Sites: GlobalSpec.com | GlobalSpec Electronics | CR4 | Electronics360
Login | Register
The Engineer's Place for News and Discussion®

Previous in Forum: Unit Transfrormer Earthing   Next in Forum: Power Factor of Small Home/Office Appliances
Close

Comments Format:

Close

Subscribe to Discussion:

CR4 allows you to "subscribe" to a discussion
so that you can be notified of new comments to
the discussion via email.

Close

Rating Vote:

4 comments
Anonymous Poster

Room Index in Lux Calculation

07/06/2010 11:27 AM

1)why we calculate the room index in lux calculation ?And in which unit it can be express after calculation?

2)How much VA I should assum as per NEC code for single and Duplex outlet

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Power-User

Good Answers: 11

Re: Room Index in Lux Calculation

07/06/2010 12:59 PM

Here is all detail about index in lux. Please follow the steps and pay attention to step-2.

http://www.ndlight.com.au/lighting_calculations.htm

According to Artical 220.14(I):
Receptacle outlets shall be calculated at not less thant 180 Va for each single or multiple receptacle on one yoke. A duplex receptacle is considered to be two receptacles on a common yoke. so the calculated load for a duplex receptacle is 180 VA. Where there are four or more receptacles such as a quad receptaclee, the calculation shall be not less than 90 VA per receptacles. For a quad receptacle the calculated load would be 4 times 90 VA or 360 VA.

Guru

Good Answers: 244
In reply to #1

07/06/2010 6:59 PM

Just to clarify one thing - the Article 220.14(I) in the above comment refers to NEC. Somehow, the commentator didn't mention it.

- MS

"All my technical advices in this forum must be consulted with and approved by a local registered professional engineer before implementation" - Mohammed Samad (Linkedin Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/msamad)
Power-User

Good Answers: 11
In reply to #2

07/07/2010 11:30 AM

Good point.

Anonymous Poster
In reply to #2

panel classification -frame-1,frame-2,frrame3

07/07/2010 12:15 PM

1)where i can find the classification of panels like frame-1,frame-2,frrame3 ? on which bases this classification has done?

frame-1:single panel encloser with main braker (MCCB)and other branch breaker(MCB)

usually this encloser are used for load centres

frame-2:this is multi encloser in which first encloser consist main air circuit breaker with common bus bar and in second encloser with same common bus bar with branch breakers(MCCB) usually this encloser are used for MDB

frrame3: drawn out type encloser this type of encloser are used sewage treatment plants and industrial purpose

Reply Off Topic (Score 5)
Reply to Forum Thread 4 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Anonymous Poster (1); Hameedullah Ekhlas (2); msamad (1)

Previous in Forum: Unit Transfrormer Earthing   Next in Forum: Power Factor of Small Home/Office Appliances
You might be interested in: Lux Meters (Light Meters), Math Calculation Software, Room Partitions