Previous in Forum: The Boussinesq Approximation for Buoyancy in an Incompressible Flow   Next in Forum: 1-Pixel Colour Camera
Close
Close
Close
Page 2 of 3: « First < Prev 1 2 3 Next > Last »
Anonymous Poster #1

Are You a Terrorist (But Didn't Know It)?

12/17/2013 9:20 PM

You may not think that you are but the FBI has published a list of 25 different "threat areas" that contain "Suspicious Activities" that should be reported. Here's the list, go to the link at the bottom to find out what else you're doing that might indicate that you may be a risk (Hint-watch out when you're buying that soldering iron!):

http://publicintelligence.net/fbi-suspicious-activity-reporting-flyers/

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Guru
Hobbies - Fishing - New Member

Good Answers: 467
In reply to #93
Find in discussion

Re: Are You a Terrorist (But Didn't Know It)?

12/21/2013 6:58 AM
Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Engineering Fields - Engineering Physics - New Member Engineering Fields - Nuclear Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 75
In reply to #94

12/21/2013 9:52 PM

Wikileaks as the enemy? I worked for a Government Agency which threatened us with legal sanctions if we so much as looked at WikiLeaks. I still haven't done so, out of fear that they could, and would, do as they suggested they would.

Someone at work suggested that when the Government is afraid that the populace will be informed, it looks horrendously like a Soviet or Chinese Communist style control system.

Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Engineering Fields - Engineering Physics - New Member Engineering Fields - Nuclear Engineering - New Member

In reply to #93
Find in discussion

12/21/2013 9:49 PM

Edward Snowden, for one!

Good Answers: 17
In reply to #111

12/27/2013 12:14 PM

Snowden is a horrible example for any form of doing the right thing. He is purposefully using the information which he has stolen from the United States to run out an agenda. He is, however, an excellent example for thread... as a domestic terrorist.

He now resides in a country which is the longest-standing threat to the US and its interests.

People (who don't really understand the weight of his ongoing actions) of the world and their myopic view of his activities are only compounding the problem. The media (left and right) are pandering to the flash-mob effect ($$$) rather than looking at the historical act and its effects.

Snowden never tried to use the IG process within the government or military which he betrayed. Snowden went directly to foreign media and governments, fleeing the country, stopping off in the lands of our worst and longest standing enemies.

He is a spy, plain and simple.

He is a bad man, and he has not done a good thing.

Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Safety - ESD - New Member Hobbies - Fishing - New Member

Location: Near Frankfurt am Main, Germany. 50.390866N, 8.884827E
Good Answers: 200
In reply to #224

12/27/2013 12:55 PM

You're right!!

Good Answers: 5
In reply to #68
Find in discussion

12/20/2013 10:41 PM

The basic problem is vaque definition and interpretation by those in power not including racism by HITLER and other leaders.

United States - Member - Hobbies - Fishing - New Member Hobbies - Target Shooting - New Member Hobbies - RC Aircraft - New Member Engineering Fields - Aerospace Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 69
In reply to #82

12/20/2013 11:04 PM

You pretty much summed it up.

Safety - Hazmat - New Member Engineering Fields - Retired Engineers / Mentors - New Member Engineering Fields - Piping Design Engineering - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member Fans of Old Computers - PDP 11 - New Member

Good Answers: 202
In reply to #82

12/20/2013 11:12 PM

pnaban-

Please explain "The basic problem". I have been under the impression that terrorism is a worldwide problem, of many types, of many different groups each with own ideology, different methods and many other factors. For example, although they are both terrorism I was under the impression that Flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland, was done by a different group and purpose than that of the USS Cole; the WTC 1994 and 2001; the Pentagon; Olympic Park, Atlanta, Georgia; Unabomber; Brownsville, Texas, July 1998; Las Vegas, Nevada, Feb. 1998; Oklahoma City, 1995; The bombing attack against U.S. Marines in Beirut, The Amtrak derailment, Arizona 1995; The Ricin attack in Japan; the bombing of the London subway; and numerous attacks on embassies worldwide were all different from each other in origin.

The definitions given in #69 are all clear and mostly concise as I read them.

Interpretation is up to the government as far as I know, especially the Supreme Court.

Your clarifications please.

Good Luck, Old Salt

In reply to #84

12/20/2013 11:36 PM

The basic problem is-those in power is thinking they are authorised to spy,kill,destroy anybody whom they do not like but others should not attack- in any country one community/family/clan/dynasty/aristocrats rules the minority,the poor,the innocent,the powerless & believe they can create one race/religion/category state while others should perish,in which case where can others go,UN should give a state to all races(like Jews) in the world. At the moment only few races(even minor communities) are ruling others(even major communities).That's why I advocate UN representation/sovereignty/defence to all races based on their worldwide population & not based on borders(nations).

In reply to #85

12/22/2013 9:49 PM

Wherever human rights are violated,rejected,destroyed by law,military,police etc rebels will be born.UN & superpowers should take responsibility for aiding,abetting & having diplomatic relation with those governments.Even man-elephant conflict illustrates it,man destroys their habitat so elephants attack humans ,destroy their homes,crops animals etc. Same thing happens to humans the rulers want to dilute,destroy,chase away minorities from jobs,homes even country mainly on basis of race,language,religion etc even water is refused. they think minorities should not ask for human rights but live as slaves. Part of Kashmir in under India & other part under Pakistan why can't UN declare Kashmir as an independent state. Why international community is deaf,dumb & blind thinking if they support few rich superpowers they can kill minorities & UN cannot take action.

In reply to #135

12/22/2013 9:55 PM

Uncivilised communities when they get independence from civilised communities start attacking them accusing as invaders,foreigners,robbers although they learnt almost everything from the former rulers,even many fruits,words in their language,names of persons,music,dance,dress,varieties of food including religion.What a pity.

Safety - Hazmat - New Member Engineering Fields - Retired Engineers / Mentors - New Member Engineering Fields - Piping Design Engineering - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member Fans of Old Computers - PDP 11 - New Member

In reply to #136

12/22/2013 10:22 PM

If things are so bad, as you have indicated, why don't you find someplace that you can rule and make things perfect? There are many islands in the oceans of several acres or more sizes which you could pick one and rule.

If things are so bad in the USA why is it the most wanted place to immigrate to?

The UN does not have the powers you are indicating they have. It was formed in 1945 for the purpose of bringing peace and order among the nations. It is also composed of most, if not all, countries on the earth. The representatives to the UN don't carry guns when they arrive at the General Assembly so that power is not available.

If things are so bad, why do you have the freedom to participate in this forum?

Good Luck, Old Salt

In reply to #137

12/22/2013 11:00 PM

As I have already mentioned UN doesn't represent mankind(races)but nations, where many races not represented, some races have more than one seat,small islands(even one million population) are represented but major communities/races(say 80 million) not represented. It damages respect to nature & accepts influential nations and their political prostitutes.

In reply to #138

12/22/2013 11:14 PM

Perhaps this commentary will clear up your reference to Nation:

Nation may refer to a large group of people who share a common language, culture, ethnicity, descent, or history. Nation can refer to "a people, race, or tribe; those having the same descent, language, and history." Webster's New Encyclopedic Dictionary defines nation as "a community of people composed of one or more nationalities with its own territory and government" and also as "a tribe or federation of tribes (as of American Indians)". Nation carries varying meanings, and the connotation of the term has changed over time.

An ethnic community, or ethnie, shares a common myth of origins and descent, a common history, elements of distinctive culture, a common territorial association, and sense of group solidarity. A nation is much more impersonal, abstract, and overtly political than an ethnic group. It is a cultural-political community that has become conscious of its coherence, unity, and particular interests.[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation

Nations are people.

Good Luck, Old Salt

In reply to #139

12/22/2013 11:25 PM

The definition says "nation" of people with "common language culture religion etc",how can nations with different races,languages,alphabets,religions, culture,music,dance, dress, food live in peace,why from India pakistan & from Pakistan Bangaladesh were created,why from Yugoslavakia & Czech, Bosnia,Serbia,etc were created,why Kosovo was born? The british rulers have made horrible blunder in commonwealth by forcing some races to be ruled by others,it is like Volcano,UN must give "sovereignty of races",not nations.

United States - Member - Hobbies - Fishing - New Member Hobbies - Target Shooting - New Member Hobbies - RC Aircraft - New Member Engineering Fields - Aerospace Engineering - New Member

In reply to #138

12/22/2013 11:38 PM

I do know of an Island that you could rule over and it's about the size of the (US) State of Texas. It definitely needs somebody with insight on how things should be controlled. Hell, it's so large and if you were in control of it, you too, maybe able to join the UN? It's located in the central North Pacific Ocean, coordinates between 135°W to 155°W and 35°N and 42°N

In fact, you would be the perfect ruler for it, for all the trash you talk

In reply to #141

12/23/2013 2:39 AM

Talking about human rights is not rubbish/trash,you can't enforce slavery for ever, volcano should erupt one day.

Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Safety - ESD - New Member Hobbies - Fishing - New Member

In reply to #142

12/23/2013 5:44 AM

Read my previous post about caste and female equality on Sri Lanka before posting such comments!!

I am sure that you expect those things to stay as they are? WRONG!!

"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future." -- John F. Kennedy

Hobbies - CNC - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member Engineering Fields - Electromechanical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 410
In reply to #142

12/23/2013 7:57 AM

And that Volcano has to come from within......... not off shore.

In reply to #138

12/23/2013 5:40 AM

Your research is appallingly bad and simply wrong in many cases.

It appears that the word "race" is used by you far too often, which may mean you are also racist. If true, unforgivable......

For example:-

Countries where women are treated as second class citizens are simply not in a position to qualify for anything, including the 21st Century. See here, a first hand experience that women are second class only in Sri Lanka:-

http://womenthrive.org/blog/womens-equality-sri-lanka

Furthermore, countries where the people are segregated into classes are also appalling in modern times. I found a reasonable document on the Sri Lanka caste system here:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sri_Lankan_caste_system

Before you moan about how badly you are being treated, your country needs to start to treat women fully equally and to do away with the class/caste system. If, as I suspect, this is next to impossible, then I do not see any possibility that the problems you carry on about will ever be fixed!!!!

Think about what I have written before even considering posting an answer......your country is still in the dark ages, and will stay there with such things as caste and equality unless fully modernised.

It could still take hundreds of years, if ever......live with the problems, be part of the fix, your choice, not ours.

Now stop moaning and do something productive with your life!!!

In reply to #143

12/23/2013 5:49 AM

GA Andy.

As is typically the case; when people immediately come out of the gate wanting to blame everyone else for their problems, they are part of the problem.

When people gripe about western imperialism, they are forgetting that that is the way the world worked, for thousands of years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_conquests

In reply to #145

12/23/2013 10:19 AM

Just a few words, but really right and correct, many thanks for your friendly comment....

Good Answers: 80
In reply to #136

12/23/2013 4:28 PM

Pna,

I am sorry you live in such a sh***y country. Take the advice I give to all the Illegal Mexicans....

FIX YOUR OWN COUNTRY AND QUIT TRASHING MINE!

When Sri Lanka boots out the Taliban and ceases to be a regional leader in inhuman treatment of women and the poor you might actually have decent nation but as long as you uphold these inhuman monsters as "freedom fighters" Now there's a real joke to us Americans who actually have fought for freedom. My Father fought in Europe in WW2 and both my Uncles In the Pacific. Its not anyone's fault but your own that you lost control of your country. Go get a gun and clean up your own country, If you ask nicely we, THE USA, will send in the drones and help you clean house!

Hobbies - CNC - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member Engineering Fields - Electromechanical Engineering - New Member

In reply to #135

12/23/2013 7:56 AM

Wherever human rights are violated,rejected,destroyed by law,military,police etc rebels will be born.UN & superpowers should take responsibility for aiding,abetting & having diplomatic relation with those governments.

There comes a time when the subjects of this tyranny has to do it for themselves....

12/19/2013 11:06 PM

Here's something I just ran across regarding the USGS and Repurposed drones.

"USGS gets its drones from the Department of Defense. When a model is no longer up-to-date for military purposes, it can be retrofitted with cameras and sensors for use in monitoring the landscape." And what or who is included in their monitoring/ research? Is this one of those Wolves in Sheep conservative Camo? And in the name of research, it makes it ok to over fly the American Public. Amazon is already catching flack over their idea of flying drones, concerns for birds being injured and privacy along with other factors, and they haven't even finished their proof of concept.

"The federal government has a responsibility for the Endangered Species Act"

I think it's time to put "Free Americans" on the Endangered Species List!

12/20/2013 7:49 PM

Human nature will never change.

It's remained the same since the beginning.

There will always be greed, lust, self righteousness, war, murder....

I think that it's the attempts to artificially deny or alter human nature, rather than just dealing with it, (as the US constitution does did), that gets us into trouble.

I think I've mentioned that I did a long report on the Nazi concentration camps, back in high school.

The scariest part of it all, (to me), was the ability of ordinary citizens to go to work in the camps, do unthinkable things to other human beings all day long, and be able to justify and rationalize it in their minds as okay...just another day on the assembly line. Just making a living.

Aside from the fact that they may have been running the gas chambers, extracting the gold fillings from the teeth of the dead, running the ovens, or burying the remains in pits...these people went home, ate dinner with their families, tucked their kids into bed after a story...maybe even went to church on Sundays.

Regardless of what some rag tag groups of terrorists do...we have GOT to keep our governments in check. And that means everybody, all over the world.

Terrorists can get small groups of people to do horrible things...governments can convince entire populations that evil is good. It's up to all of us to not let that happen again.

In reply to #78

12/21/2013 7:27 AM

I was recently sent a tip about a UK TV program (that may come to the US, do look out for it!) that you can watch/download from YouTube explaining that under normal circumstances, 1% of the human race are Psychopaths.....they get "concentrated" into certain types of jobs, the Nazis were one I suspect....

I have only looked at a little of it up to now, no time, but it is fascinating.....

Search on YouTube using "Psychopath night" parts 1 to 6. It explains a lot!! About some CR4 members too......

Let me know if you cannot find it and I will find it again and post a link!!!

I haven't watched all of it yet myself.....

In reply to #95

12/21/2013 8:42 AM

I just read something about a doctor that was researching psychopaths, and discovered that he was one. A classic psychopath, right down the line.

Surely there were psychopaths in the Nazi leadership, but what was it that convinced regular citizens to go along with it?

Can psychopaths be made?

We're seeing some very unsettling developments in the US, with much of the population being swayed into agreement, through various propaganda campaigns.

1) Business owners and wealthy people are evil.

2) People that believe the government should adhere to the constitution, are racists.

3) Capitalism is inherently evil, and should be reined in with government price controls.

4) Earning a good living wage is a "right", and should be available to anyone willing to work, regardless of skill, knowledge, or the job performed.

These are the same talking points that Castro used, before he ran off all of the wealthy business owners, and thrust his country into economic ruin that still exists today.

I don't know of any terrorists that describe themselves as terrorists...they typically present themselves as saviors, that are only interested in the common good.

In reply to #97

12/21/2013 9:56 AM

I will try and accurately answer your comments using that TVprogram as my source as I don't know any better myself. In BOLD:-

Can psychopaths be made?

The Psychologists talk of the three legged stool of Psychopathy, one of those legs is environment and experience, so yes, they can be made assuming the other two legs are also valid for Psychopathy.

A Psychopath that does not kill and maim people is usually called a Sociopath.

The 5 top jobs for such people (from memory) are #5 = Doctors (medical). #4 = Sales people. #3 = I have forgotten. #2 = Lawyers (very obvious to my mind). and the #1 job for Psychopaths is = Investment Bankers!!!! That did surprise me, but the explanation was very good and interesting for me....

We're seeing some very unsettling developments in the US, with much of the population being swayed into agreement, through various propaganda campaigns.

No comment.

1) Business owners and wealthy people are evil.

Not all, but certainly a high proportion are probably Psychopaths......

2) People that believe the government should adhere to the constitution, are racists.

No comment

3) Capitalism is inherently evil, and should be reined in with government price controls.

I personally see that as wrong.

4) Earning a good living wage is a "right", and should be available to anyone willing to work, regardless of skill, knowledge, or the job performed.

I personally see that as wrong. It cannot be "paid" for financially either....The DDR did that to a degree and look where it got them, a disaster. If you are intelligent and work hard, why should you not get a higher pay rate. Its only the stupid and lazy who benefit from the other methods....the clever ones then just do the minimum....

These are the same talking points that Castro used, before he ran off all of the wealthy business owners, and thrust his country into economic ruin that still exists today.

Well put and true.

I don't know of any terrorists that describe themselves as terrorists...they typically present themselves as saviors, that are only interested in the common good.

Of course!! But they are also mainly Psychopaths according to that program, caused by their environment....

12/20/2013 11:57 PM

This thread has taken some weird turns, some of which are turning into personal attacks, which in itself is a form of terrorism.

I will ask this question of this World Wide Forum, Can someone name me, one country that is not represented within the US population? Just one country.

Because the United States is made up of the world population, the government can't differentiate between the good citizens and the radicals that want to "bomb and kill the Americans." And this is the reason why the Japanese population was placed into interment camps in WWII. But today, that is not 'politically correct' nor humane. So what's the government do, they label everybody and everything "Terrorist"

It's time we close our borders and start profiling and deporting the ancestries of countries that dislikes or hates us. And start bring all the jobs back that have been farmed out off shore. And drop the compassion and aid to outside countries. Then we won't need a militarized cop on every corner.

I know I'm tried of the ridicule and I'm fed up with the government shoving shit down our throats because other countries feelings.

In reply to #86

12/21/2013 12:59 AM

Representing countries or nations is the biggest blunder ever made which has created wars,massacres,racism,hatred etc. If all races(languages) are represented there won't be any problem. In europe although all are christians & use english alphabet they are divided into different nations based on language while Britishes made India "one country"although there are 18 major approved languages,even alphabets,why? one state builds dam & preventing water flowing to other state,while water from many rivers flowing freely into the sea in north india.Can UN do any thing,they will say "it is internal affair",funny UN.

In reply to #88

12/21/2013 8:38 AM

pnaban-

You indicate you are located in Sri Lanka. Would you want to stay there if you were offered the appropriate credentials to come and live in the USA? Would you want the government of Sri Lanka to tell you that you can't go there but could go to Iran, Iraq or Somalia? Personally, and that is only my opinion, I doubt it.

Since the USA gives Sri Lanka $14.7 million dollars per year is Sri Lanka justified in denouncing the USA?

As Sri Lanka moves towards a development era, the US Agency for International Development (USAID), Colombo, the development office of the U.S. Embassy, has increased its annual budget to US$ 14.7 million from US$ 9.7 million http://www.sundaytimes.lk/111211/BusinessTimes/bt13.html

In addition the USA is the greatest importer of goods from Sri Lanka: Bilateral Economic Relations For 2012, Sri Lanka's exports (mainly apparel, tea, rubber, gems, and jewelry) were estimated at $9.8 billion, and imports (mainly oil, textiles, food, and machinery) were estimated at $19.1 billion. Exports to the United States, Sri Lanka's most important single-country market, were estimated at $2.2 billion for 2012, or 22% of total exports. The United States is Sri Lanka's biggest single-country market for garments, taking 40% of total garment exports. United States exports to Sri Lanka were estimated at $224 million for 2012, consisting primarily of industrial machinery, medical instruments, aircraft parts, lentils, paper, specialized fabrics and textiles for use in the garment industry, fruits, and pharmaceuticals. http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/5249.htm

Wasn't it the United States who finally brought piece to your country after decades of conflict? Sri Lanka does not want US troops to leave there: Sri Lanka's President Mahinda Rajapaksa rejected calls from the United States to close army bases in a former war zone as he celebrated the third anniversary on Saturday of the military's victory over the Tamil Tiger rebels. http://in.reuters.com/article/2012/05/19/srilanka-rajapaksa-army-idINDEE84I05F20120519

Yes, obviously I am a citizen of the United States. As such I think a little respect should be given to the country that is making your life bearable and provides aid so that you can stay alive. Would you rather wait until the countries of the United Nations approves that aid. I doubt it. Would you like to go back to the conditions of Ceylon? I also doubt that.

Not all countries are like you have classified them. How do the other 20.33 citizens of Sri Lanka feel? To bunch all countries together and damn their actions, as a whole, is not correct and not a valid statement.

How many Sri Lankan's would rather be in the USA with its deplorable conditions as you have grouped us with all others? "Would the last one out please turn off the lights?"

Good Luck, Old Salt

In reply to #96

12/21/2013 10:01 AM

Your figures may be correct but what percentage of national income reach people,mostly it goes to influential,rich people with good connections,others get very little,especially after 1977 election when US backed dictator came to power who created war(like americans do)to destroy influential minority & distribute wealth to major & other minor communities. He was not bothered about human rights but arithmetic(races in terms of % of population) & said the majority wanted that way. In the country still no social security & UN judges a leader or government by promises & by sovereignty but not by performance thus disabling opposition/minorities. Unemployment & safety of minorities are not guaranteed. People divided by religion,language,region,climate,water resources, safety,industries etc. Cost of living going up but monthly pensioners get some increase while who got provident fund(once only) gets no extra. Funny things happen in university admission to engineering faculty-unless candidate get high score in chemistry ,no admission while a professor with Ph.d has written that he went abroad & did higher studies without chemistry & became vice chancellor of university as well as advisor to government. Unless UN controls racism & ensure equal representation in UN with fair distribution of wealth among races there will be endless problem in the world & we may have to go to another planet where americans,britishers,indians cannot go.

In reply to #99

12/21/2013 10:38 AM

Don't worry about it pnaban.

It's been several decades now, that all a single woman has to do, (in the US), is procreate, and she becomes entitled to free food, healthcare, and housing. The more children, the more free stuff.

The offspring of these women, have disrupted our educational system, disrupted our healthcare system, joined gangs, commited crimes, and filled our prisons to overflowing. We call this empathy and fairness.

It won't be much longer, and the US won't be posing any serious threat to anyone but ourselves.

Good Answers: 1662
In reply to #100

12/21/2013 11:32 AM

Even you can't possibly believe that ALL of, "The offspring of these women, have disrupted our educational system, disrupted our healthcare system, joined gangs, commited crimes, and filled our prisons to overflowing."

Not everyone born to a single woman turns into a gang member or murdered.

I can't argue with the gist of what you say, but you have to admit that there are exceptions.

Guru

In reply to #102

12/21/2013 12:24 PM

Absolutely. I want to see the exceptions become the norm, and see these people develop a hunger for knowledge, and a drive to excel at anything they attempt.

The status quo isn't getting that done.

...instead, we have young people that strive to be gangstas, are playing the knockout game for fun, (have you heard of that one?), have no respect for themselves, others, or other people's property, and generally just create mayhem wherever they are.

The same central planners that gave us this mess, are now in the process of convincing these people that the reason they don't have much, is because the people that went out and worked their butts off, stole it from them...and yeah, not only does it win elections, but it creates waves of anger and hatred, and a desire to "get back" at the bad guys...the earners.

We may not call them terrorists, but the single greatest threat to this country, emanates from the hive of criminal dishonesty that operates in Washington DC.

...and I'm not blaming a single party or person; it's been a collective effort.

In reply to #104

12/21/2013 1:04 PM

I don't think anybody in either party is particularly interested in raising the unwashed masses out of their sad lifestyle.

As you pointed out, it's ingrained into the American psyche.

One of my very conservative friends posted a piece on Facebook about some ho in Dallas being interviewed on radio. She made no secret of the fact that she sat at home and smoked pot all day while living the good life on the dole. "Why work", when I get money from the government for having kids.

Problem is, how do we change the pattern without more social programs, education and tough policies on welfare. We need to put an end to sitting on your butt and getting paid for it. There should be some incentive to provide something useful in exchange for the money, like we get for working a real job.

Let's take unemployment. I was laid off 20 or so years ago when the company was closed. My employer got all of us enrolled in the state unemployment program.

The weekly payment wasn't much, but the requirements to get it were a joke.

Guru

In reply to #105

12/21/2013 4:35 PM

This was working.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welfare-to-work

Eliminating it, was one of the first things our current president did.

Do you know why he was in such a hurry to nix it?

In reply to #99

12/21/2013 11:20 AM

pnaban-

I am not intimately familiar with all the conditions in your country, just as you and the United States, so all I can do is comment on what you say and what I know. This is mostly what I read and hear from others. Therefore I can neither fully accept nor refute what you are stating. If it is bad as you apparently feel it is, why don't you leave? Yes, if there are family, occupational or other things that overshadow your desire to leave then things aren't so bad that you have to leave.

The UN is composed of representatives of nations and several of the largest one, also the most influential, have additional responsibilities. The UN does not run the world as I interpret your post to indicate.

The United States does not create all the wars that they have been involved with. World Wars 1 & 2, perhaps the largest wars they have been involved with were not started by the USA. The Korean War involvement was prompted by the South Korea need to prevent North Korea from overrunning them. The Cuban missile crisis was started by Fidel Castro and Nikita Khrushchev. The war in Iraq was started by Saddam Hussein's refusal to permit UN observers to do what the UN stated was necessary. This list could go on and on. It is not correct in saying the American influence started many of the wars as you apparently stated. Yes, the USA is a strong power but we started by fighting a war that was costly to our people's lives. This was to obtain freedom from an oppressive ruler.

One final question, if the USA is so bad why is it the country that the most people would like to emigrate to?

Good Luck, Old Salt

In reply to #99

12/21/2013 11:56 AM

Dear pnaban, you have been listening to the wrong people and reading the wrong newspapers, it may be difficult to find the right ones where you live of course.....

Do not forget that when India (Ceylon was also there) got its independence plus partitioning from Great Britain (in 1947 I believe), how the various religions fought each other, raped the women (still doing that I see!), killed the men of the opposite religion, blocked them from going to the country of their choice etc etc etc.......

India + Pakistan east & west and Ceylon is still a dangerous place, and will remain so until religion is less important than living and working together.....both sides have rockets and bombs and regularly threaten each other......they still fight over unimportant peices of land.

Get your act in order, stop fighting amongs yourselves and put religion in its proper place and not use it as a reason to kill each other.

The people in northern Ireland are mainly Protestant and we still have gangs of catholics coming there and trying to kill them, and melting back to S.Ireland when the going gets rough. Not dissimilar to where you are I feel.

I believe its true to say that religion has killed more people than anything else over the last 20,000 years.

So stop blaming outside influences of GB and USA and others and fix it yourselves.....one way or another.

It is always easy to blame history and other people, but it does not help in the slightest!!!

In reply to #99

12/22/2013 12:23 AM

Under capitalistic political system jobs are done by contractors who gets nearly 50%, give kickbacks to VIPs & rest goes to workers,supervisors & engineers etc. Contractors are extra rich possessing many bungalows cars etc but not sure whether terminal benefits are paid to employees on casual hire & fire basis.. Under socialist set up state employed engineers,supervisors & workers to do its work and paid them wages & terminal benefits. Those who were entitled for pension get it even after 80 years of age,when they die wife gets pension & some gets even medical benefits after retirement. Those who got provident fund gets nothing more & after spending it it they search for part/full time jobs.

In reply to #114

12/22/2013 8:07 AM

What you are talking about, is crony capitalism and corporatism. They are completely different animals than true, "free market" capitalism.

You can look to the former Soviet Union to see how well this works out.

They went straight from state owned everything, to an Oligarchy, in which all wealth is in the hands of a few. The little guy never stood a chance of building anything for himself.

Unfortunately, with the corruption in Washington, and the movement of people between the political and private sector corporations, the US is also moving into an Oligarchy.

I really wish our citizenry would wake up. The same people that are working on locking out any of the "little people", from having the opportunity to move up the ladder, through their own hard work, are also getting on television and talking about raising the minimum wage...and the people cheer.

If only the people realized, that once government imposed wage and price controls are in place, everyone but the government officials and their corporate pals, will be locked in place, with any chance of upward mobility, pretty much gone.

As far as your hatred for the US goes...Micah's right; keep it to the government. None of us has anything to do with any of the decisions they make, and any news we get about our activities around the world, is spun into tales of nothing but good deeds.

I've spent some time looking at English versions of foreign news from around the world, and not only are the stories we know about, different...but there are lots of stories that are never reported by the US media.

I tend to agree that the US has it's hands in too many places, and unless a country is involved in sponsoring international terrorism, or poses an immediate threat to any of our allies, we should mind our own business.

I recently read about how we are spraying defoliants all over some South American countries, in our ongoing war on drugs. Not only are we killing the coca plants, but we are killing everything that grows, and entire villages are getting sick.

Only a fool would believe that we are not breeding new terrorists with these practices. It has to stop.

We are dealing with people that know fully, how to exploit the concept of, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

In reply to #99

12/22/2013 9:55 AM

You should move to Cuba. Soon you'll be able to purchase a car there that is newer than a 1959 model.

Guru

In reply to #117

12/22/2013 10:16 AM

This came from the "official" Sri Lanka government news site.

http://www.news.lk/features/political/7675-british-atrocities-in-sri-lanka-exposed

In reply to #119

12/22/2013 10:31 AM

Looks like England played soldiers and Sinhalese there, like we played cowboys and Indians here.

Guru

In reply to #121

12/22/2013 11:27 AM

Who knows?

I don't trust unsourced opinion pieces that are presented as news.

In reply to #121

12/22/2013 2:10 PM

From "The Official Government News Portal of Sri Lanka"? No slant there. At least our journalists don't claim to be "the official government news" regardless of how they slant the news.

And we're to believe this diatribe? Thanks. Pnaban can (and apparently does) but I suspect a little critical reading and research is in order.

It might be true, but I'd believe it more readily after finding some independent confirmation.

In reply to #133

12/22/2013 3:21 PM

I would suspect anything called "news" that is filtered through a government website.

That's exactly what I want to prevent from happening here. Contrary to popular belief, I do not hate government, and am not anti-government.

If that's the "news" that pnanban reads every day, it's no wonder that he's pissed.

In reply to #117

12/22/2013 2:04 PM

I read that. Will they get any Corvairs? I'd like to go get one of those.

In reply to #88

12/21/2013 11:55 PM

I guess your not able to name one country huh? That's because every country is represented within US population. There is over 17 languages spoken in California alone. 9-11 is the "Thanks" we received for supporting Afghanistan during the Soviet occupation. You speak frequently of racism, but it seems your the one who is prejudice or is that just a mean streak of jealously?

12/20/2013 11:58 PM

This thread has taken some weird turns, some of which are turning into personal attacks, which in itself is a form of terrorism.

I will ask this question of this World Wide Forum, Can someone name me, one country that is not represented within the US population? Just one country.

Because the United States is made up of the world population, the government can't differentiate between the good citizens and the radicals that want to "bomb and kill the Americans." And this is the reason why the Japanese population was placed into interment camps in WWII. But today, that is 'politically incorrect' nor humane. So what's the government do, they label everybody and everything "Terrorist"

It's time we close our borders and start profiling and deporting the ancestries of countries that dislikes or hates us. And start bring all the jobs back that have been farmed out off shore. And drop the compassion and aid to outside countries. Then we won't need a militarized cop on every corner.

I know I'm tried of the ridicule and I'm fed up with the government shoving shit down our throats because other countries feelings.

In reply to #87

12/21/2013 1:47 AM

Sorry I didn't duplicate post #87.

In reply to #89

12/21/2013 2:29 AM

Some communities (british,arabs,chinese etc) have several members in UN while most others don't have.

12/21/2013 8:05 PM

After reaching over 100 answers here is another affiliated question:

"Are you an anti-terrorist (but didn't know it)?"

Part of engineering is to identify the problem, part to devise something(s) to the correct the problem and then follow the plan through to finish. This could be anywhere from designing a kayak or an aircraft carrier, designing a diode or a complete computer on a chip, and many other things from small to gigantic. All of them have a commonality; they identify a problem and have efforts put in to reach the goal.

Now that numerous problems have been identified in many areas from the local level, the national level, the international level and the world level you have ideas to what is wrong (identifying the problem). Some have been extremely good to the farcical. Next is what is being done about them. Many of you devised actions to correct them but----à

What are you personally doing to make these things you have identified better or eradicated?

I'll start off-I am an advisor to a group of kids who made a full size electric car. Most of the parts were given by a junk yard after they shamed the owner into giving these things. This gets them off the streets and makes them use their hand and brains instead of switch blades and guns.

I'm also on the advisory board and an educator for a program call "Fire Watch". This is program to educate and counsel youths who are at risk for arson. They range in age from 5 to 17 years old. It attempts to keep them from burning everything and killing people as a result of it. Hopefully, that's one less arsonist.

No need to list all you do, since many are probably very involved, just an item or two.

Good Luck, Old Salt

In reply to #107

12/21/2013 8:20 PM

Good for you!

There are children who need help on just about every street in this country. Not just the slums.

Government programs seem designed to keep kids in the ghetto, since the fathers are non-existent and the mothers are useless drug addicts.

We've just heard from my wife's oldest grandson's father for the first time in 6 years. Her youngest grandson's father is a lifer. The mom's been in jail for 4 years.

It sucks that there are so many kids out there that have just been abandoned by their useless parents. Millions, I'd say.

I salute you for caring.

Reply Score 1 for Good Answer
Guru

In reply to #108

12/21/2013 9:07 PM

lyn-

Thank you. Yes, some government programs are misguided and worthless. Some are great for now but not for later (Soc. Security). Others seem ill designed. But as bad as they may seem to us they are still better than most of the world. There are some programs that work. I have no answer that fits all problems but it seems, at least to me, that those that work the best at the local level are the ones that people get involved with. Maybe just something as simple as serving Thanksgiving dinner to those less fortunate than us. Only takes a few hours of your time but shows them that you care and possibly can see that you are an example for them to help themselves on a one-to-one basis. May not work but worth a try.

I don't try to do spectacular things, just small things. Philosophically, I can do it and I hope I leave this earth a little better than when I arrived.

Hope some people close to you wake up and get their act together. What they probably don't realize is that its contagious to the younger ones.

Good Luck, Old Salt

12/22/2013 10:13 AM

2 of my posts are missing

In reply to #118

12/22/2013 10:17 AM

That's not all that's missing.

Guru

12/22/2013 10:35 AM

The ultra capitalist society ceartes rebels whom governments call "terrorists". The have created 'contractors" who swallow peoples' money for work done by workers on hire & fire basis without terminal benefits,social security,informing labour office etc. Removing good comments from members contribution is a "crime"

In reply to #122

12/22/2013 10:43 AM

There, there. Have a spot of tea and some biscuits. Try to relax.

Guru

In reply to #122

12/22/2013 11:16 AM

Pnaban-

Grrrrrrrr!, for sure you had two bowls of Wheaties this morning! Try Rice Krispy's tomorrow. The sound of the snap, crackle and pop works better than anything, including Valium, to calm you down. No Tony the Tiger's Frosted Flakes though. Too much sugar will give you a "sugar high".

Good Luck, Old Salt

In reply to #122

12/22/2013 12:26 PM

Only admin can do that, so I guess the posts broke the CR4 rules and were therefore removed.

Usually admin places a reason for the removal. If there was none given, then I guess you did not post correctly and they got lost!

Assuming that admin removed them, you can react basically in one of two ways, follow the rules in the future or find another forum where your posts are allowed.....

Anyone know of any further possibilities?

In reply to #126

12/22/2013 12:58 PM

Yeah.

The other possibility is that pnaban is imagining things. I just went through the pages, and I think all of his posts are intact...otherwise, it would screw up the entire numbering system if they just deleted them.

I don't recall him saying anything that isn't still posted. Besides, admin has stopped the stealth moderation that they used to practice.

In reply to #126

12/22/2013 1:11 PM

Andy Germany-

From my observations, I would say that it is most often the operator screwing up or the operator screwing up the computer. I do it sometimes but just go ahead and put it in again.

One way to reduce the bother of this is to write it in Microsoft Word, spell check (Word has a better spell checker) it there and then drag it into the answer box. That way you don't have to rewrite all the content. To save it in Word simply mouse the reverse arrow, ccw arrow, and it all comes back in Word and is still in the answer box. That enables saving it to the hard disk if you should ever need to re-enter an answer at a later time. Also if much of the content for a new answer is similar to a previous one you can cut and paste.

This answer was done that way.

Good Luck, Old Salt

In reply to #128

12/22/2013 1:16 PM

Oh. Is that what he's talking about?

The ole "Could not process form" message?

pnaban- Welcome to the club. Don't let paranoia get the best of you; we've all experienced this. It's a glitch.

In reply to #129

12/22/2013 1:44 PM

Yes, but I have found (I'll be honest) done a few that I'm not going to mention on a public forum.

Could be embarrassing if others found out about them. They are something's I don't share!

Good Luck, Old Salt

Good Answers: 80

12/23/2013 9:43 AM

GET READY TO BE SICK TO YOUR COLLECTIVE STOMACHs.

I thnk Snowden should get a Nobel or man of the year or something for exposing all of this.

This is just sick!

http://gizmodo.com/i-smell-lawsuit-companies-including-my-former-company-1487497934/@spaced99

In reply to #149

12/23/2013 9:50 AM

The Nobel Prize lost a lot of its luster, from its previous winners in peace.......... but Snowden definitely shook up this country's ........ "intelligence?"

In reply to #149

12/23/2013 9:55 AM

Your tax dollars at work, keeping you secure.

Guru

In reply to #149

12/23/2013 10:45 AM

Wow!!!

I'm still not sure what I think of Snowden, but there is no question that the US government has not only usurped the constitution, but has betrayed the trust of our allies around the globe.

What a damned mess.

I don't know what to think anymore. There is legitimate intelligence gathering that is justified, in the effort to find real terrorist threats, and I'm going to be pissed if Snowden releases anything that gets Americans killed, or comprimises our ability to get the bad guys.

On the other hand, these leaks have proven that our government simply can't be trusted with these tools, and will abuse them if given the chance.

The biggest, (and probably scariest), question is: Why are they collecting and saving billions of communications and pieces of information on people that have absolutely nothing to do with terrorism?

In reply to #157

12/23/2013 10:56 AM

I think any good government keeps a wary eye on the opposition and would be castigated if they didn't (especially after 9/11 for example).....All governments do it. The Bits, the Russians, the Israelis etc etc etc etc.....

Wait till the Muslim world starts to get its act in order!! Then the people complaining today will REALLY have something to complain about!!

But secrets need to remain secrets and people like Snowden should NEVER have been employed either.....that is where the US demonstrated too much trust in certain people.....its not unfair to spy, its just stupid being caught out!!!

In reply to #157

12/23/2013 11:11 AM

I think any good government keeps a wary eye on the opposition and would be castigated if they didn't (especially after 9/11 for example).....All governments do it. The Brits, the Russians, the Israelis etc etc etc etc.....

Wait till the Muslim world starts to get its act in order!! Then the people complaining today will REALLY have something to complain about!!

But secrets need to remain secrets and people like Snowden should NEVER have been employed either.....that is where the US demonstrated too much trust in certain people.....its not unfair to spy, its just stupid being caught out!!!

I do feel that eventually that certain governments will start throwing out dissidents of foreign governments before long, as it may be the only way to stop breeding terrorists in your own land.

The IRA in Northern Ireland are only a tiny, tiny minority of the Irish. If the UK sent all people with an Eire passport back home, that would promote a rapid "sorting out" of any IRA people as it would guarantee Ireland a major financial problem (another one!).

Fair it is not, but ask the families over Great Britain who lost loved ones to the IRA what fair is!!!!

Ask the families and friends of 9/11 victims the same.

We should also never forget that if 9/11 had been properly planned, there could have been around 10,000 people or more killed, instead of the relatively few(!) that were actually killed.

Fly the planes in later in the day, say 10:30AM and hit the lowest possible stories in the building would have boosted casualties dramatically. Few today realise JUST how lucky the US REALLY was!!!

The Taliban will have learnt from this as well........

In reply to #161

12/23/2013 11:25 AM

When I worked in the shipyards back in the 90's, we had some Naval Architects and marine Engineers from the UK working for us to develop some Special Operations Crafts for the seals.

In one of the meetings, these engineers said that there will come a day that your country is going to pay it's dues.

When question, they gave a 'at that time an eerie scenario' of our security. When they left Heathrow airport, you saw military styled police walking around with sub machine gun.

And when they arrived in New York, they fault very vulnerable. And as they spoke, they said that security in this country was virtually nonexistent, not only was it difficult to found anyone in security, with it was airport security or law enforcement, but to find any one of it's security personnel that actually carried a gun.

So for 9/11, I have to say we were warned, but we were too arrogant to listen.

In reply to #162

12/23/2013 12:32 PM

Yes and no.

If the US had upped security earlier on, enough to catch the 9/11 pilots, every Gran Ma and Pa would have been up in arms.....

You cannot please all of the people all of the time....

In reply to #165

12/23/2013 12:42 PM

True, It's comes down to ROI....... you have to draw the line.

I was surprised and ashamed when this informal discussion took please in our meetings.

The other engineers blatantly responded to these Brits, that they didn't know what the hell they were talking about...... and that, that would never happen on our soil.

And what these Brits said, actually made sense to me. Yet, I, myself refused to admit it more openly.

Because I don't like to be called Grampa,........... or even Gramma for that matter.

In reply to #165

12/23/2013 1:10 PM

The US had enough information on the terrorists to have at least been suspicious.

FBI Was Warned About Flight Schools - CBS News

"FBI officials said a supervisory agent in Arizona wrote a several-page memo to FBI headquarters in July 2001 laying out information his counterterrorism team had developed in an unrelated investigation. A portion of the memo dealt with an Arizona flight school, officials said.

The memo indicated agents were suspicious about why several nonresident Arab men were seeking training at a commercial aeronautical school in Prescott, Ariz.

Collingwood said the men "were enrolled in various aspects of civil aviation engineering, airport operations and pilot training." The agents were particularly concerned that some were attempting to learn about airport security operations, officials said."

In no way do I believe that there was an internal conspiracy to fly planes into the WTC, as some IDIOTS have suggested. These theories were put forth by conservative political fascists from Arizona and Utah.

Guru

In reply to #170

12/23/2013 1:29 PM

I don't believe the conspiracy theories either, but I do believe that there was major incompetence, followed by a major CYA coverup of that incompetence.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2013/06/fbi-lied-to-congress-about-fla-saudi-familys-ties-to-911-hijackers/

In reply to #171

12/23/2013 1:40 PM

The school that trained these terrorist even reported them...

They became suspicion because one of the terrorist only wanted to know how to fly the plane, not take off or land it....

In reply to #170

12/23/2013 2:42 PM

lyn-

Your comments are very valid. One question that has been on my mind since 9-11 is at what point should John Q. Public notify the appropriate authorities about their suspicions? There are enough crack-pots out there, although only a small minority, that would report me if I bought a certain type of breakfast cereal or similar type of thing. Some others would put "blinders" on and say "It ain't my business, I'm not getting involved. That's the FBI's job". They wouldn't report anyone even if they saw someone raping their mother. I don't know when to hit the alarm button and when not to. Do others have opinions?

One incident involving me and pre 9-11 was my curiosity of something I saw. My daughter was on vacation so I was going to her apartment during my lunch time to feed her cats. One day I parked in her assigned spot. Next to it was a different car than usual. This car was a hatch back with the back filled with suitcases and books. I glanced at the books and saw several instruction books on flying the type of jets that were eventually used on 9-11. What peaked my curiosity was a pad with strange writing on it. It was not anything I recalled seeing before. I concluded that it was Arabic or some similar language. My thought was why anyone would have that type of book in that area of the country (within sight of the WTC) since there was no big planes flight schools around there. `My next thought was "this is a free country we can do as we want as long as it is legal". The car was there several times in the next few weeks. I did nothing more than later mention it to my daughter when she returned.

A few days after 9-11 the authorities were asking if anyone had seen anything suspicious prior to the WTC event. I called the FBI hot line and gave them the information. They said "Thank you for your information". I heard from them later that it was not involved with the WTC matter, although my daughter saw several guys with FBI jackets on a few days later.

Should I have reported this "not common incident" when I saw the books and the writings? Did I do the right thing based on "who am I to report an unusual event that probably is ok" based on a person's rights? What should and what would I do in the future? This question has been on my mind ever since 9-11, what should I do if I see a not common event/situation and at what point do I report it? At what point would it be appropriate for others to report their suspicions about me and my activities.

I don't know at which point to report my suspicions. I have been fortunate to have led a full and interesting life, and have had experiences that many others have not had either good or bad. This series of events is unsettling to me. What have others done? What should others do? Would the WTC event had not occurred if I reported the "curious" situation?

It is one thing to see a blatantly illegal thing happening which is injuring someone and to report it . Its another thing for everyone to report everything that they feel shouldn't be happening. Should the little old lady down the street who sees everything going on call the cops every time she sees me having a cold one on my porch?

Please, I would like your comments and those of others. When does someone get involve?

Good Luck, Old Salt

In reply to #173

12/23/2013 2:53 PM

"Should I have reported this "not common incident" when I saw the books and the writings? "

It comes to a point that you notices something out of the ordinary, and did something that was out of the ordinary when called for.

Would you acted sooner and on your own next time, I'm sure you would. But it comes down to you have to live your life without getting got up in conspiracy theory's.

Good Answers: 35

12/23/2013 10:31 AM

And then just recently, we had 15 people killed by our government, by a drone strike. Our Government says "Ooops" and we're concerned about the terrorists from other countries.

In reply to #153

12/23/2013 10:34 AM

Yes, but we didn't mean to do it.

Guru

In reply to #155

12/23/2013 10:57 AM

In reply to #153

12/23/2013 10:39 AM

What about the almost 3,000 that lost their lives at the WTC? Were they terrorists?

Good Luck, Old Salt

In reply to #156

12/23/2013 11:01 AM

Yes, because they didn't say they were sorry.

In reply to #160

12/23/2013 11:48 AM

Why in Hell should almost 3,000 innocent murdered people have to say they are sorry to a handful of inhuman, idealistic, self-centered, egotistical, and many other things idiots?

Tell that to my ex-secretary and her child who lost their husband/father at the WTC. Keep all guns and baseball bats away when you tell her. That kind, gentle and intelligent 30 something year old will show you how she feels about it. I share her sentiments also so I'll hand the weapons to her.

Anyone who either actually or philosophically supports any of these types of thugs should have been made to work on the "pile". Then you would have felt the depravity of worthless mass murder. I worked it for a few days. Like many there I had to leave before I lost my mind to it. The anger and sorrow would have killed me if I stayed.

Yes, there are many things in our country that could be and should be better. What have you actually done to make this a better world? Coach little league, place flowers on veteran's graves, discussed the problems with others and sent letters to the congress, joined the Reserves, assist welfare recipients in developing good work habits so they can get a job or any other thing small or large that will help make this a better country and world.

Yes, this is a personal thing for me. I hate the worthless scum who do nothing but bitch about everything in our country and the world. It isn't going to change if they do nothing to correct the problems. Maybe they don't do anything so they will still have more to bitch about

Good Luck, Old Salt

In reply to #163

12/23/2013 12:09 PM

I'm thinking hoping that Janissaries' comment was dripping with bitter sarcasm.

I think most of us take that day personally. I do.

I also think that if we lose our constitutional rights and freedom in the process of, (or under the guise of), getting terrorists, it will be a bigger loss than any of us can imagine.

In reply to #164

12/23/2013 12:35 PM

You may "modify" your mind if several of your family members get killed by terrorists.......

"Freedom" is a two edged sword!

In reply to #166

12/23/2013 12:44 PM

No, I won't.

I'm 100% behind finding and killing terrorists, but not at the cost of our freedom.

In reply to #163

12/23/2013 12:58 PM

The reason I said that is because our Government killed 15 innocents with a drone strike just recently and said it was a mistake.

Al Qaeda article just this morning has them blowing up an explosive at a hospital and going public with an apology and saying it was a mistake.

When the Trade Center was demolished, I was here at work where I am now and watched it on TV as it was happening. Several of us stopped working and watched it take place. Then all of a sudden we were short on funds because funding was halted for our customers in Mexico, because their financing transactions were going directly through the Trade Center. They had to find financing elsewhere. It took them awhile to acquire financing and we'd already built half their packing line, a multi-million dollar contract.

12/23/2013 10:32 AM

Who can it be now...Somebody's watching me...I don't get no privacy...

12/23/2013 4:52 PM

At least the "Biased Racist misogynist" person that was here appears to have got the message and left.....

In reply to #176

12/23/2013 6:02 PM

We're not going to get anywhere by simply beating them up and making them leave.

Just something to think about.

Based on what we're learning, I'm certainly not going to believe that the US is an innocent bystander that just wants to love everyone.

If my government is not representing me, I want to know about it.

In reply to #177

12/23/2013 7:00 PM

I'm just glad I live here.

Our president is a, (supposed), constitutional scholar, who's entire past has been sealed, and refers to our country as a democracy.

He took an oath to defend and uphold the constitution, but breaks that oath on a regular basis.

He has no respect for the people that voted for Him, makes fun of the people that believe in our constitution, and presides over the most awesome and devastating military that ever existed.

Good luck world.

The new USA won't bother asking.

12/24/2013 6:54 AM

12/24/2013 7:36 AM

The Washington Post interview.

The enemies of the state, are running the country. Something has to be done to stop these criminals. Any ideas?

My personal recommendation would be a special prosecutor, appointed by the supreme court, with a full investigation done on each and every person in this administration...as well as any government employees that knowingly followed orders that are counter to the US constitution.

https://johnib.wordpress.com/2013/12/24/edward-snowden-speaks-on-surveillance-democracy-in-first-interview/

12/24/2013 9:38 AM

It's so simple, anybody can understand it:

Oath of Office for President

US Constitution, Article II, Section 1

Before he enter on the execution of his office, he shall take the following oath or affirmation: "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States."

That is the single most important job of the POTUS.

In reply to #181

12/24/2013 9:48 AM

Where does it say that he will use it as the operating manual for running the government?

Guru

In reply to #182

12/24/2013 11:27 AM

Well, I don't think any of them like having their hands tied by the constitution, but that was exactly what it was designed for.

Once upon a time, we had a media that kept an eye on them and reported on their misdeeds. Those days are gone.

Matter of fact, if the media attempts to do their jobs, this administration orders their phones and emails to actively monitored.

In reply to #181

12/24/2013 10:27 AM

".... will to the best of my ability..... " Seems those few words are the stumbling blocks for all of them.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Andy Germany (24); Anonymous Poster (1); bakerjohn (1); dj95401 (17); Fredski (3); GameJudge (2); IQ (5); J.A.C. (1); Janissaries (7); JP76 (1); kramarat (54); lyn (30); micahd02 (8); old salt (21); ozzb (1); Phil D. (2); phoenix911 (20); pnaban (20); rashavarek (8); scotchdrnkr (2); The.Tinkerer (7); Tornado (5)

Previous in Forum: The Boussinesq Approximation for Buoyancy in an Incompressible Flow   Next in Forum: 1-Pixel Colour Camera

Advertisement