Previous in Forum: The Boussinesq Approximation for Buoyancy in an Incompressible Flow   Next in Forum: 1-Pixel Colour Camera
Close
Close
Close
Page 1 of 3: « First 1 2 3 Next > Last »
Anonymous Poster #1

Are You a Terrorist (But Didn't Know It)?

12/17/2013 9:20 PM

You may not think that you are but the FBI has published a list of 25 different "threat areas" that contain "Suspicious Activities" that should be reported. Here's the list, go to the link at the bottom to find out what else you're doing that might indicate that you may be a risk (Hint-watch out when you're buying that soldering iron!):

http://publicintelligence.net/fbi-suspicious-activity-reporting-flyers/

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Guru

Good Answers: 1662

Re: Are you a terrorist (but didn't know it)?

12/17/2013 9:41 PM

We should add anonymous posters to that threat list!

Reply Good Answer (Score 2)
Guru
United States - Member - Hobbies - Fishing - New Member Hobbies - Target Shooting - New Member Hobbies - RC Aircraft - New Member Engineering Fields - Aerospace Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 69
In reply to #1

12/18/2013 12:00 AM

AP#1 doesn't what to be known, in fear of being added to the list

The question is, "Who isn't suspicious?" And Lyn, watch out Anon #1 may have already turned you in for his Brownie points.

BJA, JRIC and FBI's disclaimer;

"It is important to remember that just because someone's speech, actions, beliefs, appearance, or way of life is different; it does not mean that he or she is suspicious."

In reply to #5

12/18/2013 12:05 AM

He can't turn me in.

1. He's an upper manager.

2. He hasn't asked us how to do it.

Guru
United States - Member - Hobbies - Fishing - New Member Hobbies - Target Shooting - New Member Hobbies - RC Aircraft - New Member Engineering Fields - Aerospace Engineering - New Member

In reply to #6

12/18/2013 12:22 AM

Ha ha!! Guess I walked into that one, huh??

12/17/2013 9:53 PM
Guru
Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member Engineering Fields - Piping Design Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 781

12/17/2013 10:36 PM

They could delete everything except "General Public" and just let that cover the whole lot. This kind of scattershot nonsense is a good way to miss real threats.

In reply to #3

12/17/2013 10:59 PM

From the "Home improvement" section.

The "Joint Regional Intelligence Center" (JRIC) recommends reporting anyone who purchases, "Firearms and ammunition out of season." (bolding is mine) I didn't know there was a season on firearms and ammunition.

That must be a misprint. The name must be the, "Joint Intelligence Regional Center" (JIRC)

Makes me want to go buy some more guns and ammo that I don't need.

I can't go on!

Guru
Engineering Fields - Construction Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Civil Engineering - New Member Hobbies - Fishing - New Member Hobbies - Target Shooting - New Member Hobbies - Hunting - New Member Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member United States - Member - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member

Location: Latitude 38.701979 Longitude -90.439540 Coordinates 38.701979, -90.439540 N38°42.11874, W090°26.3724
Good Answers: 15
In reply to #3

12/19/2013 5:21 AM

I'm a Life member of the NRA. And also belong to many other Pro-Gun groups.
So I know they already consider me a terrorist.

Guru
Hobbies - Fishing - New Member

Good Answers: 467

12/18/2013 6:55 AM

As a proud supporter of the tea party principles of a constitutional government and fiscal responsibility, I know for a fact that I am considered a potential terrorist.

It's pretty scary when people that want our constitutional rights adhered to, become terrorist suspects.

Hobbies - CNC - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member Engineering Fields - Electromechanical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 411
In reply to #8

12/18/2013 8:17 AM

Nope, you're not on the list............. and I looked three times.

There's a Karat Mabulub....... but no kramarat

In reply to #9

12/18/2013 8:29 AM

That's a relief!

My first thought when I woke up this morning, was, if it's true that Snowden has only released 1% of what he has on the NSA...which includes the tracking/recording of everybody's phone calls and emails....

What the heck is in the other 99%????!!!!

I can't even imagine.

In reply to #10

12/18/2013 8:31 AM

J. Edgar Hoover in drag?

Guru
Safety - Hazmat - New Member Engineering Fields - Retired Engineers / Mentors - New Member Engineering Fields - Piping Design Engineering - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member Fans of Old Computers - PDP 11 - New Member

Good Answers: 202
In reply to #11

12/18/2013 9:51 AM

lyn-

The last WMD (Weapons of Mass Destruction) class I took I saw your name at the top of the list of potential threats. Rest assured thought I straightened the matter out. I told them you were misclassified because you were a Weapon of Mind Destruction not Mass Destruction.

Good Luck, Old Salt

In reply to #12

12/18/2013 10:26 AM

No...he only attacks the mindless; and sometimes the lazy.

In reply to #13

12/18/2013 11:27 AM

Not true. I'm just a legend in my own mind.

Guru
Safety - Hazmat - New Member Engineering Fields - Retired Engineers / Mentors - New Member Engineering Fields - Piping Design Engineering - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member Fans of Old Computers - PDP 11 - New Member

In reply to #13

12/18/2013 11:38 AM

I stand corrected. Well maybe no, he might attack me then!

Good Luck, Old Salt

Hobbies - CNC - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member Engineering Fields - Electromechanical Engineering - New Member

In reply to #15

12/18/2013 4:45 PM

Lyn doesn't discriminate, he believes in equal opportunity........ he'll attack anyone........

Good Answers: 4
In reply to #11

12/18/2013 11:22 PM

Those pictures must have some CRAZY high resolution.

Guru

Re: Are You a Terrorist (But Didn't Know It)?

12/18/2013 2:06 PM

Being this is Anon poster with a bunch of different links, I think CR4 members are being monitored and ranked on the Terrorist List by what links they open.

Wonder how they missed charcoal, sulfur or potassium nitrate (saltpeter). All readily available.

And if the Terrorist didn't know what the other ingredients are for a peroxide bomb, they're more than willing to include them in their handout brochure, Peroxide Explosives

In reply to #16

12/18/2013 2:27 PM

WHAT A CROCK.

"Hydrogen peroxide may be purchased on the Internet or from a pharmacy, food store, home improvement or hardware store, chemical distributor, health store, or beauty supply store."

The only thing missing is the instructions and formulas.

Brought to you at exorbitant taxpayer expense by the flaming idiots at The Bureau of Justice Assistance, Office of Justice Programs, Federal Bureau of Investigation, U.S. Department of Justice.

Guru

In reply to #17

12/18/2013 3:02 PM

"The only thing missing is the instructions and formulas" Those are readily available if you "do your own research"

Well, at least we know our tax money is well spent. The Patriot Act is nothing more than a free for all stopping on our Constitutional Rights.

They also forgot to mention to watch out for those teetotalers.

oh wait, I guess those are the "sleepers" huh?

In reply to #18

12/18/2013 4:26 PM

I like the way they mention that just because a person looks a certain way, (I'm supposing that means, as they are purchasing the ingredients), not to judge them by the way they look.

We have complete idiots in charge.

Not saying to hate everybody that looks like this, but, c'mon!!!!

It's political correctness that gets people killed. We didn't beef up security at Benghazi, because we didn't want any hurt feelings.

In reply to #20

12/18/2013 5:09 PM

I'm more worried about our own Police, with their "shoot first, ask questions later" attitude.

In reply to #22

12/18/2013 5:33 PM
Guru

In reply to #23

12/18/2013 5:48 PM

NSA: "What list?, We don't keep any lists....."

NSA: "Lyn, can you move to the right, just a tad....."

NSA: "There you go, thanks."

Guru

In reply to #23

12/18/2013 6:05 PM

Think about it...

We've now got police that grew up going to school where everybody got an award.

We've now got police that never were taught anything about the constitution.

We've now got police that were taught that citizens are the enemy.

We've now got police that weren't allowed to do anything without their helmets and knee pads on.

Therefore, we've now got police that are not mentally equipped to handle the job. They are so terrified of getting hurt, that they can't think of anything but protecting themselves, and shoot.

Hell, they've probably been taught that they are victims, and everybody out there might be a bully.

Just imagine our police, or worse yet, our military, 20 years from now, when they have been so neutered and feminized that they fear getting out of bed in the morning.

In reply to #25

12/18/2013 8:07 PM

And now we have Police that are Vet's with PTSD shooting 13 year-olds, thinking they're Terrorist. In the back no less! Deputy Erick Gelhaus has the 'shoot first ...." attitude. And Gelhaus is a firearms instructor. This story still has untold details that are being covered up.

In reply to #27

12/18/2013 8:25 PM

The cops will get off with a paid vacation, because what they did was "within policy".

Like the kid who was shot 10 times by three officers, who said the boy lunged at them with a knife.

That's OK cause anyone advancing with a knife is considered a lethal threat if they are within 22 feet of cops with guns.

Guru

In reply to #28

12/19/2013 8:50 AM

When I went to college 25+ years ago, they had a police science major..... of when I had some class together.

Now, I realize you need to have a personality for this. but some of these people had real issues......

Some where very arrogant as well as a low intelligence.

while others I believe just took the major to possible get some pay back to people that may have treated them poorly.

But what these had in common, was that anyone in their class that had any amount of intelligence, they jumped on their case and criticized them every change they got.

I'm not even going to get into how they treated the female's in their class.

Good Answers: 4
In reply to #28

12/19/2013 10:51 AM

Perhaps they thought he was Canadian.

Guru

Good Answers: 5
In reply to #28

12/26/2013 7:44 AM

The wrong attitude of UN,superpowers & governments inceases attacks on governments

Good Answers: 80
In reply to #198

12/26/2013 11:01 AM

In all reality Pna, you should be saying thank you....

http://www.usaid.gov/results-and-data

2.5 billion US aid and counting and that is just from the US and does not include Austrailia, GB, Germany, China, and a host of other smaller contributors.

In reply to #27

12/19/2013 4:16 AM

Considering the flagrant abuse of power at the federal level, I can't help but wonder if this is exactly the kind of local cops they want in place.

http://www.examiner.com/article/renowned-author-obama-wants-military-leaders-who-will-fire-on-u-s-citizens

Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member Engineering Fields - Piping Design Engineering - New Member

In reply to #33

12/19/2013 4:37 AM

Do you really believe a garbage no-name article like that?

In reply to #34

12/19/2013 5:41 AM

Oh sorry. Let me google "Kent State", "Branch Davidians", and "Ruby Ridge"...maybe I can find you some more relevant information.

It's all fictional.

http://www.patriotthoughts.com/2012/06/16/beware-of-homeland-security-training-for-local-law-enforcement/

In reply to #38

12/19/2013 6:00 AM

At least those include some identifiable names and circumstances.

Having the stomach to shoot the Newtown shooter after a few victims would be better than waiting for 20+ victims. All depends on context. In your examples, the government shot too quickly (or at least probably too quickly). But your examples are not the only possible examples.

In reply to #39

12/19/2013 6:24 AM

Absolutely!

The recent shooter in Colorado, offed himself when confronted by an armed sheriff's deputy that was working security at the school. Guns save lives. We want our cops to be the good guys, that are ready to shoot a bad guy when it's needed.

What we don't want, is cops that see themselves as "outside" of the community, and elite government security forces...which looks like it's happening.

This is a glaring example:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop-and-frisk_in_New_York_City

It's moving to other cities, and it's blatantly unconstitutional. The precedent that this sets, means that they can do it anytime, anywhere, to anybody.

It's easy to sit back and say that these measures help bring down crime...and so would a national curfew, and armed soldiers on every corner. If we continue to allow the government to usurp the constitution, I don't think that their quest to control us will ever stop.

If documenting and spreading the word of their increasing abuse, makes me a potential terrorist...so be it. People need to be made aware of what they are doing.

Safety - Hazmat - New Member Engineering Fields - Mining Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Construction Engineering - New Member Hobbies - Hunting - New Member

Good Answers: 12
In reply to #42

12/19/2013 8:36 AM

Your right we should bring back the era of Tombstone. Been to Boot hill a lot of people there saved by guns.

In reply to #47

12/19/2013 10:45 AM

Actually, just talking about numbers and statistics.

Studies are showing that removing people's ability to defend themselves, does not lead to a decrease in crime; nor do big signs that advertise "gun free" zones. Criminals seem to be attracted to those zones. Crazy, huh?

Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Safety - ESD - New Member Hobbies - Fishing - New Member

Location: Near Frankfurt am Main, Germany. 50.390866N, 8.884827E
Good Answers: 200
In reply to #54

12/19/2013 4:26 PM

Kramat, what you say is not correct if you look at the world as a whole, not JUST the USA. Is it even true there?

Gun free zones (outside of the USA at least), promote fewer murders per capita.

For example, the UK has a no tolerance for handguns, yes they are there, but in significantly smaller numbers than before the ban took place.

But if you want to discuss gun murder pro capita, then the UK is quite a safe place to live, whereas the USA is not!!! Neither is Germany....

See here:-

http://fleshisgrass.wordpress.com/2012/07/24/us-and-uk-murder-rate-and-weapon-updated/

You will find this as the first page:-

US and UK murder - rate and weapon (updated)

Posted on July 24, 2012 by fleshisgrass

This piece contains updated statistics for my most-read post. The comments under that post have been coming steadily since 2007.

In the US - population 311.5 million (1) - there were an estimated 13,756 murders in 2009 (2), a rate of about 5.0 per 100,000 (3). Of these 9,203 were carried out with a firearm.

In the UK - population 56.1 million (4) - there were an estimated 550 murders in 2011-12 (5), a rate of about 1.4 per 100,000. Of these 39 were carried out with a firearm (6).

The numbers in (Brackets) refer to the references for the data and can be found on the second page of the document at the above link.

I hope that you find this also interesting....

http://www.juancole.com/2012/07/58-murders-a-year-by-firearms-in-britain-8775-in-us.html

Here it states categorically:-

The international comparisons show conclusively that fewer gun owners per capita produce not only fewer murders by firearm, but fewer murders per capita over all. In the case of Britain, firearms murders are 30 times fewer than in the US per capita.

Q.E.D.

In reply to #65

12/19/2013 5:32 PM

This is a big subject that we can take up in the OT section, if you want.

Take a look at violent crime in the UK...it's up.

Most of our gun crime in the US, happens in the cities with the strictest gun laws.

But there's a giant, dirty secret, that nobody wants to talk about.

The criminal gangs that commit the vast majority of the gun crimes in our cities, emerge directly from the cesspools that are created by our social welfare programs.

1)Our social welfare programs require lots of union government workers, to administer.

2) Our criminal gangs and gun violence require lots of government workers to administer. From union police officers, to judges and prosecutors, to parole officers, to union prison guards, to union construction of prisons.

3) Our large cities are typically controlled by one party. A party that says that more money will fix the problem...just another tax hike, we just need more union cops on the street, we just need more social programs, (and workers), to stop the flow of drugs.

Ironically, nothing seems to work, and all we hear is that it will take more government and more money to fix it.

I submit, that everything is working exactly as it's supposed to; with just the right mix of drugs, crime, murder, fear, cops, and mayhem, to keep an intentionally created, self perpetuating system going.

And as cold as this sounds...I also believe that Planned Parenthood is placed right in the center of these places, to cull the herd and keep the population at manageable numbers.

If we were to allow the law abiding to arm and defend themselves, crime might drop drastically, and there would be no justification for the massive government machine that needs more money every year.

We can't have that!

Do you honestly think that the US is incapable of securing our southern border?

They aren't fooling everybody.

Without these problems, the government itself becomes non-essential; at least in it's current state.

Good Answers: 35
In reply to #25

12/19/2013 10:28 AM

Then there are the grammar Nazis that like to point out everyone's mist...Oh never mind.

In reply to #17

12/18/2013 3:28 PM

A few years ago I took a one week course in Socorro, NM, put on by the Dept of Homeland Security titled "Haz Mat Response to Terrorist Bombings". Before it I thought I knew how to make a few types of bombs. After the course I knew how to make many different types of bombs and especially ones I didn't even have to go to a store to get the ingredients. The kitchen, workshop and garage are your best sources. Best part of the class was going to the range and putting 550 pounds of Ammonium Nitrate- Fuel Oil in a car and blowing it up. That gentlemen is a really big BOOM! Biggest part left was the torque converter. Fertilizer, aluminum shavings from foil, Vaseline, fuel oil, baking soda, soda (pop), battery acid and many others can make some real good bombs if mixed correctly.

If anyone has the opportunity to take this class, DO take it. Extremely interesting and half each day is spent at the range. Its also free to qualified people and qualification isn't hard.

Good Luck, Old Salt

Good Answers: 206

12/18/2013 6:34 PM

this why I avoid malls this time of year, too many terrorists vying for the same parking spot

Reply Score 1 for Good Answer
Guru

Good Answers: 29

12/18/2013 11:13 PM

Quick update. If you check with you bank you may discover you are a terrorist. I discovered this yesterday. A 'quiet law' concerning banking or transfering money from one bank to another. You can be a money launderer, terrorist or other and the law covers America and Canada and Internationally. And I don't see banking on the list!!!

Guru

In reply to #29

12/18/2013 11:45 PM

This ex-FBI agent found out the same thing about Banks and the Bank Secrecy Act.

Engineering Fields - Construction Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Civil Engineering - New Member Hobbies - Fishing - New Member Hobbies - Target Shooting - New Member Hobbies - Hunting - New Member Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member United States - Member - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member

Location: Latitude 38.701979 Longitude -90.439540 Coordinates 38.701979, -90.439540 N38°42.11874, W090°26.3724
Good Answers: 15
In reply to #29

12/19/2013 5:30 AM

Have you tried to open a NEW bank account.

You have to have at least 2 official forms of ID (At least one has to include a picture) plus something showing proof of address.

Never did understand the proof of address thing. If I've got a fake proof of ID don't you think I can get a fake proof of address?

Australia - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 2
In reply to #29

12/19/2013 6:04 AM

Banking - try Financial Institutions

Power-User
Australia - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 2
In reply to #29

12/19/2013 6:10 AM

...yep, I got bounced by my bank - and dont try to send money to friends overseas either.. PAX AMERICANA - more like Paranoia Americana

Guru

12/18/2013 11:21 PM

Without any evidence if US wishes it can declare individuals,leaders & organisations fighting for independence as "terrorists" ,like Yasser Arafat,Gadaffi etc

In reply to #30

12/19/2013 5:06 AM

The "freedom fighters" you mention were involved in blowing up school buses and an airplane. You should retract your nonsensical comment.

In reply to #35

12/19/2013 7:14 AM

How much destruction & human rights violations were carried out bu USA & their allies & beggers?.

Anonymous Poster #2
In reply to #43

12/19/2013 8:55 AM

Difference between terrorists and the USA and its puppies? NOTHING

Do terrorists see the USA and its allies as terrorist organisations?

G8, G10, meetings? Terrorists plotting no good, in public, using public money and getting great coverage?

Anyone who can destroy your life or family or way of life , threaten or bully seems to be classed a terrorist. Does that make the tax offices world wide, terrorist?

Reply Off Topic (Score 3)
Guru

In reply to #49

12/19/2013 9:03 AM

You may, or may not, be a terrorist yourself.

But, you are certainly a butcherer of logic and language.

Guru

In reply to #50

12/19/2013 9:35 AM

The whole thread was probably started by an NSA operative, just to see who's who, and how we would respond.

In reply to #50

12/19/2013 11:10 AM

Mr Lyn. Show me common sense and logic today, show me proper written language. Show me your rightful freedoms and I shall show you 50m + stupid people who are less intelligent, sensible or logical than a telephone directory. It is far better to butcher a language than other people and countries.

No, I am NOT a terrorist in anyway, just very concerned with what you may call society and a world as you know it! Look around, people are fighting and dying to be free of terrorists, including governments. It is sad that you gave away your God given rights and live in fear of your own government. It is even more sad that the USA is responsible for deciding their dollar, under Nixon, was the new world monetary benchmark, over gold. The USA screwed up the world, take responsibility for this action. Terrorism would not exist if we had common sense and logical thought, and cared.

It is better to poop on another's doorstep, than clean up the mess on your own doorstep.

Your motley crew terrorises the world with global warming and they can't even get that right. Shame on you for trying to dominate the world with your evil ways sir. As did every empire before the USA, you will fall and your rules will be of no use. You can only get resistance where there is interference. This I am afraid is logical, applicable and sensible and being an engineer, you will fully understand that logical principle. It is not rocket science. Neither is living ones life as it was meant to be.

From the heart, Gob bless you all, and have a safe and happy Xmas.

Reply Off Topic (Score 4)
Guru

In reply to #57

12/19/2013 11:14 AM

was there an engineering question in this diatribe?

Guru

In reply to #57

12/19/2013 11:47 AM

I believe this statement falls under as a passive/aggressive tirade.

Good Answers: 17
In reply to #57

12/20/2013 5:15 PM

Oh yes, yes!!!

It's the United States fault that other countries base their existence on how we run our country! The US didn't "decide" that they were the monetary benchmark...it was decided by the free market economy, of which there were several countries which chose not to participate: USSR, NK, Cuba, etc. Yeah, their prosperity is sooo great.

[/sarcasm]

Back to second paragraph, first sentence: You don't get to decide if you are labeled a terrorist, other people do it for you. That's another great thing about America.

However, if you would like, I can call someone at the FBI for you

In reply to #71

12/20/2013 5:54 PM

Well, not entirely true..... It started after WWII. The United States had all the gold. And we invested and rebuilt Europe after WWII.

Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Engineering Fields - Engineering Physics - New Member Engineering Fields - Nuclear Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 75
In reply to #72

12/20/2013 8:49 PM

"invested and rebuilt Europe after WWII"

Yeah. And since Japan attacked us, and Germany attacked our trading partners and friends, wasn't THAT an arrogant thing for us to do, too? I mean, we definitely ARE the bad guys in the world, aren't we?

I mean, the nerve of us, giving more per capita than any other country in the world to help out those who hate us, when disaster strikes them.

But, of course, selfish, arrogant, self-absorbed nations do that all the time. And send over well-trained and supplied teams of volunteers to help in rescue and resupply efforts. Volunteers who pay for most of their own training, and their own travel expenses, and do so at the cost of NOT being able to go to work and earn their own living while they are so engaged.

But of course selfish, self-centered, arrogant people do that all the time, so it doesn't count for anything, anyway.

In reply to #79

12/21/2013 6:08 AM

Feel better now?

Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Engineering Fields - Engineering Physics - New Member Engineering Fields - Nuclear Engineering - New Member

In reply to #92

12/21/2013 9:48 PM

Not all that much, but nothing seems to help. I get tired of America and Americans being called terrorists by people who call those who slaughter innocents freedom fighters. It's a matter of perspective, I guess, but I'm one who gives, and keeps on giving, to people around the world, who often seem to be represented by those who hate us. Good thing we don't do it for thanks, cause little if any is forthcoming. But then when Pnaban calls Americans terrorists and Yasar Arafat a "freedom fighter", it does stir me up.

Nope, doesn't feel better, primarily cause it probably didn't change anything on his side, and it won't change anything on mine.

OTOH, I don't trust the US Government (which I feel no longer even comes close to representing Americans in general, nor me in specific) any further than Pnaban appears to, so I suppose he has a point there. I just wish he wouldn't lump all Americans with the American Government. And, no, I DIDN'T vote for this one, and won't be voting for either of the two main parties on party lines.

It's all so confusing. I only know who I am, and who my wife and selected friends are. But, then again, I'm only responsible for that small circle, at least as far as my interaction with that circle is concerned, so I guess it's all good.

In reply to #110

12/22/2013 5:54 AM

It's not all bad,...... And not all feel that way. I had this posted on a another thread. A Canadian journalist Goerge Sinclair felt the same way you do, and he put it into words called 'The Americans'.

Pretty good read.

http://www.america.ameryka.org/sinclair.html

Guru

In reply to #115

12/22/2013 2:03 PM

Thanks for the reminder, and yes, NOW I feel much better, thank you! I had read Mr. Sinclair's article before, and loved it then, because it so eloquently speaks of all that I love about America (besides it freedoms, particularly of speech, association, religion, and the right to defend oneself, one's family, one's friends, property, nation, etc. from all enemies foreign and domestic) (yes, I know that last is a responsibility, but I felt honored to serve in the US military for 9 years [USN, thank you] and still feel honored to be allowed to be part of it's defense, should war come to our shores), and it comes from a man who lived through much in order to understand how much we, and he, had.

Unlike, I suspect, Pnaban, who seems to think whining about everyone else's position will improve his own.

Pull up your big-boy pants, Pnaban, and fix what's broke where you are, or go somewhere else and make a contribution to the common good. But quit whining. I go many places to fix many problems, but I'll NOT be coming to fix yours. You do it.

In reply to #71

12/20/2013 6:43 PM

Second paragraph, last sentence: "Terrorism would not exist if we had common sense and logical thought, and cared."

No kidding. Killing innocent strangers for religious or political reasons is not new. The USA didn't invent it.

The history of terrorism is as old as humans' willingness to use violence to affect politics.

I don't know how I put the burr under IQ's saddle, and don't care, but they are displaying the very traits they ridicule.

Guru

In reply to #73

12/20/2013 7:06 PM

I was under the distinct impression we were modern and above all that now. You know, civilised, educated, understanding, tolerant, fair, non condoning, politically correct, save the world, equal, just,etc etc. Did I miss something in the past 5 decades? Are the beliefs held today all wrong, yet again? Oh heck. just get on with it then and let some of us know when you have all agreed to adhere to something and learned from the history.

Could be fun again.

Guru

In reply to #75

12/20/2013 7:10 PM

They were called 'guerrillas'. I think the USA promoted the other terrible word. Call them guerrillas again and all will be well with the world. And no one needs to burr another person. Must be a new thing.

Hi babe, have you been burred today? Love it!

Guru

In reply to #75

12/20/2013 7:13 PM

I can't imagine how you could be under such an impression, unless you have been living in a cave in Iraq or Pakistan with the insane people who think that butchering innocent people and children to prove a meaningless point is the way to bring the infidels to their knees and get them back in line.

The world changes, even for cave dwellers.

Guru

In reply to #77

12/27/2013 11:38 AM
Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Safety - ESD - New Member Hobbies - Fishing - New Member

In reply to #220

12/27/2013 12:51 PM

Don't believe all you read on aljazeera, they are often very shy of the truth.

The first link does not work due to Ads.

Sad about the Ambassador....

I would guess that some 50% of the news on the internet is falsified in some manner to make money.....if anyone says "more", I would not disagree....

In reply to #226

12/27/2013 1:19 PM

I cannot get to AJ from work...gov't computer, go figure...but figured they'd represent some different views... kind of like Huff Post.

The other links worked when I posted, though.

In reply to #220

12/28/2013 9:30 PM

A life lost will never come back whether it belongs to a Politician,rebel,soldier,police or civilian or even kids & animals. We should respect rights of lives. If a President or police or soldier is killed another person can be appointed but if a family loses its breadwinner or a kid or somebody loses limbs or become brain-damaged who can replace it?. The people should become intelligent instead of blindly supporting politicians.

Guru

In reply to #236

12/29/2013 8:00 AM

In reply to #237

12/29/2013 9:56 AM

Good post, thanks.

In reply to #236

12/29/2013 9:20 AM

Why are you still posting here?

Are you completely insensitive to the questions posed to you that you have completely ignored.

Until your position is explained on items of such importance, nothing you say can be taken seriously.

You best bet would be to tell us your position in a concise and clear manner what your position is with regard to caste & female equality!

I (amongst others) have now asked you about 6 different times to clear this up.

I personally see you as a chauvinistic misogynist, with possible sociopathic tendencies.

Prove to us otherwise or I will be personally requesting to CR4 that you be prevented from posting further your infantile posts.

THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE TO BE HONEST AND TO JOIN THE TWENTY FIRST CENTURY with the rest of the CR4 people here!!!!

WE ARE NOT RACIST OR RELIGIOUS NOR DO WE DISRESPECT WOMEN NOR DO WE DISCUSS POLITICS.

If these points are not acceptable to you, Admin may also agree and have you removed.

Do also remember that CR4 is basically an Engineering forum, not a political or a religious one, also we have female members that we respect.....

May I recommend that you please search out other web forums that fit your needs better than CR4.

To any members of CR4 reading this, please post or give GAs to the person who you wish to support in this blog.....a post, positive or negative, would be best of course, even an anonymous one is better than nothing.

This will help both pnaban & CR4 to decide how they want to resolve this.

In reply to #238

12/29/2013 9:34 AM

He's confused about who his enemies are, but his posts don't bother me.

No need to start hitting report buttons and calling on admin. I'm just going to unsubscribe after I post this.

In reply to #71

12/20/2013 6:57 PM

No need to call them, thanks. We all met up yesterday at the airport, had a great discussion and a cup of tea and they even installed some fixes on my laptop for me so that If I get in trouble they are 1st to know about it and they will dispatch some lads to come an save and hide me from the bad world. They track me now. I thought that sweet of them. The USA just keeps an eye on my laptop, emails and money for me now. And I don't even have to ask them to do this. Nice, thoughtful, lads actually.

HowStuffWorks "Currency Exchange Rate History"

The Dying Dollar and the Rise of a New Currency Order | Real ... GBP based!!

The American Dollar and the World Economy - Economics - About.comIMS part 2www.grips.ac.jp/teacher/oono/hp/lecture_F/lec02.htm‎

After World War II, the Bretton Woods system was established. ... a non-organizational entity, played the role of promoting free trade for four decades. ... But when the US started to inflate its economy, the international monetary system based on ... But the only internationally acceptable money at that time was the US dollar.

I like this site as it educates folks.Welcome to the real world. Just love it, don't you?

Reply Score 2 for Off Topic
Power-User

Location: OHIO, tri-State design and installation, and travel nationally and consults also are international
In reply to #74

12/23/2013 6:53 AM

so someone is reading the Bible. OK. They understand the greed , envy, striving of human nature.

In reply to #74

12/27/2013 11:39 AM

Good Answers: 3

12/19/2013 7:26 AM

hmmm....I guess this means that we should all stay home and lock ourselves in so we wont get into any trouble,,,but then again....who is say that while you are locked up in your own house that you are not secretly building some WMD's???

Guru

In reply to #44

12/19/2013 7:42 AM

Migrate to moon,mars or another planet to escape from superpowers,racists & religious mad people.

In reply to #44

12/19/2013 7:45 AM

I'm secretly illegally downloading music off of Commie websites

Guru

In reply to #44

12/20/2013 9:56 PM

J.A.C.

At least in the USA the term WMD (Weapons of Mass Destruction) has been replaced with the term CBRNE Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, Explosive

For some time before that it was called COBRA Chemical, Ordinance, Biological, Radiological.

It was changed from WMD to be more descriptive and include the various methods of destruction. Also to include lower quantities of victims.

Good Luck, Old Salt

12/19/2013 10:41 AM

If you throw a big enough net you'll catch something you were looking for simply by accident.

Maybe we should let the casino operators in Las Vegas run our national security.

12/19/2013 11:02 AM

Here's some irony. Somehow, I don't see these people as tea party types.

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2012/12/19/poli-d19.html

In reply to #56

12/19/2013 11:25 AM

You just have to wonder how 13 cops can simultaneously be in fear for their lives?

That's always the excuse for murder by cop. I was in fear for my life, so it's justified.

Or, how about the mother who was killed as she drove away from a traffic stop? Drove away!

Guru

In reply to #59

12/19/2013 12:44 PM

When you're up to 13, it's not fear, it's something much worse...

It's mob mentality, and they have badges and guns.

You remember my highway patrol buddy that died last year?

He was a good cop, but he took part in things that he wasn't proud of, (later). Which was the brutal treatment of black people in the 60's south. The orders came from the top, and the cops in the street were more than happy to comply.

We're seeing the same mentality emerge, but it's not just against blacks, it's against everybody that isn't in uniform.

We just can't allow that to happen. Whether we have guns or not, the rest of us are sitting ducks, and any attempt to fight back will just get us killed.

I've seen this attitude in the young cops that are barely old enough to shave, but have a big chip on their shoulders, that they really want someone to try to knock off.

It's a bad sign.

Most cops are trustworthy and professional; we need to keep it that way.

12/19/2013 12:00 PM

And in an even stranger context, Our good Friend and President of Russia, Putin has expressed his jealousy and envy at Obama's spy program saying only the US could get away with something like that.

American Exceptionalism is alive and well and peaking in your bedroom window, listening to your calls, and watching your web browsing.

Kinda makes feel all warm and fuzzy!

12/19/2013 3:36 PM

The Problem you are describing is something that is very near to us here in Madison. One of our past chiefs wrote a book on community policing that is considered the bible for this type of police work. It is in complete opposition to what New York and many others are doing which is the military ENFORCEMENT model.

New Yorks stop and Frisk practice is intimidation and "place keeping" (used alot in the South to keep blacks in fear and in line) Jim Crow-esque which is the exact same thing the KGB used to do in communist Russia.

Put simple in community policing the officers are not called law enforcement to start with, they are public service officers and community service officers.

It is important to note The label engenders the attitude by the way. ( a little something from my psychology background)

In this type of policing the public is not considerd the enemy like Law enforcement and the objective is to gain compliance with minimal effort and NOT confront and force.

In the LAW ENFORCEMENT model you are an enemy that needs to be subdued by any means necessary as quickly as possible. hence all the shootings, misuse of tasers and stun guns and of course physical abuse, think Rodney King and that poor Indian diplomat that New York just Raped this week.

Its all about Power and control. And considering I started as a therapist in a domestic violence center I damn sure know what that illness looks like. Addiction to power and control is rife in LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES and the people they hire are the last folks you want on the street with a gun and a power complex.

even the DOJ knows this is going the wrong way fast but has not been able to stop it.

http://wearechange.org/doj-agency-warns-coming-police-militarization/

Here is review of the Madison community Policing effort we started way back when.

http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/icpsrweb/ICPSR/studies/6480%3Bjsessionid=B70E891BD384E9B61DA67E1D8F660687

This is one of the most frightening trends in America at this time.

In reply to #63

12/19/2013 4:23 PM

You forgot to mention that it's important to recognize wolves in sheep's conservative clothing. There are plenty of hypocrites that would be more than happy to throw away old fashioned police work, dig a hole, and throw away the constitution in the name of safety control.

I don't know how this guy can look at himself and accept the conservative hero worship; nor do I understand how anybody can consider him a conservative.

I don't know what his "brand" is, but he certainly can't be troubled by the constitution.

http://www.newsmax.com/US/rudy-giuliani-stop-frisk-Blasio/2013/11/01/id/534350

This is one of the reasons I was banned from the, (so called), conservative forum.

We don't want a police state from either side of the political spectrum.

In reply to #63

12/27/2013 11:50 AM

I see a huge contrast between Madison, WI and NY, NY, don't you?

http://spotcrime.com/ny/new+york

http://spotcrime.com/wi/madison

They're not really comparable at all!

Don't you think that the methods applied would be vastly different considering the vastly different types and amount of crime?

In reply to #222

12/27/2013 11:56 AM

True.... one answer does not suit all problems

In reply to #223

12/27/2013 1:22 PM

I don't think NY's tactics would fly at all here. Seattle (my closest large city) would probably "riot" again.

Hobbies - Fishing - Old Salt Hobbies - CNC - New Member United States - US - Statue of Liberty - New Member

Good Answers: 266

12/19/2013 4:37 PM

Terrorism is a poorly defined word. The act of violence and or use of for some agenda political, religious or else. The Son of Liberty(Boston Tea Party) would have been considered terrorist by today's standard. So is being labeled a terrorist a bad thing.

I guess it depends on your perspective.

I can include all these gun control lobbyist in there with terrorist when they use the school shootings to invoke fear to get people on their side. Worst yet are the politicians that do the same. They are in a position to address the real issue. But they do nothing and let the situation perpetuate. They know that if let the shootings go on long enough. They will get fear they want to get the guns out of citizens hands. Now their the real terrorists.

12/19/2013 10:58 PM

Participants in this forum:

Please note that I am not actively expressing personal opinion or making a statement about terrorism.

Through this forum there have been numerous references and personal opinions expressed about terrorism. There is not one definition of "Terrorism", but several within the government of the United States of America. There are also numerous country and international organizations which have their own definitions of "Terrorism". Due to the length of each international definition I am not listing them here. If anyone is interested in them they can make an appropriate "Google" search.

The following are some, and most frequently cited, definitions within the government of the USA.

US Dept of Justice:

A violent act or an act dangerous to human life, in violation of the criminal laws of the United States or any segment to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives.

United States Law Code - the law that governs the entire country - contains a definition of terrorism embedded in its requirement that Annual Country reports on Terrorism be submitted by the Secretary of State to Congress every year. (From U.S. Code Title 22, Ch.38, and Para. 2656f (d)

(d) Definitions
As used in this section-
(1) the term "international terrorism" means terrorism involving citizens or the territory of more than 1 country;
(2) the term "terrorism" means premeditated, politically motivated violence perpetrated against noncombatant targets by subnational groups or clandestine agents;
(3) the term "terrorist group" means any group, or which has significant subgroups which practice, international terrorism;
(4) the terms "territory" and "territory of the country" mean the land, waters, and airspace of the country; and
(5) the terms "terrorist sanctuary" and "sanctuary" mean an area in the territory of the country-
(A) that is used by a terrorist or terrorist organization-
(i) to carry out terrorist activities, including training, fundraising, financing, and recruitment; or
(ii) as a transit point; and
(B) the government of which expressly consents to, or with knowledge, allows, tolerates, or disregards such use of its territory and is not subject to a determination under-
(i) section 2405(j)(1)(A) of the Appendix to title 50;
(ii) section 2371 (a) of this title; or
(iii) section 2780 (d) of this title.

Department of Defense:

Terrorism is the calculated use of violence or threat of violence to inculcate fear; intended to coerce or to intimidate governments or societies in the pursuit of goals that are generally political, religious or ideological.

Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)

"the unlawful use of force or violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives."

USA PATRIOT Act

"activities that (A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the U.S. or of any state, that (B) appear to be intended (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population, (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion, or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping, and (C) occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the U.S."

Merriam-Webster Dictionary/terrorism

The use of violent acts to frighten the people in an area as a way of trying to achieve a political goal.

Although these are for the National level, many states have their own laws about terrorism. Even one example is too long to present here. If you are interested in any state Google "(state) law on terrorism." That should lead you to the state law you are interested in.

I hope this helps anyone or any people about "Terrorism".

Good Luck, Old Salt

In reply to #68

12/20/2013 5:21 AM

I need to contact my local FBI field office.

In your list, I saw, "attempt to intimidate or coerce civilian populations", several times.

Not only did I witness this activity in the runup to the last election, but these same people are now in charge!!!

In reply to #70

12/20/2013 9:37 PM

kramarat-

I don't write them, I only read them and understand what they are saying.

Good Luck, Old Salt

In reply to #80

12/21/2013 5:06 AM

I hear you. Then there's the slight chance that they have us thinking that we understand, but the reality is much different.

This young lady has gone through a living hell, as is anyone else that has dared to utter a word about our actively arming the drug cartels in fast & furious.

http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/05/dhs-whistleblower-says-war-on-terror-is-a-charade-real-targets-are-american-patriots/

In reply to #91

12/21/2013 6:14 AM

Not off topic at all.

People within government that blow the whistle on wrongdoing, are now labeled as domestic terrorists.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Andy Germany (24); Anonymous Poster (1); bakerjohn (1); dj95401 (17); Fredski (3); GameJudge (2); IQ (5); J.A.C. (1); Janissaries (7); JP76 (1); kramarat (54); lyn (30); micahd02 (8); old salt (21); ozzb (1); Phil D. (2); phoenix911 (20); pnaban (20); rashavarek (8); scotchdrnkr (2); The.Tinkerer (7); Tornado (5)

Previous in Forum: The Boussinesq Approximation for Buoyancy in an Incompressible Flow   Next in Forum: 1-Pixel Colour Camera

Advertisement