

As I said, I will defend your right to be as liberal as you want to be.

Hobbies - Musician - New Member Australia - Member - Torn and breading Engineering Fields - Nanoengineering - New Member APIX Pilot Plant Design Project - Member - New Member

In reply to #58

07/10/2009 7:28 PM

You see...

Just what I was talking about. Now you have Jack on your tail (post 62). He will fire away, don't you worry about that. I was not offended at all. I was restricted and still am by your suggestion to have reacted in some way convenient to you.

'HEY DUDE.. THAT OFFENDS ME' would not have been enough to counter your jabs. I hope you still evaluate this as friendly communication, because it really is. Just not the right place.

Although there is such a thing as political science, I think they ( the scholars), are all illusionist. Any party, any philosophy or ideology or religion for that matter and while we're at it, is/are ruled by unscientific laws or rules, created to assist the power of the rulers, like HHO fanatics who will not give in even though they are ruled by real laws, just worse and more destructive these so called leaders of grouped people.

How can it be a science when most of the actions are created with and by state secrets which we will never have access to. Imagine the laws of physics with some secrets that can't be told because it would be to shameful to mention. Or Nations could not sell weapons to each other and make their soldiers fight it out, over oil and drugs. See what I mean! I'm at it again. I'm out of here and will see how Jack handles this past this point.

Sparkstation is a CR4er who used to hit fair and square in any department. Very well respected by all, I think.

'Does the Human Body Store Electrical Charges?'

He would have come up with a long list of explanations, that's all. Not a new super hero just a very knowledgeable person. He has not posted for a while and is just missed by some. Look him up and you will see what I mean.

Humor and politics only mix in late night talk shows were cynicism is taught. Getting a laugh out of it is becoming harder by the day. Bitterness?

Have a great day, Ky.

In reply to #66

07/10/2009 8:30 PM

Hey ky...

I hate politics. I have no love for any political group. But even less for the liberal democrats. No real man can resist taking jabs at the bufoons put into power by ACORN and many confused voters (amongst the dead and voting)...

I will take your advice, however, and lay off the liberal jabs here. I just naturally assumed that the thinking crowd were more along the lines of conservative and the bongs and crack pipes were left in the dorm rooms with their liberal collegiate counterparts and beer bash buddies.

All is well, my friend. Thanks for the heads up.

JL Mealer

In reply to #66

07/10/2009 8:52 PM

Just a quick question ky...

have you noticed any space aliens upset, bend out of shape or complaining about "mussed up hair and broken nails" from my comments at #12?

I didn't realize "Self Proclaimed Far-Left Leaning Jack" would get so worked up over any of my comments.

JL Mealer

In reply to #71

07/10/2009 9:03 PM

No.

In reply to #66

07/11/2009 4:33 AM

Ky,

"Although there is such a thing as political science, I think they ( the scholars), are all illusionist. Any party, any philosophy or ideology or religion for that matter and while we're at it, is/are ruled by unscientific laws or rules, created to assist the power of the rulers, like HHO fanatics who will not give in even though they are ruled by real laws, just worse and more destructive these so called leaders of grouped people."

I would agree with you that the "scholars" of political science are in the main full of it. Not long ago one of those "scholars" the professor teaching a political science course I was taking for amusement at GSU asserted that it really was not possible to have a hard science of social existence.

This in spite of his agreement that the world was knowable, concrete, and material and subject to being discovered and understood through scientific method.

You seem to have a similar point of view.

Nonetheless, if you agree that the world is knowable, concrete, and material, why not.

Science after all is a method, the best method we have thus far worked out to discern what is true and material about the world we live in.

Social existence is in fact an existence wherein real, concrete, material beings live in a real, concrete, material universe. What is there about that existence and those beings that cannot be examined and discerned by the scientific method?

j.

Guru

In reply to #78

07/11/2009 7:35 PM

Hi Jack

What is there about that existence and those beings that cannot be examined and discerned by the scientific method?

I am sure it would fit into the holy grail of nothingness once that is found out. It could be the time that is used up to create a benchmark that stands for the lot of us and has the same relevance to all. That is what I am trying to say, that history, intellect, knowledge, race or gender could be worth while organizing if there was this one bench mark (and in any, every domain). All could be guided by tolerance and to live a life free from unnecessary friction. This can only be found in a single person and is not transplantable or become an object of trade, although some people make a good living out of it.

Human race looks like it could be ruled as one but I have doubts and some reservations about wanting to execute this strategy. Only very rarely do highly trained people achieve unity in small groups. Be it in politics, engineering, sport or any other discipline. Clear laws in all pursuits create great things, that can actually work and bring joy and content to the observers or consumers. It starts with the family unit. The less moving parts the better. If you can buy sliced bread, why not do it.

One man can move more than a million if he moves for the million and is guided by laws that are not really written down anywhere. In the past nobody has seen the future of things to come, so why should we be in a position to do so now?. By using political science? By voting for this or that party? What a farce and what a boring hobby, were the outcome is always win or lose and brings not much to the community but discourse, speculation rivalry and some times even utmost misery and dis-pear.

Any one will tell you about affiliations with this or that and convinced of him or her or them or ways of doing things. Now where does science fit into this? Even if you had the perfect formula it would still be changed by the factor of time and the times they are changing. Fast.

Telling the future by the past and teaching that could be called 'evolution observing', at best. I am not sure what makes this process a true science. If the goal of these studies is to change to a more humane planet then political science has failed and is dead. As is God. Use by date has come. A bench mark for all this? A mothers heart is the best I can think of.

Its Sunday morning and I write what ever I want because I am a free man and would love to keep the peace in all of this.

This thread is about 'Does the Human Body Store Electrical Charges?' and not about 'Does the human brain store electrical charges that lay in the future?'

Maybe another day. Greetings, Ky.

In reply to #87

07/11/2009 11:11 PM

You raised the issue of social science and seemed to deny that a true science of social existence was possible.

Now, in reference to a simple query about a basic question as to science your answer suggests you are a stranger to science, rather have all sorts of notions without scientific basis.

You have answered my question.

Nuff said.

j.

Guru

In reply to #87

07/12/2009 1:47 PM

Actually, on second thought Ky and a rereading of your diatribe, you approach an answer to my question but you don't know it.

"I am sure it would fit into the holy grail of nothingness once that is found out. It could be the time that is used up to create a benchmark that stands for the lot of us and has the same relevance to all. That is what I am trying to say, that history, intellect, knowledge, race or gender could be worth while organizing if there was this one bench mark (and in any, every domain). All could be guided by tolerance and to live a life free from unnecessary friction. This can only be found in a single person and is not transplantable or become an object of trade, although some people make a good living out of it."

There is such a "benchmark" or in my language a common essential to all humankind, as well as every other beast on the planet. This despite your nay-saying.

That commonality is the fact that we are forced to create the means of our sustenance, and expanding from there over historical time, the diverging and varying ways we have done so.

That process is at the base of our social existence, how we produce it determining what we are, i.e., the nature of our social existence. (I should note that I am paraphrasing, the thought is not originally mine.)

It is, as well, by its nature, common to all not individual as you would have it.

j.

Guru

In reply to #90

07/12/2009 6:52 PM

Sounds great Jack. We should get together one day and discuss this over a few drinks and watch the grand children try their luck at being dominant. Not sure if you have any but it does not matter, they are all the same, like mother's hearts. (sorry dad's)

The next time I'm in your beautiful country I shall make the time and look you up. I'll have the film crew with me, so no inconvenience to you. We will be making a documentary about dinosaur's and I don't turn red when I lie, anymore.

Your constant display of well placed humor could make interesting viewing. No script at all and you can paraphrase as much as you like. No originality required, I'll deal with that while editing in the cutting room or whats left of it.

Maybe we should start a thread on Friedrich Nietzsche in a post of your choice. Mr. Mealer would have a go, for sure. Could be interesting for the un-initiated and has happened before in off topic marathons.

Have you noticed that I have not mentioned State Secrets yet ?

Wod'ya reckon? Ky.

In reply to #91

07/13/2009 3:55 AM

Ky,

Nietzsche is turning in his grave. That paraphrase is definitely not Nietzsche.

Try again.

Or better not.

From my point of view nothing to be gained in this discussion with you.

j.

Guru

In reply to #31

07/08/2009 1:20 PM

You seem un-fazed by criticism of your comments, that's healthy. After all how would life be without a little salt

In reply to #35

07/08/2009 2:44 PM

I didn't notice I was being criticized!

JL Mealer
Mealer Companies LLC

In reply to #35

07/10/2009 11:25 PM

"Salt is good, where it not for salt, wherewith would we season it?" JC

In reply to #77

07/12/2009 7:01 PM

"Sugar is good, where it not for sugar, wherewith we would reason it?" Ky.

In reply to #31

07/10/2009 8:48 PM

I kinda liked the idea about simple stomach acids and the copper/zinc and even shampoo and soap related alkalines we use on our bodies would cause some people with over-active stomachs to be walking mini-charged batteries.

JL Mealer
Mealer Companies LLC

07/08/2009 1:36 PM

Hello CB

I think the suggestion of your friend not being able to wear 'metal' because of voltage built up in his body in the past, is rubbish in my opinion.

The body does 'store' small charges for a short time but, as soon as any ground is touched, like a steel gate linked to a metal post in the earth, this is lost.

This site below, has looked into this problem in detail and the amount of charge a body can hold depends on posture as much as anything.

http://www.imeko.org/publications/tc4-2007/IMEKO-TC4-2007-191.pdf

I see there is another post where a man in the RAF (I think) took a shock of over 1600 volts, and had anodes connected to him in hospital while being treated. This man may have had some metal in his body after an operation?

I do not know, but he may have had the anodes on him to prevent any small residual charge from earthing out on a nurse? This is a guess as I do not know the details of this case. Whatever happened this man he is a very lucky person!

In reply to #38

07/10/2009 4:47 PM

The alleged purpose of the "anodes" connected to that fellow badly shocked is most likely ignorant conjecture.

The wires that someone observed were more likely neural and body function sensors so they could monitor him after what sounds like a very severe life threatening shock that could easily have caused heart arrhythmias and nervous system malfunctions, symptoms that are well known to result from electric shock.

The kind of empty hypothesizing we are seeing in this discussion is the result of conjecture without firm connection to known, material, physical phenomena; not much better reasoning than that of the alchemists of old.

j.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #63

07/10/2009 8:59 PM

Hello Jack,

Yes you are probably right.

bb

Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Hobbies - Fishing - New Member

Good Answers: 14

07/08/2009 4:51 PM

I hesitate to get into this discussion but here goes. I too can not wear a watch of any kind. I have only had one really good watch, a Seiko, and it died in two days. They refused warranty work saying I must have plugged it into a electrical socket. Mechanical watches just stop working.

I can not work around matching networks. All I have to do it walk past them to mess up the match. I used to work at Intel in the fab. I was forbidden to go into any bay that had rf equipment. They figured this out by having a camera in the service aisle to try and find out why they had periodic issues on just my shift. I got caught multiple times walking by at exactly the same time that the errors would happen.
I make a really good TV antenna. I just need to put my hand near the antenna and the signal gets much better. Always better never worse.?

I also temporarily magnetise any steel I am holding including some stainless steels that are not suppose to be magnetic. Makes it nice for inserting screws. I have a swiss army knife that I used to always carry in my pocket with a stainless blade that is now permanently but weakly magnetized.

Cell phones are a bane. Sometimes the battery doesn't last one day and sometimes it goes a week. Signals are haphazard at best. I have lost Sim card data too many times to keep track off. I must carry it outside my pants, in the pocket means dead battery. In past posting I have mentioned having a home made cell phone battery charger at my work bench. This is why.

I have set off the theft alarms at the local target store enough times that I refuse to shop there anymore.

Because I don't need to have physical contact with an object to effect it I seriously doubt this is a chemical reaction. I can find no evidence of a electrical charge in my system.

I have no logical explanation for this, but it certainly does exist.

I have tried to see if I put out some kind of field or signal and have found nothing. I have used some high end equipment to find nothing. From spectrum analyzers to microwave detectors to just about anything you can think of, from dc to 20 gig.

I also have a lousy sense of direction so I doubt I have any magnetic affinity.

I tell people its moon waves.

In reply to #44

07/08/2009 5:37 PM

Hello ailvCrow,

I find your story amazing and very interesting.

As you may have noticed, I have posted earlier in this thread, I said I did not think it possible for any electrical charge a body my hold could damage watches etc.

Your story seems to disprove this?

Did you go to the link in my post? It explains the amount of charge a body can or is likely to hold.

Take care.

In reply to #45

07/08/2009 6:04 PM

I did read your link. I have extensively tested myself and can find no electrical charge that could cause this. I don't even find the less than one volt that some people carry.

Strangely enough I have been told by two different people years apart that they could always feel when I walked into a room they were in.

I just accept that there are some things in life to still be discovered. We humans don't know everything.

In reply to #44

07/08/2009 9:50 PM

silvCrow

Very interesting and I can feel with you. I nearly lost a position in a hotel because I triggered system brake downs. This was in the late seventies and large hotels were just changing to computers.

We were issued with ID pens that would allow us to use any till at any time and be registered. It happened many times that the whole system went down and it was found that I was the culprit. None of the others (about 50) were causing it.

The whole place was fitted with carpet and for some reason I charged myself up to dangerous levels. When touching the elevator door I could see and hear the sparks flying. This is what happened to the computer system, were a high voltage spark interfered with the electronics while I was inserting the metal pen. At least that is what they found and I was given a specially insulated key. I think nowadays they have it under control or does it still happen?

Were I am we walk barefoot most of the time so I am less prone to do harm. But as soon as we travel I am reminded that I do build up charge and release it with out control. When I get out of a car I always make sure I discharge straight away and not be taken by surprise later on. It can be very annoying and I think it is not the result of long term use of high voltage but a more spontaneous phenomenon.

I already dread using the ferry over to Australia tomorrow. We have dry air and high barometric pressure which is a good warning sign for me. I have to avoid shaking other peoples hands if static. I always get that 'party trick look' when that happens, until they see that I am innocent. Kissing cheek greetings are a no no for me, if indoors, and avoiding can sometimes be interpreted in a wrong way.

I have one very good watch but I don't know if it works because I don't know were it is because I never use it. See how others handle it. Join the club, Ky.

In reply to #44

07/10/2009 4:56 PM

silvcrow,

How about providing the schematic for that home made cell phone charger.

Just my way of checking something.

j.

Register to Reply
Power-User

In reply to #64

07/14/2009 2:31 PM

It is just a lm7805 with a resister for current limiting. I use large alligator clips to clip to the battery's terminals with the alligator clip holding onto the plastic on the back side. I was told by many here that that was unsafe for the 3.7 volt battery but I used it for years with no problems on two different batteries. I now have a new phone because I washed the samsung one time too many. IT is no where near as robust as the old phone. I have had to have it replaced twice since early june.

In reply to #98

07/14/2009 8:11 PM

You are being told it is unsafe because if that is a lithium ion cell they require a very precise, multi-voltage, process of charging.

Otherwise they are subject to exploding and causing a fire.

j.

Register to Reply
Power-User

In reply to #101

08/10/2009 3:07 PM

I reversed engineered the original charger. It put out 4 volts constantly. there was no multiple voltages in its charge cycle. I did not have a 4 volt regulator so I used what I had, 5VDC. It worked for over 5 years with no issues, so whomever told you it was an explosive hazard did not tell you the whole story. Charging the samsung batteries at 5vdc did not even heat them up. I know because when I first started I checked constantly. I had heard that they could explode so I was careful. Maybe with another brand this could be an issue but I was very careful for months when I first started charging up the samsung batteries. I carried two batteried because I had to to keep in contact while at work. I did not have this problem on the weekends when the phone and batteries would sit on my dresser untouched. I only need to recharge them when I carried them. Note I did not write use them.

And As I wrote I did limit the current flow.

In reply to #181

08/10/2009 7:22 PM

"Multiple observations among many people means that something is happening."

I can't think of a more general statement of reality, so general to in fact be meaningless.

I am beginning to wonder if perhaps you have a physical problem in re some of the circuits in your brain; those having to do with reflection, the dialectic.

You have said that anything electronic that you touch, as well as mechanical watches, either dies immediately or in a few days.

Surely, when you say such stuff, like your building and using a battery charger for over five years, or your repeated use of a computer to send these posts (Unless two or three computers you used sending these posts have failed and yet another one about to go), you are aware of the spoken, inherent contradiction; are you not.

I am beginning to think perhaps not because at least to Baby Bear and I, your statements and their contradictions, are so obvious and blatant.

Most of us have brain circuits that constantly observe and consider what we have said and done in, at least, the recent past and how those things correlate with what we are saying or doing at this moment.

I hesitate to here apply the terminology one usually applies to folks with intentional failures in those sorts of observations and/or correlations.

But, if you have not in fact been checked out by a neurologist for your apparent and obvious failures I would suggest it might be advisable to do so because in the long term failures of reflection circuits in our brains can lead to very dangerous circumstances.

j.

Guru

In reply to #183

08/11/2009 12:17 AM

Hello Jack.

thanks for the mention but, are we the only two who can see and actually say what is on a post?

In reply to #184

08/11/2009 9:04 AM

Hello Baby Bear,

I hope you are well today.

While you and Jack clearly are not the only ones who can see these posts, you maybe the only ones talking to people who refuse to think.

Redfred

In reply to #185

08/11/2009 9:53 AM

Hi redfred,

I am pretty fed up today really, but it is not anyone on this site's causing it, personal, you know........... "you maybe the only ones talking to people who refuse to think".

Are you saying Jack and me refuse to think?

If you go back through my posts you will see I have written some pretty long ones saying that tests should be done of various kinds. Now I am saying that from memory so do not hold me to the exact words. I at first took it kinda seriously, but as more posts came through, it was just anecdotal with nothing to back anything up as proof.

If you think I refuse to think, I think that is unfair as I have discussed this problem on a whole number of posts. The one post that was, to be frank, silly. I cannot recall who sent it as I type this now, but it mentioned a being or something like that as if it was a god being discussed. It was nothing silvCrow said, but this other ethereal B/S which closed my mind for a day or so. I do not believe in any god. I have said this already so other posters know where I stand, but some still insist on some kind of conversion on this engineering site. I say again........... engineering site. Nothing to do with fairy stories about if or when there was a god. If you or anyone else wants to discuss 'god',....................... find another site to do it on. I do not say that in a hateful way. But simply refer you to the name of the site and its 'sub title' Engineering site or engineers site".

This is a very personal thing for me. As I say in a previous post all my Family say sh-t like 'may god be with you" at the end on regular letter and I find it an insult. Probably as much of an insult as you and perhaps others think this post is. Well, I come to this site for my interest in engineering. Nothing else.

I think it may be best if you and I agree to disagree, OK? Because I aint discussing god in any way shape or form. You might just as well discuss beans dancing across a baseball diamond.......................

Take care and please read only what I have written, not between the lines. Thanks.

Take care my friend................

=

PS. There is a reason why I do not discuss crap like god. But it happened a whole long time ago when I was a child and it is private.

Take care, and do not read into this that I must now not want to 'talk' to you. I will discuss almost anything but not the 'G' word or anything remotely connected to it.

In reply to #187

08/11/2009 10:07 AM

Baby Bear & Jack,

My apologies for my inexact phrasing. Both of you have thought quite clearly and rationally through this thread. My point was directed toward those who seem to relish mystery over knowledge. These individuals, both here and in real life, cannot accept a rational scientific approach toward solving a mystery. Consciously or unconsciously they do not want the mystery solved. With that in mind I made my comment. I probably should have quoted instead a pop lyric from many years back. "...When no one listens, there's no use talking talking at all. What are words for?..."

In reply to #189

08/11/2009 10:18 AM

Hi redfred,

No problems at all with you my friend! ;=) But I take from your post #189 and your apologies, which from me I am more than willing to accept. Though there was no need really...........So you were really getting at the dreamers and not me or Jack?

In reply to #189

08/11/2009 11:25 AM

Redfred,

Back in the beginning, and I am not going back to look, it was not clear where you stood. That was back then.

Although I think you are sometimes too gentle and kind I read you loud and clear including the post Baby Bear was not clear on.

As for Tippycanoe and SilvCrow I was dead serious. I'll put it out straight forward.

Those folks are either crazies or sickies, or outright frauds. Baby Bear is sensitive about religious questions. I'm not sensitive except in the sense that I instantly recognize and latch on to claims that amount to mysticism insofar as one or another form of mysticism is the way we are led on.

As for this current pair of mystics there really isn't any reason to any longer speak to them. Since neither of them recognizes the possibility of illness that leaves only fraud.

j.

Power-User

Good Answers: 29
In reply to #189

08/12/2009 4:33 PM

Listening?

We have 2 ears and one mouth. Could it be we were designed to put twice as much effort into listening than speaking?

What were we talking about?

In reply to #195

08/12/2009 4:39 PM

Interesting perspective. I like it.

In reply to #44

08/10/2009 2:58 PM

I should have hesitated a little longer. It appears that a storm of unbelief has happened.

I never said I instantly destroy electronics. There sure is some kind of an accumulative action. I drain the batteries in phones in a few hours but not every time, sometimes the battery will last a few days and some times it is dead in hours. This is with in the pocket carry. Hanging a cell phone from my belt usually allows the batteries to last a few days. I average under 30 minutes month on cell phone calls so don't assume I just use them up. Watches don't last more than two days and they just stop working. Even wind up watches just stop. they are in direct contact with my skin. Direct contact seems to be increase the effect.

I have said I don't think whatever is going on is electrical in nature. I am quite sure it is not electrical.

If I knew the cause of this effect I would have posted it but I don't. Just because I don't know the cause of this effect does not mean it does not exist. I don't have my head in the sand like some posters appear to. Something is going on which I can not explain. From the postings others have seen this too, So I am not the only person who has this issue. Multiple observations among many people means that something is happening. Denying a fact does not make it go away.

All watches I have owned have died within two days. Anything electronic I have held in my hand for a few days dies. it is not occasionally so it could be a coincident it is every single thing. I never wrote is was always instantaneously as a few repliers have assumed. Some things do break on first touch but most last a day or two.

I pretty much instantly magnetize iron bearing metals. All I have to do is hold a screw driver and non stainless screw stick immediately. As I wrote in one of these posts, I have swiss army knife which I carried daily until one of the side panels broke. The entire knife was magnetized. It was not a strong magnet but anyone holding it could pick up light iron based objects such as screws and paper clips. I included this symptom because most stainless is supposed to be non magnetic including 440.

Other metals, such as copper or aluminum don't get this effect.

Anyone is welcome to drop by my office with their own steel screwdriver to test this.

In reply to #180

08/10/2009 4:29 PM

Hello silvCrow,

You are repeating a lot of stuff. But you did say in this post # 180 that EVERY ELECTRICAL THING STOPS WORKING. Are you sure it is everything? Because you also say your phone batteries run down really fast. And you also say "Anything electronic I have held in my hand for a few days dies".

Do you actually mean: "After you have held electronic items they die a few days later"?.................. It is not the same meaning as what you said but might be nearer the truth?.................. If this is the case you must go through an awful lot of mobile and other phones? You are using a computer? Unless someone is typing for you, do they last longer than a few days?

You say "even wind up watches just stop. Yes? Now I can agree with you because the same thing happens to my wind up watches....................... Until I wind them again.

You are bound to get leg pulling, that is par for the course for anyone on the site. But you must find somebody somewhere to run tests, scientific tests, and write a paper and publish it here. If no one has had these same things happening, they cannot understand the reasons why can they? That is, unless the reasons were explainable. And they are not at the moment. As you say you cannot deny things are happening which you do not understand, but it does not make it a mystery. Everything which 'IS', can be explained in one way or another.

Take care

This discussion was "closed" on 08/17/2009 12:47 PM. No new comments are allowed.
Message from admins:
Discussion comments are turning personal in nature. Closing before the become outright attacking and hostile.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Anonymous Poster (6); artsmith (2); babybear (36); bwire (5); Campbell Lighting (1); DGCYS (1); garyceng (1); GordieGii (1); Jack Jersawitz (47); jack of all trades (2); Janissaries (2); JLMEALER (17); jrpeck (1); jurie sa (2); kramarat (1); ky (11); lighthasmass (4); lyn (1); Masyood (1); Neil Kwyrer (1); NotUrOrdinaryJoe (1); Part time thinker (2); PWSlack (3); redfred (18); roy hammy (4); RVZ717 (5); s.udhayamarthandan (3); sceptic (6); silvCrow (9); szwasta (2); tecmate (1); Tippycanoe (14); TVP45 (11)

Previous in Forum: Conversion Unit for EU/mL to EU/pair of gloves   Next in Forum: What's Your Take on Energy Drinks?
You might be interested in: Charge Amplifiers and Charge Converters

Advertisement