Previous in Forum: New Marine Manufacturing   Next in Forum: Junkmail
Close
Close
Close
Page 1 of 3: « First 1 2 3 Next > Last »
Guru
Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Safety - ESD - New Member Hobbies - Fishing - New Member

Location: Near Frankfurt am Main, Germany. 50.390866N, 8.884827E
Good Answers: 200

Dangerous Things You Did as a Kid (Age 0 - 99 Years Old!)

07/21/2010 1:42 PM

Come on Guys, tell me about all the bad dangerous things you did as kids.

My offering is that I used to make REALLY good cannons using black powder. I even made remote firing using small bulbs with the glass removed and a battery, there was a tiny time delay but it worked really well.

I once damaged about 50 cars in a car park with a multi stone "shoot" that went FAR farther than I ever imagined.....scarpered before I got caught.

All done between 10 and 13 years old, then I discovered Dames.......

this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Guru
Hobbies - DIY Welding - Don't Know What Made The Old Title Attractive... Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member United States - US - Statue of Liberty - 60 Year Member

Good Answers: 282

Re: Dangerous things you did as a kid (any age from 0 to 99 years old!!)

07/21/2010 1:56 PM

One I can tell you guys about was the metal tipped lawn darts... fitted with 3 (maybe 4?) Estes model rocket engines, these can achieve impressive altitude. Velocity on impact is sufficient to pierce the roof of the neighbor's automobile (an attorney with very little understanding of the nurturing required for children, but with an immense vocabulary of colorful phrases).

This one of many. It is remarkable that I survived past the age of ten.

That reminds me of the car hood we used for a sled...

Hobbies - CNC - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member Engineering Fields - Electromechanical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 409
In reply to #1

07/21/2010 2:08 PM

thank god you were a kid.......never get a chance like that.

United States - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 2
In reply to #1

07/21/2010 4:01 PM

That is great! - wish I could have seen that. I loved Estes rockets. How did you get all the engines to ignite at once? I always had trouble getting a single engine to fire.

Hobbies - DIY Welding - Don't Know What Made The Old Title Attractive... Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member United States - US - Statue of Liberty - 60 Year Member

In reply to #17

07/21/2010 5:00 PM

Oh, around the house it was easy.

Insert igniters and tape 'em, connect 'gator clips, connect the clips to the cut off end (female) of dad's extension cord, and plug it in! WHOOSH! (I forgot about that... caught a little bit of heck for that, too)

Yeesh. Did I/we really do all this stupid stuff? Sure was fun, though.

Good Answers: 1
In reply to #28

07/25/2010 12:55 AM

We didn't even bother with rockets, we just glued fins to the engines themselves. Glue a piece of plastic straw to the engine and use a long piece of 8 Ga. wire to guide it up. Of course it became aerodynamically unstable in a few seconds and wound up in a neighboors gutter. If was fall and the gutter was full of dry leaves, luckily the owner was home and had a hose outside. As a 10 year old I never heard so much cursing in my life!

Register to Reply
Guru

Location: Large hole formally occupied by furry woodland creature.
Good Answers: 97

07/21/2010 2:10 PM

My contribution in the amateur firearms category involved a die-cast toy replica of a muzzle loader with a flash pan that used a single "Greenee stick-um cap" to project the tiny red plastic bullet.

"Too weak" I thought. So my friend and I extracted the business part of the caps until we had enough to fill the barrel of this pistol. We found that using the eraser end of a pencil did not work as a ramrod, as the metal band for the eraser caused sparks and ignition of the charge, sending the pencil through the drywalled ceiling of my pal's bedroom.

Once we got the ramrod sorted out, we shaved a lead fishing sinker to fit, and made our way to the small pond below my friends house. Here, you fire it, he said. "Nope" I said, not happening. So we wound up lashing the "gun" to a small sapling and attaching a string to the trigger.

A pull on the string brought a loud bang, several tiny splashes across the entire surface of the pond, and the slow descent of the top of the sapling caused by the missing section of tree/pistol.

When in doubt, remote control!

Good Answers: 1661

07/21/2010 2:24 PM

Tennis ball cannon.

1/4 thick Al tube about 24 inches long. Modeled after 3 16 oz. beer cans duct taped together. It had a perforated plate about 6 inches from the bottom. This is the combustion chamber. It has a 1/4" hole drilled in the side at the bottom for introduction of a few drops of gas and a squirt of welding O2. It has one of those Coleman lantern flint strickers mounted on the side that can be positioned over the hole for ignition. Sounds like a shotgun. It got us kicked out of a campground and almost arrested. It could put a tennis ball out of sight.

Push ball down tube till it gets to plate. Insert gas and O2 flick the striker and look out. YOu had to keep the muzzle above your head when you fired it or you'd be deaf for a couple of hours.

Register to Reply Score 1 for Good Answer
Guru

In reply to #4

07/21/2010 2:37 PM

This explains the lawn dart with the tennis ball stuck on the point I found in my backyard!

In reply to #5

07/21/2010 7:52 PM

They had just introduced a slimmer aluminum Coors can that was a perfect, slide slowly down the tube, fit. We'd fill them about 1/4 full of water and shoot them out of the thing. The can would collapse.

We even put ice cubes in it and shot them out. Crushed ice came out when we fired it off. Really.

Register to Reply
Commentator

07/21/2010 2:51 PM

Ah yesssss, those were the days.

Put a 12' parachute on the back of a bicycle and rode full speed down a hill and pulled the chute out. Instant stop, for the bicycle only that is. I slid down the hill for some distance and left quite a skin trail along the way.

Then there were the bottle rocket wars, always fun.

And least I forget, the go-cart that had no brakes and a direct drive fan belt with no clucth and no way to kill the engine.

Many of my friends parents often commented "So I see you're still alive!"

L

Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member Hobbies - Target Shooting - New Member Engineering Fields - Civil Engineering - New Member United States - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 177
In reply to #6

07/22/2010 1:33 PM

Ah yes, the bottle rocket wars! The last time that I did that was back in college at my roomates' friend farm. It was Independence Day and my roomies' friend Bob had about 60 or 70 friends over for the beer & food bash. The bottle rockets were broken out about 10 pm when it was totally dark. I swear there must have been well over 10,000 bottle rockets parcelled out to everyone. No teams whatsoever.....free for all with each man for himself! the battle went onfor no less than 3 hours. I can attest that getting get square in the chest or back with a bottle rocket does indeed hurt and will even leave a good size dent in your skin and muscle! Good thing I was drinking good 'ole Dr. Jack Daniels straight that night!! LOL Surprized that we didn't kill someone or knock-out someones' eye!!!! Those were the days.........

07/21/2010 2:56 PM

When i was working in a pharmaceutical company the people in the warehouse would wrap a piece of dry ice up in paper and place it on the floor behind you as the ice melted the pressure inside the wrapping would explode with a loud bang. But if you really want to see and hear a bang the best thing is a acetylene bomb made from a length of water pipe and put down a drain. It will blow off a few manhole covers.

Register to Reply
Guru
Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member Engineering Fields - Marine Engineering - New Member

Location: Vancleave, Ms about 30 miles inland from Biloxi and the coast
Good Answers: 105

07/21/2010 3:05 PM

Ah yes, my young bomber days. I used to take the large cartridge fuses with the replacable element and the screw on brass caps; take them apart; fill them with gun powder; attach wires to the end caps and detonate them with a long extension cord and ignition battery. The first one I made, put shrapnel through 1/2 plywood in the basement of my house. The next one I tried was burried in the ground. That one blew a hole about 3' dia and we could hear police sirens in the distance and getting louder. Another was the cherry bomb in the mail box. Not the home boxes, but the ones on a street corner that read U.S. Postal Service. All this happened a very long time ago when I was around 12. If someone did this today, they would be facing serious time in jail.

Guru

Good Answers: 143

07/21/2010 3:19 PM

Lessee. . .

There were the pipe mortars: a short piece of iron pipe, plugged at one end, a slightly loose fitting piece of broomstick about 3" long, and a cherry bomb firecracker. We were able to shell the back of a small town from a quarter mile away. Up close, it would put the broomstick through barn siding.

There was the gasoline powered rocket, modeled roughly on the old blow torch. Fortunately, our parents found that before the test firing.

There was the railroad trestle on a blind curve where we'd walk out to the middle in the dark and pee off the side (You have to remember we were maybe eleven) and hope a fast freight didn't round the curve.

Same railroad, when it would slow for the crossing in town, we'd put pennies on the track between trucks, then reach in and take them out before they got too flat.

"Hitchhiking" on bicycles. We'd wait till a truck was going by and catch up and grab the rack on back and ride for free, sometimes faster than we wanted.

Playing "army" with .22 rifles. The rules were to just miss the guys on the other side. If they could hear the bullet go past, they were "dead".

Playing chicken with cars, where we'd drag race down a lane that had an opening wide enough for only one car.

Soaking our hands in lighter fluid, lighting them and waving them in front of people's windows at night.

Walking across the hydroelectric dam (learned that from my dad who could do it tipsy).

Throwing firecrackers into the vestibule of the police station and running like the devil.

Building an apple jack still and firing it with gasoline (It worked so well right up till the boom).

Buying an alligator for $1 because the pet store didn't want one that was two feet long (Wonder why?).

In reply to #9

07/21/2010 3:28 PM

"Buying an alligator for $1 because the pet store didn't want one that was two feet long"

Oh, that is TOO funny

In reply to #12

07/21/2010 7:46 PM

His name was Bruce and the trick was to herd him out of the bathtub where he lived into the closet long enough to take a shower. He could bite through leather shoes and would snap a yardstick with glee. I took off on a long hitchhiking trip down the east coast for a coupla weeks; when I got back, my roomie had accidentally (?) left him in the closet, where he died of dehydration I suppose. Wonder if the aprtment owners know they've got an alligator grave in their lawn?

Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member Engineering Fields - Marine Engineering - New Member

In reply to #9

07/21/2010 3:35 PM

Wow! You did some pretty dangerous things. Are you speaking from the grave? I used to take track torpedoes from the cabooses, wrap the lead straps around a paver, throw it up in the air and when it came down, it would explode throwing pieces of stone all around. We used to walk through single track tunnels on the New York Central line just after a train had passed and hoped another train wasn't far behind. We also used to hitch rides on our bikes from the back of busses and trolleys. I'm 75 now so I guess I was smart enough to survive.

For those who never heard of track torpedoes, it was a sensitive explosive device that was about 4"x1"x2" that lead straps extending out each side. You would place them on the track rail, using the lead straps to hold it in place. It was used as a signaling device between the locomotive and the rear of the train. When the train backed over the torpedo, it would explode and signal the engineer to stop. After two way radios were introduced, track torpedoes disappeared.

In reply to #14

07/21/2010 7:40 PM

You do know the old joke about the most common last words of us hillbillies? "Hey Bubba, watch this".

Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Fans of Old Computers - PDP 11 - New Member Technical Fields - Architecture - New Member Hobbies - HAM Radio - New Member

Good Answers: 70
In reply to #34

07/23/2010 10:22 AM

...in Maine they say..."Here, hold my beer, and watch this!"

In reply to #113

07/23/2010 10:33 AM

Yep! I understand that once you get NW of Lewiston, they're just hillbillies with really funny drawls.

In reply to #115

07/23/2010 10:49 AM

"Hey Mac! How do we get to schoolhouse road?

How'd ya know ma name was mac?

I donnow, I just guessed?

Well then, ya can guess ya way to schoolhouse road!"

From the movie "Funny Farm"

Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - Time to take control United States - Member - New Member Engineering Fields - Systems Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Mechanical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 87
In reply to #9

07/22/2010 2:46 PM

I saw one about that size walking across the road the other day.

Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member United Kingdom - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 661
In reply to #9

07/23/2010 2:55 AM

Soaking our hands in lighter fluid, lighting them and waving them in front of people's windows at night.

<splarf>...damn there's snot on the keyboard now... hmmm I'll tell mrs Cat it's Guacamole
Del

Hobbies - Musician - New Member Hobbies - Car Customizing - New Member Hobbies - Target Shooting - New Member Engineering Fields - Power Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 14
In reply to #108

07/23/2010 3:07 AM

I chuckled to my self as I read that. Remembering the smell of burning all of the hair off my arms, doing that exact thing

Register to Reply
Guru
Engineering Fields - Mechanical Engineering -

Good Answers: 71

07/21/2010 3:25 PM

Dry Ice Bombs are fun. Two liter bottle, dry ice and duck tape...we tried putting one in a river in the deep water next to a dam, had to tie rocks to it so it would sink. Didn't get any fish floating like we hoped but it made the dam shiver and a 4 meter circle of water dance and stipple like those egg-crate foams.

When dropped in shallower water (less than 1 meter) it shot water up over the trees and you could see the bottom before the water collapsed back in...still no fish floating.

The last one we threw in the woods next to a friends house never went off...for about an hour. We were back home across the river and thought we heard a cannon.

Also, riding a go-cart that was missing an engine, wheels, and rollcage pulled behind a farm tractor. It was fairly stable till the kids riding on the outside jumped off, then it would flip and drag whoever was brave stupid enough to sit in the seat.

Drew

Good Answers: 60

07/21/2010 3:26 PM

used to make home made explosives, nearly killed my self several times.

made them from common household things, and no i will not publish them here

you never know who is watching,

anyway theres a lot of sites now you go to i am told

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #11

07/21/2010 3:31 PM

Someone once said that you looked like an IRA bomber. Could there be any truth to that??????

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #11

07/21/2010 4:01 PM

I tried to make nitroglycerine during my mad scientist days, but couldn't get it to work. Hmm, I wonder what I did wrong.

Hobbies - Fishing - New Member Popular Science - Evolution - New Member United States - Member - New Member Engineering Fields - Mechanical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 10
In reply to #18

07/21/2010 10:55 PM

Never tried nitro, but I make mercury fulminate for a high school science project.

In reply to #18

07/22/2010 2:29 PM

SPLARF! You'll have to go try again, I guess...

Does anyone remember when you could just go get dynamite at the hardware store? I do remember my dad wanting to blow out a stump in the backyard...mom wouldn't let him do it, yhough, so we had to go back and return the TNT.

Lawn darts, stainless steel play equipment, with concrete underneath, no helmets for us when we rode our bikes! In fact, I don't remember any safety gear at all for anything...

I didn't do anything stupid as a kid...I was a scared little kid...waited 'til adulthood to do dangerous stunts!

Hobbies - RC Aircraft - New Member Hobbies - Automotive Performance - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member

Good Answers: 123
In reply to #90

07/22/2010 10:37 PM

What about marrying Garth? That should count.

Good Answers: 44
In reply to #18

11/18/2011 3:19 PM

didn't boil it long enough...it's all about concentration...or so I've been told

Register to Reply
Guru

07/21/2010 3:39 PM

I discovered that an oil furnace ignition transformer:

• Has 10,000 Volts on the secondary.
  • Is midpoint grounded, meaning the metal case is grounded to the secondary winding halfway between the ends.

Using these important details, I discovered:

• That a pencil conducts 5000 volts right up to and including the eraser holder.
  • That a concrete garage floor conducts 5000 volts.
  • That shoes are not a good dielectric at that level.
  • That 5000 volts are painful (even at very low amperage).
Hobbies - Musician - New Member Australia - Member - Torn and breading Engineering Fields - Nanoengineering - New Member APIX Pilot Plant Design Project - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 74

07/21/2010 3:45 PM

One comes to mind straight away but there were many others.

I had a 50cc Honda motorbike and was not allowed to have it. It would be another 2 years before I could ride one legally. It was hidden so dad would not find out. We were a weird mob and anything that was not nailed down was taken for a ride.

To stop this from happening, I disconnected the brakes of the bike at nights. Sure enough, Heinz, a good friend really, pinched it one day. He pushed it away from our house and started it up a distance away. My brothers and I still heard the noise when he started it up and he took off with it. Those 4 stroke Honda's could make quiet a ruckus, especially with the muffler disconnected as well.

The street went straight for about 600m and then hit the main road T section. That is were he must have noticed that the brakes were not something to rely on. On the other side of the exit was a 2m high hedge. He must have reached 60 kmh by that stage. We could still hear the bike revving for a while and the sudden stop of the engine indicated to us that my theft mechanism had worked.

I collected the bike and the thief was nowhere to be seen. The next day, at school, I saw a rather scratched and bruised Heinz. No damage done really but it could have been bloody deadly if he would have hit a car or something else. "I didn't do it" was no excuse, he had the marks to prove it. We all pissed our selves laughing.

Another day another story, Ky.

Hobbies - CNC - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member Engineering Fields - Electromechanical Engineering - New Member

07/21/2010 4:02 PM

Did alot of foolish or dangerous things as a kid, I'll refrain from any explosives......don't won't to think this site is made up of "Ted Kaczynsky's"

One memory comes to mind, we had a large wooden slate barrel, where my twin sister and I would roll down the hill with us inside it. Did this a number times until the hoops started to come off ....at the middle of the hill, our vehicle of disappeared from around us. but we were still tumbling. We had laugh for about 15 minutes straight.

We then move up to tractor tires, we crawled inside but we had to brace ourselves against each other feet on the other persons shoulders and pushed and we weren't old enough to fully do this, so we told our older brother (about 4 years older) about it that we needed one more person....and to our surprise he thought it'll be fun too.

We did this about 2-3 times and was a blast. Then on the next time, I started to look at the scenery. I looked and my sister and laughed. She looked and me and started to laugh too......needless to say she laughed so hard she lost her grip and that caused the rest of us to do also......

I was the only one hurt with a sprained or a pulled neck muscle.....what ever it was I could not move my neck for a week, missed (2) little league games which ticked me off. but it that was one of the most fun and exhilarating rides I remember as a kid.

p911

Good Answers: 165

07/21/2010 4:07 PM

Playing "chicken" with Jarts or Roman Candles, at 20 paces in the back yard.

Sodium metal and a water hose was always good for a bang.

Ice skiing by grabbing ahold of anyones car bumper wearing sneakers - some of their expressions were priceless.

There are countless others involving electricity, some of which I can still taste.

In reply to #20

07/22/2010 2:38 PM

I do remember being told (a LOT!) not to tough empty light sockets, or stick things in electrical outlets...I did both...I was always asking "why?", and not getting adequate information.

I used to go ice sledding...in high school (does that count?) we would get a block of ice, a piece of cardboard, and all go up to the local cemetery, which was up on a steep hill. You put the ice down, cover the top with the cardboard, sit down, and vroom! down the hill, trying to steer clear of the statues and monuments. Got caught a few times by the cops, but never did any damage, so we were sent home.

My sister (6 years older) would sit me down on her skateboard at the top of Wilbur, a steep street next to our house, and sit behind me. Then she would push off, getting off the skateboard just as it started rocketing down the hill, me hanging on for dear life. The only way to stop was to crash, and the only things to crash into were a cinderblock wall, trees or cars.

It truly IS amazing that I never even broke a bone!

07/21/2010 4:15 PM

It seems that we as older people, grew up doing dumb stunts like these and survived. Some didn't survive so well; kids losing fingers, eyes, etc stand as testaments to these risky activities. Kids today don't seem to get involved in the same wacky, dangerous, dumb activities that we used to. Today's kids have a new set of things that challenges their survival and that is drugs and alcohol, something we never got involved with in our early days. I think overall, we old timers had it better than todays youth. We may have been mad bombers, but we also had a sense of morals. We didn't take guns to school and kill other students. We didn't kill our families. We were much more innocent than today's youth. I'm sure glad I grew up in the period of time I did. I've tried to bring my kids up with my moral values and if they want to fool around with amateur bomb making, it's ok with me, but I'll be there to watch over them and keep them on a straight path. My kids are all grown now, so I have my grandkids to "educate". Fortunately for them and me, we live within a stones throw of each other.

Hobbies - Fishing - New Member Popular Science - Evolution - New Member United States - Member - New Member Engineering Fields - Mechanical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 10
In reply to #21

07/21/2010 11:22 PM

I'm just a few years younger than you, and agree with you. We did a lot of stupid things, but they were stupid in that we could get hurt. Once we survived, we were OK. No drugs that are OK once or twice, but you're in trouble sooner or later, no guns except for plinking in the woods or along the river.

We were not quite dumb enough for car surfing and some of the other "jackass" type stunts.

Guru

07/21/2010 4:35 PM

I have to make another comment to this post. I think this post is a great one as it points out many good/bad things. I'm sure there are those who would denounce our activities as crazy, wrong and shouldn't allow our children to be party to such activity. There are some who believe in shielding their kids from anything that is adverse in any way to their fairyland idea of a perfect society. Kids will always get into trouble. That is a given. The type of trouble they get into can be controlled by how we as responsible parents teach our kids. We try to guide them so they don't do bad things, and try to keep them safe. Teaching them about firearms is one of those important lessons a kid should know. My grandson is 10. He knows how to drive and shift a 4WD. He knows how to handle a gun. He knows how to run a lawn tractor, a string trimmer and even some shop tools. Naturally he is surpervised and never allowed to perform them without supervision. Kids grow up very quickly in this country. During the great depression, kids grew up overnight. Some try to keep them from growing up too fast. They don't give them any free reign, but if allowed free reign, they learn very quickly. An example of that is the children in 3rd world countries. They are capable of doing adult work at very early age because life is so tough, they have to grow up fast to survive. I'm reminded by the song by Johnny Cash; A Boy named Sue.

Good Answers: 109
In reply to #22

07/22/2010 5:40 AM

GA to you Ronseto!

Each child has its rights to have its own injuries on learning.

Not crippling (sometimes parents or others should watch), but as part of learning extremely useful.

Who did not try 220V with bare fingers knowing that the touch should be short and never a grasp?

Who did not try the long list of explosives and the school books did not have a list of safety requirements for the specific stuff?

RHABE

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #22

07/22/2010 9:09 AM

This is all a learning experience. What I believe has changed is when we got into trouble or hurt, it was our own fault and paid the consequences and learned by it.

Such as common sense and owning up to you mistakes.

Seems today, when someone gets hurt because of their stupidity of doing stupid things, it's someone else's fault and that someone else should have to pay for their own foolishness or stupid acts.

No one learns.

p911

Hobbies - Fishing - New Member

Good Answers: 467

07/21/2010 4:36 PM

All of mine were bb gun fights, gasoline and lots of explosives, some really good ones. One of the stupider things we did as kids, was to crimp aluminum pipe about 2 feet long, fill with gasoline light open end and fling it, like flame throwers. More than once we got to use the stop, drop and roll technique! It is amazing that any of us are still alive and not crippled. Now I'm afraid to jump off the tailgate of my pickup, (while stopped), for fear of throwing out my back or my knee. How times change!

In reply to #23

07/21/2010 4:53 PM

One we used to do was fill a water pistol with lighter fluid and hold as match in front of the muzzle as we pumped. it would throw a flame 20 ft. We didn't direct it toward anyone.

In reply to #26

07/22/2010 9:11 AM

we did that with a bug sprayer, that was the flame thrower when we played with our little toy green and grey soldiers.........wiped up a whole battlion.

Hobbies - HAM Radio - New Member

Good Answers: 5

07/21/2010 4:51 PM

I was told to kill the rats around the corn crib by putting a small chunk of calcium carbide down each hole and running some water into them. This releases acetylene gas which is an anesthetic. The rats just drift off to sleep and then asphyxiate.

This was not nearly exciting enough for my ten year old self so I tried pitching a lit kitchen match down one of the holes thusly treated.

The effect was instantly gratifying, did you know that rat holes connect under ground?

Did you know that high speed dirt and flames hurt when they hit you?

It did big work on the rats by the way.

If the software can detect, compensate, avoid, or correct an anomalous condition in the system, it is, by definition, a software problem-regardless of the root cause. In the long run, for most classes of problems, it is cheaper to fix it in the SW
Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #24

07/21/2010 4:59 PM

I would pay to see that!

A flaming rat Calliope!

In reply to #27

07/21/2010 5:46 PM

Yea, well I hope you wouldn't pay much! The concert didn't last long at all.

We used the carbide to fuel carbide cannons that were supposed to keep the birds away from the grain fields. The only problem was, the birds would get used to the noise after a while and then they would require retraining. I wore out a Remington 870 "training birds" to be afraid of gunfire. I used to get the 12 ga shells at Western Auto when they ran their "Sizzler Sale". I don't know what cheap outfit made those shotgun shells for WA but they weren't worth more than about a dollar & ninety seven cents a box.

Have FUN!
TT3

If the software can detect, compensate, avoid, or correct an anomalous condition in the system, it is, by definition, a software problem-regardless of the root cause. In the long run, for most classes of problems, it is cheaper to fix it in the SW
Register to Reply
Guru
Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Safety - ESD - New Member Hobbies - Fishing - New Member

07/21/2010 4:52 PM

I used to make landmines for flies. Nitrogen Ti-iodide I think is what its called, made from ammonia and iodine scales.

As long as its still wet with ammonia its safe, as soon as it dries, even a hair drawn across it causes it to change violently into iodine gas. No burning though....it does not get hot.

We use to put tiny amounts on our school desks, it would dry and a fly would think it was food and get its head blown off.

Or I put some on my bedroom lightswitch, my Mother comes into the room, switches the light on, big bang and she has a stain that looks like she smokes a 100 cigs a day!! The wall also had a big brown stain.

Mother goes apeshit.

I tell her to wait an hour and the stain will be gone... it was!!!

In reply to #25

07/21/2010 5:14 PM

Thanks Andy. I didn't know that one.

In reply to #29

07/22/2010 3:03 AM

Never make large amounts, we maxed out at about a teaspoon full, it started to get dangerous well before then.....

It was good that our pocket money "restricted" how much we could buy/make.....

In reply to #47

07/22/2010 5:51 AM

Hi,

I did make too much of this (near 1 ccm) and it exploded still wet.

One ear was damaged in the 2.5 to 3 KHz band permanently, both were ringing for 3 days. Fortunately I carried the stuff on a piece of paper carefully with a stretched out arm.

I did make nitro-cellulosis that failed once being too warm and starting boiling and foaming.

I tried electrolysis by 220V AC in a salt solution and got a wonderful blue arc.

First time in the mountains we built a dam to withhold some 3 cubic meter of water and suddenly release this to the local road.

Shooting apples and light-bulbs with pebbles from nearby.

Climbing birch-trees until the smaller ones bent and broke with us some 3 to 4 m high plunging into sand and dust.

RHABE

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #51

07/22/2010 7:13 AM

Hi RHabe,

you wrote:-

I did make too much of this (near 1 ccm) and it exploded still wet.

WOW, that much could have REALLY done some damage if you had had it nearer to your body!!!!

I must admit that we treated it as being not dangerous if still wet, look how wrong/lucky we were!!!!

Have you any idea what caused it to explode? (Paper folding under the weight may have been enough....!)

In reply to #52

07/22/2010 11:47 AM

Hi,

no idea what caused the explosion,

the JN3 was on a sheet of paper (intended to be used as a filter) so that the water was sucked out of the wet explosive.

Nothing done except careful transportation by one hand.

Suddenly a 10cm hole in the paper, a violet cloud of vaporised iodine and my ears ringing.

No idea about catalysts to stabilise or destabilise the stuff.

Similarly unstable copper-acetylide is used by tons as catalyst.

Don't try silver-acetylide - this is worse than hell and worse than nitro-glycerin.

Don't try any nitriding of the lighter than glycerin alcohols - very likely to blow up during nitriding.

As a rocket fuel we had kitchen-paper and similar cellulosic stuff impregnated with potassium chlorate and sometimes nitrate. There was a poor guy in our class at school that imitated this, kept this stuff in his trousers pockets and inadvertently or unknowing had a match in contact with this.

Matches at that time contained some red phosphorous and could be lit without difficulty at contact with this impregnated towels.

This he experienced at his way to school - arriving one week late, having burnt more than his trousers. Nothing serious remained - loosely stuffed will burn not too violently.

RHABE

Register to Reply
Guru
Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member

Good Answers: 65
In reply to #52

07/28/2010 10:20 AM

Made some NI3 once. Must have made too much because after filtration I dropped another filter paper on top of the filtrate and that was enough to set it off, at about my waist level. Quite an interesting stain for a while.

A friend did an apprenticeship as a boiler maker. The shop had a small wharf onto Sydney Harbor. They used to knock the top off oxygen bottles and send them, torpedo like, across the harbor.

Their other favorite was, when welding on grid flooring, to go to the floor below another welder and weld the steel "horse shoes" of his boot heels onto the grid. Many warships wound up with empty boot souvenirs in the engine room.

Another friend apprenticed as an electrician. They used to charge a capacitor then throw it to someone. He would automatically catch it, with a satisfying result.

My own consisted of numerous attempts at rockets.

Favorite fuel was potassium permangenate and aluminium powder, although zinc dust and sulfur was also good.

Lit one with a match and it went up with my hand still under it. Luckily it lifted too fast to expose the hand for long enough to get more than a minor singe.

Tree climbing and transferring from tree to tree, often bending the branch enough to get to the next tree, also with similar bendy branches. Never fell out, but did have a few branches break under me.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #190

07/28/2010 10:38 AM

I used to do 'tree bending' .
There was a plantation of Silver Birch and you could climb up to the top of one and swing out. If you judged the size of the tree just right it would start to bend, the more it bent the further out you swung and the more leverage so it bent further, until, you ended up gently placed back on the ground.
Of course if it was in a cartoon you'd hand the tip of the tree to your little brother who'd be catapulted over the horizon.

Del

In reply to #191

07/28/2010 10:45 AM

This seems somehow related to your bow making!

United Kingdom - Member - Not a New Member Hobbies - Musician - New Member Hobbies - Fishing - New Member

Good Answers: 466
In reply to #191

07/28/2010 10:57 AM

Ever see House of Flying Daggers? There's an excellent "bendy tree" sequence in a bamboo forest - can't find a link to a video . (There's also some pretty impossiblenifty bow-work.)

Trailer.

In reply to #195

07/28/2010 11:48 AM

Actually that bloke with the bow is slow
There's a Hungarian guy who can shoot from horse back (at a canter) at a prodigious rate hitting small targets (admittedly at pretty close range).
I might look for the link if anyone wants to see it... He uses a similar style of short composite bow, oddly enough it's called a Hungarian Horsebow, funny that.
Del

United Kingdom - Member - Not a New Member Hobbies - Musician - New Member Hobbies - Fishing - New Member

In reply to #199

07/28/2010 5:23 PM

"I might look for the link if anyone wants to see it..." Please .

In reply to #200

07/29/2010 2:46 AM

Here you are...There's a fair bit of chit chat at the start, but it's not just any old chit chat.
It prob rates as a 'must see'
Enjoy.
Del

In reply to #202

07/29/2010 3:46 AM

Amazing stuff. Must've taken half a lifetime (or more) to get up to that standard.

You ever tried rapid fire? (Repeating crossbow doesn't count ).

In reply to #203

07/29/2010 4:08 AM

I do about 7 arrows in about 30 secs, there comes a point of diminishing returns where trying to go faster just slows you down, smooth and steady wins the day, oddly enough, my grouping got better as I went quicker...relaxed, natural and smooth, not trying to think about the aim... point and loose.

(I do wish they wouldn't use the term 'fire', ain't no fire involved... you shoot or loose an arrow. It doesn't really worry me, but I just like to point it out)
The Native Americans used to play the 'game of the arrow' seeing how many arrows they could get in the air at one time, they used a special grip and technique so that the arrow could be put onto the string drawn and relesed in one smooth movement without changing the grip (probably a similar technique).
Del

In reply to #204

07/29/2010 4:18 AM

Under 5 seconds a shot sounds dam' fast to me - well impressed!

In reply to #205

07/29/2010 4:29 AM

That's using a special KrisDelTM 'Ground Quiver'
Del
(That's where you stick the arrows in the ground in a nice line just where you can grab 'em easilly...just like they would have done at Agincourt.... I import special mud to stick 'em in)

United Kingdom - Member - Old New Member

Good Answers: 89
In reply to #202

07/29/2010 4:26 AM

That's impressive, just as impressive is how they control the horse without using their hands.

In the slo-mo shots it's surprising how much the arrows flex as they're fired loosed.

In reply to #206

07/29/2010 4:49 AM

Yeah, the arrow flexing is part of the "Archer's Paradox"
As the string returns towards the centre of the bow, the width of the bow should force the arrow to kick out to the side... why doesn't that happen? Because the arrow flexes around the bow.
The wobblimost fleximold of the thwacky thing as PW might say.
Del

In reply to #208

07/29/2010 5:43 AM

I see, from the point of view of complete ignorance I would have thought making the arrow stiffer would improve it's accuracy but you would just get an arrow that consistently missed the target to one side.

In reply to #209

07/29/2010 6:05 AM

Modern target bows use somewhat stiffer arrows, as the handle (riser) is cut away so that the arrow passes through (or near) the centre line of the bow.
However, the act of releasing the arrow can deflect the string sideways and the arrow/string system will oscillate, it's about matching the mechanics of the whole system for best performance. The back end of the arrow can smack aginst the bow if it's not right, or the arrow can travel sideways for a while before straightening up.
I don't worry too much about arrow stiffness (spine) but it does have noticeable effects, too stiff an arrow from a low powered bow will have the arrow hitting a target 10 paces away at quite an angle, where a softer arrow will have straightened out by then.
Like a lot of stuff, it's about power matching, too soft you waste energy flexing the arrow, too stiff it flies sideways and loses speed through drag.
Similarly the weight of the arrow should be matched to the bow, a big warbow needs a heavy arrow (some guys are pulling 130 pound [and more] draw weight bows).
There's more to arrows than meets the eye as Harold said at Hastings
Del (be the arrow grasshopper)

In reply to #210

07/29/2010 6:10 AM

I think I'll stick to firing stuff out of tubes.

In reply to #211

07/29/2010 6:16 AM

I wonder what the acceleration of one of your rockets is?
An arrow has a fair old G on it, going from 0 to 100 mph over a distance of about 24".
Del

In reply to #212

07/29/2010 7:38 AM

We don't tend to use rockets, you never know where the sticks will come down & the large display rockets have sticks about 4ft long x 3/8 square.

The bigger shells weigh about 5lbs & go up to 900ft in 5 seconds.

In reply to #213

07/29/2010 7:43 AM

Whoooooooooooooooooooosh..........Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Ahhhhhhhh.
KABOOM <scampers in to hide behind sofa>
Del

In reply to #208

07/29/2010 8:42 AM

Wasn't it SU (Stanley Unwin) who said that?

In reply to #191

07/28/2010 11:02 AM

That reminds me, I knew a kid that told of using a tractor to pull the tip of a tree down to launch kids into a pond. One day, they were about to start the tractor when some kid appeared above them, at first just a tiny speck in the sky, screaming in a British accent "LOOK OUT". They left without looking back, but did hear a splash.

In reply to #25

07/21/2010 5:24 PM

The filthy little buggers deserved it!

In reply to #30

07/22/2010 3:05 AM

How about changing your name to "Unrepentant"? (It would fit me better too!!)

It fits better!!

Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Hobbies - Fishing - New Member

Good Answers: 17
In reply to #25

07/22/2010 2:53 PM

its nitrogen tri-iodide.

Its stable as long as its wet. used alcohol to keep it wet and also allow it to dry quickly.

Used to make it and swing it around in a handkerchief on about a 6 foot string till it dried out and blew up. it would knock you down. The handkerchief is what we used to filter it out of the mixed ammonia, iodine and alcohol.

Also once put it in a glass baby food jar and left it on a wood fence post. Drove the post completely into the ground. Luckily no one got hurt by flying glass.

Many others That my mom never learned about.

Used to make hand grenades by pulling powder out of a case of 22lr shells and putting them in previously made wood fired clay cup and then covering the hole with more clay and threw them in a fire. got in real trouble once for a fire that burned 40 acres. that was the last time.

United States - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 2

07/21/2010 6:08 PM

We tried making our own fireworks from existing fireworks ... ... in my friend's bedroom. We would cut open various fireworks and even shotgun shells for the powder and then re-pack it into a new package. One time some of the powder flared up from static or some other random spark - fortunately no one was hurt. The sad thing was that after a little break we were right back at it. We didn't even move out of the house to the garage or shed.

Hobbies - RC Aircraft - New Member Hobbies - Automotive Performance - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member

07/21/2010 6:12 PM

I am 61, and there are things I still will not speak of.

But, We lived in NYC. One street was a 10 lane road that ran through an area we lived in. The road was divided into a main road, and a service road, three lanes in the main, two lanes plus parking in the service road. There was an intersection every block. We would tow disabled cars with tow straps. The fun was weaving in and out of the main and service roads as fast as we could.

There was a steeply curved on ramp to an expressway. There was this Vauxall Victor. The game was to see how fast we could make that curve. The four of us could just roll it back onto it's tires when it slid into the curb too hard.

There was an apartment complex that had these lovely sidewalks that connected the six buildings together. The fun part was to drive the hillman Minx up and down the walkways with the horn blasting in the middle of the night.

The parking lot of the all night dinner we frequented had an ell shaped parking lot. If your tactics were good, you would back up into the short end of the lot, slam it into first(or drive) and stand on the gas as the car would slowly come to a stop, and then go forward, and then drive around the corner of the lot and as far down the block as possible with the tire screaming for mercy On a damp windless night, the smoke was there for 3-4 min.

Drag racing in the streets? ANY PLACE, ANY TIME! Once fish tailed into a light pole mounted on the center island, and left tire tracks 3 ft up the pole. ( bent a rim, a 12 bolt Pontiac axle, destroyed the quarter panel, and ripped out a hard to find gas tank from a 57 Ford) We were ahead of the Nova until the pole.

In the 60s NYC police cars were full sized Plymouth Furys with slant six motors. Pursuit was not their strong point. At this particular time my car was exploring the economy of running without the added restrictions of exhaust pipes. We were cruising on the above mentioned 10 lane road (Queens Blvd) well ahead of us is a police car doing an unacceptable 25-30 MPH. One just could not drive that slow with open headers. So we put the clutch down and turned off the engine, coasting up past the police car. Stuck it in second, hit the starter, then the throttle, and then the clutch and just roared away from them. A few days later, I was parked in the service station I worked in when the same police car drove in and wanted to know WHO OWNS THIS CAR? I fessed up to owning the car, but blamed the incident on "my friend Moon , that used the car that night"

If this is still active in a few days, I'll send more. Why am I still alive?

In reply to #33

07/22/2010 3:21 AM

Vauxhall Victor, Hillman Minx, I never knew they exported them to the USA!!! Or were there US built cars using the same names as the UK?

I had a friend who bought a good secondhand so called "Clutchless", proper name a "Manumatic", Hillman Minx. Normal gearbox, automatic clutch.

But the gear change linkage was a bit worn and you did not always get the gear you wanted.

He was "roaring" / purring? past me, trying to show off. Got to about 30MPH and accidentally selected reverse!!!!

The automatic clutch system worked fine, never stalled the motor (as you would expect) and violently slowed the car down.

(By the way, it was before all cars had safety belts, this car had none....)

He was plastered onto the steering wheel AND his right foot was forced onto the gas pedal and was giving the motor full power.....

The car ground to a halt and then shot immediately backwards, he travelled maybe 75 yards backwards before he managed to get off the accelerator and stop.

Was he pissed and my girlfriend of the time almost peed herself from laughing, which rather ruined his "racing image" that he was trying to promote!!!!

Luckily nothing was coming up behind!!!! Except a small river, which he did not quite make it to.... sadly.....

In reply to #49

07/22/2010 9:42 PM

Back in the sixties, and before it seems we would let anything off of the boats. I remember working on Austin Princess, and America. DKWs. A Jensen Healy. At one time I owned a Hillman Husky, and had plans of putting a Ford 289 or 302 in it.

07/21/2010 8:11 PM

I'm on a roll now. Got the ole neuron woke up and remembering.

The most dangerous thing I ever did was get married. I knew my first marriage was a mistake when I woke up one morning to find her crying and cussing 'cause she couldn't figure out how to load my shotgun.

But, when I was a callow youth, I lived near the foot of the Blue Ridge. There was a nice three lane road, with good shoulders which must make maybe a dozen switchbacks. There's only one official road leading onto the whole length, so I would go up at night and see how fast I could drive it, using all five lanes (shoulders too). I got to where I could average around 100 mph, which wasn't too bad considering the speed limit runs either 25 or 35. Even today, motorbike guys occassionally get the road closed off and do rallies up (I think Hooker rides this). It was more fun when it wasn't closed off; you had to always keep watch two turns ahead of wherever you were. If a you saw a car coming, you could brake well enough going uphill to save yourself, though it must have scared the daylights out of some drivers who were suddenly passed on the wrong side!

And, when I was a teenager, I had an old flat head Ford that would fly. The trouble was the brakes were pretty rotted and I was pretty broke. So, I would blow a wheel cylinder and have no brakes, and no money to buy a new one. I drove up and down mountains pretty regularly with no brakes at all. The only time I got really convinced that might be dangerous was when I went out onto an interstate highway. They were brand new then, and it only went a few miles, so I had to stop at the end. Whew!

Good Answers: 4

Re: Dangerous Things You Did as a Kid (Age 0 - 99 Years Old!)

07/21/2010 11:42 PM

Well, this sounds a little tame compared to some of these posts. In my early teen years we wanted booze. There were some big old frat houses in the town where I grew up and they'd have parties with lots of it. We'd stick a cherry bomb fuse into a lit cigarett and hide it near an open window of of the frat house. We'd plan it so that when the bomb went off and the guys came tearing out on the bomb side to see what was up we'd slip in on the opposite side and grab a bottle of whatever was closest and run. Then we''d drink to much puke and sneak on home. What fun.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #40

07/21/2010 11:45 PM

Have you ever puked stuff that glowed in the dark?

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #41

07/22/2010 9:31 PM

I once went to a conference relating to to fire equipment. There was a sales person that was selling these "new" light sticks. He offered a round of drinks at the bar. In there he secretly opened one up, took some in his mouth and then sipped his drink. Spit it all out on the bar where the light stick liquid did glow on the bar. Good joke right? Not to the bartender and his friends. Big fight. Bartenders should be required to have a sense of humor.

Good Answers: 1

07/21/2010 11:51 PM

Lit up a 3 V bulb using 240 V Mains... :-)

Good Answers: 12

07/22/2010 12:17 AM

Many things. Most putting my self in to risk - getting killed, seriously hurt, being caught red-handed, and so on. Escaped death in fraction. At age six tried to heat water by directly passing 230V ac; at age 13 Crossed railway track when train was moving at more than 40KM/Hr speed (from bellow the train); With the help of a small air tube swam 1-5 KM in to deep waters and rushed back as air started to leak without learning how to swim; Fire crackers blasted in hand while experimenting; many more; every time I escaped fatal death on many occasions; Entered neighbours house to see her without cloths but could escape from being caught. Now I am feeling how risky it was. I think some one should carefully compile and make a book. I can share all my experience but not on public forum to prevent some one hurt.

United States - Member - New Member Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 36
In reply to #43

07/22/2010 10:40 AM

I think some one should carefully compile and make a book.

I believe they already have: The Darwin Awards

Register to Reply
Guru
Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Engineering Fields - Engineering Physics - New Member Engineering Fields - Nuclear Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 75
In reply to #71

07/22/2010 1:56 PM

Nope, Jaxy. The Darwins can't be awarded to survivors. Only those who REMOVE their genes from the pool. And I know I haven't. My sons have tried their own stuff. Pity THEM, two of them have a total of 7 kids, and each has one boy. But some of the girls can curl your hair, already, and none is over 8 years old.

No Darwins for me. At least not yet. But I'm still trying.

Guru
United States - Member - New Member Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 36
In reply to #88

07/22/2010 3:55 PM

They have a whole section devoted to "honorable mentions" for those who seemingly tried to win a Darwin Award, but still somehow survived to see another day.

Register to Reply Good Answer (Score 2)
Guru

In reply to #95

07/22/2010 4:36 PM

Now there is some more funny stuff. Thanks Jaxy.

I wonder how many of those guys are CR4 members?

Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Engineering Fields - Engineering Physics - New Member Engineering Fields - Nuclear Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 75
In reply to #95

07/23/2010 12:03 AM

Yes, you are right. I did know that. But I don't think any of us WANTED to be in the Darwin's. That would have just been an unfortunate byproduct of our curiosity. Well, mine, at least. I was always saying "I wonder what would happen if ...". And then finding out. Often, the hard way. Now that I think back on it, it usually was what my parents said would probably happen. Amazing how smart they were. Wonder why they didn't try harder to stop me? Oh, well, I probably DON'T want to know the answer to that one.

Guru
Engineering Fields - Mechanical Engineering -

Good Answers: 71
In reply to #107

07/23/2010 1:03 PM

Three people find the same lever (at separate times) and out of curiosity pull the lever. Each is suddenly shocked with electricity.

The first two a politician and a taxi driver think wow, I shouldn't do that again. The third, an engineer thinks...hmm...I wonder if it does that every time?

Drew

Safety - Hazmat - New Member Safety - ESD - New Member Engineering Fields - Transportation Engineering - New Member Popular Science - Evolution - New Member Technical Fields - Procurement - New Member Hobbies - Target Shooting - New Member Popular Science - Cosmology - New Member Engineering Fields - Architectural Engineering - New Member Technical Fields - Marketing/Advertising - New Member Engineering Fields - Food Process Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 114

07/22/2010 12:55 AM

I worked at a bowling alley years ago

& had purchased several large illegal 1/4 sticks

I convinced the guy in the pro shop to drill an old ball & glue the 1/4 stick in

we put it in a 5gallon plastic bucket thinking it would contain the blast

luckily we hid behind a large transformer when we lit the fuse

we found plastic schrapnel 2 blocks away

my ears rang for the rest of the day...

Register to Reply
Guru
Hobbies - Musician - New Member Australia - Member - Torn and breading Engineering Fields - Nanoengineering - New Member APIX Pilot Plant Design Project - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 74
In reply to #44

07/22/2010 1:00 AM

yeah, were is Trans when you need him

In reply to #44

07/22/2010 9:34 AM

I also underestimated the power of an M80.

A Friend of mine walked out of his house with one and I remarked that the fuses were waterproof, pointing to his brand new 55 gal drum/rainwater reservoir.

He at first rejected the idea, claiming his Mom would kill him if it was damaged.I convinced him that the water would absorb the explosion. We wrapped a length of solder on the cracker to make it sink, lit the fuse and tossed it in.

There was a loud thud like a giant belch as the side of the drum split. For a moment the water held back like the red sea before cascading down the drive.

"Cheap drum" I said, exiting the scene as his Mom flew out of the door like a woman possessed.

Safety - Hazmat - New Member Safety - ESD - New Member Engineering Fields - Transportation Engineering - New Member Popular Science - Evolution - New Member Technical Fields - Procurement - New Member Hobbies - Target Shooting - New Member Popular Science - Cosmology - New Member Engineering Fields - Architectural Engineering - New Member Technical Fields - Marketing/Advertising - New Member Engineering Fields - Food Process Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 114
In reply to #61

07/22/2010 10:54 AM

Part 2

I had rained about 6" in the afternoon & the parking lot at the apartment complex I lived in was covered in about a foot of water.

we were throwing the 1/4 sticks [4" x 3/4"] off the balconey

as the day progressed [there may have been some beer] my room mate got more casual, & started throwing them out the sliding glass door, from his bed

He finally missed & bounced one off the door frame

melted a 6" hole in the shag carpet, the downstairs neighbors were pretty sure it was the end of the world, everyone's ears were ringing for the rest of the evening, my room mate lost part of his hearing too

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #74

07/22/2010 10:22 PM

Riding around the streets of NYC in an old 4wd truck. Dropping lit M80s through the hole in the floor for the transfer case shifter. You know it was inevitable to miss the hole. God looks out for fools and drunks.

In reply to #44

07/22/2010 3:41 PM

My ears are still ringing, I suspect they will stop when I do.

Register to Reply
Register to Reply Page 1 of 3: « First 1 2 3 Next > Last »
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Andy Germany (16); Anonymous Poster (6); beriberi (3); bob c (20); BruceFlorida (2); CaptMoosie (2); chrisg288 (10); cuba_pete (1); DaveB (4); Del the cat (13); Doorman (5); Drew K (5); Garthh (6); gfmlcka (1); gringogreg (1); HarryBurt (2); Henry at United Precast (1); IanR (3); Jaguar (4); Jaxy (2); JBTardis (6); JohnDG (10); kendall (1); Kilowatt0 (1); KJK/USA (1); kramarat (1); kvsubramanyam (1); ky (2); Lo_Volt (1); lyn (4); mesadude (1); micahd02 (10); Mrs.Rabbit (2); Nigh (9); not so smart (2); pauls_14 (2); peteolsen (1); peterg7lyq (1); phoenix911 (7); Phys (1); Proper J (2); RHABE (3); Rick@cae (2); ronseto (8); rrv (1); sceptic (1); sensorscontrols (1); silvCrow (1); stvewaclo (1); Tom_Consulting (2); Tornado (2); Turbotroll3 (3); TVP45 (5); Unredundant (17); westbye (3)

Previous in Forum: New Marine Manufacturing   Next in Forum: Junkmail

Advertisement