Previous in Forum: Dumper Dilemma!   Next in Forum: About piezo buzzer
Close
Close
Close
Page 1 of 3: « First 1 2 3 Next > Last »
Guru
Popular Science - Biology - life lover Hobbies - Musician - music lover Safety - Hazmat - better safe than sorry United Arab Emirates - Member - desert trek Technical Fields - Procurement - procurement

Good Answers: 58

Member Status Revisited

02/14/2009 3:14 AM

Respected members,

Recently I got interested in those member status things, and started guessing when one can become "Power-user", etc. Checking out the CR4 FAQ gave me the answer. However, dear and honored members, I would like to propose that those titles should be tied up *also* to the number of good answers. I believe a success percentage would be more meaningful than the number of posts, while observing a minimum number of posts to be able to qualify for promotion in each rank.

For example:

1-10: Participant

11-30: Member

up to 60 (or min. of 5 good answers): Active Contributor

61-100 (or min. of 20 good answers): Power User

101-500, or min of 50 good answers: Guru

501 and higher, or min of 300 good answers: Master

In this arrangement, promotion comes for the first 2 levels simply by number of posts, but the Active Contributor can be quickly obtained with 5 good answers. But without 20 good answers, the level Power User won't be attained. Same goes for the next higher levels.

Thoughts, anyone?

this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Guru
Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member United Kingdom - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 661

Re: Member Status Revisited

02/14/2009 4:36 AM

300 GAs ...
I'm a master baker I'll have you know... 3 of my finest Blackberry & Apple.

Well I think that's what they call me.
Del

Popular Science - Biology - life lover Hobbies - Musician - music lover Safety - Hazmat - better safe than sorry United Arab Emirates - Member - desert trek Technical Fields - Procurement - procurement

Good Answers: 58
In reply to #1

02/14/2009 5:19 AM

yum! the blackberry is evidently the one at the bottom? the delightful part is leaking out.

ow, I'm hungry again.

Good Answers: 103
In reply to #2

02/14/2009 6:27 AM

we have to talk properly with decorum in this forum.

Fantastic ideas for a Fantastic World, I make the illogical logical.They put me in cars,they put me in yer tv.They put me in stereos and those little radios you stick in your ears.They even put me in watches, they have teeny gremlins for your watches
Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 32
In reply to #1

02/14/2009 10:44 AM

I don't think it was ba"k"er. I believe it had to do with fishing.

Engineering Fields - Systems Engineering - New Member Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member

Good Answers: 62
In reply to #1

02/14/2009 11:00 AM

But, but, but

Pi are squared and yours be round

Hobbies - CNC - New Member Popular Science - Biology - New Member Hobbies - Musician - New Member

Good Answers: 144
In reply to #1

02/14/2009 1:04 PM

Yummy Del.. I bet Mrs. Cat is very happy!

Now, if I were to take the status labeling seriously, I would have to feel guilty for inflating my post tally every time I make a chatty remark... augh, the guilt is horrible, horrible... I suffer angst... even tho I enjoy the privilege of voting GA's to others who deserve it well...

perhaps I could change my handle and start afresh every month or two? washed of my sinful ill-gotten gains....

o well maybe (if no one objects) I will just ignore it.

wait, wait, I changed my mind. Could we please bring in some higher categories to filter out the riff-raff like myself. "King of Creation" or something? Just a suggestion.

oh scrap that then, I just decided I may need "King of Creatiion" for my new handle, when I return scrubbed fresh as a 'browser'.. (I always liked the browser idea..it conjures up small furry avatars.. ) ok forget "King of Creation", I will come back as "Small Furry Browser" and have done with it.

wow I just had a chat all by myself here, thus sparing myself the sin of half a dozen more posts on the tally... it's time to go eat my valentines present. Even if it's not as good as Del's....

Good Answers: 245
In reply to #1

02/15/2009 12:06 PM

I was a masterbaker for a quite a while, but gave it up when my eyesight started to go bad.

Good Answers: 115
In reply to #1

02/15/2009 3:07 PM

Don't forget that a disproprtionate number of answers are found near the top. Partly because the person answering may get in first with the ideal answer, partly because more people are likely to read stuff near the top of the list, and partly because late entrants can cobble together answers based on what others have said and insert it near the top.

I think the system is more-or-less OK as is, although the basic titles should be changed from member through guru, to something more realistic: member = "productive member of society" (with not enough time to spend it online) through several steps to "guru" = "eminently distractable twit who has nothing better to do". Of course the new titles seem a little wordy...

In my experience, good answers are awarded in a highly subjective way, and often (or usually) have little to do technical correctness. My "best" good answer (which has, I think, about 30 votes at this point) was a meandering, wordy, poorly-edited piece of drivel which nevertheless struck an emotional chord.

Many answers that are utterly and totally unsupportable by science or engineering principles get good answer votes, (by, for example, over unity and HHO promoters) whereas straightforward correct answers are ignored. Fyz's answers, for example, are very rarely not "good" : they are articulate, clear, and almost always technically correct -- and even when they seem to be incorrect in someone's opinion, the "incorrectness" has to do with points shaved very fine. We have some individuals who are nearly incapable of answering anything correctly, yet have several "good answers" in their tally.

But having said all this drivel, I say leave the existing system alone. Arguments should be accepted on their merit, rather ad hominem: anyone who accepts what some "guru" says an the basis of the title alone, is a fool. The existing scheme is fun, and we hope that everyone realizes that no one should engineer a safety sling based on anything said here.

In reply to #27

02/15/2009 6:26 PM

I'm afraid your post has a negative BrevQuot and is therefore deemed a BAD ANSWER.
I have however skim read it at speed and it does appear to redeemed by the mention of sling backs near the end.
Ladies footwear is always a winner for me... therefore it's a GOOD ANSWER.

I hope this clarifies the matter in hand
Del

Hobbies - Car Customizing - Dances with Trees Canada - Member - because I can Hobbies - CNC - too much fun Hobbies - Target Shooting - paper shreader

Good Answers: 10
In reply to #29

02/15/2009 6:29 PM

A cat with a shoe fetish that is a new one on me.

In reply to #29

02/16/2009 2:32 AM

Can I trade you about 30 posts for about 45 GA's ? I've not given an exact figure, since it's likely to vary with time, but if you don't act quick I shall withdraw this once-in-a-lifetime offer only 8 more times.

OK, I displayed an unseemly lack of BrevQuot, but I did Paragrinate by way of compensation. Note my astonishing self-control in not using smiley things and excalamtion marks here. The possible erruption is such that I don't even dare risk dithering to use the spulchker.......OMG.......TLA MAD imminent.........

aaaggggghhhhhh.......image inversion has occured .......

Hobbies - Car Customizing - Dances with Trees Canada - Member - because I can Hobbies - CNC - too much fun Hobbies - Target Shooting - paper shreader

In reply to #40

02/16/2009 8:39 AM

OOOH your bad...

Trading GAs sort of like carbon credits, I like it.

notice no smilies here either, they are however implied.

In reply to #50

02/16/2009 1:03 PM

:) I'm all wiped and clean now ! Almost back to normal !!! The electron balance is restored as well

In reply to #27

02/15/2009 11:48 PM

The first paragraph of your response seems fine... but then it's as if your brain shorts out, and the subsequent paragraphs seem to have been written by someone (or something) devoid of any sort of language or intellectual skills. Did you take a swig of something really strong just before diving into the second paragraph?

Just for future reference, the grits we sometimes eat in the southern US are called "hominy" not "hominem".

In reply to #36

02/16/2009 2:14 AM

I passed an elephant, and partook of some Gau Jal, so to speak. A fresh cup of Kopi Luwak should see me right. For some strange reason my toilet is blocked and the lid wont close.....

In reply to #27

02/16/2009 6:06 AM

we never reply anything correctly.

I hope that correctly (you are human/ earthlings) you meant me

And getting GAs are simple - just get in and change the status. And you will never know how many GAs you have given me (except when threatened at plug-point).

In fact I don't like the GAs (we are not good are we ) so GAs make us with shame.

I love GAs from our fellows - for that we have to earn it.

say we tie the tail of a squirrel (who looks like a fox but still an earthling) to a cat is worth 0.132 points ( degree of difficulty =0.5)

Tying it to the duck in/out of pond = 1.0 (degree of difficulty =3.5- ducks are very sensitive about the tail)

Connecting the spark station to lighning arrestor is 5GAs if we can make it explode else 0 GA.

(sparky is back did anybody notice ?)

etc.

Fantastic ideas for a Fantastic World, I make the illogical logical.They put me in cars,they put me in yer tv.They put me in stereos and those little radios you stick in your ears.They even put me in watches, they have teeny gremlins for your watches
Register to Reply Off Topic (Score 5)
Guru

In reply to #44

02/16/2009 6:35 AM

I have a new contract from somebody calling themselves "Area 51". Something to do with "escapee stop return urgent stop dead or alive stop much $$$ stop". I'm weighing up the ethics, and confirmation of which gets higher price . You cannot hide with ears like those. Rather nice - and MIB's have not specified whole body to be returned

In reply to #48

02/16/2009 7:04 AM

And you thought that with my fellas within the gun it will hit ME !!!. Typical earhling thought.

MIB can not return their own body can they ? to whom ?

Without being personal I remember at the time of plague, each rat tail use to fetch a nice return what about tails of others ? I have to find out.

Then again MIBs do't have tails have they? not on the back side at least (It will be struck of for impropriety i am sure)

Guru

In reply to #49

02/16/2009 1:08 PM

I suspect Del Pied the Piper < bad Sweeny Todd word-play witheld for fear of avatar life>

In reply to #75

02/16/2009 9:04 PM

Have the poor squirrel gone to fox (or may be cat) and thereby attained the horned one ?

Guru

In reply to #99

02/17/2009 1:54 AM

Squirrel is having a nap, but left copious notes/instructions. It's punctuation crimes left me confused about the handover ; " I'm off. Time to eat Devil. Back in a Sec." I'm no better but chances are he'll be back soon.

Engineering Fields - Construction Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Civil Engineering - New Member Hobbies - Fishing - New Member Hobbies - Target Shooting - New Member Hobbies - Hunting - New Member Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member United States - Member - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member

Location: Latitude 38.701979 Longitude -90.439540 Coordinates 38.701979, -90.439540 N38°42.11874, W090°26.3724
Good Answers: 15
In reply to #1

02/16/2009 6:03 AM

What no black bird pies? You are a cat after all. Don't cats eat birds and not fruit.

I'd be happy to take these fruit pies off your hands.

I prefer pies for my B-day instead of cakes. Drive my family nuts for some reason.

In reply to #43

02/16/2009 6:09 AM

Simple reason

Pies do't go well with scotch. Nuts do upto a great extent.

Why nobody is starring this thread- it is such informative.

I could but it is no fun. Till now no new destructive ideas. Excesp this one - pies+scotch = likely violence. Try in any pub (Free pies with a quart - provided you consume both there )

Is the OP making a fun of us in #42 ?

I don't remember helping anyone with a brilliant solution except in that extinguishing Oz Bushfire - and for that I didn't get a GA (even from my brethren )

Register to Reply
Guru

02/14/2009 7:39 AM

Yeah, what about some genius who has the username Bates ? Besides, if I'm the font of all knowledge on nanotechnology and get lots of Good Answers on the subject, it would be unfair to give the impression I could also advice you on how to boil an egg.

We could all add whatever letters after our names, but I'd be tempted to add lots of really impressive sounding ones. Maybe some sort of IQ test while registering ? Nah, I'd just get some clever-clogs to do it for me. How about pay per post - we'd get lots of awfully nice rich people, Bankers and such. We could do it sort of 'what's a search engine?', 'googles a bit', 'google a fair bit', 'googles a lot' ranking. Hey, I know, we could just have a mild giggle about titles and make our own minds up about what we do/don't read.

I'm far too busy considering what constitutes a 'Good Answer' or 'Off-Topic' to worry about this.

Guru
Hobbies - Fishing - Old Salt Hobbies - CNC - New Member United States - US - Statue of Liberty - New Member

Good Answers: 266

02/14/2009 8:30 AM

If you are worried about status and rating your in the wrong place. Most of us just want to help or communicate with persons of like mind.

Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Safety - ESD - New Member Hobbies - Fishing - New Member

Location: Near Frankfurt am Main, Germany. 50.390866N, 8.884827E
Good Answers: 200
In reply to #5

02/15/2009 8:52 AM

GA

Exactly my point of view......

Engineering Fields - Systems Engineering - New Member Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member

Good Answers: 62

02/14/2009 10:25 AM

Usually about the time I start feeling good about a particular GA

I say something stooopid elsewhere.

Or what *I* thought to be a fine and excellent answer is topped by something more accurate, more succinct, greater clarity, or more penetrating to the essence of the problem.

I'd rather work in our current environment of humility rather than feel the need to *defend* my GA to protect some rating.

Humbly yours (and I'm more damned humble than the next guy!)

Good Answers: 32
In reply to #6

02/14/2009 10:49 AM

I agree, I blunder so often that I'm surprised I don't suffer from hoof-in-mouth disease.

In reply to #6

02/14/2009 12:21 PM

No you are not, I am more humble than you are

In reply to #10

02/14/2009 12:59 PM

He didn't mean you he meant nn (the next imposter)

And he can not mean me (pre-emptive bid) - gremlins are very humble- we have never taken credit for the great works of sabotage we have done. We leave the credit to lesser beings (humans).

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 182

02/14/2009 12:35 PM

Make a statistical analysis of the ratios GA/number of comments and you will see a quite interesting result. If you look at it you will feel that NO ONE considers as goal to get a GA. the ratios you suggest are not ours. I consider the system with all its imperfections much more better than what you suggest.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #11

02/14/2009 1:01 PM

Didn't you contribute to the statistical thread ? Still you believe in statistics ?

Don't you know as per statistics 2+2 can be any thing except 4 ?

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #13

02/14/2009 1:50 PM

besides some of us just post to run up our numbers and get a GA purely by chance, sort of like winning the lottery, we just get the correct combination of words totally by accident. Gremlins are fun, they help make life meaning full, if everything worked as planned what fun would that be? You think a Gremlin gets nasty when you throw water on one, try it with a Hamster, that is one nasty creature when wet and enraged, all sorts of unexpected failures will follow.

Good Answers: 96

02/15/2009 5:12 AM

Hi langyaw,

Your idea is intriguing, however for me personally, I don't care much for titles. I am a VP (whoo hoo ), but when people ask me, I just tell them I work at a factory in China. Titles, for me, too often carry some sort of expectation or aura which maybe isn't important, or in some cases isn't earned. Frankly, I still do just about the same thing I've been doing now for the past 38 years. Of course there are different responsibilities and such, that go with the experience, but, still, titles are not so important.

Regarding the 'good answers', for me that are a stroke (hey, I have an ego too ), but one can't really count them ... some 'good' contributions go 'unnoticed', while other lesser contributions seem to spark a flurry of 'GA' responses.

Oh, I do look a the titles, and I do tend to notice those who get the 'Good Answers', but primarily I came to CR4 to exchange ideas, learn from those who know much more in various fields than do I, and share in the camaraderie and humor of a bunch of great folks.

All that said, I am truly glad to see you here, happy for your idea (and hoping for more), but, personally, don't care what the names are. I just appreciate those who make this site available, and those to participate.

Thanks, and kind regards ...

Engineering Fields - Marine Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 19

02/15/2009 6:02 AM

How nice!!!!!!!

One could say ............I used to be conceited once.......Now I'm perfect!!

or

Look at that bloke...........he must have two dicks............no one could be that stupid playing with one!!!

Looks like you are on your own Chief.

In reply to #17

02/15/2009 1:17 PM

Nice cat.

In reply to #23

02/16/2009 3:16 AM

It is lucky that you didn't use the synonym of Cat, the thread would have been clsed due to inappropriate word.

Guru

Good Answers: 88
In reply to #41

02/16/2009 1:11 PM

Isn't Mobi Dick an STD? (Sorry, Mobi, I just had to say it!)

(Kris The Devil made me do it. Where is that Red Guy, anyway? Off tempting the Pope?)

Guru

In reply to #76

02/16/2009 1:38 PM

The red cape and yellow strides went in the wash together....came out looking like Rupert Bear....most embarrassing

In reply to #76

02/26/2009 3:39 AM

Be careful europium.................I resemble that remark!!

Good Answers: 25

02/15/2009 9:04 AM

If we are scoring on GA's we will all need... agents,
pr men, script writers, and, we'll double google use.

eerr.. what's a good answer? My uncle said it's all relative.

jt

When I was small mom said to me, if on the way back from school,
a car pulls up and says "get in!" then, don't argue, just go!

Register to Reply
Guru
Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Safety - ESD - New Member Hobbies - Fishing - New Member

In reply to #19

02/15/2009 9:21 AM

NO!!!

He's a RELATIVE!!!

Guru

In reply to #19

02/15/2009 1:22 PM

If more of the people who post questions as guest, or their first post as a member actually used Google we would have nothing to read

Is that off topic? Do i get a GA? Is it day time?

So many questions so little time, I need more coffee...

In reply to #24

02/15/2009 2:27 PM

To answer you concisely:-

LOL.

No.

No.

No.

Go and get a cup.

In reply to #25

02/15/2009 2:38 PM

I feel better now, finished the coffee in the pot, only 8 cups today, now on Pepsi.

Had to go out and get some incineratable consumables and I discovered it was indeed day time. I am making progress it seems.

In reply to #24

02/16/2009 10:13 AM

"I need more coffee..."

May I recommend a Red Bull IV? You can pressurize it by shaking the can.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #55

02/16/2009 10:35 AM

I prefer NOS, worked wonders on a trip to Vegas, drove straight through, I was however a bit jittery for about a week. Good thing I have a low heart rate and low blood pressure.

In reply to #57

02/16/2009 10:47 AM

So you're the guy who inspired Need for Speed.

I used to drive from L.A. to Denver and that was bad enough (too bad Ritalin hadn't been invented yet. Woulda made things sooooo much easier).

But Ottowa to Vegas? You took a real gamble there. <hehe>

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #61

02/16/2009 10:49 AM

And I did it in an old Land Rover, 1986 diesel Defender 90.

Twice even, didn't learn the first time...

In reply to #62

02/16/2009 10:57 AM

"And I did it in an old Land Rover, 1986 diesel Defender 90."

<bowing profusely> I - am - not - worthy...

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #63

02/16/2009 11:25 AM

Arguably sanity is not one of my strong points.

I can build you a custom one if you like...

next up for my 90 is to stretch it out to 100 and drop in a modern diesel, I have been hunting for a Cummins or Duramax but they seem to be harder to locate in a wrecked truck than I had thought. Oh I have a spare 100 inch chassis beside the house so I an not harming the original 90 chassis.

Guru

02/15/2009 12:36 PM

I think the system is more-or-less OK as is, although the basic titles should be changed from member through guru, to something more realistic: member = "productive member of society" (with not enough time to spend it online) through several steps to "guru" = "eminently distractable twit who has nothing better to do". Of course the new titles seem a little wordy...

In my experience, good answers are awarded in a highly subjective way, and often (or usually) have little to do technical correctness. My "best" good answer (which has, I think, about 30 votes at this point) was a meandering, wordy, poorly-edited piece of drivel which nevertheless struck an emotional chord.

Many answers that are utterly and totally unsupportable by science or engineering principles get good answer votes, (by, for example, over unity and HHO promoters) whereas straightforward correct answers are ignored. Fyz's answers, for example, are very rarely not "good" : they are articulate, clear, and almost always technically correct -- and even when they seem to be incorrect in someone's opinion, the "incorrectness" has to do with points shaved very fine. We have some individuals who are nearly incapable of answering anything correctly, yet have several "good answers" in their tally.

But having said all this drivel, I say leave the existing system alone. Arguments should be accepted on their merit, rather ad hominem: anyone who accepts what some "guru" says an the basis of the title alone, is a fool. The existing scheme is fun, and we hope that everyone realizes that no one should engineer a safety sling based on anything said here.

In reply to #22

02/15/2009 3:13 PM

I may have just sullied my reputation . If they introduce the death penalty for those who slip below a GA/Posts ratio limit, I'm a gonna !

In reply to #28

02/16/2009 9:56 AM

To save you and the Admins (who are packing Uzzis and waiting just outside your door) the trouble, I've computed your ratio of GAs to posts and show it here as a percentage: 0.298120544%. This sucky figure takes into account your forthcoming reply which will also not garner a GA. You are soooooo screwed.

Register to Reply Off Topic (Score 4)
Guru

In reply to #52

02/16/2009 1:30 PM

Would you care for a wager, Mr My-calculator-ain't-big-enough ? I suckered somebody once before...... Anyway, it looks like Dances with Trees propped you up a little bit........the implication is almost too funny to say.....sort of, "Texan member given support by wood lover"

In reply to #77

02/16/2009 1:43 PM

"Would you care for a wager, Mr My-calculator-ain't-big-enough?"

I never make deals with the Devil, but in your case I'll make an exception.

"I suckered somebody once before."

Just once? I find that hard to believe. You're a devil squirrel, after all. Where is the fat guy in the little chair?

"Anyway, it looks like Dances with Trees propped you up a little bit..."

At my age I need all the propping-up I can get. Liquid nitrogen helps sometimes.

"...the implication is almost too funny to say.....sort of, "Texan member given support by wood lover"

That does it. I'm giving you a GA, but it won't matter because you forgot to uncheck your Off-Topic thingie. "Thanks for being honest!" (So what are those that we don't mark OT? Lies?)

Guru

In reply to #80

02/16/2009 1:48 PM

Careful what you wish for.........

In reply to #81

02/16/2009 2:05 PM

How do you stuff the Red Guy into that little squirrel suit? Must be quite an ordeal (one I'd pay money to see). Does Mr. Squirrel have stretch marks?

(Notice that I unchecked the OT thingie. Feel free to indulge, however: I like the rush)

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #83

02/16/2009 9:10 PM

Refer to #99

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #83

02/17/2009 1:56 AM

....and ref #105

In reply to #77

02/16/2009 1:57 PM

nasty one you are, conspiracy it must be.

OK who put Yoda in my keyboard...

In reply to #82

02/16/2009 9:06 PM

Any thing to do with your key board can be done by only one

Guru

In reply to #100

02/17/2009 2:00 AM

Yes, a secretive one. My keys are all sticky and I don't know who did it

In reply to #77

02/22/2009 12:07 AM

I was going to start a run on GA's for you. Just to screw the magic eight ball. But now, well now the OT says it all.

In reply to #195

02/22/2009 12:33 AM

Oh no not the magic ball, not that...

In reply to #195

02/22/2009 3:15 AM

Due to De's breakfasting habits, I've been banned from tasseograhy. My client in Austin has gone strangely quiet since I recommended extipicy to him. Perhaps I should have added that this is lightly different to the ol' leaves, in that it doesn't need to end in tears like some kind of seppuku mistake. I've got a great deal running with google for all this stuff

In reply to #197

02/22/2009 3:40 AM

..This is still my first breakfast.
I was out at 7 this morning liberating some logs from the tyrany of overplanting.
Only just onto the tea toast, Sunday paper...anyway that was never handball...bloody ref was a homer...should be strung up.
Del

In reply to #198

02/22/2009 3:56 AM

Hey that reminds me, do people still chuck bog-rolls at football matches ? This is one for Yuvals wrapper thread. Old style rattles would make much more sense. Knock the bloody ref for six, and you can re-use them Bringing back those sturdy long shorts and vest would be good too - save on all those tears. Real men never used to hug each other and swap shirts. I dare not digress to the team bath thing.......it deserves a much better place Look how cold they get in the modern kit ;

In reply to #199

02/22/2009 12:49 PM

What we need is ladies football, cold would be an asset, trading shirts please do, short shorts yes please. A new trend is needed me thinks...

Oh the twists and turns this thread has taken...

In reply to #200

02/22/2009 12:54 PM

I've developed a sudden, and very eager, interest in football ! Rugby would make for a fine mixed sports event as well.

In reply to #201

02/22/2009 1:06 PM

Indeed, brings a whole new meaning to Scrum

In reply to #201

02/22/2009 2:52 PM

Hey..new Avatar.
Cute...but no cigar!
Del

In reply to #203

02/22/2009 7:14 PM

It's a 'top-only' shot. aka a 'Lewinski'. See those clutching claws.....

In reply to #204

02/22/2009 11:59 PM

Are those clutching claws yours? (I won't think so)

And it is definitely not a top only (well I don't know with bottom not shown) .

Is it your re-birth ?

Squirrel → fox→ devil →squirrel → ...

And the cycle goes on ad infinitum (or everything falls in a darkhole)

BTW: what del had for breakfast ? - he went in the morning to liberate some logs

and you know early cats birds get the squirrels worms.

Guru
Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Netherlands - Member - New Member Fans of Old Computers - Commodore 64 - New Member

Good Answers: 38
In reply to #201

02/22/2009 8:40 PM

In holland we have korfball that is mixed, then only interesting about it is the celebrations after scoring

In reply to #199

02/23/2009 4:20 AM

Talking of "bog rolls".............thought of this one I have stored away in "my pictures"

In reply to #22

02/16/2009 9:46 AM

"... anyone who accepts what some "guru" says an the basis of the title alone, is a fool."

I don't buy a word of it, Mister. A GA for you!

Register to Reply Score 1 for Good Answer
Guru

In reply to #51

02/16/2009 10:00 AM

Ah Ha, you get a GA too, take that....

In reply to #53

02/16/2009 1:31 PM

I fear you may want to subtract from me......

In reply to #78

02/16/2009 2:09 PM

Done! <hehe>

Guru

In reply to #84

02/17/2009 2:02 AM

Doh ! Now I'll never catch Del's OT record

In reply to #108

02/17/2009 5:50 AM

Why not we have a record of OT points instead of GA points ?

Guru

In reply to #110

02/17/2009 5:58 AM

I'd like to see it too, but somewhere Del has the mother of all OT's. Near on 10 OT votes he got ! Damn feline is getting his cake both ways

In reply to #111

02/24/2009 6:44 AM

Here Kris, you can fix del up if you wish............take him for a swim.........in a "rubber duckie"

In reply to #211

02/24/2009 7:28 AM

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

In reply to #212

02/24/2009 8:38 AM

Splaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash

Ding dong del pussys in the well

Who put him in?

..........it wasn't me............honest.

I cannot tell a lie..............it was Kris...........he done it!!!!!!!!

In reply to #211

02/24/2009 9:31 AM

That is going to be one POed pussy cat

In reply to #211

02/24/2009 10:54 AM

PMSL ! I reckon the cat clawed the boat on purpose as it escaped.

In reply to #217

02/25/2009 7:09 AM

Nah! Del would never do that...........(thinks)...........or woud he???

In reply to #218

02/25/2009 11:53 AM

On reflection, the cat might be heroically attacking the Humpback whale that just hit the boat. It won't puncture the whale 'till it's within pouncing distance of dry land.

In reply to #219

02/25/2009 8:38 PM

Very good theory, they could also be on a raft in Scotland and the cat is defending the children fro the Loch Ness Monster.

In reply to #221

02/26/2009 2:34 AM

Nah - it's more like a Haggis in flight, you can see the pink con-trail in the picture.

Hobbies - HAM Radio - New Member Engineering Fields - Mechanical Engineering - New Member United States - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 22
In reply to #211

02/25/2009 2:54 PM

I like the name you put on the photo.

For those that don't know, put your mouse pointer on the picture, right-click, and choose Properties. An Element Properties box opens up that you might have to expand by dragging the right side to show the entire location.

In reply to #220

02/26/2009 2:37 AM

A8174C63-0E36-3B34-7413F361F2132B19

That's a bloody silly name

In reply to #220

02/26/2009 3:18 AM

Well Doug, I have so many pictures in a number of folders.............and I never know why I put a particular photo in there..........i put a little notation on it and..............BANG.....................it triggers my memory...............hahahaha..............what memory!!!!!!

Now what the hell is this supposed to mean..............I had it in my pictures..............but ...............what for...........I don't know!!!!!!!!!!

In reply to #108

02/17/2009 9:25 AM

there you go an OT from me. If an Off Topic gets an OT does that make it On Topic?

In reply to #112

02/17/2009 11:36 AM

Ta ! I've just realized I can probably give it an OT myself as well.....It's currently showing 7, so if I succeed it should be 8 OT in just a second

In reply to #113

02/17/2009 11:57 AM

9 and 7. <hehe>

Guru

In reply to #112

02/17/2009 11:39 AM

Damn....I think it might take a few minutes to register, but the signs are good....

"You are rating your own comment. Restrictions apply!"

Only option (for me) is OT, so all should be good soon.

In reply to #114

02/17/2009 11:49 AM

Go Kris go

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

3Doug (4); Andy Germany (4); artsmith (1); Blink (3); Bricktop (13); chrisg288 (2); Dances with Trees (39); DCaD (1); Del the cat (10); edignan (2); Epke (9); jt (1); Kris (44); langyaw (6); MOBI (16); nick name (1); not so smart (2); ozzb (1); sb (34); scotchdrnkr (1); TexasCharley (1); U V (2); user-deleted-13 (39)

Previous in Forum: Dumper Dilemma!   Next in Forum: About piezo buzzer
You might be interested in: Tool Posts, Posts, Spacers and Standoffs

Advertisement