Previous in Forum: The Boussinesq Approximation for Buoyancy in an Incompressible Flow   Next in Forum: 1-Pixel Colour Camera
Close
Close
Close
Page 3 of 3: « First < Prev 1 2 3 Last »
Anonymous Poster #1

Are You a Terrorist (But Didn't Know It)?

12/17/2013 9:20 PM

You may not think that you are but the FBI has published a list of 25 different "threat areas" that contain "Suspicious Activities" that should be reported. Here's the list, go to the link at the bottom to find out what else you're doing that might indicate that you may be a risk (Hint-watch out when you're buying that soldering iron!):

http://publicintelligence.net/fbi-suspicious-activity-reporting-flyers/

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Guru
Hobbies - Fishing - New Member

Good Answers: 467
In reply to #183
Find in discussion

Re: Are You a Terrorist (But Didn't Know It)?

12/24/2013 11:02 AM

That's for sure.

So when they intentionally chose to ignore those words, who's job is it to insist that they stay true to that oath?

It's not just the current one that's decided to get loose and sloppy with his responsibility...nor is it just the president. Everyone in congress takes a similar oath.

It seems like we need some sort of citizen enforcement unit, that answers only to the supreme court.

United States - Member - Hobbies - Fishing - New Member Hobbies - Target Shooting - New Member Hobbies - RC Aircraft - New Member Engineering Fields - Aerospace Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 69
In reply to #184

12/24/2013 1:09 PM

My solutions would be impeach/fire the whole lot, cut retirement pensions and benefits including medical. Then Revolt! Oops, I didn't just say that,did I?

In reply to #186

12/25/2013 5:57 AM

Term limits on congress would be a great start.

I also don't like the concept of unelected bureaucrats writing laws.

Good Answers: 1662
In reply to #187

12/25/2013 8:18 AM

Performance based salary, increased only by voters, not automatic raises like they give themselves now.

We know this won't go anywhere. They guard the goose that lays their golden eggs.

Guru

In reply to #188

12/25/2013 1:47 PM

We're the geese...and the goose is about to be cooked.

The working people will never be able to come up with the money to pay off this debt, and they won't stop digging.

In reply to #189

12/25/2013 2:07 PM

As much as I hate to admit it, it will be very difficult to accomplish anything with the current crop of trough feeders in power. No one seems inclined to change anything. Their main concerns are polls and fund raising.

But the few radicals that are trying to cripple the government aren't the answer either.

Guru

In reply to #190

12/25/2013 3:40 PM

I don't think anyone's trying to cripple it...just limit the power, size and cost.

Heck, I don't know who started this thread, but at this point, just about all of us are suspected terrorists.

We've got a government that is paranoid, armed to the teeth, cares nothing about the constition or the law, and is using technology to spy on everyone they can gain access to. Not a good combination.

In reply to #191

12/25/2013 3:51 PM

Oh, $HIT!

It was an anonymous poster.

It's probably an undercover CIA agent phishing for anarchists/terrorists.

Screw 'em! They'll never take me alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guru

In reply to #192

12/25/2013 5:18 PM

Yeah. My theory was the NSA.

Which is why I'm so vocal here and on FB...as long as they're watching me, they might as well know how I feel about what they're doing.

Good Answers: 5

12/25/2013 9:28 PM

Attacks on leaders,police,armed forces,state officials,ambassadors etc are signs of racism and refusal/denial of human rights and not terrorism but terrorism by state. As the affected party has no government or political authority & UN doesn't care,all these attacks take place. Instead of treating the symptom UN should treat the cause but superpowers won't allow it,therefore world has become a dangerous planet to live.

Guru
Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Engineering Fields - Engineering Physics - New Member Engineering Fields - Nuclear Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 75
In reply to #194

12/25/2013 11:53 PM

History, Pnaban. Something you probably don't read a lot of, since you seem to be spending all your time looking through tear-filled eyes at the rest of the world, and blaming it's problems on everyone else. But, tell me, if you can, of ONE time that the UN actually did something right in it's history.

I've read literally thousands of books on history (close to 1700 to date on the Viet Nam conflict alone), and have never seen even one thing the UN has done that actually SOLVED a problem in the world.

And with that kind of record you should be glad they don't try to fix your country. As someone else in this thread, no doubt as disgusted with your whining as I, said to you earlier, you let your own country go, so quit blaming it on the rest of the world.

And what is all this with attacks on leaders, police, armed forces, etc., being signs of racism? Are you so locked over on racism your brain quit working? Or do you just not use it?

You are either ON a trip, or you just ARE a trip, but I'm taking a trip, out of here. You've hijacked what WAS a reasonably useful forum, and made it a personal polemic on problems in your puny mind.

Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Safety - ESD - New Member Hobbies - Fishing - New Member

Location: Near Frankfurt am Main, Germany. 50.390866N, 8.884827E
Good Answers: 200
In reply to #195

12/26/2013 6:32 AM

GA

Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Safety - ESD - New Member Hobbies - Fishing - New Member

In reply to #194

12/26/2013 6:31 AM

How about a full and proper answer to my recent post about equality for women and doing away with caste distinction where you live?You appear to have simply ignored it, or have I missed something that you posted?

Also, you have religions that are seemingly incompatible (no need to my mind, one should respect and accept any religion) with each other like in North Ireland, what are your plans to be "better" than N.Ireland on this point alone? Can you make recommendations that would help in other places around the world?

Please give approximate dates for the planned eradication of the above dark age problems that your country still has?

Till at least these problems are SERIOUSLY reduced, I see little or no reason to even read your unfair and biased comments here....what are you bringing to the party!!!

Safety - Hazmat - New Member Engineering Fields - Retired Engineers / Mentors - New Member Engineering Fields - Piping Design Engineering - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member Fans of Old Computers - PDP 11 - New Member

Good Answers: 202
In reply to #194

12/26/2013 10:47 AM

pnaban-

Throughout this forum you have expressed your dissatisfaction with numerous things you perceive as being wrong with the world, you country and especially the United States. Your solution to all these problems has most often been to send the UN in and have them kick some butt. What would you really do if the UN came in, took over the government of your country and declared Marshall Law? In order to facilitate these conditions of security, they would issue every citizen a travel card, restrict travel, only allow travel with a government approval card, took away private vehicles and put strict limitations on all citizens. Along with this would be numerous other controls of the people.

Before that happens, what are you personally doing, either large or small, to correct these problems before it ever gets to the UN controlled nation you so loudly insist on? Get down off your pious soap box and do something other than bitch about everything! You have said a lot of things that you claim to be bad conditions. Nothing is ever going to change if cry babies like you and your fellow complainers don't do something about them. Until you stop babbling about what is wrong and do something to fix it, you are babbling bitchers not a fixer. One often responsibility of Engineers it to fix things or making things work better. Are you an engineer or a complainer in engineer disguise?

What is better-to curse the darkness (complain and bitch about the world) or light a light to take away the darkness (work towards solving the problems)?

If things are so bad in the USA and others, move to either of the following cities: Kabul; Tirana; Yerevan; Sarajevo; Gaborone; Beijing; Kinshasa; Tehran; Baghdad; Pyongyang; Brazzaville or some other area of need of fixing.

Good Luck, Old Salt

In reply to #200

12/26/2013 11:01 AM

My mother used to tell me, "Be careful what you wish for; you just might get it".

If pnaban wakes up one day to find armed, blue helmets running his country, he's going to have a clear understanding of what that saying means.

Hobbies - CNC - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member Engineering Fields - Electromechanical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 410
In reply to #202

12/26/2013 11:02 AM

No, that will just add to his list of what wrong with this world.........

Good Answers: 80
In reply to #204

12/26/2013 12:09 PM

Your probably right Pheonix. Sadly.

It just pisses me off no end to hear these people who benefit from my labor (read I pay taxes and that money gets sent to XX) while doing nothing themselves but complaining about the folks who are basically keeping them alive.

Just think of the death toll world wide if the USA were to pull back ALL foreign aid, including humanitarian. How many MILLIONS would starve in the first month alone because they cant feed themselves, they live nowhere near food, and refuse to move to where the food is. So this basic understanding that without our aid they have NOTHING but dead children seems be totally irelevant?

Hobbies - CNC - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member Engineering Fields - Electromechanical Engineering - New Member

In reply to #205

12/26/2013 12:12 PM

I beleive I posted earlier, that change has to come with in......... but that's probably too hard to do.

Good Answers: 80
In reply to #205

12/26/2013 1:03 PM

Off topic? Not really folks. What I am talking about are terrorist activities in the form of abuses of power and control over their own people. Domestic terrorism. Think throwing acid in young girls faces because they went to school. Just an example.

I had the distinct pleasure of being at the Sarajevo Olympics. I can tell you what beautiful city and country it WAS.

What these people did to themselves is just unreal. Sarajevo today is a bombed out ruin in what had been the jewel of Eastern Europe and they did it to themselves. Folks who soil their own nests get little sympathy from me.

And in keeping with the tenor of the thread, I would say that these folks are the real terrorists. Economically abusing the rest of the world for their own ends with no intention of becoming a humane state or a good world citizen.

So who are the REAL terrorists?

In reply to #207

12/26/2013 1:05 PM

If you reply to an OT response, you are automatically marked OT.

You can un-check the OT box in your response and you will not be marked OT, unless Admin does it.

Reply Off Topic (Score 5)
Guru

In reply to #207

12/26/2013 1:10 PM

I recall that. The investment there, with the facilities was unbelievable.

And what was really unbelievable was the pictures of Sarajevo afterwards. It does not take long to become basically a third world country.

Good Answers: 35

12/26/2013 10:29 AM

This article is worthy of a song:

If you're a terrorist and you know it clap your hands...

If you're a terrorist and you know it clap your hands...

If you're a terrorist and you know it, clap your hands and gladly show it, if you're a terrorist and you know it clap your hands.

In reply to #199

12/26/2013 10:48 AM

A New ABC poll out,......

***** There are No domestic or foreign terrorists in this country. ******

sarcastically stated.

Good Answers: 5

12/26/2013 9:33 PM

Terrorism is a weapon or excuse used by interested parties to create war & destroy civilisations, minorities,races, communities,religion,language,culture, heritage,monuments, artefacts etc. Even after war some in civilian clothes stop civilians at roadside & ask them to show the ID saying they are checking drug peddlers & asking do you belong to minority proving the rulers are disgracing/insulting minorities. Before war was over some searched people saying they are searching for terrorist suspects. Police won't accept if victim inform licence plate number of the suspect saying any body can fix a false number plate,this the modern world after UN proved to be deaf,dumb & blind by minorities.

Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member Engineering Fields - Piping Design Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 780
In reply to #210

12/26/2013 9:39 PM

You and kramarat should get together and cry into your beer, lots of it.

In reply to #211

12/27/2013 4:46 AM

Yeah. His government is probably really good, and he's just mistaking how much they care about the people, with corruption.

In reply to #211

12/27/2013 8:04 AM

In reply to #217

12/27/2013 9:21 AM

I agree fully with you, but how do you propose to make changes?

Lies are ALWAYS better understood by many lacking the intelligence to differentiate between truth and fiction. I have seen this time and time again in my lifetime.

Many less fortunate with regards to brain cells are also affected by the old German saying "Schadenfroh!"

Which translates as "to find joy in another's misfortune", which I also use to show that people will always believe the worst in somebody else. (I feel that is a serious character flaw in itself!!)

Do you remember a previous saying I posted as my sign off a year or so ago?

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.

Winston Churchill

Actually what is also the same as lying, is when despite persistent enquiries, questions and queries, no answer is given and we ALL know who THAT IS HERE.

!!! Not you yourself by the way!!!!

In reply to #218

12/27/2013 9:53 AM

It's not that lies are better understood by the less intelligent.

The trick is, to keep the truth convoluted and complicated, and keep the lies simple.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/crime/item/17097-fast-and-furious-whistleblower-destroys-botched-investigation-lie

There are also many people who remain willfully ignorant of the truth. It makes life simpler.

Lying never lasts forever though. Eventually, even the most skilled of lying snakes gets caught.

In reply to #219

12/27/2013 12:42 PM

I am not talking about tricks here, but in my experience, the lies get convoluted (to try and make the facts "stick" together) and the truth is often simple and therefore gets ignored - because its "too" simple to be true!!

The interesting link you posted seems to support that, though I am of the opinion that it could be the other way round, just as you said, but never is in my experience! Though I am not shutting the door on your version completely....

Or I understood your post 180° to what you meant!!

To be a good liar, you need a very high level of intelligence plus a really good memory. Sadly most are dumb Bunnies and its easy to find out what is NOT the truth........

Telling the truth is far, far easier......even some dummies like me manage it!!!

I have met people who told lies, even though the truth would have put them in a FAR better light!! They just need to lie all the time!!! Sad!!

In reply to #225

12/27/2013 1:22 PM

You're right. I just wrote it down wrong.

The truth usually is simple...it's just not simple to tell, when it is illegal and unconstitutional.

At this point, there are so many lies, on top of lies, coming out of our government, that it will likely take decades to unravel. I doubt we will have uncovered all of the wrongdoing, in my lifetime.

What's up with Angela?

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/merkels-phone-tapped-by-at-least-5-countries-2013-11-24

The US officials said that no phones would be tapped unless the person was a terrorist suspect.

Snowden might not be a good guy, but the US government is not above the laws that govern the rest of us...nor are they above our constitution.

In reply to #230

12/27/2013 3:29 PM

If the German security is so bad that they do not give as standard, all government officials phones with special coding/security, well I would be stupid if I was a member of a foreign government spy service and I DIDN'T tap her phone.

DUUUUHHHHHHH!!!!

I was horrified to hear that the phone was not secure.

Reporters were tapping Princess Diana's phone, 17 years ago (she died what 15 years ago!) and Prince Charles phone, so it isn't that difficult to do!!!

Perhaps a reporter showed the spies how to do it!!

When the Germans F**K UP, they do it REALLY good, it was always like that.....trains are never an hour late, they will be a day late or not run at all.....

In reply to #231

12/28/2013 5:24 PM

Maybe I'm just naive to the ways of the world.

I don't think we should be spying on our allies, and when we say we aren't, it shouldn't be a lie.

In reply to #233

12/28/2013 6:02 PM

I don't think we should be spying on ourselves!

When we have no expectation of ANY privacy, no matter where we are, we have reached a police state.

How do we know that our children are not being indoctrinated into reporting their parents for making unflattering remarks about the NSA/CIA/FBI/POTUS. Common Core may be more "far reaching" than any of us know.

Fascist Italy, Nazi Germany, and currently Communist China used to be the only countries who spied on their own citizens for no reason. Now we can add the USA to the list of countries where freedom of speech and freedom from oppression have ceased to be realities.

This reminds me of the wedding scene from Fiddler on the Roof, where the Russian goons come in and trash an innocent celebration.

Guru

In reply to #234

12/28/2013 7:31 PM

None of this is any good.

I haven't had time to go digging, but supposedly, the guy that pretty much authored the Patriot Act, said that it was very specific about not doing what they are doing now, and that it was specifically written to keep our constitutional rights in place, and only going after terrorists.

Tracking our every conversation, email and keystroke, is so blatantly unconstitutional, that I think our country may be in real danger of falling to some really bad people.

...and if we're being government by people that care nothing about us, how do you suppose they will treat the rest of the world?

If nothing is done to change any of this, in a few years, pnaban might really have something to gripe about.

Common Core?

It's nationalized education, with each student learning the exact same things, reading the exact same books, and taking the exact same tests....everywhere.

The government will be able to shape those kids into anything they want.

In reply to #210

12/26/2013 9:42 PM

Please, try not to speak anymore!

Reply Score 1 for Good Answer
Guru

In reply to #212

12/27/2013 3:43 AM

OR POST.

You forgot that!!

GA

Safety - Hazmat - New Member Engineering Fields - Retired Engineers / Mentors - New Member Engineering Fields - Piping Design Engineering - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member Fans of Old Computers - PDP 11 - New Member

Good Answers: 202
In reply to #210

12/26/2013 11:32 PM

pnaban-

Slow down please. I'm having a hard time keeping up with your changes in blame. First you wanted the UN to go in and kick butt and now they are the bad guys! First they could fix everything for you and now they are deaf, dumb and blind. Make up your mind, what's it going to be?

The next things you might tell me are that there is no Santa Claus or Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer! Make up your mind please.

The only other person, I have ever heard of, that puts so much blame about the world, all of its problems and the responsibility for them is when my mother-in-law talks about me.

If you are going to complain and place blame, keep the subject narrowed down to something/someone that you can handle. You're spreading yourself too thin and losing your effectiveness (just like too thin a piece of concrete, full of cracks). The way you make the whole world sound one would think that you were going over the security plans for the Super Bowl over in Jersey. They have SUPER-TROOPER over there, nothing bad will happen except maybe some bad chili overwhelms the restroom facilities.

Again though, I hate to be persistent about this question but---> WHAT HAVE YOU PERSONALLY DONE TO MAKE THIS A BETTER WORLD TO LIVE IN, NO MATTER HOW SMALL THE EFFORTS MIGHT BE?

I've read a lot of bitching and complaining from you so far, what have you done to make things better? If no answer is received I, and probably others, might surmise that the bitching is done simply to hear yourself bitch (just like a mother-in-law!).

Your answer please.

Good Luck, Old Salt

In reply to #210

12/27/2013 4:10 AM

I have asked you several times about the serious problems that Sri Lanka has with religion and female equality, you have not addressed these question even once in your comments, WHY NOT??????

Furthermore there are several other OUTSTANDING problems that your fellow islanders have made yourselves, that I haven't even addressed yet......shall I start on those?

You have already lost all all your "friends" here, why not attempt to win some back?

But NOT answering such accusations in any manner at all shows simply that you have no answer that any normal educated human could understand or allow. You all feel that this abomination is normal and need not be commented on....well the rest of us do not agree.

COMMENT!!! Give us your opinion and that of your fellow Sri Lankans on these disturbing questions!!!

What is really being done to correct them? How is education for both sexes handled at all levels?

Avoiding such questions makes you look pretty small and self important....

Please also supply links so that we can substantiate your answers.

Thanks in advance.

United States - Member - Hobbies - Fishing - New Member Hobbies - Target Shooting - New Member Hobbies - RC Aircraft - New Member Engineering Fields - Aerospace Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 69

12/28/2013 4:42 PM

Be wise to the power of the media. It can and will control the masses.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Andy Germany (24); Anonymous Poster (1); bakerjohn (1); dj95401 (17); Fredski (3); GameJudge (2); IQ (5); J.A.C. (1); Janissaries (7); JP76 (1); kramarat (54); lyn (30); micahd02 (8); old salt (21); ozzb (1); Phil D. (2); phoenix911 (20); pnaban (20); rashavarek (8); scotchdrnkr (2); The.Tinkerer (7); Tornado (5)

Previous in Forum: The Boussinesq Approximation for Buoyancy in an Incompressible Flow   Next in Forum: 1-Pixel Colour Camera

Advertisement