Previous in Forum: Have Dolphins Gone Mad?   Next in Forum: Outdoor enclosure help
Close
Close
Close
Page 1 of 3: « First 1 2 3 Next > Last »
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain. Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 817

Chocolate

01/31/2008 10:13 AM

What is the CR4 readership's favourite chocolate confection (please illustrate with pictures), and why?

this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Guru
Popular Science - Evolution - New Member Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member

Good Answers: 918

Re: Chocolate

01/31/2008 10:37 AM

The elusive and mysterious dark chocolate. I can't show you because I just ate it.

However, this is from Wikipidia:

In gastrophysics and chocolatelogy, dark chocolate is a hypothetical form of chocolate of unknown composition that does not emit or reflect enough electrococo sensation to be tasted directly, but whose presence can be inferred from gastronomical effects on visible bio-matter. According to present observations of chocolates with darker albado than .56, as well as evidence from Big Fang gastrophysics, dark chocolate accounts for the vast majority of chocolate in the observable universe. The observed phenomena consistent with dark chocolate observations include the rotational swirling of candies, mints in chewy clusters, confectioner lensing of background objects by chocolate clusters such as the Hersey cluster, and the temperature distribution of hot chocolate in chewy clusters. Dark chocolate also plays a central role in structure formation and candied evolution, and has measurable effects on the anisotropy of the cosmic chocolate background. All these lines of evidence suggest that chewy clusters, clusters of chewy clusters, and the universe as a whole contain far more dark chocolate than that which accounts for the known amounts of milk chocolate: this remainder is called the "dark chocolate component".

Register to Reply Good Answer (Score 4)
Guru

Good Answers: 59
In reply to #1

02/06/2008 11:46 AM

Other authorities attribute the effect you describe to chocolate holes, but I'm inclined to doubt either explanation. To me, the behaviour appears more consistent with the appearance of a wormhole at the instance of opening any package that supposedly contains dark chocolate. Whatever the cause, the mere action of opening a package of "high quality dark chocolate" causes the apparently solid interior to mysteriously vanish before it is possible to make any observations; the sole exceptions to this being when the contents of the package are contaminated in some way.
I had a friend who set of on an expedition to find the far end of the wormholes where the chocolate would be emitted. I'm inclined to believe he succeeded in his quest, partly because he was a very determined character, but also because none of the correspondence I receive from him gives any indication as to his location.

Register to Reply
Friend of CR4

Good Answers: 35

01/31/2008 10:39 AM

Mmmm, chocolate. My favorite confection (currently) is from Villa Italia in Schenectady, NY. It's called a "chocolate mouse" (pictured below). It's about two inches tall - a rich chocolate mousse sitting on top of a disk of marzipan surrounded by a thick, dark chocolate shell. You can only eat one, but man, it's simply awesome. Not sure how they get the little ears to form, though.

Good Answers: 143

01/31/2008 10:59 AM

Chris,

I'm having a lot of trouble getting that picture to open. If it's not too much trouble, could you just send some samples?

Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member United Kingdom - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 661

01/31/2008 1:36 PM

Are you trying to lure more women onto this forum with you talk of chocolate?

I like a Topic, or Marathon/Snickers half way around the golf course, for that quick sugar hit.

Yum

I feel you could have at least fabricated some vague engineeing related chocolate issue in this thread...like please advise on transition point of choc' and by the way...blah blah...

Good Answers: 2

01/31/2008 2:04 PM
Register to Reply
Guru
Hobbies - Fishing - Old Salt Hobbies - CNC - New Member United States - US - Statue of Liberty - New Member

Good Answers: 266

01/31/2008 2:58 PM

Chocolate and cherries whats not to love.

01/31/2008 3:14 PM

Anything in here and it must be in here not shipped off to some other place and sold months later. if you only have 1200 or so calories to spare, go for the hot cocoa.

Ghiradelli Square in San Francisco

Guru

Good Answers: 10

01/31/2008 5:13 PM

Oh how I love chocolate.

Good Answers: 15
In reply to #8

01/31/2008 11:00 PM

I just rated the above a "1", as I haven't got any pictures similar to the above (lightly covered) all mine are too explicit for this site :P

The other is "Death by Chocolate" :D

Good Answers: 1
In reply to #8

01/31/2008 11:51 PM

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, go get 'em Tiger

Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member China - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 14
In reply to #8

02/01/2008 12:26 AM

I enjoy chocolate and cafe mixing with milk as breakfast.

Its rather expensive in our china. Dova is good one brand. and produced by germany and switzerland are all favourite.

what you show those lovely girls dressing chocolate clothes was seen on the show stage on tv screen time to time. I think its waste! pure business action. the dress designers would be banished to Shebelia.

Register to Reply
Power-User

Good Answers: 5
In reply to #13

02/01/2008 1:41 AM

Hey guys ....

Sorry, but this is one of the few times my patriotism comes above. BELGIAN chocolate, boys... BELGIAN chocolate !!!! Personally I prefer the dark, the darker the better ... But ANY BELGIAN chocolate is just fantastic !

And I even know why the BELGIAN chocolate is better than e.g. the American ...

BELGIAN (and in most cases European) chocolate is made with beet sugar while American chocolate is made with cane sugar ... Errr ... not sure if "beet" is spelled right ... but you know : that ball-like thing that grows under the ground. Anyhow : that is the secret !

United States - Member - New Member Engineering Fields - Mechanical Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Petroleum Engineering - New Member Hobbies - Target Shooting - New Member

Good Answers: 149
In reply to #14

02/04/2008 5:07 PM

44mEurope, chocolate does not come from Belgium, it comes from Central America. You Belgians are posers.... =D

United Kingdom - Member - Old New Member

Good Answers: 89
In reply to #13

02/01/2008 5:17 AM

I think you misinterpreted the chocolate coating.

Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member China - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 14
In reply to #18

02/01/2008 8:41 PM

Doesnt matter, the color which you are favourite only increase your appetite. the chocolate or cafe theirself can give you joy.

I often cannt make clear between coca bean and cafe bean.

I drink cafe without sugar, so do anyone else here?

from our maket or from hongkong, I can only buy the products from usa, germany and switzland etc. usa's is not very as good as others. our china chacolates are also very good to eat. I eat it from childhood. I like it verymuch. haha.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #59

02/02/2008 3:28 AM

Hi CN, I have tea and coffee with sugar, but here's an English joke.... if someone wants their coffe without milk, you say.

'You can't have it without milk, we haven't got any. You'll have to have it without cream instead'

Good Answers: 115
In reply to #59

02/02/2008 3:49 AM

I don't usually have sugar or milk in coffee, though I do if it's after a meal in restaurant. I've tried coffee with and without caffeine, and have not noticed any difference (even over long periods). I thus don't usually go for de-caf, because they probably use horrible chemicals to make it caffeine free.

In reply to #8

02/01/2008 4:10 AM

I think this may be rather sexist, please send further pics so that I can rech a more considered conclusion ...

United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain. Kettle's on.
In reply to #16

02/01/2008 4:13 AM

Bad kitty. Baaaaaaad kitty.

In reply to #8

05/21/2009 5:36 PM

Wow! What a master -- combining germane commentary on the topic with the profound reflections of Bucky Fuller. Bravo!

Philippines - Member - New Member Engineering Fields - Instrumentation Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - Who am I?

Good Answers: 51

01/31/2008 6:38 PM

Nestle Crunch

Check out the website

http://www.nestlecrunch.com/

Go to About Crunch and select Crunch History. Warning, some of you may get nostalgic!

01/31/2008 11:53 PM

Hmmm, choclate... How about frozen dark choclate snickers or milkyway? Or dark choclate truffles from sees? Yummy

Engineering Fields - Manufacturing Engineering - United Kingdom - Member - Get things done!

Good Answers: 3

02/01/2008 2:53 AM

Theres only one chocolate for me, the chocolate that combines eating with unarmed combat!

Mmmmmmmm!

Fans of Old Computers - ZX-81 - New Member Popular Science - Cosmology - New Member United States - Member - New Member APIX Pilot Plant Design Project - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 4
In reply to #15

02/04/2008 4:45 PM

another vote for Toblerone - and just about anything Swiss

Jim

Register to Reply
Guru

02/01/2008 5:20 AM

For the health conscious there's the deep fried battered Mars bar.

02/01/2008 5:26 AM

One of my favorites but not easy to find in the UK, Reeses peanut butter cups.

Popular Science - Weaponology - Scapolie, new member.

Good Answers: 8

02/01/2008 6:22 AM

Hi PWSlack.

My favourite chocolate is plain and simple dark bitter chocolate, why I don't really know, but milk chocolate makes me feel sick. I am sorry I cannot show you a picture, but I haven't got any at the present.

Spencer.

Register to Reply
Commentator

02/01/2008 7:10 AM

I only enjoy eating 37lb chocolate Santa Clauses from Bernard Callebaut. Chocolate is only good when it is first molded into a ridiculously large Santa.

Register to Reply Good Answer (Score 2)
Guru

In reply to #22

02/01/2008 7:28 AM

02/01/2008 7:19 AM

I prefer strong plain chocolate, but have a liking for 'Old Jamaica'....

Mrs. K likes Galaxy....

.... though she may be hitting me with a saucepan when I pinch it to measure the speed of light...

....'What ?' you cry.....

Take out the turntable in the microwave, and zap the chocky (use the biggest bar of chocolate you have) until melt spots appear. Spacing of melt spots (cm) X Oven frequency ( it will be on the back - probably 2,450,000,000) = speed of light in cm/s. If you don't get 29,979,245,800 I have wandered off topic for no reason. ( From " How to fossilize Your Hamster" Mike O'Hare). Disclaimer : Try at own risk

United Kingdom - Member - Hearts of Oak Popular Science - Paleontology - New Member Engineering Fields - Mechanical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 75

02/01/2008 7:29 AM

Anything made of dark chocholate....70% cocoa or higher (though I have found that too high a consumption tends to give me caffeine headaches!).

For the nostalgic, including the Reese's Cups, this site is a must. The page I've linked shows my finder's fee for introducing you to the site.

And as Valentine's Day is less than a fortnight away, anything from this company's dark chocolate range (hell, I can even stomach their milk chocolate!) will ensure that you get an appropriate response from me . That reminds me, I must plan a trip to Nottingham soon....

To name names: dark Bounty, Finger of Fudge (is just enough...sing along at the back) and Crunchies. Oh and Smarties.

currently munching a Mrs Crimbles Gluten free Double Choc brownie. Sickly, stodgy, but very chocolatey

In reply to #25

02/01/2008 7:38 AM

I'd forgotten about Finger of Fudge.

I was aware of 'aquarterof', you could also try cybercandy for the more exotic.

Dark Bounty & Smarties........, it's just got to lunch time here, I'm off to the sweet shop.

02/01/2008 7:45 AM

Pikers, one and all!! I don't believe we've yet to hear from a true choco-holic, so I'm chiming in here! No pics necessary, as the mental image will be disturbing enough!

After a hard days work, a REAL chocolate lover goes home, and after overeating at dinner, pours a tall (20 oz. minimum) glass of ice-cold milk, sets down in his or her favorite recliner, shoes off, kicks back, and tears the top off of a plastic 12oz. tub of (my fave) Betty Crocker Dark Dutch Fudge Icing. With spoon in hand, you are then to commence watching the TV, and before you know it, you've consumed more than half the tub, and several more glasses of milk! At this point, you aren't sure whether to finish off the tub, rinsing it down with the rest of the gallon of milk, or just run to the bathroom and give it all back! And even after all of this, you will still start to eye the 10 boxes of Girl Scout Thin Mints you just received, and try to decide if its worth going out to buy more milk to wash them down!! You know this will make you sick, but the smell of those thin mints simply won't let you alone! And so, you get your clothes back on, and run down to the store for more milk!

If you have shuddered more than once at the thought of that much pure chocolate and sugar, then you're not a true choco-holic like me! And did I mention that it can make you appear to be in your teens again?? Oh, yes! The case of acne you'll get from eating that much chocolate and sugar, will have your face broken out like a 14 year old by the next morning!!

A simple confession by a true choco-holic!

But try it before you knock it!!

In reply to #27

02/01/2008 8:07 AM

cj:

LOVE IT! Great mental pic :)

Personally I love molten chocolate cakes, chocolate souffles, dark chocolate, really any kind of chocolate is good with me, as long as there is no coconut shavings in it or peach/apricot flavors in it, I'm all in!

Register to Reply
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Hearts of Oak Popular Science - Paleontology - New Member Engineering Fields - Mechanical Engineering - New Member

In reply to #27

02/01/2008 8:08 AM

Even the thought of the milk is making my stomach turn. Yak Yak Yak - nasty horrible white stuff. Four bars of Lindt 85% cocoa bars...try standing up after that. That's a real chocolate buzz.

In reply to #32

02/01/2008 12:41 PM

What on earth do you dip your Oreos in if not milk?

In reply to #46

02/03/2008 1:25 PM

Well, for one we don't get Oreos in the UK and for two, I'm allergic to gluten, so I can't eat them anyway.

Consequently, I dip my gluten-free biscuits in my herbal infusions. Or eat 70% cocoa chocolate

United States - Member - New Member Engineering Fields - Biomedical Engineering - Radiation Oncology Engineering Hobbies - Fishing - New Member APIX Pilot Plant Design Project - Member - New Member Hobbies - Hunting - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member Hobbies - Target Shooting - New Member Popular Science - Biology - New Member

02/01/2008 7:49 AM

Easter bunnies of course

Popular Science - Evolution - New Member Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member

In reply to #28

02/01/2008 7:51 AM

Too bunny!

Er, I mean, funny.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #28

02/01/2008 8:00 AM

Falls off chair laughing....

02/01/2008 8:45 AM

My favorite chocolate is white chocolate for the following reasons:

It is chocolate

It does not taste bitter after wards means no after taste

The ugly black color is killed and nice white chocolate with better taste is achieved.

I made a beautiful sketch of my favorite chocolate slab to show to all you my friends, but Alas! it did not show up on the paper with the white backgrond.

I abhor all other kinds of chocolate because of it's ugly black color. (It is only my opinion and had to be wrong). I hate black color so much that I even do not write with black ink and refuse to sign or write check with black ink. I even do not eat chocolate ice cream. Although Chocolate ice cream is best sold ice cream in the nation and followed by Vanilla and Strawberry respectively.

Sometimes, I drink hot chocolate, coco or ovaltine which is actually brown and not ugly color like black or dark black.

My 2cents worth.

Regards;

Nadeem

P.S. I know lot of folks would like to kill me for my comments about the chocolate, but hey, this is my opinion. And there are always three opinions. Your opinion, my opinion and the correct opinion.

Sometimes I wonder that how people can eat chocolate ice cream with rocky road, and chocolate fudge on top and chocolate sprinkle on top of the fudge. Yaek.

nb

In reply to #33

02/01/2008 8:55 AM

Oh no!!!..... now you've made me think about Ben & Jerry's chocolate fudge brownie ice cream, I'm going to be so sick tonight.

In reply to #34

02/01/2008 9:32 AM

I prefer New York Super Fudge Chunk, and it certainly doesn't make me sick, just tastes delicious all the way down. Long live B & J, in whatever form!

In reply to #37

02/01/2008 11:14 AM

Unfortunately we only get about 6 flavours in the UK, I see they've introduced a banana split flavour, I hope we get that one.

In reply to #34

02/01/2008 10:12 AM

Why?

By the way which side you are on? Chocolate lover or chocolate hater (Actually not liker)?

Nadeem

In reply to #39

02/01/2008 11:00 AM

Definitely a chocolate lover, dark, milk, white, it's all good.

In reply to #42

02/01/2008 11:33 AM

I am so glad there is some one who also likes white chocolate. Thanks, now I know I am not alone.

I love chocolate as long as it is not black or dark. I tried Heath toffee and Cadbury and they were OK and did not have bitter aftertsate. I did not dislike them.

Regards;

Nadeem

In reply to #33

02/01/2008 8:55 AM

I think I see your problem. You need to trade that old black and white TV for one of those new widescreen color flat displays.

Register to Reply
Power-User

In reply to #35

02/01/2008 9:51 AM

Hey, please do not tell my wife that, please. Last time we needed a TV and she said, we need a TV for the family room. I said yes we do, She said 35" will be Ok and I said yes, 35" will be OK. (previously we had a 27" color TV).

So one day I came home and she said, there is a surprize for you. I thought she bought the TV. There it was a brand new TV with 61" projection screen. I said, honey, when did we go to 61 from 35? As usual she ignored my querry and said, the delivery men thanked me for buying only 61" TV as if it was 62" as I was going to buy, it would have not fit the doorway and they would have to take it back. Now if she finds out that nice folks like you are asking to change (not B/W to color but to change) she will run off to the market and buy 61" plasma and you, Anonymous Hero, Sir, would be solely responsible for another person, me, to fall below the officially decalred poverty level. I am quite happy with the one that I got.

I still like white chocolate better than others. Sometimes kitkat and that was months ago. I do not know how did I get that but it did not kill me.

In reply to #38

02/01/2008 12:49 PM

"and you, Anonymous Hero, Sir, would be solely responsible for another person, me, to fall below the officially decalred poverty level."

Yes, my work here is done. ;-)

Register to Reply
Power-User

In reply to #47

02/01/2008 1:16 PM

You made my day. I laughed so hard that a passer by in the office asked me if every thing was right. I showed him your comments in response to mine and he had fits laughing at me.

Thanks, AH.

Regartds;

Nadeem

In reply to #49

02/01/2008 1:23 PM

You are most welcome. I am just waiting for the talent scouts now. ;-)))

Register to Reply
Guru
United States - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 140
In reply to #33

11/08/2010 10:38 PM

Oh dear Rose, Here they call this a racist comment. Should at least add more colors. Cheers

02/01/2008 9:28 AM

Cadbury and dark chocolate, a great combination!

Do you eat to live, or live to eat (chocolate)?

In reply to #36

02/01/2008 10:50 AM

Try eating some 70% cocoa chocolate and then the Bournville. I used to love bournville, now I think it tastes like milk chocolate - or at least more creamy than I like my chocolate to taste.

For some really good stuff, try the links in my earlier post, or go to Thorntons. Not as good as Belgian chocolate, but still good...

In reply to #40

02/01/2008 10:53 AM

Hey ER.. I mix mine with broken glass for extra 'bite'

In reply to #41

02/01/2008 11:04 AM

To whom do you feed it?

No thanks, I'll pass

02/01/2008 1:09 PM

Choose a favorite chocolate?? That's like asking a mother to choose a favorite child!!

Snickers bars are great for a cheap fast gotta-have-it chocolate fix. White chocolate is heavenly in almond bark or on pretzels. Large amounts of sweet milk chocolate is pure back-to-childhood comfort food. Dark chocolate is right up there with good jazz and red wine. Flourless chocolate torte, chocolate chips right out of the bag, French Silk pie, moist brownies with nuts & frosting, hot cocoa with a slug of Frangelico - it's all good!

A favorite chocolate memory: A tunnel-of-fudge cake - remember those? - was turned out of the pan too soon. The inside was still liquid! The cake broke, spilling rivers of melty fudginess all over the counter. I used chunks of warm cake to sop up the fudge, popped them right into my mouth. Fortunately, there were 4 children present to assist in the process, or so help me I'd have eaten the whole thing and gladly suffered the outcome!

All things considered, I suppose I'd put imported Belgian chocolates at the very top of the Pyramid of Pleasure. There, I've said it.

Register to Reply
Power-User

In reply to #48

02/01/2008 2:56 PM

Photo of Tunnel-of-Fudge cake:

Photo of chocolate treat that accelerated a nice dating relationship into the (very nice) marriage I now enjoy:

Gratuitous extra chocolate image:

Register to Reply Score 1 for Good Answer
Power-User

In reply to #53

02/01/2008 3:51 PM

What a beautiful sight to see white chocolate that wetted my mouth. I will go out today and buy white chocolate so I can serve tomorrow during the Superball gathering at my home along with other goodies. I rated your answer high and good.

By the way, you have no right to make all of us so much hungry and wanting to run off from the office to the store to buy that beautiful chocolate. What a tease. I hope you have a chocoful day today.

Regards;

Nadeem

Good Answers: 25

02/01/2008 1:51 PM

I am scared to eat chocolates as it is high calorie food stuff. Well it is very tasty but can also lead to addiction, obestisity and other problems. More over my blood sugar is on border line, so sorry even if someone gives me as gift any of the brands, some of them I have already tried, I will distribute to neighbourly kids. Instead of Chocolates why not to try healthy foods like fruits, salads ec.

In reply to #51

02/01/2008 2:20 PM

I eat those types of food so I can eat chocolate. ;-)

Register to Reply
Power-User

In reply to #51

02/01/2008 3:43 PM

Sharma Ji:

Please eat and do not feel guilty about it. That is the best way you can eat what you are not supposed to eat. If you eat once in a while, there shall be no effect. Just enjoy and after you eat, walk it off and all the calories will be burnt. Basically, we all are carpophagous but there is a limit to it and the taste buds also want some thing other than fruits.

Regards;

Nadeem Butt

In reply to #54

02/01/2008 3:50 PM

Not only that - but chocolate is actually GOOD for you!

It's good for your skin:
http://www.sciencenews.org/articles/20060610/food.asp

It's good for your teeth:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/892591.stm

It's good for your heart:
http://archives.cnn.com/2000/HEALTH/diet.fitness/02/02/chocolate.wmd/

It even helps chronic fatigue syndrome:
http://www.immunesupport.com/library/showarticle.cfm/ID/3464/

What more could you ask for? Oh - and it tastes good, too.

Register to Reply
Guru
Philippines - Member - New Member Engineering Fields - Instrumentation Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - Who am I?

In reply to #51

02/01/2008 10:53 PM

As with most things, too much of anything is not good for you. I eat chocolate maybe once to three times a month. Sometimes, a month or two can go by without my tastebuds being caressed.

Over-reactive dieting bugs me no end. I've known people who look perfect and say, "Oh, I can't eat that. It makes me fat!" As if one mouthful would cause them to blow up.

If you're addicted to it or have a medical condition, then by all means, avoid it. If not, an occassional treat will not harm you.

In reply to #61

02/14/2008 9:47 AM

What a wonderful Idea. Inded, indeed.

I do not know why people go on the yo-yo train of dieting. Some people reject all the good things in life and then life rejects them. Thanks, Vulcan.

Regards;

Nadeem

In reply to #61

02/14/2008 10:08 AM

I'm addicted to food. How do I safely avoid excess?

Register to Reply Off Topic (Score 5)
Power-User

In reply to #166

02/14/2008 11:14 AM

It is simple. By eating less.

In reply to #167

02/14/2008 11:27 AM

A most unhelpful reply (moderation and addiction are incompatible).

Guru

In reply to #168

02/15/2008 12:22 AM

Actually, Nadeem's reply is correct though he might have injected a few suggestions on how to avoid over-eating. I, myself, have never been overweight though I have been underweight up until 14 years ago.

From the time I was a kid until I was around 32, I was underweight. I'm only 5 feet tall and weighed 42 kilos at 32 years old. Most of the reason for that was, well, poverty. We didn't have much in the way of money then and meals with 7 siblings was a share-share affair.

Then, I got married and got a job with my present employer who pays me really well. The quantities of my meals rocketed and the fact that my wife was a good cook also helped. In one year, my weight rose to 54 kilos, which was ideal. Since then, for 14 years, my weight has maintained at 54 to 56 kilos.

Can I offer you any suggestions? All I can say is that it takes discipline and fortitude .

I put in my plate just enough for the meal and never go for seconds. With things like chocolate, cake, ice cream, etc., I only eat them occasionally. I eat vegetables, meat and fruits. I drink softdrinks, coffee, orange juice, and water, of course.

If you eat a lot and are fat. It's going to take a lot of effort to avoid eating excessively. What you need is self-discipline and support from your friends and family.

This is all I can think of at this time. Hope it helps.

Hobbies - Model Rocketry - New Member

Location: East of Seattle, Washington state Republic of the 50 states of America
Good Answers: 36
In reply to #182

02/15/2008 12:37 AM

I concur, excepting myself. I'm just mule headed stubborn, no discipline. At what I consider my ideal weight I'm told I'm gaunt. 15lbs more and I'm fat but my mom and ex both say I don't have that lean wolf look. Go figure.

Brad

In reply to #183

02/15/2008 4:50 AM

sounds like half-way might be the ideal for you

Guru
Engineering Fields - Retired Engineers / Mentors - New Member

Good Answers: 18

02/01/2008 6:02 PM

My favorite chocolate is any chocolate or chocolate covered fruit. Sorry no pictures, I ate it all.

New Zealand - Member - Interested in everything- see my Profile please APIX Pilot Plant Design Project - Member - Member Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - Member Engineering Fields - Power Engineering - Member Engineering Fields - Civil Engineering - Member Hobbies - Musician - Autoharp and Harmonica Hobbies - Hunting - Member Hobbies - Fishing - Member

Location: Christchurch, (The Garden City), South Island, New Zealand
Good Answers: 229
In reply to #57

02/15/2008 2:25 AM

Hello agua_doc

All I can say to that is: How greedy, because you left none for me.

Kind Regards....

New Zealand - Member - Interested in everything- see my Profile please APIX Pilot Plant Design Project - Member - Member Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - Member Engineering Fields - Power Engineering - Member Engineering Fields - Civil Engineering - Member Hobbies - Musician - Autoharp and Harmonica Hobbies - Hunting - Member Hobbies - Fishing - Member

Location: Christchurch, (The Garden City), South Island, New Zealand
Good Answers: 229

02/01/2008 6:15 PM

The Cadbury Roses chocolates are my top favourite.

These are made in Dunedin, NZ, 200 miles south of where I live.

I enjoy the Birthday treat shown at right.

At various times during the day

And for a tasty supper

Kind Regards....

In reply to #58

02/03/2008 2:00 PM

Just to get back to engineering: did you know that Mr Cadbury, of Birmingham, England named his Rose's Chocolates after the man who invented the machine to wrap them?

The Rose Brothers Company, based in Gainsborough, Lincolnshire was the premier machine maker at the time - his tobacco wrapping machines are still in use after ~50 years service at Imperial Tobacco (aka W.D. & H.O. Wills).

They also made guns and improved gun turrets for Lancaster bombers during WWII. At the beginning of the last century, they made cars.

02/01/2008 9:25 PM

Chocolate is addictive but luckily it is also healthy if eaten in moderation.

If combined with other nutrients as shown in this bar, I blend two things in one - I get the taste of the dark rich chocolate plus I consume some of my daily supplements munching on a chocolate covered snack. This is my breakfast and I would not trade it for anything else. - Jaan

This new generation of whole-food bars is the best-tasting and best-for-wellness that Mannatech has ever offered. In addition, they are low-glycemic and include 23 vitamins and minerals, Ambrotose® complex and omega-3 essential fatty acids.

Omega-3 essential fatty acids promote a healthy immune response. Available in mouth-watering rich chocolate and delectable fruit & yogurt flavors, these bars are wholesome, nourishing food in a delicious and convenient form.

In reply to #60

02/02/2008 1:40 AM

Hmmm. It seems to contais about 10% of all daily allowance. For breakfast ( usually regarded as the most inprtant meal of the day), you could maybe get away with eating 3 MannaBar's ! ( handy excuse/saying ; " Breakfast like a king, Lunch like a prince, and <whatever you call the last one > like a pauper ).

In reply to #63

02/04/2008 11:35 AM
Hi Kris,

thank your for the link ... I do not have just the bar for breakfast but it is my decadent way to enjoy dark chocolate and not get hooked on it ... the European way of thinking, and mine was too until I came across a study showing that breakfast did not make a difference in people's health ... many people who were not eating breakfast were still healthy and those who ate like you said did not become any healthier ... I was relieved of an unnecessarily stress because I do not like a big breakfast ... J.

In reply to #87

02/04/2008 11:40 AM

Hi Jaan,

I too, don't like a big breakfast. It does seem to make a difference to how I feel though. My philosophy is enjoy what you eat/do by way of food. As someone said, for most people the body has a way of self-regulating. Too many people go nuts with diets and label watching - the stress probably negates any benefit.

How did you come to be enclosed in a box with that post ? I'm intrigued !

In reply to #88

02/04/2008 3:55 PM

Kris,

I do not know ... I started to compose my previous reply in CR4 window ... when I copied the text in order to check my spelling since I am a Czech, a dialog box "Do you want this webpage access your ..." opened to what I said NO ... when I pasted the text from CR4 into my e-mail, the box was drawn around it ... I cannot duplicate it, at least no yet ... Jana

In reply to #104

02/05/2008 1:48 AM

Hi Jaan,

You can check spelling with the icon that appears as a green tick + ABC in the Editor box. CR4 recently changed how the Editor functions. It hasn't caused me any problems by allowing it access to my clipboard. Sound like you copied an image of your intended post to check, and then pasted the image back (?). Anyways, you managed to convey your meaning, and that's the most important thing.

Kris

Hobbies - Model Rocketry - New Member

Location: East of Seattle, Washington state Republic of the 50 states of America
Good Answers: 36

02/02/2008 12:20 AM

Light snack

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm good

Dark chocolate is the best but verity is the spice of life.

Brad

Good Answers: 7

02/03/2008 6:59 AM

Guys and galls,

Nobody here mentions that chocolate is actually a replacement for sex!

I don't like chocolate that much altough I have the odd piece of dark stuff now and again but sex...now that is an entirely different matter. I have enough of that so no extra endorphins needed here, thank you.

And another thing, white chocolate is just plain wrong! Must be for sissies and great girl blouses who cannot handle the dark stuff.

And another 2nd thing, milk is meant for baby cows. It is bad for you unless you are a baby cow.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #66

02/03/2008 7:15 AM

There is a gravestone in Arizona. It simply reads, "He called the Kid a liar" !

Try this and you may convert;

In reply to #67

02/03/2008 7:25 AM

That packaging needs to go to the advertising standards agency. Is the damn stuff geen black or white...I dunno

In reply to #67

02/03/2008 7:49 AM

Plain old 'Magnolia' didn't work. It tastes good though - totally different to the Milky Bar stuff. Popping a square of this + square of dark chocolate into the gob at the same time works pretty good. Allow it to melt, and swirl it around with your tongue. Nice.

In reply to #66

02/03/2008 7:36 AM

You just gotta try chocolate AND sex together.

In reply to #69

02/03/2008 8:12 AM

Rub chocolate on your hand?

In reply to #71

02/03/2008 8:30 AM

That's opening a door where probably I could get kicked off CR4 if I went in. Enjoy!

Popular Science - Biology - New Member Hobbies - Musician - New Member APIX Pilot Plant Design Project - Member - New Member Hobbies - CNC - New Member Fans of Old Computers - ZX-81 - New Member

Good Answers: 97
In reply to #72

02/03/2008 4:31 PM

You better not "illustrated with pictures" as PWSlack ask for.

In reply to #79

02/13/2008 9:52 AM

Thanks for pointing that out. Phew!

In reply to #71

02/03/2008 9:26 AM

Or paw.

Guru

In reply to #69

02/03/2008 8:34 AM

I read a book once that combined food and sex. Not just chocolate but any food.

Best reading I ever did.

Best putting it in practise of any new found skill ever after.

Avocado was never the same after that.

Guru

In reply to #73

02/03/2008 1:36 PM

We need the ISBN...now!

In reply to #76

02/03/2008 5:01 PM

ISBN-10: 0312363761

I have no idea, but I'm always willing to help a soul in need. (be pleased it was not an iconic 70's book featuring a bloke with suspicious hair growth). I don't go for all that gobbledygook that tells you how to enjoy chocolate ( it's the same as wine snobbery) but here is one link. Being a connoisseur, I doubt you'll need it ER, but it's an amazingly technical subject. The complex way which chocolate plays upon the senses reduces us all to that child-like 'comfort zone'. 'Naughty but nice' sums it all up.

In reply to #80

02/04/2008 12:11 PM

Please don't forget the outstanding film Chocolat - an absolute must see.

In reply to #76

02/04/2008 12:08 PM

A lovely muse of times past, put this book in my life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Natural_History_of_the_Senses

Quite good. She and the book

In reply to #76

02/04/2008 3:10 PM

No need for ISBN, I'll be over shortly, make sure you are ready and have food.

Register to Reply Page 1 of 3: « First 1 2 3 Next > Last »
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

44mEurope (1); agua_doc (1); Andy Germany (12); angie1031 (1); Anonymous Hero (7); Anonymous Poster (20); AstroNut (8); case491 (3); Chris Leonard (1); cj2048 (1); cnpower (2); Darren (1); Del the cat (14); dvmdsc (1); eagertask (1); English Rose (8); Ferris (6); Hendrik (1); Jaan (6); JohnDG (4); JohnV (1); Kris (22); madscientist (1); Mailman (1); MerMayde (1); Moto (1); Nadeem0430 (36); Nigh (19); ozzb (1); Physicist? (4); PlbMak (3); pvanderveen (2); PWSlack (3); rlindey (1); Rorschach (4); Scapolie (1); Snaketails (2); Sparkstation (5); suresh sharma (6); TexasCharley (10); TVP45 (7); U V (6); Vulcan (5)

Previous in Forum: Have Dolphins Gone Mad?   Next in Forum: Outdoor enclosure help

Advertisement